Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
matchday thread 14:05 - Oct 29 with 4959 viewssaint22

Lyanco taking out Zaha
KWP out injured I presume
Nice that Stuey starts
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 14:05]
matchday thread on 17:00 - Oct 29 with 1593 viewsobelisk

How many points has Adams' misses cost us this season so far?
matchday thread on 17:00 - Oct 29 with 1589 viewsgrumpy

I dont think Ralph has much idea regarding team selection,Tactics and Subs.
matchday thread on 17:05 - Oct 29 with 1546 viewssaint22

matchday thread on 17:00 - Oct 29 by grumpy

he has to go
another tepid 1 nil defeat
and listless 1st half
matchday thread on 17:16 - Oct 29 with 1506 viewskingslandstand1

matchday thread on 16:59 - Oct 29 by inthebox

Well it's not news, Che is simply not good enough, it must be very frustrating offering him such good chances just to smack it into the goalie.

And he's our best striker
matchday thread on 17:20 - Oct 29 with 1495 viewsgrumpy

matchday thread on 17:16 - Oct 29 by kingslandstand1

And he's our best striker

isn't he our only one?

Whats happened to JWP no goals and rarely an assist?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 17:21]
matchday thread on 17:23 - Oct 29 with 1468 viewskingslandstand1

matchday thread on 17:20 - Oct 29 by grumpy

isn't he our only one?

Whats happened to JWP no goals and rarely an assist?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 17:21]

Officilly Armstrong (A) was brought in to scoree as he did with Blackburn!

Not sure what went wrong there then ....................
matchday thread on 17:25 - Oct 29 with 1464 viewspjt50

matchday thread on 17:00 - Oct 29 by grumpy

I don't think too many people were critical of the team selection before the start. I'm sure it wasn't in the pre-match instructions to pass to the opposition or get caught on the ball. The substitution we needed to make was to bring on a top quality striker. Unfortunately we haven't got one.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

matchday thread on 17:30 - Oct 29 with 1438 viewsRon11

matchday thread on 17:25 - Oct 29 by pjt50

I don't think too many people were critical of the team selection before the start. I'm sure it wasn't in the pre-match instructions to pass to the opposition or get caught on the ball. The substitution we needed to make was to bring on a top quality striker. Unfortunately we haven't got one.

If you want to get caught on the ball, you play out slow from the back, and play Diallo.
Login to get fewer ads

matchday thread on 17:49 - Oct 29 with 1392 viewsTimSaint

Awful 1st half display. We just invited Palace to attack and had to fall behind before starting to actually play.

2nd half was better and we create some decent chances, but unfortunately it was another Adams horror show in front of goal.
We played well in places, but ultimately don't have the quality for this level. We also don't have the urgency. We are too content to pass it sideways and backwards, even when losing. I was screaming for them to get it forward. I wanted us to equalise and go on to win it, but they didn't have the same mind set.

Frustrating at best and annoyed with our championship strike force for ensuring we came away with nothing today.

Today was our chance to get some much needed points before the World Cup and keep us out of the bottom 3. Now we have to do it against Newcastle and Liverpool FFS !!

TimSaint

matchday thread on 18:01 - Oct 29 with 1354 viewskingslandstand1

matchday thread on 17:30 - Oct 29 by Ron11

If you want to get caught on the ball, you play out slow from the back, and play Diallo.

Well that worked!
matchday thread on 18:03 - Oct 29 with 1348 viewsSonicBoom

A few more points chucked onto the pile that Adams costs us because he cant finish simple chances.
matchday thread on 18:11 - Oct 29 with 1332 viewsRon11

matchday thread on 17:49 - Oct 29 by TimSaint

Awful 1st half display. We just invited Palace to attack and had to fall behind before starting to actually play.

2nd half was better and we create some decent chances, but unfortunately it was another Adams horror show in front of goal.
We played well in places, but ultimately don't have the quality for this level. We also don't have the urgency. We are too content to pass it sideways and backwards, even when losing. I was screaming for them to get it forward. I wanted us to equalise and go on to win it, but they didn't have the same mind set.

Frustrating at best and annoyed with our championship strike force for ensuring we came away with nothing today.

Today was our chance to get some much needed points before the World Cup and keep us out of the bottom 3. Now we have to do it against Newcastle and Liverpool FFS !!

The question is, why are they still passing it sideways and backwards, even when a goal down? Is it the player's mind set or one instilled in them by the management?
They do have the quality for this level, they showed that after changes were made against Arsenal.
It's the inconsistency with tactics and team selection that's causing problems. If there's a player that doesn't have the quality for this level, it's Diallo, and yet he started yet again even after after recent poor performances only to be pulled at half time after the winning goal had already been conceded. As with Villa, Wolves and Everton more points being needlessly thrown away.
matchday thread on 20:01 - Oct 29 with 1177 viewsBerber

matchday thread on 18:11 - Oct 29 by Ron11

The question is, why are they still passing it sideways and backwards, even when a goal down? Is it the player's mind set or one instilled in them by the management?
They do have the quality for this level, they showed that after changes were made against Arsenal.
It's the inconsistency with tactics and team selection that's causing problems. If there's a player that doesn't have the quality for this level, it's Diallo, and yet he started yet again even after after recent poor performances only to be pulled at half time after the winning goal had already been conceded. As with Villa, Wolves and Everton more points being needlessly thrown away.

Team selection was basically the 11 that did so well second half against Arsenal, so what is wrong with the selection? I’ll give you that Diallo was an accident waiting to happen and he should have been hooked after 25 mins. The defence is basically a good selection for what we have available in the squad. JWP is sub par, so we were basically gifting them the midfield, but I don’t see how we could have done that better in the first half.

I don’t think it is tactics, it is attitude. We haven’t been playing a decent 90 mins for several seasons bar a few notable exceptions. It doesn’t help that our best striker is mostly average, and like today, embarrassingly sub standard. The lack of a decent striker isn’t RHS fault, it was one of his top priorities for the summer.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

matchday thread on 20:05 - Oct 29 with 1164 viewsgrumpy

matchday thread on 20:01 - Oct 29 by Berber

Team selection was basically the 11 that did so well second half against Arsenal, so what is wrong with the selection? I’ll give you that Diallo was an accident waiting to happen and he should have been hooked after 25 mins. The defence is basically a good selection for what we have available in the squad. JWP is sub par, so we were basically gifting them the midfield, but I don’t see how we could have done that better in the first half.

I don’t think it is tactics, it is attitude. We haven’t been playing a decent 90 mins for several seasons bar a few notable exceptions. It doesn’t help that our best striker is mostly average, and like today, embarrassingly sub standard. The lack of a decent striker isn’t RHS fault, it was one of his top priorities for the summer.

'The lack of a decent striker isn’t RHS fault, it was one of his top priorities for the summer'
Why in that case did we just priority the one that got away?
matchday thread on 20:06 - Oct 29 with 1164 viewsButty101

Leeds might be below us, but i would rather play with their purpose and vigor. Really good going forward

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

matchday thread on 20:39 - Oct 29 with 1109 viewsSouthamptonfan

matchday thread on 20:05 - Oct 29 by grumpy

'The lack of a decent striker isn’t RHS fault, it was one of his top priorities for the summer'

The club should have saved the 10 million wasted on Mara and the money wasted on Edozi etc and spent f@cking 40 million on Gakpo. Adams as usual missed about 5 easy chances. Put a decent striker in that team and we get a result today. We don't have a match winner, we sold them all. Is that Ralph's fault? The point is, the club shouldn't get away Scot free. They should have provided Ralph with a decent striker in the summer. We didn't need new midfielders and 18 year old left backs. We needed a f@cking striker!!!

Poll: Who are you voting for?

matchday thread on 21:53 - Oct 29 with 1025 viewsdirk_doone

matchday thread on 20:39 - Oct 29 by Southamptonfan

The club should have saved the 10 million wasted on Mara and the money wasted on Edozi etc and spent f@cking 40 million on Gakpo. Adams as usual missed about 5 easy chances. Put a decent striker in that team and we get a result today. We don't have a match winner, we sold them all. Is that Ralph's fault? The point is, the club shouldn't get away Scot free. They should have provided Ralph with a decent striker in the summer. We didn't need new midfielders and 18 year old left backs. We needed a f@cking striker!!!

I agree that we should have bought a proper striker in the summer but the truth is, Gakpo didn't want to come here. He said that he was only interested in a move to Man United.

An experienced striker coming towards the end of his career - the sort that McMenemy would have signed - is what we need now and could realistically get. Arnautovic would be a good signing for us in January. He'd score the goals to keep us up this season. In the summer we can then consider the riskier longer term options of young strikers who may or may not come good and, hopefully, one of our youngsters will come good in the next year or two.

But, as a more knowledgable poster than I am, Pat from Poole, pointed out some time ago, it is very rare indeed for a youngster to score many goals in the Premier League. Broja was about as good as it gets.

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 22:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

matchday thread on 23:45 - Oct 29 with 889 viewsStAnt

It really is that simple and obvious except Ralph can't see it.
matchday thread on 23:55 - Oct 29 with 883 viewsRon11

matchday thread on 20:06 - Oct 29 by Butty101

Leeds might be below us, but i would rather play with their purpose and vigor. Really good going forward

A win at Liverpool today for Leeds, with some lovely to watch football.
matchday thread on 00:59 - Oct 30 with 855 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

matchday thread on 20:39 - Oct 29 by Southamptonfan

Gakpo is a winger tho isnt he ? Would he have got into the central position that Ché McAdams did ? He was one of the best players the other week (at least thats what the commentator over here was saying) but he lacked composure big time in this match.. Striker with composure and a good first touch is definitely needed .. sorry to say that yer man Ramos from Benfica scored again tonight .. thats 6 for the season so far ..
matchday thread on 06:34 - Oct 30 with 794 viewsBerber

matchday thread on 20:05 - Oct 29 by grumpy

You would have to ask Semmens and the Sporting Director that. Not RHS brief.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

matchday thread on 10:55 - Oct 30 with 661 viewsRon11

matchday thread on 00:59 - Oct 30 by Springhill_old_boy

Gakpo is a winger tho isnt he ? Would he have got into the central position that Ché McAdams did ? He was one of the best players the other week (at least thats what the commentator over here was saying) but he lacked composure big time in this match.. Striker with composure and a good first touch is definitely needed .. sorry to say that yer man Ramos from Benfica scored again tonight .. thats 6 for the season so far ..

Stuart Armstrong's goal against Arsenal was full of composure and perfectly placed, not blasted straight at the keeper. And before anyone says he's a midfielder, so what? I'm sure he could do a job up front, at least until they get another striker in.
Half the time Hassenhutl has been starting him on the bench.
matchday thread on 11:07 - Oct 30 with 654 viewsgrumpy

matchday thread on 06:34 - Oct 30 by Berber

You would have to ask Semmens and the Sporting Director that. Not RHS brief.

I'm saying that we shouldn't have put all our eggs in one basket and should have had others on our radar.
We failed in that respect and are paying the price,shame because when all are fit our defence looks sound.
matchday thread on 11:46 - Oct 30 with 634 viewssaint22

matchday thread on 11:07 - Oct 30 by grumpy

I'm saying that we shouldn't have put all our eggs in one basket and should have had others on our radar.
We failed in that respect and are paying the price,shame because when all are fit our defence looks sound.

good strikers cost a fortune and i just dont see our club paying what's needed BUT it will cost a lot more if they dont

There are plenty in europe who could do a job and get us goals, what are our scouts doing??

weren't we after Dembele? Morelos at Rangers? Kownacki at Dusseldorf?
matchday thread on 11:57 - Oct 30 with 623 viewsCity_boy

I agree we need a top striker, but many of the games I have seen this year, the strikers have been starved of decent service.

As for the sideways/back passing. JWP is culpable in this area. Time to give him a rest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024