Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Echoes of Nathan Jones 10:02 - Aug 25 with 1418 viewsPatfromPoole

Two seasons ago, the game against Forest at home was the game when I knew we were doomed.

Forest were terrible that night, and hadn't won away from home in an age.

They played one striker up front, and Nathan Jones bizarrely played 3 CB's. We created next to nothing and Forest were comfortable winners.

Yesterday was similarly a game we needed to win. Our formation looked like 5-5-0 to me.

Absolutely no goal threat. Forest's keeper could have had a lie-down and a cigar.

As with Nathan Jones, I'm not sure our manager is showing that he is up to this League tactically.

Bizarre substitutions again as well.

This is the most important week of our season. We have to make some quality additions this week in the transfer window, or we are doomed.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:13 - Aug 25 with 1364 viewsDorsetIan

Well find out whether RM is up to managing at this level.

But that NJ Forest game was a joke and yesterday wasn’t. RM knows how he wants to play and I say let’s give him and it a few more games before writing him/it off. At least the players know what they’re trying to do.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:29 - Aug 25 with 1314 viewssaint22

No point adding quality of the manager keeps picking players like Stephens
It is absolute astonishing he still gets near the squad let alone starts
Smallbone needs dropping too
Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 1305 viewsIfonly

We also had a Nathan Jones echo in the delusional post match comments. RM said "They just need to relax and trust the way we play.” Really Russell? Everyone just needs to trust you??

Just watching MOTD, Micah Richards commenting on Saints said "the main thing is that they need to get the ball forward quicker". That's 100% right Mr Richards, but unfortunately RM doesn't want us to do that.

This was probably one of the 2 or 3 easiest fixtures that we'll have all season. Statistics say that we must win a few games, but from a football perspective it is difficult to see how it will happen based on this level of performance.
Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 1293 viewsButty101

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:29 - Aug 25 by saint22

No point adding quality of the manager keeps picking players like Stephens
It is absolute astonishing he still gets near the squad let alone starts
Smallbone needs dropping too

You should try going to a game !

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 1225 viewsRon11

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:33 - Aug 25 by Ifonly

We also had a Nathan Jones echo in the delusional post match comments. RM said "They just need to relax and trust the way we play.” Really Russell? Everyone just needs to trust you??

Just watching MOTD, Micah Richards commenting on Saints said "the main thing is that they need to get the ball forward quicker". That's 100% right Mr Richards, but unfortunately RM doesn't want us to do that.

This was probably one of the 2 or 3 easiest fixtures that we'll have all season. Statistics say that we must win a few games, but from a football perspective it is difficult to see how it will happen based on this level of performance.

If 'they just need to relax and trust the way we play', then this must mean that at the moment they are not trusting the way we play.
Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 1206 viewscocklebreath

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:13 - Aug 25 by DorsetIan

But that NJ Forest game was a joke and yesterday wasn’t. RM knows how he wants to play and I say let’s give him and it a few more games before writing him/it off. At least the players know what they’re trying to do.

It was just as bad, we were outplayed from the first to last minute, slow ponderous passing and no one up front with Diaz and Armstrong playing as out and out wingers. I was feeling pretty good after Newcastle but yesterday was as bad as I’ve seen under Martin. Brentford very similar team to forest they will be too physical for us and too direct.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 11:07 - Aug 25 with 1125 viewsChesham_Saint

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:33 - Aug 25 by Ifonly

Everyone needs to trust him? What an arrogant fvck. We can all see the tactics yesterday and they were shit. He needs to get his head out of his arse and react to what we can all see.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 11:19 - Aug 25 with 1068 viewsPatfromPoole

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 10:55 - Aug 25 by cocklebreath

It was just as bad, we were outplayed from the first to last minute, slow ponderous passing and no one up front with Diaz and Armstrong playing as out and out wingers. I was feeling pretty good after Newcastle but yesterday was as bad as I’ve seen under Martin. Brentford very similar team to forest they will be too physical for us and too direct.

I fear you are not quite sounding your normal upbeat self, sir......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 11:27 - Aug 25 with 1016 viewsgrumpy

Martin got it completely wrong yesterday.
Tactically
Team Selection
Substitutes
If he refuses to accept responsibility for this we are in big trouble.
Echoes of Nathan Jones on 14:37 - Aug 25 with 829 viewsBerber

They just weren’t trying very hard or successfully.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 15:30 - Aug 25 with 763 viewssaintpaz

err did you watch the game yesterday? It was a joke let me tell you. Why would you play Armstrong and Diaz on the wings for starters? Diaz should be down the middle, I thought he was a replacement for Che Adams?
Echoes of Nathan Jones on 16:02 - Aug 25 with 704 viewsTripleNiemi

There can only be one ‘Pound for Pound Best Manager in European Football’ so sadly Mr Martin needs to accept that.

#TrustTheProcess

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 16:39 - Aug 25 with 623 viewscocklebreath

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 11:19 - Aug 25 by PatfromPoole

I fear you are not quite sounding your normal upbeat self, sir......

Indeed, after 10 minutes it was obvious what was going to happen. I think our first win will be against Man U as Russell changes to a 4-2-3-1 (maybe)

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 16:55 - Aug 25 with 595 viewsDorsetIan

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 15:30 - Aug 25 by saintpaz

err did you watch the game yesterday? It was a joke let me tell you. Why would you play Armstrong and Diaz on the wings for starters? Diaz should be down the middle, I thought he was a replacement for Che Adams?

Yes, I was there.

I agree seeing Armstrong and Diaz tight to the touchlines was unusual, but I took the view the they were there to stretch the Forest back line across the pitch, or at the very least that they were there deliberately and that RM had a plan putting them there.

RM got us promoted after one season and gave us a great day out at Wembley. He deserves some respect from us as a manager and I am very sure that he know a f*ck of a lot more about football management than I do.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 17:00 - Aug 25 with 583 viewscocklebreath

Echoes of Nathan Jones on 16:55 - Aug 25 by DorsetIan

Yes, I was there.

I agree seeing Armstrong and Diaz tight to the touchlines was unusual, but I took the view the they were there to stretch the Forest back line across the pitch, or at the very least that they were there deliberately and that RM had a plan putting them there.

RM got us promoted after one season and gave us a great day out at Wembley. He deserves some respect from us as a manager and I am very sure that he know a f*ck of a lot more about football management than I do.

Im sure he does but after 20 minutes everyone knew the weird 2 forwards really wide with no focal point in the middle was utter sh!t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024