Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? 16:41 - Sep 9 with 1226 viewsUTS1885

A golden opportunity exists to maybe acquire the land adjacent to the chapel stand that was occupied by warehouse units destroyed by a fire. The freehold of the central trading estate is owned by Lasalle management, who purchased it from the original owners, the coal pension fund. I don’t see how any expansion can go ahead with the current layout unless surrounding land is acquired.
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 18:47 - Sep 9 with 1036 views1ASIN12

Why would they need to buy land for any expansion ? The Chapel end has a large car park behind it so could easily do what Newcastle did and build over it .

Anyway I thought that any expansion would involve building and extra tier on the Kinsgland Stand , on the land they already own . Think I read this would add around 5000 extra seats but like everything now days this would be very expensive.

Let’s sell out every game this season , even when we are bottom of the league to see if there is the demand to have 5000 extra Saints fans week in week out .
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 19:03 - Sep 9 with 1011 viewsUTS1885

You not been to st marys recently then and how the footprint has shrunk due to the fanzone s. Thats why i said this current layout would not work. You would for example shift everything back and that would them allow for the chapel stand increase.

Incidentally due to crowd congestion the fencing around St Marys stadium might well have to be removed for safety reasons. It was somewhat chaotic against Forest pre match and it appears nobody at the club or council foresaw this safety issue. I hate to think what would happen in an emergency evacuation.
[Post edited 9 Sep 21:32]
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 21:21 - Sep 9 with 865 viewsSouthSeaSaint

If I was the money man at SFC I would be looking to do a deal with the Council to get hold of the Itchen frontage land when Cemex and Co leave the aggregate wharves.
It will happen some day and I have a sneaky feeling that discussions may be ongoing.
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 21:38 - Sep 9 with 845 viewsUTS1885

Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 21:21 - Sep 9 by SouthSeaSaint

If I was the money man at SFC I would be looking to do a deal with the Council to get hold of the Itchen frontage land when Cemex and Co leave the aggregate wharves.
It will happen some day and I have a sneaky feeling that discussions may be ongoing.

There was a plot of land being sold opposite the megastore wharfside a couple of years back. I dont know what happened to that. But losing 200+ car spaces cant be good for staff on matchdays.

La Salle paid £3m for the central trading estate freehold in 2002
Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 21:51 - Sep 9 with 830 viewsSaintNick

Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 19:03 - Sep 9 by UTS1885

You not been to st marys recently then and how the footprint has shrunk due to the fanzone s. Thats why i said this current layout would not work. You would for example shift everything back and that would them allow for the chapel stand increase.

Incidentally due to crowd congestion the fencing around St Marys stadium might well have to be removed for safety reasons. It was somewhat chaotic against Forest pre match and it appears nobody at the club or council foresaw this safety issue. I hate to think what would happen in an emergency evacuation.
[Post edited 9 Sep 21:32]

I said that the fencing would create a lot of congestion and the Forest game proved me right, if there was a genuine emergency at the stadium then I dread to think how it could be evacuated safely

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 09:33 - Sep 10 with 537 viewssaintmark1976

Will Sport Republic Buy vacant Land Alongside St Mary’s Stadium ? on 21:38 - Sep 9 by UTS1885

There was a plot of land being sold opposite the megastore wharfside a couple of years back. I dont know what happened to that. But losing 200+ car spaces cant be good for staff on matchdays.

La Salle paid £3m for the central trading estate freehold in 2002

It’s my understanding that staff now park their cars at Ocean Village and are bused to the stadium.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024