Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Solent Sports last night 10:10 - Jul 23 with 1377 viewsButty101

Anyone have a listen? They had the Bournemouth owner in there. He’s comes across very well, knows the club has limitations and they have plans to try and improve. The thing that stood out the most, was that they own multiple clubs, but the end game is to provide Bournemouth with players. Compare that to our owners who seem to be using us to build up their Turkish club. If you haven’t seen we are about to sign 2 Brazilians who are then off to Turkey.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Radio Solent Sports last night on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 1267 viewskingslandstand1

I saw that about the Brazilian's. 5 year contract but first 2 in Turkey
Surely SR realise they can make more money from the Prem?
Radio Solent Sports last night on 11:53 - Jul 23 with 1232 viewsPatfromPoole

It pains me that Boscombe are so well-run.

Spending quite a bit on their training ground now as well.

They probably won’t expand the stadium, but then there is little point.

As with Brentford, they are punching 2 or 3 Leagues above their weight.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Radio Solent Sports last night on 12:30 - Jul 23 with 1174 viewsButty101

Radio Solent Sports last night on 11:31 - Jul 23 by kingslandstand1

I saw that about the Brazilian's. 5 year contract but first 2 in Turkey
Surely SR realise they can make more money from the Prem?

A Turkish league that Tall Paul rips up, yet he’s not good enough for us!

Radio Solent Sports last night on 12:51 - Jul 23 with 1122 viewsSaintNick

So lets put this into perspective. we are supposedly signing two Braziians who are 22/23 years old, both are out of contract in January at the end of the Brazilian season and will join on a free transfer.

They are clearly not yet up to Premier League standard and in Turkey will be able to toughen themselves up to the level required, if they get there earlier than we expected then we can recall them from the loan.

This is a better development path than just playing them in the academy side.

The end game is to provide Southampton FC with players, I can't see that this will be much different from the Bournemouth owners strategy,

From a cost perspective Goztepe will be paying their wages, so it is not affecting our wage bill

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Radio Solent Sports last night on 13:01 - Jul 23 with 1098 viewssaint901

The use of feeder clubs is also a way of managing FFP. I'm going to guess that the rules as applied in the UK and the PL are a lot stricter or better enforced than they are in other places and putting players out to another European club is a good way to keep them off the books. It's also good to see the owners have a plan beyond surviving the first season in the PL.

And who knows, by the time they are ready, our owners may have moved on.

I have some connection at Bournemouth and agree that they are well run. I see their owner has also said that he does not see PL games being played outside the UK. Here I think he is wrong. In my view just a question of time before we see (for example) City v Liverpool or Arsenal v Spurs being played in the present money powerhouses of Saudi and the gulf states. Would not be a surprise to see FA cup games similarly exported.
Radio Solent Sports last night on 13:02 - Jul 23 with 1099 viewsA1079

I heard that interview as well Butty and though talk can be cheap he came across with gravitas and a sense of realism, a plan and pragmatic ambition to advance year on year. I also felt his focus was on getting Bournemouth to succeed rather than just being a club he happens to be a chairman of. He is also clearly selling their potential abroad. I think Brighton have a similar approach - both clubs have developed since promotion.

I don't have the same feeling with our owners but equally I am still willing to give them a chance. We regressed year on year since the Koeman era but hopefully the promotion (albeit through the play-offs) is a step towards a year on year improvement but my concern is that SFC is not their primary focus. Time will tell.
Radio Solent Sports last night on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 1026 viewsfranniesTache

Radio Solent Sports last night on 11:53 - Jul 23 by PatfromPoole

It pains me that Boscombe are so well-run.

Spending quite a bit on their training ground now as well.

They probably won’t expand the stadium, but then there is little point.

As with Brentford, they are punching 2 or 3 Leagues above their weight.

Why does it pain you? They're a decent community club and it's good to see them do well.

Would much rather they did well than one of the money clubs to be honest
Radio Solent Sports last night on 14:46 - Jul 23 with 970 viewsPatfromPoole

Radio Solent Sports last night on 13:42 - Jul 23 by franniesTache

Why does it pain you? They're a decent community club and it's good to see them do well.

Would much rather they did well than one of the money clubs to be honest

I don't like them, for fairly obvious reasons given where I live.

They cheated their way into the Prem the first time round, spending far more than they were allowed to.

I don't like small clubs doing better than us, it just highlights our shortcomings.

I took no pleasure from Wigan, Leicester and (obviously) Portsmouth winning major trophies over the last 15 years.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Solent Sports last night on 14:52 - Jul 23 with 955 viewsfranniesTache

Radio Solent Sports last night on 14:46 - Jul 23 by PatfromPoole

I don't like them, for fairly obvious reasons given where I live.

They cheated their way into the Prem the first time round, spending far more than they were allowed to.

I don't like small clubs doing better than us, it just highlights our shortcomings.

I took no pleasure from Wigan, Leicester and (obviously) Portsmouth winning major trophies over the last 15 years.

They're a decent local club, never pulled up many trees but it's good to see them doing well.

Can't say i have anything other than generally positive feeling for bournemouth, nice town (maybe a bit dull), cracking beach, done well as a club given their size.
Radio Solent Sports last night on 15:59 - Jul 23 with 893 viewsButty101

Radio Solent Sports last night on 12:51 - Jul 23 by SaintNick

So lets put this into perspective. we are supposedly signing two Braziians who are 22/23 years old, both are out of contract in January at the end of the Brazilian season and will join on a free transfer.

They are clearly not yet up to Premier League standard and in Turkey will be able to toughen themselves up to the level required, if they get there earlier than we expected then we can recall them from the loan.

This is a better development path than just playing them in the academy side.

The end game is to provide Southampton FC with players, I can't see that this will be much different from the Bournemouth owners strategy,

From a cost perspective Goztepe will be paying their wages, so it is not affecting our wage bill

I think you have missed the points of the post.

Ours owners haven’t come out and said they are buying other clubs to feed Saints. Actually I read that the Turkish club was the biggest club in the eyes of the owner- that might have been on here?? So far it’s been Saints doing the feeding. Bournemouth aren’t buying players then loaning them out. The other clubs buy players with a path way to the premiership.

I would imagine the Brazilian league is tougher than Turkey’s. As I said Tall Paul has been ripping it and yet dosent count because it’s only a minor league.

Radio Solent Sports last night on 18:52 - Jul 23 with 735 viewskernow

Got no problem with « small clubs » being successful.
Radio Solent Sports last night on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 529 viewsSaintNick

Radio Solent Sports last night on 15:59 - Jul 23 by Butty101

I think you have missed the points of the post.

Ours owners haven’t come out and said they are buying other clubs to feed Saints. Actually I read that the Turkish club was the biggest club in the eyes of the owner- that might have been on here?? So far it’s been Saints doing the feeding. Bournemouth aren’t buying players then loaning them out. The other clubs buy players with a path way to the premiership.

I would imagine the Brazilian league is tougher than Turkey’s. As I said Tall Paul has been ripping it and yet dosent count because it’s only a minor league.

Lets be honest with most of the clubs who are part of a group or have a link, dont use their other clubs to feed players to them, they use them to loan players out to, ie Broja was loaned to vitesse arnhem before joining us.

It is about using the secondary club to toughen up players to see if they are up to the standards here.

So far Saints have loaned one player to Goztepe in Lis last season and there are plans to loan out the two brazilians, it is clear who is the prominent club in the Sport republic roster, despite what one of the owners said.

Too many on here take what is said in the media literally, the Turkish league is not big business for Sport republic, the premier League is, we are the ones doing the using in terms of testing players out, not a feeder club

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024