Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alf 08:34 - Feb 5 with 4159 viewssteofthedale

A few positive words from ALF regarding rafc in a telegraph interview.

Rochdale was a good grounding; there’s me, Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt and Glenn Murray from there scoring. Rochdale are a great little club with not a lot of money which is why I ended up leaving. They had to pay a tax bill.

“I cried when I left. I felt so at home there; the manager, Keith Hill, the staff and players were like family. The players were so close. Having played at that level has given me miles more of a grounding.”

steofthedale*

Alf on 10:19 - Feb 5 with 3446 viewsboromat

Good to hear and great publicity for the club

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Alf on 10:45 - Feb 5 with 3393 viewskirbys

Yes it was a very good read and Alf came across as someone who will never forget his roots and in particular his experiences at Spotland.
It's great to see him performing so well in the premiership. How we could do with a "sniffer" to root out a goal from nothing in today's side.
Best of luck to him.
Alf on 13:51 - Feb 5 with 3239 viewsBirchy915

Love you too Alfie

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Alf on 14:57 - Feb 5 with 3186 viewsAtThePeake

Was always a massive, massive fan of Alfie.

Tangled up in blue.

Alf on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 3059 viewswimborne_dale

Nice positive words! I wonder if we'll hear similar from others in years to come?Perhaps from players with us now or in the near future.

I'll always remember seeing score 3 against Barnet in the FA Cup to a 0-2 into a 3-2 win.

Up The Dale.
Up The Hill.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Alf on 14:04 - Feb 6 with 2829 viewsphomem

Player of the month
Alf on 15:30 - Feb 6 with 2749 viewsolympicdale

lovely words from Alfie, something tells me Holt wouldn't say the same.

Life is a game of fate.

Alf on 16:14 - Feb 6 with 2726 viewsMass_Debater

Alf on 15:30 - Feb 6 by olympicdale

What 'something'?
Login to get fewer ads

Alf on 16:48 - Feb 6 with 2699 views442Dale

Alf on 15:30 - Feb 6 by olympicdale

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/27/grant-holt-norwich-city-captain

"one of the best moves I've made"

Didn't realise ex Dale liability Peter Hampton had played a big role in his career.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Alf on 17:45 - Feb 6 with 2667 viewsklmblue

Barclay,s player of the month (shit at doin links on a ipad) and he was only on the pitch 4 85 mins last month as well and the manager got manager of the month as well

up the dale and down with a Amstel hmmm lekker

Alf on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 2654 viewsolympicdale

Alf on 16:48 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/27/grant-holt-norwich-city-captain

"one of the best moves I've made"

Didn't realise ex Dale liability Peter Hampton had played a big role in his career.

Career wise yeah it was a brilliant move as it got him noticed, but i don't think he has the same affiliation to the club as players like Alfie an Buckley obviously have, as evidence of his goal celebration when coming back with Shrewsbury at Spotland, even though it was a beaut.

Life is a game of fate.

Alf on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 2650 views442Dale

Alf on 17:58 - Feb 6 by olympicdale

Career wise yeah it was a brilliant move as it got him noticed, but i don't think he has the same affiliation to the club as players like Alfie an Buckley obviously have, as evidence of his goal celebration when coming back with Shrewsbury at Spotland, even though it was a beaut.

Rubbish.

There is nothing to suggest any of them have more or less of an affiliation to Dale. The mock outrage at his celebration made no sense at the time either. What about when he won a penalty against Carlisle, the team he supports? Did that make him less of a fan?

Still trying to remember what he did wrong by celebrating a goal.

Alf on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 2642 viewsolympicdale

Alf on 18:02 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Rubbish.

There is nothing to suggest any of them have more or less of an affiliation to Dale. The mock outrage at his celebration made no sense at the time either. What about when he won a penalty against Carlisle, the team he supports? Did that make him less of a fan?

Still trying to remember what he did wrong by celebrating a goal.

I don't seem to recall Lambert celebrating when he scored for Bristol Rovers on his return. I don't think it gave respect to the club that made him, or of the fans when Holt did that, just my opinion like.

Life is a game of fate.

Alf on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 2630 views442Dale

Alf on 18:14 - Feb 6 by olympicdale

I don't seem to recall Lambert celebrating when he scored for Bristol Rovers on his return. I don't think it gave respect to the club that made him, or of the fans when Holt did that, just my opinion like.

Lambert had left about four months previously. Holt had been gone for almost two years. The interview illustrates his respect, and if anything players will often quote influences at clubs - like Alfie did with Hill.

Anyway, not celebrating is a ridiculous recent trend.

Alf on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 2600 viewsphomem

Holt speaks very highly of his time at dale. I think a little Norwich envy here od
Alf on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 2577 viewsSalwaDale

Alf on 18:58 - Feb 6 by phomem

Holt speaks very highly of his time at dale. I think a little Norwich envy here od

Absolutely, OD in talking bollox shock.

Holt celebrated, he didn't wind us up or anything like that. He regularly tweets positive things about Rochdale. Let's not forget we were his breakthrough club so I think he will have some affinity with the club.

Take off your blinkers OD.

TBBT

Alf on 19:21 - Feb 6 with 2566 viewsColDale

the non celebration against former teams is now up there with drums and split team scarves. Daniel Sturridge showed such dignity on Sunday by not celebrating but its okay to dive to try and win a penalty?

If a player chooses not to do so, then fair enough, but its like a sacred cow where players are supposed not to celebrate. Holt did it because he'd scored a wonder goal (not a "worldy") and thats the sort of passionate player he is. It was not disrespect towards a club that saved his career.

Tom Kennedy had it right.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Alf on 19:21 - Feb 6 with 2566 viewspaulscho

Alf on 18:58 - Feb 6 by phomem

I have seen Alfi at the Dale since he departed the club,obviously had some love affair with the club ,would`nt come and watch for any other reason ...i can`t remember what game it was ,(possible when we lost to Luton in the cup replay,but i am not sure)
The same can be said for Craig Dawson (often visits the Dale)
We should be proud of the quality players that have worn the Dale shirt,
good luck to them all .

livinginadalewonderland

Alf on 19:23 - Feb 6 with 2560 viewsphomem

Alf on 19:21 - Feb 6 by paulscho

I have seen Alfi at the Dale since he departed the club,obviously had some love affair with the club ,would`nt come and watch for any other reason ...i can`t remember what game it was ,(possible when we lost to Luton in the cup replay,but i am not sure)
The same can be said for Craig Dawson (often visits the Dale)
We should be proud of the quality players that have worn the Dale shirt,
good luck to them all .

Nathan Stanton as well comes back on occasions to watch the dale
Alf on 19:34 - Feb 6 with 2553 viewsRotherhamDale

Holt scored a great goal, and went over to the Shrews fans to celebrate.

Wasn't it a winning goal? Can't quite remember.

Good on him.

Possession with progression.

Alf on 19:35 - Feb 6 with 2552 viewsjudd

Alf on 19:34 - Feb 6 by RotherhamDale

Holt scored a great goal, and went over to the Shrews fans to celebrate.

Wasn't it a winning goal? Can't quite remember.

Good on him.

Dunno, but I remember applauding it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Alf on 19:41 - Feb 6 with 2542 viewsroccydaleian

Think the Dale won 2-1, two goals from Evil.
Alf on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 2495 viewsTVOS1907

Alf on 19:35 - Feb 6 by judd

Dunno, but I remember applauding it.

So, no respect for Dale from you either?

Nuff said, ect.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Alf on 21:11 - Feb 6 with 2483 viewsjudd

Alf on 20:50 - Feb 6 by TVOS1907

So, no respect for Dale from you either?

Nuff said, ect.

Flounce off.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Alf on 22:54 - Feb 6 with 2448 viewsDorsetDale

Alf on 18:23 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Lambert had left about four months previously. Holt had been gone for almost two years. The interview illustrates his respect, and if anything players will often quote influences at clubs - like Alfie did with Hill.

Anyway, not celebrating is a ridiculous recent trend.

Different circumstances maybe, but Dennis Law was doing it 40 years ago

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024