Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 12:55 - Jan 19 with 29986 viewsaston_hoop

What the hell is this all about? stick it on google translate

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20240119_93571823

Antwerp prosecutor demands two years in prison for star footballer Ilias Chair after fight: “Small man's skull with a large stone”
Ilias Chair, midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison
Ilias Chair, midfielder of the English club Queens Park Rangers, risks two years in prison — © Offside via Getty Images

ANTWERP -The Antwerp prosecutor has demanded a two-year prison sentence against football international Ilias Chair (26), midfielder for the English club Queens Park Rangers, for involvement in a serious fight in the summer of 2020. “He smashed his victim in the skull with a large stone. ”
Joris van der Aa
Today at 10:54
The facts took place in the summer of 2020, after a kayaking trip that started in the Ardennes and ended in Bazeilles, France. After a long journey, a family from East Flanders arrived at the end of the journey. There were buses ready to take the tired and hungry tourists back to the starting point of the tour.

“While waiting to board the bus, the victims were suddenly passed by a lady in a green bikini and her family. They passed the group and, as it were, demanded to be the first to get on the bus because they had just missed another bus," the prosecutor said. “This led to a discussion with other people who were waiting, including the later victims, Niels T., his sister Eline T. and Dries D. The woman in the green bikini behaved very aggressively and things quickly escalated. the hand. The woman lashed out at the victims and their children. There was hitting, scratching and biting.”

Massive brawl
The organization of the kayak trips failed to calm the mood. A massive brawl broke out, which suddenly escalated when a man grabbed a large stone. That man was later identified by the French police as Ilias Chair (26) from Edegem, midfielder of the English football club Queens Park Rangers and one of the stars of the Moroccan national football team.

“According to several people involved, Ilias Chair lashed out with the stone at Niels T., who immediately lost consciousness,” said the public prosecutor. “The consequences for Niels T. were dramatic. He suffered a serious skull fracture of two centimeters. He was admitted to Reims hospital in critical condition. He would then have to recover in a Belgian hospital for a long time. He was unable to work as a truck driver for a long time and to this day he still experiences the consequences of that blow, which almost killed him.”
[Post edited 19 Jan 12:57]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ilias Chair on 18:34 - Jul 17 with 2459 viewsE15Hoop

Ilias Chair on 10:39 - Jul 17 by thehat

Sounds to me like Chair has got a shit hot lawyer who despite Chair being guilty has pulled of the best deal he can get for him.

I wonder if there has been some compensation paid in the background for the victim?

Anyway I would presume the community service could take place next summer in the close season or during International breaks.

The club statement is short and sweet and probably paying a bit of lip service to the EFL and FA.

Hopefully this is now the end of the matter and we can all move on......

I don't read it as lip service at all, and I strongly suspect that both Nourry and Hoos were fully apoplectic when this came to light.

Not a good luck for a club that is really working overtime to get its house in order and show itself as a model for how to move forwards progressively, especially given the high profile of its star player.

Whatever the sternest disciplinary measure they have stopping short of ripping up his contract is what I expect them to have metered out to him, and I would expect him to take it in good grace and be thankful that he's till earning a decent living here.
Ilias Chair on 18:37 - Jul 17 with 2424 viewsStanisgod

Cue offers flooding in as I think other clubs have been waiting for the outcome of this.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ilias Chair on 18:46 - Jul 17 with 2363 viewsbosh67

Ilias Chair on 18:37 - Jul 17 by Stanisgod

Cue offers flooding in as I think other clubs have been waiting for the outcome of this.

You'd hope that with his best mate gone and absolutely the main man here and with the fact that he is now our Mr QPR that he will pledge alliance to the cause and push on here. However, if Armstrong is worth £2.5m then Ilias must be worth £10m at the least.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ilias Chair on 18:49 - Jul 17 with 2344 viewssimmo

Ilias Chair on 18:15 - Jul 17 by QPR_Jim

I think fans and the club are giving him the benefit of the doubt because it seems out of character for him. He was on holiday with his family in France, so not the usual footballer incidents where they're drunk and misbehaving out on the town. I think that has a bearing, not just that he's a good player.

I think I'm consoling myself with this view, as it seems so out of character and we know he's not the kind of person/player to be away drinking, on lads trips or giving it large anywhere - he spends the off season with his family and that's who he was with at the time.

That said, I do lean a little into Robith's POV... People are right to say we were not there, and the mitigating circumstances might not be clear, but he was found guilty of smashing a rock into another mans head and fracturing his skull, a working man, also there with his family by all accounts. Maybe in time there will be detail included that show self defence or protection of his family, but that didn't seem to reflect in the initial court decision or this most recent result.

I'm not getting the pitchforks out, but I can't say my view of him isn't a little tainted by the whole incident.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ilias Chair on 19:01 - Jul 17 with 2249 viewsChrisNW6

Ilias Chair on 18:49 - Jul 17 by simmo

I think I'm consoling myself with this view, as it seems so out of character and we know he's not the kind of person/player to be away drinking, on lads trips or giving it large anywhere - he spends the off season with his family and that's who he was with at the time.

That said, I do lean a little into Robith's POV... People are right to say we were not there, and the mitigating circumstances might not be clear, but he was found guilty of smashing a rock into another mans head and fracturing his skull, a working man, also there with his family by all accounts. Maybe in time there will be detail included that show self defence or protection of his family, but that didn't seem to reflect in the initial court decision or this most recent result.

I'm not getting the pitchforks out, but I can't say my view of him isn't a little tainted by the whole incident.

I think we should avoid using words such as Rock, Smashing, Skull, I even saw a Brick posted elsewhere.

The press have sensationalised the story.

Throwing a stone at someone, just doesn't grab the headlines as much. We also haven't seen medical records and have no idea of the level of damage inflicted by the projectile object.
Ilias Chair on 20:15 - Jul 17 with 2070 viewsLazyFan

Now that this is out of the way, it's possible clubs could tap him up.
Now, clubs will know he's in the clear ... well enough to sign him.

A bit of transfer skullduggery could happen ... I'll get my coat.

zzzzzzzzzz

Ilias Chair on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 2064 viewsGus_iom

We've all made mistakes, we take our punishment and move on. Some move on by riding on a high horse, hey ho.
Ilias, glad it's behind you, must have been a weight on your mind, look forward to seeing you tearing into the opposition next season.
Ilias Chair on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 1822 viewsLblock

I’m surprised he even got Community hours

I’d heard his defence was rock solid

(Coat…..?)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 22:42 - Jul 17 with 1777 viewsDavieQPR

If someone threw Mick Jagger at my head I wouldn't be too happy either. Still Ilias doesn't live in a glasshouse does he?
Ilias Chair on 22:59 - Jul 17 with 1737 viewsLblock

Ilias Chair on 17:05 - Jul 17 by robith

Except self defence is a mitigating factor, and not one he has proffered at any point.

If he didn't play for QPR we'd have zero sympathy for him, but apparently I have to have been an eye witness to have an opinion.

Personally it makes me think a lot less of him, and the club for picking him and find it a bit gross how desperate every one seems to be to defend him cos he's good at football

He’s clearly said from the start he was defending his family

IF that is the case then I’m not going to defend him, I’m actually going to praise him.
Should some lairy truck driver start getting aggressive with my family and I feel they’re under threat then gloves are off and it’s bar room rules as far as I’m concerned. I appreciate that won’t hold with the pacifists and shrinking violets on here but that’s today’s world.

It may well be this is a case of wedged up footballer giving it large and attacking some fella at random or due to some self entitled reason…… but, come on, when has Chairs demeanour EVER come across like that in his time with us? I’ve never met him but my remote opinion is he’s a decent guy with good family morals.

I stand with Yass….. the only way is up (sort of)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ilias Chair on 09:47 - Jul 18 with 1485 viewsterryb

Ilias Chair on 18:49 - Jul 17 by simmo

I think you've described my views here simmo. I would also include pleading guilty (eventually) as mitigation. However, I struggle to understand how he could accept the advce from his previous lawyer of "deny & it will all go away" without question.

Perhaps this case will make us stop & think before blindly condemning other players who have been arrested for various offences. Before the name Barton is thrown back at me, I do not include THAT MAN in this statement, but that is simply because I despise him more than any other footballer (past or present)!
Ilias Chair on 13:47 - Jul 18 with 1261 viewssimmo

Ilias Chair on 19:01 - Jul 17 by ChrisNW6

I think we should avoid using words such as Rock, Smashing, Skull, I even saw a Brick posted elsewhere.

The press have sensationalised the story.

Throwing a stone at someone, just doesn't grab the headlines as much. We also haven't seen medical records and have no idea of the level of damage inflicted by the projectile object.

The wording comment is absolutely fair, but if we're considering sensationalism, let's also not downplay it to the point that we ignore what has been consistently reported.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ilias Chair on 14:15 - Jul 18 with 1157 viewsChrisNW6

Ilias Chair on 13:47 - Jul 18 by simmo

The wording comment is absolutely fair, but if we're considering sensationalism, let's also not downplay it to the point that we ignore what has been consistently reported.

No problem and understood.

I'm wondering if the French police who actually attended the incident also downplayed it. As they just took names and noted the incident. Surprising if someone had smashed a rock over someone's head which resulted in the victim being in a critical condition in hospital. I wonder why it wasn't taken more seriously in the first place, if that is what happened. The victim should also be suing the French police.

Reading between the lines, I have obviously formed an opinion on the severity of what happened.
Ilias Chair on 14:34 - Jul 18 with 1093 viewsnumptydumpty

If Chair was a player at Chelsea our fans would be advocating and minimum season long ban.

I doubt our club will do anything at all which is poor tbh.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ilias Chair on 14:51 - Jul 18 with 1009 viewsGaryT

"I would also include pleading guilty (eventually) as mitigation."

This rings a loud bell with me as pleading guilty/not guilty is not always as straight forward as you might think. Going back a few decades a dodgy accountant had ran off with my company accounts and was refusing to return them. I was getting threatening letters from the Inland Revenue and imprisonment was on the table for not producing company accounts so with the help of the police I was able to find him and tried to retrieve them myself. This was a crime (nobody was hurt) but I was charged with an offence that my lawyer said was "too harsh" and did not represent the crime I had committed. He told me to plead not guilty to the offence and it would all come out in the wash.

A year passes with a couple of low level court appearances and each time I say "not guilty", it gets passed up the line until I'm in Crown court. Waiting to go in, a new lawyer appears and says my usual guy can't make it (no idea why) and after taking a brief look at the case says , "it's probably best you just plead guilty as you don't really want to face a jury with a he said/she said defence".

I said "OK, I've just been following the advice I'd been given" so agreed to plead guilty. In the courtroom I heard the judge announce the new pleading and under his breath say "and about time too". At no time was I able to say a word, I was in the hands of my lawyers so was never able to say "But I didn't commit the crime I have been charged with, I've been waiting to say I want to plead guilty to the actual/lesser charge but I haven't had that opportunity", but that never happened as I was young and naïve and didn't know how the system worked.

So yeah, a new lawyer and a change of pleading can happen for a number of reasons but until we see the definitive version of events (has there ever been any court transcripts?), it's impossible to say if he's been a very lucky boy or just had bad representation.
Ilias Chair on 17:32 - Jul 18 with 893 viewsPunteR

Ilias Chair on 14:34 - Jul 18 by numptydumpty

If Chair was a player at Chelsea our fans would be advocating and minimum season long ban.

Didnt mean to up vote or down vote.

Just agreeing with you that if Chair had been Chelsea then jail time would seem totally appropriate just for being Chelsea. Throw away the key, he's definitely a wrong un. lol

I think our club is doing something as they made a statement to say they would be taking disciplinary action.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ilias Chair on 17:56 - Jul 18 with 819 viewsPeterHucker

Ilias Chair on 17:32 - Jul 18 by PunteR

Didnt mean to up vote or down vote.

Just agreeing with you that if Chair had been Chelsea then jail time would seem totally appropriate just for being Chelsea. Throw away the key, he's definitely a wrong un. lol

I think our club is doing something as they made a statement to say they would be taking disciplinary action.

If it was a Chelsea player I'd definitely be calling for jail time.
Even if the Chelsea player hadn't done anything.
Especially if he hadn't done anything in fact, that'd make it even funnier.
Lock up all the Chelsea players I say.
And I tell you what, I'd pull the bloody lever myself and all.
Ilias Chair on 18:57 - Jul 18 with 639 viewsGus_iom

Ilias Chair on 14:34 - Jul 18 by numptydumpty

Ahem.
Football fans are supposed to be biased.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024