Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe 22:15 - Jul 10 with 2772 viewsEvanski

Bangor 0 UMF Stjarnan (Iceland, apparently) 4 (0-8 on agg)
Haugesund (Norway, apparently) 2 Airbus 1 (a 'respectable' 3-2 on agg)
My hometown Aberystwyth 0 Derry City 5 (0-9 on agg)

Makes you proud.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:24 - Jul 10 with 2755 viewsStarsky

Hey this is the dream of the WFA when they restructured in 1996.
They must be so proud.

It's just the internet, init.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:25 - Jul 10 with 2752 viewsUxbridge

Gutted for Aber.

Need to move to summer football.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:44 - Jul 10 with 2701 viewsEvanski

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:24 - Jul 10 by Starsky

Hey this is the dream of the WFA when they restructured in 1996.
They must be so proud.

My understanding is that they had to start a league in order to keep the national side, but I might be wrong. I'm just glad the Swans didn't get dragged into it.

Summer football would definitely be a step in the right direction, Ux. Aye, gutted too. There was huge excitement in the town ahead of the 1st leg. Huge anti-climax. Tom Atyeo (Swans youth) played for Aber. Hopefully he'll be able to take something positive from the experience.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:49 - Jul 10 with 2687 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Embarrassing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:52 - Jul 10 with 2683 viewsbuilthjack

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:49 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Embarrassing.

The wingmen did ok.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:52 - Jul 10 with 2683 viewsNOTRAC

The whole pyramid structure of grassroots foot ball in Wales is an embarrassment.
The last A.G.M of the Welsh League was abandoned and teams still do not know what League they are playing in next year.
The Premier League has been the graveyard for previously solid historical clubs like Llanelli,Barry,Ebbw Vale and Neath.
It is unbelievable that apart from Port Talbot there are no teams in the League south of Aberystwydd!
The whole thing needs a complete sort out.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:05 - Jul 11 with 2523 viewsSgorioFruit

Right... Where shall i start

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:15 - Jul 11 with 2510 viewsNeath_Jack

Makes you proud? Embarrassing? Nah, neither. Makes no difference at all to any Welsh person other than those that support the teams. Nothing like a massive overreaction. How awful that those footballing giant have lost in Europe eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:17 - Jul 11 with 2507 viewsswans11

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 22:52 - Jul 10 by NOTRAC

The whole pyramid structure of grassroots foot ball in Wales is an embarrassment.
The last A.G.M of the Welsh League was abandoned and teams still do not know what League they are playing in next year.
The Premier League has been the graveyard for previously solid historical clubs like Llanelli,Barry,Ebbw Vale and Neath.
It is unbelievable that apart from Port Talbot there are no teams in the League south of Aberystwydd!
The whole thing needs a complete sort out.

Didn't know Ebbw Vale was ever any good at football thought was mainly rugby. I'm from ebbw Vale
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:31 - Jul 11 with 2480 viewsperchrockjack

Good job we can play in England really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:38 - Jul 11 with 2475 viewsDarran

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 08:17 - Jul 11 by swans11

Didn't know Ebbw Vale was ever any good at football thought was mainly rugby. I'm from ebbw Vale

They played on the rugby ground too.
I went there to watch the Ferry once,they were paying out a lot of money and signed a lot of the Leagues best players mainly from Abergavenny when they went bust.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:08 - Jul 11 with 2438 viewstomdickharry

Would be far better for domestic football if the LOW joined the English pyramid system and said goodbye to Europe.An agreement to this effect was made behind the scenes many moons ago but never saw the light of day due to the heads in the sand attitude of Welsh football administrators.
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:29 - Jul 11 with 2407 viewsreddythered

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:08 - Jul 11 by tomdickharry

Would be far better for domestic football if the LOW joined the English pyramid system and said goodbye to Europe.An agreement to this effect was made behind the scenes many moons ago but never saw the light of day due to the heads in the sand attitude of Welsh football administrators.

And then kiss goodbye to the Welsh national team as a consequence.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:37 - Jul 11 with 2397 viewsJackSomething

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:29 - Jul 11 by reddythered

How does that work then? We had a national team before we had a League of Wales.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:50 - Jul 11 with 2384 viewsDr_Winston

No loss.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 2367 viewsClinton

Couldn't we work with one of these clubs, loan out players of an appropriate standard, maybe even give them some coaching help. Maybe use them as a feeder and to help bring on Welsh youngsters. Just saying. It sems depressing that they are getting knocked out of Europe even before the season has started properly and, as far as I know they don't bring on many players who end up in the national team.
I can't see it would cost us much, if anything, given the playing and coaching resources and facilities we have now.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:58 - Jul 11 with 2367 viewsTom1912

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:37 - Jul 11 by JackSomething

How does that work then? We had a national team before we had a League of Wales.

It was formed in the 90s in response to members of FIFA pushing for a UK team
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:04 - Jul 11 with 2364 viewsDarran

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:57 - Jul 11 by Clinton

Couldn't we work with one of these clubs, loan out players of an appropriate standard, maybe even give them some coaching help. Maybe use them as a feeder and to help bring on Welsh youngsters. Just saying. It sems depressing that they are getting knocked out of Europe even before the season has started properly and, as far as I know they don't bring on many players who end up in the national team.
I can't see it would cost us much, if anything, given the playing and coaching resources and facilities we have now.

If we're loaning our players out we want them to come back better not worse.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:16 - Jul 11 with 2344 viewsJackSomething

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:58 - Jul 11 by Tom1912

So the belief is that we have to have the LOW to keep our national team?

Like Jobs said, I'm not sure it would be that much of a loss. I'm also surprised to find myself in agreement with TDH. In it's current format, the league is pointless.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:18 - Jul 11 with 2335 viewstomdickharry

That is a complete load of rubbish with the greatest respect.
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:25 - Jul 11 with 2314 viewstomdickharry

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 09:58 - Jul 11 by Tom1912

Wrong with the greatest respect,the LOW was the brainchild of a couple of members of the FAW/Welsh League who with the assistance of the then Secretary of the FAW managed to get the idea of the ground against much opposition especially from within the then Welsh League.The idea was sound at the time of formation of the LOW,unfortunately the structure of European football competition changed and this dealt a mortal blow to the league's future.
Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:25 - Jul 11 with 2313 viewsDr_Winston

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:18 - Jul 11 by tomdickharry

That is a complete load of rubbish with the greatest respect.

Yes. The Welsh national team is a complete load of rubbish.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:37 - Jul 11 with 2289 viewsJackSomething

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:25 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Yes. The Welsh national team is a complete load of rubbish.

Don't start them off please. You know what they're like and they've barely been seen since England went out of the World Cup. It's been lovely.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:46 - Jul 11 with 2265 viewsDr_Winston

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 10:37 - Jul 11 by JackSomething

Don't start them off please. You know what they're like and they've barely been seen since England went out of the World Cup. It's been lovely.

Sorry.

It is a bugbear of mine though. Like it or not Wales is part of a bigger entity, just like Catalonia is in Spain. Take the Catalans out of the Spanish side and it's highly likely they'd have won nothing between 2008 & 2012, yet British football fans continue to advocate we do the same thing out of meaningless local pride.

Another fine showing for Welsh clubs in Europe on 11:55 - Jul 11 with 2202 viewsC_jack

Annoys me to see our league in such a poor state. It should be considerably better than what it is. I enjoy it none the less but you have to me a masochist at times.

Summer football won't change anything though, poor quality is still poor quality in every month of the year.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024