Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes 13:12 - Aug 13 with 9290 viewsimustbemad

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/7987268/singh-apologises-to-
The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:25 - Aug 14 with 1472 viewsClive_Anderson

The demise of Blackburn Rovers FC before our eyes on 12:11 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Well I think they were sick of funding it and wanted to sell. They'd been trying to sell for a good 18 months prior to doing the deal so clearly they couldn't afford it, or didn't want to afford it any more. Everybody takes advice from people and fixers on these things. They took their advice from Anderson who at the same time was advising the Venky's who wanted to buy a football club to act as some sort of publicity vehicle for their brand in Europe.

Anderson meanwhile was aiming to do what he'd done at Man City when Eriksson was manager - i.e. be in with the board and the manager of a Premiership football club and then get them to spend big sums (and big signing on fees with big agents fees) on people like Bianchi and Bojinov in City's case and his own son in Blackburn's.

Quite how it can be legal for a football agent to be working for the board, the manager and the playing staff of a football club is beyond me. It's a disgrace.

So the trust were basically desperate to sell? That makes a bit more sense.

I remember the Notts County trust giving away the club for free to some 'millionaire investors' and then it turned out they didn't actually have any money after all. No surprise to see Eriksson appear there as well.

Football is full of dodgy tw*ts who steal money from clubs. If I owned a club I'd refuse to deal with agents at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024