Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report 00:11 - Sep 23 with 5740 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/63017
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 07:38 - Sep 23 with 4920 viewsngbqpr

I swear shortly after the game I texted this to my son:

Too many 6 out of 10s
Nardi & Frey 7
Andersen 4

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 08:17 - Sep 23 with 4711 viewsstevec

Pretty much covered it, I picked a good day to have the flu.

In Cifuentes defence, the fans forum at end of September, attendance usually results in appreciative comments, polite applause and the sack in October/November. Reckon he’s wisely dodging a bullet.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 09:28 - Sep 23 with 4456 viewsTheChef

Feels like every Millwall game lately is like this, a hard slog; albeit this time round seems Millwall were the better side.

Didn't really have the time to watch the game on telly, based on your report clearly was one to miss.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:00 - Sep 23 with 4292 viewsRagingbull1932

A great report which is customary on this site. How do you get time to write these lengthy previews and reports with a day job as well?
[Post edited 23 Sep 10:01]
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:01 - Sep 23 with 4284 viewsNorthernr

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:00 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

A great report which is customary on this site. How do you get time to write these lengthy previews and reports with a day job as well?
[Post edited 23 Sep 10:01]

I don't get a lot of sleep.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:02 - Sep 23 with 4276 viewsEastR

An incredibly frustrating watch, the only positives to take away - a game we should have lost that we take a point from, Frey’s well taken goal and our sweeper keeper.

As you highlighted, the one time we play the ball quickly forward we score. I’ll also never understand why, when a team like that puts you under pressure at set pieces, we feel the need to have our shortest and most mobile players in our own box. We had no outlet and were immediately under pressure again. Take Saito and Dembele out and put them on the halfway line – that immediately forces them to take 3 out of our box to cover and potentially gets us up the pitch.

Once Colback was missing from the line up the beer token pot went on Watmore to score. It’s a shame these 1230s are making it more difficult to spend them!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:06 - Sep 23 with 4241 viewsNorthernr

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:02 - Sep 23 by EastR

An incredibly frustrating watch, the only positives to take away - a game we should have lost that we take a point from, Frey’s well taken goal and our sweeper keeper.

As you highlighted, the one time we play the ball quickly forward we score. I’ll also never understand why, when a team like that puts you under pressure at set pieces, we feel the need to have our shortest and most mobile players in our own box. We had no outlet and were immediately under pressure again. Take Saito and Dembele out and put them on the halfway line – that immediately forces them to take 3 out of our box to cover and potentially gets us up the pitch.

Once Colback was missing from the line up the beer token pot went on Watmore to score. It’s a shame these 1230s are making it more difficult to spend them!

The all 11 back in our own box thing started round January/February time when we basically conceded from every corner we faced.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:07 - Sep 23 with 4232 viewsTheChef

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:02 - Sep 23 by EastR

Missed Colback in this one but then for every game he does play, he misses another one through suspension.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 4136 viewsEastR

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:06 - Sep 23 by Northernr

The all 11 back in our own box thing started round January/February time when we basically conceded from every corner we faced.

Agreed Clive, but we now have those two as an alternative, can't help feeling we played to their strengths not our own hence the sense of frustration.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:30 - Sep 23 with 4104 viewsNorthernr

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:28 - Sep 23 by EastR

Agreed Clive, but we now have those two as an alternative, can't help feeling we played to their strengths not our own hence the sense of frustration.

Totally agree.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:09 - Sep 23 with 3877 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Spot on with your analysis again - When we saw the team in the pub we were all happy "plenty of goals with that forward line" we all said.

For some reason it just did not click in the final third. Quite right to praise Millwall they came with a plan and executed it perfectly and probably deserved to win. By heck I have seen us lose plenty of games like this over the years.

Patience is definitely the key word here - We are now 14th which is exactly the position I predicted at the start of the season and I've not seen anything to change that yet. However we definitely have better quality and attitude in the team compared to 12 months ago so who knows.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:27 - Sep 23 with 3742 viewsdmm

I know it can be a bit of a cop out phrase but shouldn't this season be seen as a transition season? First full season for Marti with a pre season under his belt and plenty of overseas newcomers to integrate, he's got his hands full working this squad into a fully functioning unit.

I'm as frustrated as the next person, but if we end the season where we are now, around midtable, it'll be what many of us predicted.

Next season, having pocketed a load of Eze sell on cash [fingers crossed emoji], could well be one where we start to motor on.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:32 - Sep 23 with 3674 viewsstevec

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:27 - Sep 23 by dmm

I know it can be a bit of a cop out phrase but shouldn't this season be seen as a transition season? First full season for Marti with a pre season under his belt and plenty of overseas newcomers to integrate, he's got his hands full working this squad into a fully functioning unit.

I'm as frustrated as the next person, but if we end the season where we are now, around midtable, it'll be what many of us predicted.

Next season, having pocketed a load of Eze sell on cash [fingers crossed emoji], could well be one where we start to motor on.

Yeah, but this season we don’t have Everton and Man City to contend with.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:34 - Sep 23 with 3675 viewsNorthernr

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:27 - Sep 23 by dmm

I'm actually not that frustrated, I think it's going quite well. Like you say we're basically exactly where we all thought we would be.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:47 - Sep 23 with 3599 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Broadly agree with that. I'm still happy and optimistic, but with two slight caveats:

1) Cifuentes mightn't be here next season. QPR Managers last less time than the ugly lad in a Western shootout, and

2) Cifuentes has been here nearly a year and I'm slightly surprised that we have the same recurring problem with our centre midfield not wanting the ball that I thought a Cryuffian disciple might fix in ten games. Either:

a) He's told the midfielders to demand the ball, and they're not listening,
b) He's told them not to demand the ball, or
c) He's not discussed it with them at all.

And I've no idea which.
Dozzell, EDB, Field, Colback, Madsen, Andersen and Varane. The bodies change, the conundrum remains.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:55 - Sep 23 with 3549 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Great report and summed up the frustration at having to sit through that performance.
I keep seeing a team with the handbrake on who appear scared to play the way MC wants them to. That is where my frustration is coming from.
If the handbrake came off you could see this team ripping teams like Millwall apart.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 12:16 - Sep 23 with 3423 viewsE17hoop

Hard agree on the ref

He had the chance to make an early booking but chose not to and that meant he raised the threshold. As a result, we ended up with the inconsistent performance he showed.

I much prefer a ref to let the game flow but you have to set out what is and isn't allowable early.

The comment about Millwall just watching us was spot on too, very Simpsons.

[Post edited 23 Sep 12:17]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 12:25 - Sep 23 with 3360 viewsLoyalitat

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 11:55 - Sep 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Great report and summed up the frustration at having to sit through that performance.
I keep seeing a team with the handbrake on who appear scared to play the way MC wants them to. That is where my frustration is coming from.
If the handbrake came off you could see this team ripping teams like Millwall apart.

Handbrake off with Chair in the side then you may be right. it takes bravery and confidence to play in that manner.

Chair has always showed for the ball by coming deeper to take passes from the centre-halves, thus providing another realistic passing option alongside it going through central midfield. Hayden also showed for the ball when he joined on loan last season, even when he was dispossessed, he never hid. To a lesser extent, Willock also showed too.

Get Chair back as he is the fulcrum of this team and we will be better both as a threat in the final third and his coming deeper to link up play. I don't want him to play in a deeper lying role, but he has the capacity to do it as he proved on occasions when Warbs was manager I seem to recall.
[Post edited 23 Sep 12:54]
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 13:06 - Sep 23 with 3167 viewsFrankRightguard

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 12:16 - Sep 23 by E17hoop

Hard agree on the ref

He had the chance to make an early booking but chose not to and that meant he raised the threshold. As a result, we ended up with the inconsistent performance he showed.

I much prefer a ref to let the game flow but you have to set out what is and isn't allowable early.

The comment about Millwall just watching us was spot on too, very Simpsons.

[Post edited 23 Sep 12:17]

When he let the guy go through the back of Dembele after five minutes it was basically a starting gun for Millwall to kick us out of the first half.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 14:21 - Sep 23 with 2781 viewsloftboy

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:06 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Seeing as Dembele, saito and Paal are like the cast of munchkins from the wizard of Oz there’s literally zero benefit of them being in the box to defend a corner against the likes of cooper, surely leaving at least one of them up on the half way line would mean the opposition having to keep two back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 19:23 - Sep 23 with 2066 viewsBurnleyhoop

Spot on as usual.

We simply cannot continue to accommodate Anderson and Madsen playing together. It’s one or the other with Varane accompanying Field/Colback.

Dembele is not a winger. He plays at 10 or Smyth takes the right wing spot.

Saiito is cover for Chair only.

We have five players at 5”6 or under and are getting bullied. This will continue unabated unless our movement and available pace is used more effectively. We can expect more rough house tactics up at Blackburn this weekend and should plan accordingly. Back to the drawing board titled pragmatic.
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 20:06 - Sep 23 with 1939 viewsMyke

Cheers Clive, frustrating for sure and made your 'Front Foot' preview title bitterly ironic. We only seem to rouse ourselves when we fall behind (with the exception of Plymouth, whom we mistakenly thought were there to be hammered). Our two most impressive halves (and results) were Sheffield United and Luton away. We have nothing to fear about going one - or even two - down, being level or actually ahead is proving much more problematic. It's like 'oh we're losing, better sort this out then' and when they do, they revert back to QPR shirted mannequins.
I am also concerned that we are being incredibly lucky at the moment. 99 times out of a hundred the ref gives a free out last week and how Milwall missed that sitter at the end , only he knows. Sooner or later we will run out of luck, so we better start making our own before that.
Finally, just on the patience thing. Being patient for me is about tolerating mistakes when players take risks as the majority are young or inexperienced at Championship level, and learning their trade. Patience for me is not about sitting through huge chunks of dross, because nobody has the balls or desire to get stuck in and try to make something happen. There is a world of difference between making mistakes and being afraid to make one. As Samuel Beckett, said 'Try again. Fail Again. Fail Better.'
Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 21:40 - Sep 23 with 1676 viewsstainrods_elbow

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 10:07 - Sep 23 by TheChef

Missed Colback in this one but then for every game he does play, he misses another one through suspension.

Jesus Christ - how can he be suspended already? We've only just started the season, ffs!

How many of Colback's yellow/red cards are avoidable (dissent, mnoaning etc.)? And why isn't Marti having a word with him about acting his age and not his boot size, or is he just dumb/entitled to take it on board? He's not quite as deranged as Jack Torrance in The Shining, but he's obviously a bit touched, and reminds me a lot of Barton. Not helped by the big whiff of resentment he gives off at playing for us at Champ level.

So much for the likes of Sinton giving it the tired cliche about wanting your experienced players on the pitch! What's the value in that if half the time they're not? All the more frustrating as when he's on it, he's a great help, but how often has he been? One or two games since he's been here?

I feel like I'm turning into him just by thinking about him!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 21:47 - Sep 23 with 1665 viewsstainrods_elbow

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 20:06 - Sep 23 by Myke

Cheers Clive, frustrating for sure and made your 'Front Foot' preview title bitterly ironic. We only seem to rouse ourselves when we fall behind (with the exception of Plymouth, whom we mistakenly thought were there to be hammered). Our two most impressive halves (and results) were Sheffield United and Luton away. We have nothing to fear about going one - or even two - down, being level or actually ahead is proving much more problematic. It's like 'oh we're losing, better sort this out then' and when they do, they revert back to QPR shirted mannequins.
I am also concerned that we are being incredibly lucky at the moment. 99 times out of a hundred the ref gives a free out last week and how Milwall missed that sitter at the end , only he knows. Sooner or later we will run out of luck, so we better start making our own before that.
Finally, just on the patience thing. Being patient for me is about tolerating mistakes when players take risks as the majority are young or inexperienced at Championship level, and learning their trade. Patience for me is not about sitting through huge chunks of dross, because nobody has the balls or desire to get stuck in and try to make something happen. There is a world of difference between making mistakes and being afraid to make one. As Samuel Beckett, said 'Try again. Fail Again. Fail Better.'

Excellent post, and a crucial distinction to boot.

PS Beckett would have approved, who also wrote of QPR: 'there's man all over for you - blaming on his boots the fault of his feet'!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 22:13 - Sep 23 with 1598 viewsloftboy

Frey and Nardi drag QPR through clunky Millwall show - Report on 21:40 - Sep 23 by stainrods_elbow

Jesus Christ - how can he be suspended already? We've only just started the season, ffs!

How many of Colback's yellow/red cards are avoidable (dissent, mnoaning etc.)? And why isn't Marti having a word with him about acting his age and not his boot size, or is he just dumb/entitled to take it on board? He's not quite as deranged as Jack Torrance in The Shining, but he's obviously a bit touched, and reminds me a lot of Barton. Not helped by the big whiff of resentment he gives off at playing for us at Champ level.

So much for the likes of Sinton giving it the tired cliche about wanting your experienced players on the pitch! What's the value in that if half the time they're not? All the more frustrating as when he's on it, he's a great help, but how often has he been? One or two games since he's been here?

I feel like I'm turning into him just by thinking about him!

He got sent off at Bramal lane

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024