Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final week of the transfer window thread 12:34 - Aug 26 with 5674 viewsadhoc_qpr

What do we expect to happen this week then?

Outbound:

Looks like Remy could well be poached at the last as most have feared/predicted - Arsenal looking most likely given Giroud's injury and Wenger's thriftiness.
No sign of Adel going anywhere permanently - i reckon another loan deal back to Milan late doors.

Inbound links:

A left back in Jack Robinson potentially arriving, despite playing a formation without full backs
A midfielder in Andy King linked, who is pretty much an inferior version of Jordon Mutch IMO

Predictions:

With no sign of any proven strikers signing, i expect we'll be using our 2 prem loans on deadline day for sure
'Arry will give at least one interview out of his car window (obviously)
We'll sign at least 2 more players - whether they are the right positions or players though is dubious.

I'll be glad when the window close though, so we can get on with the business of relegation battling unencumbered!

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:37 - Aug 26 with 4340 viewsWeaverQPR

Diarra in, Jack Robbo in and id try for a forward in case Remy does one at 23.59hrs

@WeavQPR

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:39 - Aug 26 with 4320 viewsadhoc_qpr

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:37 - Aug 26 by WeaverQPR

Diarra in, Jack Robbo in and id try for a forward in case Remy does one at 23.59hrs

Didn't Diarra manage to get himself sacked from his Russian club? Deffo the fabled 'right sort' there...
Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:40 - Aug 26 with 4309 viewstoboboly

Mark Fotheringham released by Fulham and signed on a free, breaks Messi's annual goals record, Konk is distraught and ends up following Hampton & Richmond Borough home and away for the next 50 years muttering about Big Dan Burn under his breath until he is wheeled away to a mental asylum.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:41 - Aug 26 with 4303 viewsblacky200

After the Spurs game HR will probably try signing another 11 players.

I think 3 max. A goalkeeper, a striker and poss attacking midfielder/striker
Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:43 - Aug 26 with 4282 viewsimustbemad

Perhaps a Goalie. Why do we need more players?

Fear TF/HR won't be able to help themselves.
Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:43 - Aug 26 with 4281 viewsTacticalR

Steve Black is looking after our kaizen, Hoddle is looking after our karma, Barton has got Nietzscheanism coverered, so I think we just need to bring in a French rationalist philosopher and a Daoist monk.

Air hostess clique

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:45 - Aug 26 with 4269 viewsWeaverQPR

Kranjcar could still rock up

@WeavQPR

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:49 - Aug 26 with 4247 viewsPinnerPaul

Isn't this Harry loves a player, Spurs have a massive squad, Arsenal don't sign enough players all b***x?

We all end up with 25 in the end (give or take a few youngsters) don't we?

Then after that's announced people then drive Clive mad by asking if we are allowed any "special" or "foreign" loans after the deadline!
Login to get fewer ads

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:54 - Aug 26 with 4222 viewsEalingRanger

Why can't we just keep what we have and not add anyone else until January? Or is that just too sane?
Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:56 - Aug 26 with 4208 viewsisawqpratwcity

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:43 - Aug 26 by TacticalR

Steve Black is looking after our kaizen, Hoddle is looking after our karma, Barton has got Nietzscheanism coverered, so I think we just need to bring in a French rationalist philosopher and a Daoist monk.

shame we always lose 'so-many-to-nihilist'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:58 - Aug 26 with 4194 viewsadhoc_qpr

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:54 - Aug 26 by EalingRanger

Why can't we just keep what we have and not add anyone else until January? Or is that just too sane?

I do think we are still short upfront (as Sunday showed), if Remy goes we are critically short.

Plus a serious injury to Green would see a serious downturn in quality at goalkeeper, which could be crucial.
Final week of the transfer window thread on 13:19 - Aug 26 with 4113 viewsLewes_r

someone that can hit the ball on target ..even right down the keepers throat would be a start i suppose..

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Final week of the transfer window thread on 13:51 - Aug 26 with 4015 viewsJuzzie

Final week of the transfer window thread on 13:19 - Aug 26 by Lewes_r

someone that can hit the ball on target ..even right down the keepers throat would be a start i suppose..

Someone who can pass a ball 5 yards to his team-mate.
Final week of the transfer window thread on 14:23 - Aug 26 with 3944 viewsadhoc_qpr

Final week of the transfer window thread on 13:51 - Aug 26 by Juzzie

Someone who can pass a ball 5 yards to his team-mate.

I love the unrealistic expectations of our fans!

I'd settle for getting an engineer in to repair Harry's Tombola - the ball for Richard Dunne seems to keep popping out with every spin...
Final week of the transfer window thread on 15:45 - Aug 26 with 3799 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Final week of the transfer window thread on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 3794 viewsolderR

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:58 - Aug 26 by adhoc_qpr

I do think we are still short upfront (as Sunday showed), if Remy goes we are critically short.

Plus a serious injury to Green would see a serious downturn in quality at goalkeeper, which could be crucial.

The Independent today says we are"chasing Reading's £6m-rated goalkeeper Alex McCarthy
to challenge Rob Green for the No1 jersey.

Putting a world cup winning keeper on the bench didn't work so let's try paying 6 mill for a bench warmer.

Who would be that stupid.........
Final week of the transfer window thread on 15:54 - Aug 26 with 3767 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Final week of the transfer window thread on 15:45 - Aug 26 by simmo

HOLY F##K, NO!!!!!
Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:02 - Aug 26 with 3742 viewsqpr1976

So to summarise -
GK - McCarthy, Swansea refused £6m, we'll pay £3m but reading want £8m for their benchwarmer !
LB - Robinson, Liverpool £1m, presumably because Traore is due to be injured any day now and Suk young can't be trusted.
CB - Dawson, because despite stirling work late last season, Dunne can't be trusted and Onuoha is out of favour.
DM - Diame/Diarra/Coquelin - Take you pick.
AM (Playmaker) - King/Kranjcar - Because AC Milan with £16m in their sky, can now afford the extra £2m for Adel.
Winger - Zaha - Because for some reason Hoilett, Phillips & SWP are not enough wingers when we're playing a formation without wingers ?
Strikers - Sigthorsson/Ayew/Deeney/Rhodes - When Remy scarpers to the @rse.

And we though it was done & dusted last week !
Lucky we've learnt our lessons.
Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:32 - Aug 26 with 3666 viewsadhoc_qpr

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:02 - Aug 26 by qpr1976

So to summarise -
GK - McCarthy, Swansea refused £6m, we'll pay £3m but reading want £8m for their benchwarmer !
LB - Robinson, Liverpool £1m, presumably because Traore is due to be injured any day now and Suk young can't be trusted.
CB - Dawson, because despite stirling work late last season, Dunne can't be trusted and Onuoha is out of favour.
DM - Diame/Diarra/Coquelin - Take you pick.
AM (Playmaker) - King/Kranjcar - Because AC Milan with £16m in their sky, can now afford the extra £2m for Adel.
Winger - Zaha - Because for some reason Hoilett, Phillips & SWP are not enough wingers when we're playing a formation without wingers ?
Strikers - Sigthorsson/Ayew/Deeney/Rhodes - When Remy scarpers to the @rse.

And we though it was done & dusted last week !
Lucky we've learnt our lessons.

Dawson is going to Hull, so at least that means we won't be able to field a back 3 of Hill, Dawson and Dunne this season (seriously, Glaciers move faster...).

Reading are dreaming if they think McCarthy is worth more than £3m, if we pay £6m we need our heads examined.
Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:35 - Aug 26 with 3659 viewssimmo

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 3645 viewskysersosaqpr

Final week of the transfer window thread on 12:43 - Aug 26 by TacticalR

Definitely short of a Jungian mystic type - David Icke to take over transfer policy?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:44 - Aug 26 with 3632 viewssimmo

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 3628 viewssimmo

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 3626 viewssimmo

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 3628 viewsTacticalR

Final week of the transfer window thread on 16:41 - Aug 26 by kysersosaqpr

Definitely short of a Jungian mystic type - David Icke to take over transfer policy?

The ideal man. He could weed out any lizards who are trying to get into our team, and throw in a bit of goalkeeping coaching into the bargain.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024