Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsdale 16:18 - Aug 2 with 1361 viewssaint22

I see arsenal will loan him now!
Get this done
RM talking after the Oxford game saying McCarthy needs game time and to improve!?? Ffs
Ramsdale on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 1264 views1ASIN12

As I’ve said previously I think we’ve got to get used to McCarthy being our number 1 this season, and we will have to change our style like we did when he came into the team last season . To get him to try and play it out the back will only end one way.

I’m not sure we could afford Ramsdale even on loan and I think he sees him self as better than a bottom 6 club .
Ramsdale on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 1263 viewsCity_boy

Did RM elaborate, how many games he needs ? 20, 30, 50 or more ? He has been with us since 2016, surely could have improved in that time.

I watched the brief highlights against Oxford, he was embarrassing.

This doesn't bode well if we start season with McCarthy in goal.
Ramsdale on 17:23 - Aug 2 with 1231 viewsPatfromPoole

The thing is, if we are going to persist with passing it out from the back, as seemed to be the case at Oxford on Wednesday, Ramsdale would be a whole lot more suited to this than McCarthy.

I suspect Martin is insisting we keep with this style of play as he is assuming we will be signing Ramsdale, or a similar style of keeper; and he wants the defence to be comfortable with it.

It must be glaringly obvious to him that McCarthy is wholly unsuited to it.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Ramsdale on 21:47 - Aug 2 with 982 views1teeminants

Ramsdale on 17:23 - Aug 2 by PatfromPoole

The thing is, if we are going to persist with passing it out from the back, as seemed to be the case at Oxford on Wednesday, Ramsdale would be a whole lot more suited to this than McCarthy.

I suspect Martin is insisting we keep with this style of play as he is assuming we will be signing Ramsdale, or a similar style of keeper; and he wants the defence to be comfortable with it.

It must be glaringly obvious to him that McCarthy is wholly unsuited to it.

Apparently it’s been agreed for Mateus Lis to go to Goztepe so RM has always said we would look at another keeper if one goes.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ramsdale on 22:07 - Aug 2 with 947 viewsBazza

Ramsdale on 21:47 - Aug 2 by 1teeminants

Apparently it’s been agreed for Mateus Lis to go to Goztepe so RM has always said we would look at another keeper if one goes.

Forest are after Ramsdale too so I hope we don’t dither for too long.
Ramsdale on 23:31 - Aug 2 with 846 viewssaint22

Ramsdale on 17:08 - Aug 2 by City_boy

Did RM elaborate, how many games he needs ? 20, 30, 50 or more ? He has been with us since 2016, surely could have improved in that time.

I watched the brief highlights against Oxford, he was embarrassing.

This doesn't bode well if we start season with McCarthy in goal.

How many seasons have we tried to get by with average goalkeepers?!
It’s astounding
It’s such a crucial position yet we treat it with such disregard
Ramsdale on 08:06 - Aug 3 with 659 viewsdirk_doone

Ramsdale on 23:31 - Aug 2 by saint22

How many seasons have we tried to get by with average goalkeepers?!
It’s astounding
It’s such a crucial position yet we treat it with such disregard

If only they were average. The last average goalkeeper we had was Forster. Since then we've had by far the worst goalkeepers in the Premier League. Niemi was probably the last one you could call above average.
[Post edited 3 Aug 8:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ramsdale on 08:26 - Aug 3 with 611 viewsPatfromPoole

Ramsdale on 08:06 - Aug 3 by dirk_doone

If only they were average. The last average goalkeeper we had was Forster. Since then we've had by far the worst goalkeepers in the Premier League. Niemi was probably the last one you could call above average.
[Post edited 3 Aug 8:11]

Forster was very good initially, but seemed to lose his confidence as time went on.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsdale on 10:09 - Aug 3 with 505 viewsdirk_doone

Ramsdale on 08:26 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

Forster was very good initially, but seemed to lose his confidence as time went on.

Yes, up until 2016, he was above average. It was said that a crisis in his personal life affected his confidence. But, there were also injuries, especially to the knee and back, which made him less agile.

This is an interesting article:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eight-greatest-celtic

Who would Saints' 8 greatest goalkeepers be?

8 years ago Forster came third behind Shilton and Niemi in a poll, although, personally, I'd have placed Flowers above him. It's hard to recall just how highly rated he was back then, because, as you say, he wasn't as good in his later years. Our current goalkeepers would be nowhere near.

[Post edited 3 Aug 10:32]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024