Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season 22:47 - Aug 20 with 2729 viewsSaintNick

Who has had to move or more importantly who has been forced to move

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 22:58 - Aug 20 with 2305 viewsJoiedevivre

The lack of any standing in the Itchen North has moved me from Block 2 row MM to my sofa Row 1. I wasn’t convinced enough by the Northam Kop. The plague that is Sky Sports is satanic and I already regret my decision.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 23:25 - Aug 20 with 2260 viewsSouthamptonfan

I am staying in the same seat I have been in for 20 years. I like my seat and didn't want to move. But I could have moved to the Northam or a few other areas of the ground for 100 pound less. Will be interesting to see how many familiar faces have stayed and how many have moved. It will.also be interesting to see if everyone not in the.Northam. sits at all.times in the seating areas.
[Post edited 20 Aug 23:26]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 2226 viewsPatfromPoole

With a heavy heart, have moved from Block 2 of the Itchen North.

Could have stayed there, but didn’t like the sound of it being full of champagne toffs.

Am expecting the Northam Wall to be utter shite, and hopefully we can have the away fans back in the Northam in 12 months or so.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 05:32 - Aug 21 with 2113 views1ASIN12

I think the Northam will be shit for a few reasons.

I know people who moved to the Northam, not because they wanted to stand and sing but because it was cheap. I fear they’ll be several behind will be sitting in the safe standing area.

I’m not sure we have 7000 fans who want to sing and stand all game.

We don’t really have a lot of songs and we sing the same song for various players .

Time will tell and I like the idea but for those reasons alone it won’t be this wall of noise some think.

As for moving seats sever clubs have move home fans to change where away fans sit. Aston Villa, Chelsea, Derby , Middlesbrough Watford to name a few.

We even moved the away fans to the east stand at the Dell to create an end and funnily enough that worked probably because it was smaller .
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 07:42 - Aug 21 with 1977 viewsarfurdent

Forced to move from Block 28. The move was a right mess as I tried to relocate five seats together. No help from the club

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 08:12 - Aug 21 with 1945 viewssaint901

I've moved from Kingsland to home.

I choose Kingsland because I don't really want to be near away fans after several unpleasant experiences over past seasons. I also come in via the industrial estate which I understand is not now possible because of away fans.

So the "improvements" have proven to be end of regular live football watching for me.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 1872 viewsBLEEDRED

Staying in the Itchen North, see what develops over the season.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:42 - Aug 21 with 1793 viewssaintwizzler

Not been forced to move but will see what happens with the away fans after the game.
I have my 10 year old Great Nephew to consider.
In Kingsland Block 30.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:51 - Aug 21 with 1785 viewsSaintNick

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:42 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

Not been forced to move but will see what happens with the away fans after the game.
I have my 10 year old Great Nephew to consider.
In Kingsland Block 30.

Its not a great situation in that Kingsland corner, the concourse outside the stadium was packed after a game to start with, now with all the fences it is going to get even worse.

You would hope that the away fans will all have to leave via the industrial estate

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 10:07 - Aug 21 with 1756 viewssaintwizzler

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:51 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

Its not a great situation in that Kingsland corner, the concourse outside the stadium was packed after a game to start with, now with all the fences it is going to get even worse.

You would hope that the away fans will all have to leave via the industrial estate

I was told by the club in April that

‘They won’t be prevented access but we’ll be encouraging them away from the stadium through the industrial estate.’

When I asked if the away fans would walk up past the Kingsland Stand to the bridge.

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 10:37 - Aug 21 with 1729 viewsBenali_Saint

Staying in the same seat ive had since St Marys opened. But expecting the Northam wall to be piss poor.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 13:38 - Aug 21 with 1623 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:51 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

I had a look at this at the the 2nd Saints friendly, and spoke to a few of the stewards, who were none the wiser. The away end is fenced off to about one fifth of the way down the Kingsland on the outside, but only half way up to the railway. This means that away fans will be on one side of the fence and Saints fans on the other side. Away fans will also be able to leave the stadium after the game, and turn right towards the foot bridge as the fence doesn't go all the way up to the railway.

As for the Northam wall, I do think it's a good thing. The the whole end will be singing as it spreads more easily without any away fans there to break it up. Everyone will have to stand or they won't be able to see! And a whole end staying up will encourage more singing and activity imo.

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 14:38 - Aug 21 with 1575 viewsfranniesTache

Had to move from our seats in block three to the BANTA WALL as the club are cracking down on standing anywhere else.

Personally give it until Xmas before we move as I’ll hate the people around us.

Really annoyed the club have done this to be honest, there was a reason I didn’t want to be in the northam in the first place and no I have no choice
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 15:33 - Aug 21 with 1526 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 14:38 - Aug 21 by franniesTache

Had to move from our seats in block three to the BANTA WALL as the club are cracking down on standing anywhere else.

Personally give it until Xmas before we move as I’ll hate the people around us.

Really annoyed the club have done this to be honest, there was a reason I didn’t want to be in the northam in the first place and no I have no choice

The club have been very crafty. One hundred pounds cheaper to move to the Northam, and being the only place where you can stand, left some people with no choice for one or both of those reasons. The result is that the standers, the singers, the "rowdy" lot will all be in the Northam well away from the away fans. This will stop any problems with the away support as those paying a lot more, the ones now sat next to the away support, are more likely to be the calm, just sit there types, I would think. This means less segregation will be needed and more money for the club.

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 15:39 - Aug 21 with 1520 viewsfranniesTache

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 15:33 - Aug 21 by Southamptonfan

The club have been very crafty. One hundred pounds cheaper to move to the Northam, and being the only place where you can stand, left some people with no choice for one or both of those reasons. The result is that the standers, the singers, the "rowdy" lot will all be in the Northam well away from the away fans. This will stop any problems with the away support as those paying a lot more, the ones now sat next to the away support, are more likely to be the calm, just sit there types, I would think. This means less segregation will be needed and more money for the club.

I’m not too bothered about being close to the away fans, what I wanted was to stand and have a laugh with my mates and be nowhere near the inbetweeners lot in the northam.

Unfortunately the club have taken that choice away
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 1512 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 15:39 - Aug 21 by franniesTache

I’m not too bothered about being close to the away fans, what I wanted was to stand and have a laugh with my mates and be nowhere near the inbetweeners lot in the northam.

Unfortunately the club have taken that choice away

However, when the inbetweeners are nowhere near the away fans, there will be less scope to do the stupid things they might usually do. That was a funny film though.

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1446 viewssledger

i seem to remember plenty banging on about moving the away fans away from the northam and how it would be better,now the club have done this plenty are still whining,think some just like to moan whatever.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 17:19 - Aug 21 with 1427 viewssaint901

These changes have nothing to do with encouraging fans and all to do with increasing revenue.

Sad but inevitable.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 19:12 - Aug 21 with 1339 viewsNumber_58

Our seats were in the family stand so we had to move. Shame really as we've had them for nearly 10 years. When I first got a season ticket for my lad I remember the groundsman let us sneak into the stadium to select the best seats. Since then, from those seats we saw both bad times and very bad times. And the occasional good time too.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 22:53 - Aug 21 with 1221 views1teeminants

I’m still in Itchen North. I thought about Northam but I wouldn’t have been able to get my son and partner tickets next to me when they needed them so I didn’t bother. The atmosphere will still be good in the Itchen North as it’s very close to the Northam.

All those that have moved to Northam should sing their hearts out , you wanted the atmosphere and from what I hear the players wanted it too now do something about it . Ill be singing as I always have done . It’s up to the youngsters now to sort some decent songs out. Man United amongst others have a vast array of songs when they travel and they sing them very loudly.

Up The Saints
[Post edited 21 Aug 22:56]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 23:22 - Aug 21 with 1177 viewsPatfromPoole

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 22:53 - Aug 21 by 1teeminants

I’m still in Itchen North. I thought about Northam but I wouldn’t have been able to get my son and partner tickets next to me when they needed them so I didn’t bother. The atmosphere will still be good in the Itchen North as it’s very close to the Northam.

All those that have moved to Northam should sing their hearts out , you wanted the atmosphere and from what I hear the players wanted it too now do something about it . Ill be singing as I always have done . It’s up to the youngsters now to sort some decent songs out. Man United amongst others have a vast array of songs when they travel and they sing them very loudly.

Up The Saints

I don’t think the atmosphere in the Itchen North will be that great TBH, as they won’t let you stand any more.

I would have preferred to move to near the away fans if they would let us stand over there.
[Post edited 22 Aug 9:59]

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 09:56 - Aug 22 with 974 viewssaintwizzler

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 22:53 - Aug 21 by 1teeminants

Up The Saints

If the players want a good atmosphere then they need to do the business on the pitch.
A few more shots at goal and our keeper not passing the ball to an opponent is a start.

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 11:38 - Aug 22 with 904 viewsTripleNiemi

Up The Saints

So long as their are more songs about Pompey and getting battered it’s gonna be epic in the New Kop

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 873 viewsIfonly

Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 10:07 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

I was told by the club in April that

‘They won’t be prevented access but we’ll be encouraging them away from the stadium through the industrial estate.’

When I asked if the away fans would walk up past the Kingsland Stand to the bridge.

I think this is going to cause an issue at some point and those of us going from the Kingsland to the bridge will get caught up in it. There should be no option for away fans to leave via the bridge. Arriving might be ok but not after i.e. have a gate there which is closed after the game and away fans directed the other way.

My take on the Northam: it may be a bit shite to begin with but I think it will develop over a few seasons.
Who Has Had To Move Their Seat From Last Season on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 839 viewsdirk_doone

I remember when we left the Dell, there were some people who took their seats with them. I guess they'll have been moved around quite a bit since then. Most probably ended up at the bottom of people's gardens.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024