Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dillon Barnes 20:00 - Dec 23 with 13225 viewskarl

Came on as sub for injured Hibs keeper 60 mins into tonight's game.
Saved a 25 yarder comfortably down low and generally handled well, 1-0 when he came on and was a nervy affair for spelks since Hibs conceded a lucky last minute equaliser on Saturday, St Mirren pumped a few long balls in and 94th min Barnes wasn't convincing punching away a cross on the 6 yard line centre of goal, bounced about a bit and cleared.
Held on for his clean sheet and big 3 pts for Hibs.
They think it's a muscle injury for regular No. 1 Marciano so he's almost definitely out for the boxing day game v Rangers so might interest a few to watch that one.
He looks comfortable and confident doing well in the early stages of the League Cup but this is a step up now, hopefully does well against the Huns as he'll definitely be under pressure, big test for him
Dillon Barnes on 11:37 - Jan 5 with 1642 viewsDannyPaddox

Now an exciting board game!

2401 permutations!
Dillon Barnes on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 1634 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dillon Barnes on 10:05 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Is Dieng's distribution up to the high standard needed for Bielsa's style of football?

Not a clue, but I’m sure his arse cheeks are up to scratch in terms of keeping the bench warm!
Dillon Barnes on 11:44 - Jan 5 with 1611 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dillon Barnes on 00:01 - Jan 5 by aston_hoop

BOS got a private jet when he went to Bruges - get yourself a new agent Liam!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 0:04]

So did Emiliano Sala and that didn't end well at all. R.I.P.

The grass is always greener.

Dillon Barnes on 21:08 - Jan 5 with 1475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dillon Barnes on 10:10 - Jan 5 by bakerloo8

You mean former Grasshopers midfielder Seny Diengs distribution? 🤣

Fair point!

I genuinely don't know the answer as we're playing far more direct ball from the keeper these days. Dieng isn't being asked to do the same amount of short passing as Lumley and Kelly were before him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dillon Barnes on 11:16 - Jan 6 with 1318 viewsfrancisbowles

Dillon Barnes on 21:08 - Jan 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point!

I genuinely don't know the answer as we're playing far more direct ball from the keeper these days. Dieng isn't being asked to do the same amount of short passing as Lumley and Kelly were before him.

Not sure how much of it is our preferred choice though, Brian. I think more teams are trying to play out from the back and consequently, more teams are trying to stop them doing so.
I also think Dieng's risk assessment is at a safer level than the others. Due to all of this, I believe, we are going longer more often. I think this has evolved over the end of last season and into this one with having a big man up front, (Hugill and now Dykes/Bonn) makes the tactic more effective than when they were missing.

I think his, Dieng's distribution is pretty steady whether we go long or short.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024