Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BEECH and EYRE 10:47 - Jan 25 with 2222 viewspearlstreet1

Listened to the Steve Eyre interview the other night on GMR, all he could do was slag Chris Beech off all the time, whats the issue with them two.
BEECH and EYRE on 11:02 - Jan 25 with 2175 viewsBrierls

Beech was very critical of the previous management when he took over as caretaker manager. He never missed an opportunity in interviews to say how he was now doing things the right way, but kept on stressing that the players have had six months of not doing things the right way etc. Performances on the pitch suggested otherwise.

I think Beech got a bit carried away with pushing his own case for the job permanently, which alienated more people than it got on side.

Obviously Eyre got wind of this, and used his interview to 'respond' to the criticism. As much as I don't rate Steve Eyre as a manager, I thought his comments were spot on.
BEECH and EYRE on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 2167 viewsmacro

but Beech did have a point, maybe he (beech) should have kept his opinions more low key though
BEECH and EYRE on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 2155 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

BEECH and EYRE on 11:03 - Jan 25 by macro

but Beech did have a point, maybe he (beech) should have kept his opinions more low key though

As should Beech!
BEECH and EYRE on 11:58 - Jan 25 with 2004 viewsBrierls

BEECH and EYRE on 11:03 - Jan 25 by macro

Especially when doing things the right way (in his opinion), as opposed to the wrong way (in his opinion), was giving the same end result!
BEECH and EYRE on 12:08 - Jan 25 with 1965 views49thseason

BEECH and EYRE on 11:58 - Jan 25 by Brierls

Especially when doing things the right way (in his opinion), as opposed to the wrong way (in his opinion), was giving the same end result!

worse results actually
BEECH and EYRE on 13:01 - Jan 25 with 1837 viewsnewbious

Seriously, why does anybody give a shit what Steve Eyre has to say about the appointment of our new manager? if it hadn’t been for him, John Coleman would not have been required….but saying that aloud, makes my kind of glad he did ultimately fail.
I listened to the interview, and its apparent SE wishes to blame others for the demise of our club when everybody with any common sense realises he is most accountable. I accept he took the job is difficult circumstances with established quality players leaving, but he did have pre-season and 6 months to turn things around.
He does come across very well on the radio however, and I can see why he wanted to ‘Eyre’ (sorry couldn’t resist) a response to Beech’s remarks regarding the previous regime, but I don’t want his opinion, he’s clearly a better PR man than football manager.
As for Beech, he did refer to the past too often, although I’m inclined to think this was him highlighting the enormity of the task whilst trying to acquire the job permanently opposed to slagging off SE and FB…..of course I may be wrong and he might think they’re useless numpty’s, as do I for what its worth.
Anyway, it’s all history now, John Coleman has a huge task and one that starts with immediate effect in bringing in much needed players at the earliest opportunity if we are indeed to survive the drop.
BEECH and EYRE on 14:23 - Jan 25 with 1724 viewsBobbyjoe

BEECH and EYRE on 13:01 - Jan 25 by newbious

Seriously, why does anybody give a shit what Steve Eyre has to say about the appointment of our new manager? if it hadn’t been for him, John Coleman would not have been required….but saying that aloud, makes my kind of glad he did ultimately fail.
I listened to the interview, and its apparent SE wishes to blame others for the demise of our club when everybody with any common sense realises he is most accountable. I accept he took the job is difficult circumstances with established quality players leaving, but he did have pre-season and 6 months to turn things around.
He does come across very well on the radio however, and I can see why he wanted to ‘Eyre’ (sorry couldn’t resist) a response to Beech’s remarks regarding the previous regime, but I don’t want his opinion, he’s clearly a better PR man than football manager.
As for Beech, he did refer to the past too often, although I’m inclined to think this was him highlighting the enormity of the task whilst trying to acquire the job permanently opposed to slagging off SE and FB…..of course I may be wrong and he might think they’re useless numpty’s, as do I for what its worth.
Anyway, it’s all history now, John Coleman has a huge task and one that starts with immediate effect in bringing in much needed players at the earliest opportunity if we are indeed to survive the drop.

Clearly with 6 months and a pre-season, any idiot should be able to get any club firing on all cylinders! Roll on, August.
BEECH and EYRE on 15:01 - Jan 25 with 1666 viewsD_Dale

"John Coleman has a huge task and one that starts with immediate effect in bringing in much needed players at the earliest opportunity if we are indeed to survive the drop."

I wonder if there will be so much emphasis on new players. Several of the current squad - Widdowson, Kennedy, Jones, Holness, Adams - were up to the job last season under Hillcroft. The need seems to be to motivate and organise these and others who have the potential or who have been brought in so recently they can hardly be sidelined - Tutte, Grimes, Darby, Holden, Jordan, Amankwaah.

It will be interesting to see what he makes of the loan players, as there's a sort of obligation to play them. A couple of newcomers looks possible, but I'd expect the manager's main approach will be to tighten the defence (a lot to be done there), get some goals scored (ditto), and see to it that the midfield can support the defence, win the ball and initiate attacks (,,).

Some big challenges for manager and players, though I think Coleman is capable of seeing Dale finish the season in 20th place, or a bit higher.
Login to get fewer ads

BEECH and EYRE on 15:38 - Jan 25 with 1596 viewswimborne_dale

BEECH and EYRE on 15:01 - Jan 25 by D_Dale

"John Coleman has a huge task and one that starts with immediate effect in bringing in much needed players at the earliest opportunity if we are indeed to survive the drop."

I wonder if there will be so much emphasis on new players. Several of the current squad - Widdowson, Kennedy, Jones, Holness, Adams - were up to the job last season under Hillcroft. The need seems to be to motivate and organise these and others who have the potential or who have been brought in so recently they can hardly be sidelined - Tutte, Grimes, Darby, Holden, Jordan, Amankwaah.

It will be interesting to see what he makes of the loan players, as there's a sort of obligation to play them. A couple of newcomers looks possible, but I'd expect the manager's main approach will be to tighten the defence (a lot to be done there), get some goals scored (ditto), and see to it that the midfield can support the defence, win the ball and initiate attacks (,,).

Some big challenges for manager and players, though I think Coleman is capable of seeing Dale finish the season in 20th place, or a bit higher.

To sum up then, we need a better defence, a better midfield and better strikers. Apart from those, things are looking good.

Edgar Allan's Crow

BEECH and EYRE on 20:16 - Jan 25 with 1390 viewsnewbious

BEECH and EYRE on 14:23 - Jan 25 by Bobbyjoe

Clearly with 6 months and a pre-season, any idiot should be able to get any club firing on all cylinders! Roll on, August.

Well if in 6 months time the club have not progressed then yes Coleman will be accountable, the difference being he instills much more confidence than Errr!

......To be fair who cares - onwards and upwards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024