Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
56 up 21:51 - Jul 15 with 2183 viewsloftboy

Anyone else watch this and if so when did you start watching it? I started on the 21 up in 1979, interesting to see that the little cockney kid probably did better than the ones with a so called better background.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

56 up on 22:01 - Jul 15 with 2147 viewsfacto

dont tell that twot twranger on watrbs!
56 up on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 2042 viewsHantsR

Didn't realise it was on but I actually remember the first episode 7up and discussing it with school mates.
56 up on 00:36 - Jul 16 with 1956 viewsqueensparker

I reckon it's one of the best documentaries of all time, subtle yet incredible just watching human life go by in real time.

I met the director Michael Apted who came up with the idea though work years ago when he was working on a rubbish Jennifer Lopez film in Hollywood, he's an absolute gent and should be more of a household name. Had some great stories about directing Coronation Street in the old days.
56 up on 07:01 - Jul 16 with 1881 viewsLblock

56 up on 00:36 - Jul 16 by queensparker

I reckon it's one of the best documentaries of all time, subtle yet incredible just watching human life go by in real time.

I met the director Michael Apted who came up with the idea though work years ago when he was working on a rubbish Jennifer Lopez film in Hollywood, he's an absolute gent and should be more of a household name. Had some great stories about directing Coronation Street in the old days.

Did he tell you the one about Gail Tildsley alledgedly serving up pills in the Hacineda?

I was suckered in by that urban myth for years after being told it when seeing the young 'un's from Eastenders out and about on the scene. Ian Beale, Shazza Watts and some fella called Kelvin loved getting munted. As for Daniella Westbrook in Malibu Staceys well dont get me started........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

56 up on 09:58 - Jul 16 with 1773 viewsPommyhoop

Yeah I saw that and have seen most of them since the first one.
You're right Loftboy about the little cockney kid.He realised all his dreams. Started off wanting to be a jockey ,did that and even had one race with his hero 'The Long fella'
Then he wanted to be a cabby so took the knowledge and did that. Wanted to get a villa in Spain ,did that.
Do you remember the really posh kids who were right little dicks at seven to 28.They turned out ok ( at 56 I think).

L Block add Zammo from Grange Hill to your list.Even tho he was the face of the 'Just say no' campaign,he definately did not say no!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

56 up on 10:09 - Jul 16 with 1756 viewspaulparker

56 up on 07:01 - Jul 16 by Lblock

Did he tell you the one about Gail Tildsley alledgedly serving up pills in the Hacineda?

I was suckered in by that urban myth for years after being told it when seeing the young 'un's from Eastenders out and about on the scene. Ian Beale, Shazza Watts and some fella called Kelvin loved getting munted. As for Daniella Westbrook in Malibu Staceys well dont get me started........

ha ha Malibu Staceys , jesus I forgot about that place Lblock

talking of soap stars on it, I recall coming back from a do one night with a mate and going to another party, there slumped on the sofa was a soap actress who was in eastenders and then turned up in that sh*t sitcom my family ,(she played the daughter) anyway to say she was on one would be a massive understatement ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

56 up on 10:15 - Jul 16 with 1742 viewsPommyhoop

Danniella Westbrook?/ Really??

56 up on 12:31 - Jul 16 with 1678 viewsscot1963

I've caught this series from when they were 7 - I think it was Neil (?) whose story was quite sad to watch as he grew up
Login to get fewer ads

56 up on 12:41 - Jul 16 with 1662 viewsMoonshineSteve

Wasn't 56 up on a couple of years ago? Why have you brought it up now Loft boy? I haven't missed something have I?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

56 up on 12:49 - Jul 16 with 1643 viewsHantsR

Agree with Scot - without checking, I think it was Neil who went from a super kid to a depressed loner.

On a similar tack anyone seen the film 'Boyhood' - filmed over 12 years with Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette? Saw it Sat night and found the whole 166 mins quite absorbing.
56 up on 12:53 - Jul 16 with 1635 viewsloftboy

56 up on 12:41 - Jul 16 by MoonshineSteve

Wasn't 56 up on a couple of years ago? Why have you brought it up now Loft boy? I haven't missed something have I?

Was on last night

56 up on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 1582 viewsMoonshineSteve

But a repeat from two years ago?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

56 up on 14:18 - Jul 16 with 1567 viewstooting_hoop

56 up on 13:56 - Jul 16 by MoonshineSteve

But a repeat from two years ago?

Yes, a rerun of the 2012 edition

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

56 up on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 1543 viewsloftboy

56 up on 14:18 - Jul 16 by tooting_hoop

Yes, a rerun of the 2012 edition

I didn't realise, missed it then.

56 up on 20:51 - Jul 16 with 1468 viewsPommyhoop

56 up on 12:49 - Jul 16 by HantsR

Agree with Scot - without checking, I think it was Neil who went from a super kid to a depressed loner.

On a similar tack anyone seen the film 'Boyhood' - filmed over 12 years with Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette? Saw it Sat night and found the whole 166 mins quite absorbing.

Was Neil the one who totally dropped out and lived on the moors in an old caravan?
Think he got himself together over 40 and ended up in local goverment.Proper loner tho and definately a troubled soul..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024