Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well….. 16:32 - Aug 10 with 1774 viewssaint22

….. we need a GK a CB a CM and a winger and probably another striker if Stewart remains MIA

Stephen’s should not be starting premier league games he is nowhere near good enough

Sugiwara looks a player

Downes and THB are quality

Let’s hope KWP stays
Well….. on 17:03 - Aug 10 with 1699 viewsTripleNiemi

Sadly we are skint.

Still, once the fanzones are up and running and the cheep lagers are flying off the pumps we will be minted. The January transfer window is gone be one like no other ever witnessed by us……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Well….. on 18:12 - Aug 10 with 1599 viewssaint22

Well….. on 17:03 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

Sadly we are skint.

Still, once the fanzones are up and running and the cheep lagers are flying off the pumps we will be minted. The January transfer window is gone be one like no other ever witnessed by us……

Everyone is skint bar the top 5
We will be a damned sight poorer if we don’t buy now and go down
Well….. on 20:13 - Aug 10 with 1511 viewssledger

we will go to the wall if we overspend and go down we need some yoyo common sense
Well….. on 20:35 - Aug 10 with 1468 viewsMonksway

Thought today was really well done by RM and the team. Experienced team focussing on defending without giving up too many chances. If McCarthy is to be our goalkeeper give him lots of game time and make him do stuff he struggles with, that way he'll improve. Stephens played well and we are more solid if he goes forward and leaves THB and Bednarek as the back line. Aribo, Smallbone and Downes are a good midfield three and might just compete with Newcastle. After the last few years Saints are in a financial mess. RM and his staff did great to get us promoted. I really respect the ethos, care and enthusiasm he has brought to the club in stark contrast to some previous managers. I hope we stick with him and the team and if we go down so be it. We'll be very competitive in the championship with Dibling, Sam Amo, Charles and Edwards. C'mon you Saints!
Well….. on 20:58 - Aug 10 with 1421 viewsPatfromPoole

Well….. on 20:35 - Aug 10 by Monksway

Thought today was really well done by RM and the team. Experienced team focussing on defending without giving up too many chances. If McCarthy is to be our goalkeeper give him lots of game time and make him do stuff he struggles with, that way he'll improve. Stephens played well and we are more solid if he goes forward and leaves THB and Bednarek as the back line. Aribo, Smallbone and Downes are a good midfield three and might just compete with Newcastle. After the last few years Saints are in a financial mess. RM and his staff did great to get us promoted. I really respect the ethos, care and enthusiasm he has brought to the club in stark contrast to some previous managers. I hope we stick with him and the team and if we go down so be it. We'll be very competitive in the championship with Dibling, Sam Amo, Charles and Edwards. C'mon you Saints!

Aribo, Smallbone and Downes are not a good midfield in this League.

Downes is the only one who is Prem standard. Aribo and Smallbone aren’t quick enough, Aribo in particular.

Sugawara hasn’t been tested defensively yet. Let’s see how he does against Anthony Gordon next Saturday.

We do have some Prem standard players (Harwood-Bellis, Bednarek, KWP, Downes, Brereton), just nowhere near enough.

Fear the worst for next Saturday, but if we can somehow scramble a win against Forest, I’ll take that.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Well….. on 21:09 - Aug 10 with 1400 viewssaint22

Well….. on 20:35 - Aug 10 by Monksway

Have you been drinking
You could pick half those players all day long but they are NOT PL standard and will get found out v quickly
We are a yo yo team without proper investment
Well….. on 22:33 - Aug 10 with 1219 viewsBlock8

Swap Stephens for Edwards, we don't need a CB, but a keeper & good attacking midfielder is a must.
Today we played with both strikers sitting wide, the idea being that one of the central midfielders would push through gap created through the middle. No one out there looked at all capable and at times when we did manage to break the press there was no forward pass available!
Aribo isn't PL quality, I'm not sure about Smallbone and there is the problem. Perhaps Charly is the answer but he's a bit to maverick for Russel's style and will probably go. I really like Dibling but he sort of falls into the Charly category?
If as it seems we don't have any money, then we need to make the most of what we have and play to a system that suits?
Well….. on 23:22 - Aug 10 with 1170 viewsareasix

may I suggest Saint 22 invests in the team as he likes spending everyone elses money.

I have been saying for a season we have a large overdraft which we need to pay back , Prem payments will help but it needs a couple of seasons of restraint to get us back competing with Brentfords etc.
We can buy but struggle to find over 20m on one player.
Login to get fewer ads

Well….. on 23:39 - Aug 10 with 1153 viewsareasix

13.5m coming in for Bella Kotchap next week which will help RM.

8m for Paul O before the deadline.

We could do with selling KWP if he doesnt sign a contract.

Sell Sulemana and Mara but i would like to keep Alcaraz i belief their is a decent player in him. maybe get 10m at a push for the two.

and then some of that money could find a midfielder / GK.
Well….. on 23:42 - Aug 10 with 1150 viewsPatfromPoole

Well….. on 23:39 - Aug 10 by areasix

Sell Sulemana and Mara but i would like to keep Alcaraz i belief their is a decent player in him. maybe get 10m at a push for the two.

Nobody is going to sign Sulemana while he is injured.

I would love us to sell Mara, but just can’t see it.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Well….. on 09:26 - Aug 11 with 717 viewssaintwizzler

Where’s Lallana?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Well….. on 09:35 - Aug 11 with 700 viewssaintmark1976

Well….. on 09:26 - Aug 11 by saintwizzler

Where’s Lallana?

Probably resting on the treatment table having injured himself getting on and off the team bus.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Well….. on 09:39 - Aug 11 with 685 viewssaintwizzler

Well….. on 09:35 - Aug 11 by saintmark1976

Probably resting on the treatment table having injured himself getting on and off the team bus.

In Sports Republic’s ownership we certainly have seen some awful buys but this surely has to be up there!

Yes I know he was a free but wages?
He will be on a wedge.
You can tell just by looking at the smug face.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Well….. on 10:46 - Aug 11 with 651 viewsTripleNiemi

Well….. on 09:39 - Aug 11 by saintwizzler

In Sports Republic’s ownership we certainly have seen some awful buys but this surely has to be up there!

Yes I know he was a free but wages?
He will be on a wedge.
You can tell just by looking at the smug face.

Just wait til the next private jet rocks up with his mate from Turkey onboard……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Well….. on 13:08 - Aug 11 with 541 viewsdirk_doone

Well….. on 23:39 - Aug 10 by areasix

We've already bought KWP's replacement: Sugawara. This means that, if he stayed, KWP would be forced to play out of position, on the left; a position which we've already brought in Charlie Taylor to fill. Then, there's Manning and Bree, who were brought in last year. It seems that a large part of our transfer strategy has been based on selling KWP.
[Post edited 11 Aug 14:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Well….. on 16:29 - Aug 11 with 418 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Well….. on 09:26 - Aug 11 by saintwizzler

Where’s Lallana?

Making and serving Ross Stewart his drinks and healthy lunches
Well….. on 16:49 - Aug 11 with 388 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Well….. on 13:08 - Aug 11 by dirk_doone

We've already bought KWP's replacement: Sugawara. This means that, if he stayed, KWP would be forced to play out of position, on the left; a position which we've already brought in Charlie Taylor to fill. Then, there's Manning and Bree, who were brought in last year. It seems that a large part of our transfer strategy has been based on selling KWP.
[Post edited 11 Aug 14:54]

If we can’t move KWP on then perhaps we could play him in a midfield position as he is good going forwards. Looking at Sugawara’s stats he seems to like bombing forwards a lot so rather than play KWP in front of Suga and restrict his runs forward perhaps they could play as an alternating pair so if Suga bombs forward KWP drops back to cover so if the move breaks down and the opposition counter quickly we are not left exposed down that side of the pitch. Just a thought because if he stays he needs to be in the team as he is PL quality and in our current squad PL quality is in fairly short supply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024