Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Grimes 19:02 - Feb 18 with 6130 viewsboffley

When is he going to learn that petulant flashes of anger are going to get him into trouble? I thought he was a lucky lad to stay on the pitch today after (rightly) getting booked for booting the ball away after he did not get the foul he thought should have been awarded.

From the wmg it seemed that the ref called him back after giving him the yellow and from the way he called Jonah over and spoke with both of them it was presumably for something he then said. If that was the case then he was very very lucky not to have got a second yellow only a few seconds after receiving the first.

If only he would concentrate on his own game instead of criticising and shouting at his team mates when they don't do exactly what he wanted them to then he could be a good player at this level but he has to learn to play within a team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ashley Grimes on 06:06 - Feb 19 with 1506 viewsdeanogod

Ashley Grimes on 20:20 - Feb 18 by pnc4eva1

Grimes is a good forward at this level. His attitude and petulent behaviour will be his downfall and always has been. He is currently playing out of position.

At least he is losing his temper and it shows he cares to some extent.

100% agree with you. grimes's best position is playing up top off a target man with wingers flinging crosses in for him to feed off. For me he's one of the most natural finishers we've ever had here and its just a shame that jones isn't a few years younger so we could play 442 as grime's is easily a 25 a season man at this level. As much as i love jones this club needs to be built around talents like grimes for us to have a decent future.
Ashley Grimes on 07:43 - Feb 19 with 1497 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Grimes on 00:45 - Feb 19 by Ralphs12

Nice post, the 442 thing is the most important thing, he is being asked to play somewhere he isnt really made for.

He's basically marmite.

So the fact he is being played out of position gives him the right to not put any effort in and leave it all to his team mates ?

Its already been admitted on this thread that he didnt/couldnt play for Eyre or Beech, so that gives him the right to let his tean mates down and the club by just sulking and strolling around the pitch ?

He was lucky not to be sent off yesterday and his whole body language is that of a slapped arse. He wants to man up, roll up his sleeves and start helping his team mates when the chips are down. Give me Chris Dagnall every day of the week.
Ashley Grimes on 12:10 - Feb 19 with 1429 viewsRalphs12

Ashley Grimes on 07:43 - Feb 19 by TalkingSutty

So the fact he is being played out of position gives him the right to not put any effort in and leave it all to his team mates ?

Its already been admitted on this thread that he didnt/couldnt play for Eyre or Beech, so that gives him the right to let his tean mates down and the club by just sulking and strolling around the pitch ?

He was lucky not to be sent off yesterday and his whole body language is that of a slapped arse. He wants to man up, roll up his sleeves and start helping his team mates when the chips are down. Give me Chris Dagnall every day of the week.

Not saying that at all, but he's playing out wide when clearly that's not his best position, maybe if he had abit more pace allowing him to get into the box faster he'd be abit more suited to it. He was tracking back well today I thought. Did no worse a job than Adams.

Also on the sending off, I agree he was stupid and I'd say BBM was the player that kept him on the pitch by running over to the ref and Grimes to have a word, reacted much quicker than Jonah did. As someone else has said on this post Jonah had a right rant for a much longer period than Grimes did but that has been swept under the carpet because its Jonah.

The rolling his sleeves up etc. I doubt will ever happen in the way some people will want, he's not that type of player. Doesn't make him a bad player.
Ashley Grimes on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 1400 viewsD_Alien

To sum up - Alfie with a temper

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashley Grimes on 13:37 - Feb 19 with 1367 views442Dale

Ashley Grimes on 13:10 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

Yep.

If anyone is unable to see the increased levels of effort Grimes is putting in under Coleman, then they're also questioning the manager himself for playing him. There are other players who are also giving much more in this area too.

It was made clear within the first ten minutes of the Bury game that Coleman demanded effort at all times from Grimes (and others). The player has responded. If he hadn't he wouldn't be in the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Grimes on 13:42 - Feb 19 with 1355 viewsRalphs12

Ashley Grimes on 13:10 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

Our survey says.......... top answer.
Ashley Grimes on 14:05 - Feb 19 with 1342 viewssweetcorn

Can't believe what i'm reading? Grimes put effort in y'day making piercing runs and getting on the ball when possible, i don't blame him for being upset about wrong decisions from team mates, there where more than a few occasions that jones or akpro took the wrong option deciding to shoot from range, when grimes was free in space.

I personally like grimes, that fire in his belly is what makes him the player he is, like wayne rooney wouldnt be one of the best players in the world without that burning anger inside him.

As for the part where grimes should of put in adams cross today, what is he? stretch armstrong, i'm sure some of you people think that these players are robots and can get on the end of everything.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ashley Grimes on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 1292 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Grimes on 14:05 - Feb 19 by sweetcorn

Can't believe what i'm reading? Grimes put effort in y'day making piercing runs and getting on the ball when possible, i don't blame him for being upset about wrong decisions from team mates, there where more than a few occasions that jones or akpro took the wrong option deciding to shoot from range, when grimes was free in space.

I personally like grimes, that fire in his belly is what makes him the player he is, like wayne rooney wouldnt be one of the best players in the world without that burning anger inside him.

As for the part where grimes should of put in adams cross today, what is he? stretch armstrong, i'm sure some of you people think that these players are robots and can get on the end of everything.

I think Grimes does has talent and maybe like Rooney he has fire in his belly. Theres one big difference though, Rooney grafts his b******s off every game. If Grimers doesnt score his contribution to the team (more so in away games) is miniscule.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Grimes on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 1278 viewsColDale

The one fault that I had with Saturday's performance from the team was the lack of reaction to Grimes' outburst. I'd say about 90% of those watching saw Grimes continue to bad mouth the referee after his booking, yet there wasn't any reaction from any of his team mates to try and placate him or at least let him know he was running the risk of making things difficult for the team. Even when the captain was called over, there seemed very little said to Grimes.
Ashley Grimes on 18:19 - Feb 19 with 1267 views442Dale

Ashley Grimes on 18:05 - Feb 19 by TalkingSutty

I think Grimes does has talent and maybe like Rooney he has fire in his belly. Theres one big difference though, Rooney grafts his b******s off every game. If Grimers doesnt score his contribution to the team (more so in away games) is miniscule.

But that hasn't been true since Coleman arrived. Even at Scunny when he was feeding off scraps going forward, Grimes still did his job for the team.

Everyone got a clean slate when the new manager arrived, this should apply for fans too.

Edit: in reply to Col, BBM went to calm down Grimes initially.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ashley Grimes on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 1258 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashley Grimes on 18:19 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

But that hasn't been true since Coleman arrived. Even at Scunny when he was feeding off scraps going forward, Grimes still did his job for the team.

Everyone got a clean slate when the new manager arrived, this should apply for fans too.

Edit: in reply to Col, BBM went to calm down Grimes initially.

Ok ,clean slate time then. I wasnt at Scunny so will take your word for it.The only way we will avoid relegation is for EVERY player to run themselves into the ground, game in game out.
Ashley Grimes on 18:41 - Feb 19 with 1240 viewsdalenumber2

Ashley Grimes on 18:27 - Feb 19 by TalkingSutty

Ok ,clean slate time then. I wasnt at Scunny so will take your word for it.The only way we will avoid relegation is for EVERY player to run themselves into the ground, game in game out.

If he had got himself sent off we could have lost that game as a consequence, and that is serious. I am sure Coleman will have had a word after the match. I think we all agree that we have seen much more effort from Grimes of late, but I hope he can keep his cool now and focus on the things that really matter, and that is being a team player.
Ashley Grimes on 14:41 - Feb 20 with 1166 viewsofficialdale

He shouts and balls when he doesn't get the pass he should receive or in other text 'his own way' simply because he is an out and out goal scoring striker. This is a player who wants to score goals on top of goals. I like to see passion and I think Grimes has bags of it. He doesn't have the best label hanging over him atm, due to his time here whilst them previous clowns were in charge! We'll see a different AG by the end of the season!
Ashley Grimes on 01:53 - Feb 21 with 1047 viewsolympicdale

Ashley Grimes on 14:41 - Feb 20 by officialdale

He shouts and balls when he doesn't get the pass he should receive or in other text 'his own way' simply because he is an out and out goal scoring striker. This is a player who wants to score goals on top of goals. I like to see passion and I think Grimes has bags of it. He doesn't have the best label hanging over him atm, due to his time here whilst them previous clowns were in charge! We'll see a different AG by the end of the season!

Grimes certainly is an enigma, I think his body language is that of a frustrated figure that he's not getting the opportunities in the game, he got it against bury in last home game and he got 2 goals.

Ashley Grimes is a match winner and i just think his body language says to some people i dont want to be here, because he wont run through the ground, he is a poacher and does his best work in the 6 yard box, once he is played there we will see a totally different player, we saw it when he had a partner in Ball.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024