Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we all need a Reality Check! 19:28 - Jan 8 with 2012 viewsnewbious

I felt the need to start a new thread highlighting a few points regarding our current predicament.
Firstly, we all know that 3 weeks ago we were a certainty for relegation under Errrs authority. The Chairman has made the correct decision in ending Steve’s reign and promoted from within by handing the reigns to Beech. This was a positive response and we’ve all seen a difference in attitude not only on the pitch, but also around the ground and between the majority of supporters.
The first 2 games went much better than we had become accustomed since summer, and the Preston game was allegedly the performance of the season (admittedly I missed it!) I did go to the Hartlepool game and with recent hype, found it an anti-climax, but in reality there will be better teams than us go up there and get turned over.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, but the changes implemented in Beechy’s short tenure have been significant enough for me to instil confidence and I’m of the opinion he ought to be appointed until at least the end of the season. He’s clearly a driven individual who has a desire to succeed.
Furthermore, The Chairman needs to end all this speculation about who the next man will be, as we all know hand on heart, Flicker isn’t leaving Barnsley, and who’d blame him. Do you really expect him to accept a paycut then take a job that frankly is about as appealing as stapling your eyelids to the table?
I feel the club should release a statement and explain the position with our manager; it must be difficult not only for Beechy but also the lads, as not knowing what the future holds surely affects performances? If the board are considering bringing in an established manager, then relay this information so all parties know where they stand and can crack on!
Other names mentioned like Brown, Reid and endless other old school managers will not take the club forward, plus they would demand huge salaries. We are always to be a minnow of league 1 with our budget, gates and limited fan base, so let’s not expect pure quality week in week out, lets support the boys, get behind Beech & Kidd and be happy we are financially sound and still in with a slim chance of surviving in this very competitive league.
4 points from the next 2 games could change our position dramatically! Come on Dale, if we go down, we go down fighting!
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:32 - Jan 8 with 1976 viewsdale1968

At Last Someone talking sense and not spouting all sorts of drivell.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:34 - Jan 8 with 1963 viewsBobbyjoe

It was "a results game" a few weeks back.
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:35 - Jan 8 with 1955 viewssuc

Thank goodness for a bit of sence. I completely agree with that. Beechys first two games would have given us 6 pts but for sh*t referees. If he is here for the rest of the season though they should say so sooner rather than later.
Come on let's get behind Beechy
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:36 - Jan 8 with 1949 viewsD_Alien

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:32 - Jan 8 by dale1968

At Last Someone talking sense and not spouting all sorts of drivell.

At last?

Its just a summary of what most of us have posted, but still valid for all that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:41 - Jan 8 with 1922 views442Dale

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:34 - Jan 8 by Bobbyjoe

It was, and allied to a poor recruitment policy and refusal to address problem areas was the reason Eyre was removed from his position.

Beech knows he has to get results too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:08 - Jan 8 with 1887 viewsTVOS1907

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:41 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

It was, and allied to a poor recruitment policy and refusal to address problem areas was the reason Eyre was removed from his position.

Beech knows he has to get results too.

Correct - and something which the Chairman has acknowledged in his "it's Beech's job to lose" comment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:12 - Jan 8 with 1864 viewsolympicdale

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 19:34 - Jan 8 by Bobbyjoe

football is ALWAYS a results business, you can have all the backing in the world from your board etc, but if your not doing the business on the pitch you'll suffer.

Life is a game of fate.

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:19 - Jan 8 with 1833 viewsherbs_rafc

gotta agree with this, it's been said before but summarised nicely here, one win is all it needs to get back into that winning habit and kick-start our season. Up The Dale!

JCBA

Login to get fewer ads

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:35 - Jan 8 with 1785 viewssandylaner1

oh lawd wall of text
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:39 - Jan 8 with 1769 viewswmgunit

"The club should release a statement and explain the position with our manager; it must be difficult not only for Beechy but also the lads, as not knowing what the future holds surely affects performances? If the board are considering bringing in an established manager, then relay this information so all parties know where they stand"

^^^ Exactly the point I've been trying to make, admittedly worded better.
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 1747 viewsSuddenLad

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:39 - Jan 8 by wmgunit

"The club should release a statement and explain the position with our manager; it must be difficult not only for Beechy but also the lads, as not knowing what the future holds surely affects performances? If the board are considering bringing in an established manager, then relay this information so all parties know where they stand"

^^^ Exactly the point I've been trying to make, admittedly worded better.

Whatever the Board have to say, I would hope they they will impart it to Chris Beech privately. Ultimately, it's a private contractual matter between them. It's nothing to do with anyone else.

The Board (via Mr. Dunphy) made a statement when they gave Beech the job 'until further notice'. Until that changes, and for whatever reason, I don't see that there is anything else for them to say publicly.

It's how it is.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 1730 viewswmgunit

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:44 - Jan 8 by SuddenLad

Whatever the Board have to say, I would hope they they will impart it to Chris Beech privately. Ultimately, it's a private contractual matter between them. It's nothing to do with anyone else.

The Board (via Mr. Dunphy) made a statement when they gave Beech the job 'until further notice'. Until that changes, and for whatever reason, I don't see that there is anything else for them to say publicly.

It's how it is.

Quite, I wouldn't think being in the dark will affect player or fan morale at all.
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 1707 viewsmaybee

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:12 - Jan 8 by olympicdale

football is ALWAYS a results business, you can have all the backing in the world from your board etc, but if your not doing the business on the pitch you'll suffer.

Might be a tad controversial here,in fact, hugely controversial, but this needs saying.....

I feel that our normally astute Board have made a right mess of things since Hill left (even when he was obviously touting himself around, our Chairman had little idea as to what was happening)

CD appointed SE on a reduced salary to what Hillcroft had enjoyed, allowed Wiseman and Done to leave, and then sanctioned the departure of COG without a replacement being signed.

The fact that no legal action was forthcoming when it turned out that SE had been no more than one of half a dozen coaches reporting to a Management team above him says that CD knew full well exactly what we were getting, and that it was a huge gamble, which sadly backfired., It further appears that the Board knew from quite early on in SE's reign that he was not to be trusted with transfer monies, despite keeping him in power until late December, when all bar a few fans (probably out of a sense of loyalty to our previously excellent Board) had resigned themselves to him not being a fit and proper Manager at least 6 weeks earlier.

We were also operating on a reduced budget compared to last season and also compared to what Hill had been given. Only when SE was given funds to loan Ball, Bunn Balkenstien & Bergkamp did our wage budget begin to match that of Hill.

We are still way down on last years wage bill...... Blackpool are paying a huge % of Bog 's wages, and (I guess Ormerod's) We are hardly breaking the bank at all in terms of wages, and have Beech in charge who is not on the salary of a L1 Manager.

When COG was sold, CD promised that we would sign a replacement and that all the transfer monies would be made avaiilable to the Manager.

The fact that 16 strikers were approached and the Board would not sanction any of them to come here (many because of silly wage demands , some because we wouldn't agree an inflated transfer fee)speaks volumes about their ambition. MBH was number 17, and was desperate to leave Luton following a public bust-up with their Manager. We signed him for peanuts, because he was so keen to leave them...not for any other reason.

Actually; it confirms what Col and others (myself included) posted at the time. We should have signed COG's replacement BEFORE he was allowed to leave, and certainly before any such sale was made public. To not do so was shortsighted, and resulted in inflated figures being asked by all clubs. It will cost us FAR more than his transfer fee if we are relegated. That, alone was surely worth signing his replacement before he left. If a replacement wasn't available; then surely it says that the transfer fee we got for him wasn't big enough in the first place???

So... what do we do from here?

If stories are correct that CD is currently looking at other potential Managers, then I'm sure that Beech will leave us..overlooked in Summer, and now undermined whilst in the Caretaker position. His tenure here is impossible, and I feel sorry for him. He must have felt bad in Summer... if someone else is brought in now, he will feel sick to the core.

If we are not looking at other Managers...CD needs to come out and give Beech the job until the end of the season.

At least that way, everyone knows whats going on, and we can all pull together. We then have about 3 weeks to spend the "COG transfer monies that SE was promised" rather than relying on 1 month subsidised loans.

It's a massive decision for the Board...one that I'm not sure they know how to handle, and in fairness, one that I'm sure, not many supporters would relish making at present.

Difficult times for the future of the club.

Stevenage will pose one of the sternest tests we have faced so far at home because they are so "together". It will be a very tough match, and one that we may well lose.
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 1686 viewsSuddenLad

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 20:51 - Jan 8 by wmgunit

Quite, I wouldn't think being in the dark will affect player or fan morale at all.

The Board would be foolish to get involved in a 'running commentary' about who is being considered for the vacancy, or whether candidates other than Chris Beech are in the frame.

Those who 'need to know' will know what's going on. The people who are involved in the process, won't be 'in the dark'.

For obvious reasons, that shouldn't involve public statements until the relevant decisions are ACTUALLY made.

In any case, fan morale was higher than of late, before the events of yesterday.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 22:18 - Jan 8 with 1612 viewsTalkingSutty

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 21:12 - Jan 8 by SuddenLad

The Board would be foolish to get involved in a 'running commentary' about who is being considered for the vacancy, or whether candidates other than Chris Beech are in the frame.

Those who 'need to know' will know what's going on. The people who are involved in the process, won't be 'in the dark'.

For obvious reasons, that shouldn't involve public statements until the relevant decisions are ACTUALLY made.

In any case, fan morale was higher than of late, before the events of yesterday.

It was stated that the job was Chris Beeches to lose and at the moment he has picked up 2 points from a possible nine. I dont think he could have hand picked three beter games really. Walsall are one of the poorest sides in the league, Preston are a club in turmoil and Hartlepools home record is laughable. If we lose on Saturday against a very good Stevenage team, what credentials will CB then have to suggest he his the right man ?

It seems to me that we are jumping from the fire back into the frying pan. Just like SE, Beechy has no managerial experience at all and at a time when our current plight screams for a experienced manager its suggested that Beechy is the right man, it might be me being thick but i dont see the reason why.

This season we have been over reliant on loan players, probably because we dont want to burden ourselves with league one players on high wages in case we drop back to league two. As a result of this we are left with hardly any saleable assets (which we depend on), it becomes difficult to relate to half of the team and must have a detrimental effect on squad unity and also makes me as a fan question their commitment to the club when the chips are down.

In a nutshell, once we go behind (especially in away games) we dont seem to be able to battle back. Recruiting so many loan players during this season, has done us no favours and as a fan it isnt something i like to see. I suppose its the price we pay for trying to compete in league one.
Like somebody else stated, its all about results and three golden opportunities have just passed us by, Stevenage is a must win game not only for Beechy but also for the club.
I think we all need a Reality Check! on 22:20 - Jan 8 with 1607 viewsmikehunt

The clock is ticking in the transfer market too. If we are thinking new guy and he isn't appointed soon we are fooked in terms of fresh blood. Can't see a new manager coming in, frankly. I see it as getting some quality loanees in for a month to help us out of our mess, then it's up to our squad. The general consensus is that our players are better than results have shown. Let's see.

As an aside, I would love to see Flicker here if only to finally get one over on those Tyke so-and-sos and roll someone else over for a change.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 1590 viewsTalkingSutty

I think we all need a Reality Check! on 22:20 - Jan 8 by mikehunt

The clock is ticking in the transfer market too. If we are thinking new guy and he isn't appointed soon we are fooked in terms of fresh blood. Can't see a new manager coming in, frankly. I see it as getting some quality loanees in for a month to help us out of our mess, then it's up to our squad. The general consensus is that our players are better than results have shown. Let's see.

As an aside, I would love to see Flicker here if only to finally get one over on those Tyke so-and-sos and roll someone else over for a change.

In a ideal world CB would register a few wins and the Chairmans mind would be made up. I think Stevenage and then Tranmere away will provide the answer, that sounds callous, but no win in five games spells relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024