Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread 12:56 - Jul 6 with 2296 viewsRhonddaSwans

England at the Euros !

In the U.K. football fans can enjoy every moment of Euro 2024 across BBC and ITV. England vs Switzerland is on BBC – watch for free on BBC iPlayer. Just note that you will need a valid U.K. TV license in order to watch. Other free-to-air coverage of Euro 2024: Germany (via ZDF and ARD), France (via TF1), Spain (via RTVE) and Italy (via RAI). Soccer fans in New Zealand can also watch Euro 2024 for free via TVNZ.

The Englishman ready to hurt the country if his birth.

Duah, who plays for Ludogorets in Bulgaria, moved to Switzerland with his parents aged two and is a Chelsea supporter. Will he come up against Cole Palmer on Saturday? Duah only made his senior Switzerland debut on 4 June in a friendly against Estonia at the age of 27. He has since made three appearances at Euro 2024, one start and two as a substitute.

Ten of Switzerland's 26-man squad are aged 30 or over, with the likes of Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri and Yann Sommer veterans of tournament football. Indeed, Shaqiri is the first Swiss player to feature in seven major tournaments after playing in the four previous World Cups and two Euros. Former Arsenal midfielder Xhaka, 31, is team captain and conductor who has brought the feel-good vibes into the Swiss camp after featuring in Bayer Leverkusen's magnificent Bundesliga triumph under Xabi Alonso.

Xhaka is also Switzerland's record appearance holder.

Switzerland have not beaten England in their last 13 meetings – including three in tournaments – and you have to go all the way back to 1981 for their last victory in this fixture.

Suspended ! Ex Swansea City player, Marc Guehi.

If it comes to penalties Swansea City head goalkeeping coach, Martyn Margetson will be behind the Strategy to win.

Happy watching folks.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:44 - Jul 6 with 747 viewsunion_jack

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:41 - Jul 6 by KeithHaynes

Well, there we are.

Thrashed them

Very lucky really, Swiss were better drilled on the whole.

Still, onto the next!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:46 - Jul 6 with 728 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:44 - Jul 6 by union_jack

Thrashed them

Very lucky really, Swiss were better drilled on the whole.

Still, onto the next!

They don’t give up though and have match winners
Imagine Wales having that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:50 - Jul 6 with 726 viewsWhiterockin

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:44 - Jul 6 by onehunglow

No crowd trouble ,they go behind in two vital games then keep calm and win.
Some have to accept .
The Saes really aren’t the demons some make out they are

They have had a fair share of good fortune.
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:52 - Jul 6 with 707 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:50 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

They have had a fair share of good fortune.

True,but often the harder yiu try the luckiest you get
Those penalties were not lucky
Toney just brilliant
Hr screwed us too.

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:56 - Jul 6 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Anyway,come on the Clogs.
Put the barbers to sleep

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:58 - Jul 6 with 688 viewsraynor94

Come on lads let's not be churlish, I thought they were the better team, but the Swiss did play well.

5 superb penalties, and I keep saying they are hard to beat, and never know when they are beaten

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:01 - Jul 6 with 666 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 19:58 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Come on lads let's not be churlish, I thought they were the better team, but the Swiss did play well.

5 superb penalties, and I keep saying they are hard to beat, and never know when they are beaten

What a difference a day makes
Yesterday ,joy unbounded over the lying ,dirty,posh boy Tories then the Saes sneaking through on pens.
They will beat either Dutch and Turks

Looking for England to get beat is no compensation for our putrid football set up.
We haven’t even a coach

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:16 - Jul 6 with 645 viewsSgorioFruit

hopefully the dutch will sort them out mid week now,

providing they beat turkey of course

normal services resumed then

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:19 - Jul 6 with 632 viewsWhiterockin

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:16 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

I think England will reach the final, win it who knows, the teams in the other side of the draw are better. But sometimes your name is on the trophy.
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 620 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:16 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

I used to always detest any England side .
I was late 60 s when our grandkids came along which made me realise it’s w@stead negative energy that helps nothing Welsh at all.
I have chums here who want Wales to win yet our lot simply go down the pitiful Road of Envy ,as we have a sythpshow of a football set up ,both at club and country level.
We need to keep our heads down as we have nowt to shout about
It used to be the case our rugby boys ( egg chasers hated by some) helped by giving us some sporting joy but now they too are an embarrassment where a defeat of ten pints is considered a good result. That bad

Our last tournament proves my point

Personally,as long as the diirty whistling Turks are stuffed,I don’t mind who wins this tournament

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 629 viewsSgorioFruit

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:19 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

I think England will reach the final, win it who knows, the teams in the other side of the draw are better. But sometimes your name is on the trophy.

hopefully not,
its always the same, they get one of the easiest groups, get the easier run in, hardly play against any proper world beaters, can't win a game, take everything to extra time and penalties.

They thought they're name was on the trophy in the last euros, lets hope for the same outcome again.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:23 - Jul 6 with 616 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:21 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

hopefully not,
its always the same, they get one of the easiest groups, get the easier run in, hardly play against any proper world beaters, can't win a game, take everything to extra time and penalties.

They thought they're name was on the trophy in the last euros, lets hope for the same outcome again.

Is it because they are seeded higher because if game wins
We are normally the l@st to scrape through qualifying groups

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 606 viewsTreforys_Jack

Like watching paint dry fair play, Kane looks a spent force and Matty Grimes could seamlessly slot in the Declan Rice role.
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:59 - Jul 6 with 593 viewsraynor94

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:21 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

hopefully not,

Back to your silly old post, the groups you are in go on past form, they are consistently in the last 4 of the Euros and World Cups.

You can only beat what's in front of you

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:03 - Jul 6 with 577 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 20:40 - Jul 6 by Treforys_Jack

Like watching paint dry fair play, Kane looks a spent force and Matty Grimes could seamlessly slot in the Declan Rice role.

Grimes ,at the Euros?
Wow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:33 - Jul 6 with 549 viewsWhiterockin

I would start Toney instead of Kane.
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:39 - Jul 6 with 530 viewsraynor94

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:33 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

I would start Toney instead of Kane.

Or Watkins come to that, Kane does look poor

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:43 - Jul 6 with 526 viewsmax936

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:39 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Showing up on how poor German club football is ?

Looks a shadow of the player that played for Spurs despite his goals for Bayern.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:57 - Jul 6 with 496 viewsraynor94

Holland next for England

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 22:08 - Jul 6 with 482 viewsmax936

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 21:39 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Why the f Watkins hasn't had a look in is a mystery to me, been quality all season for Aston Villa.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 01:25 - Jul 7 with 404 viewsRobbie

Watched only the penalty shoot out on a break , two Welshies and an English workmate .

Two colleagues walk out ot the tea room damn it , one stayed to sing Sweet Caroline .

Pains me to say it but England scored some cracking penalties in fairness .

Thought Turkey might have given England a better challenge but they imploded under the Dutch pressure and tactics .

Maybe football is coming home . BBC News are putting this game as the open headline on their broadcacasts , other world problems overlooked perhap for the next few days .

Please do not let England win this event . I will throw my tele in the skip .
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 321 viewssons_of_omri

He’s definitely as negative as Rice has been that’s for sure. England are Swansea lite
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 10:53 - Jul 7 with 280 viewsDr_Winston

Mbappe looks like a spent force the way France are trying to play.

Modern football tactical choices are resulting in exceedingly tedious games. I don't know where the revolution is coming from that will bin all the stats led crap that is driving all the fun out of the sport but it needs to come quickly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 13:36 - Jul 7 with 186 viewsJumpingJackFlash

England were considerably better but, listening to Lineker, Rio etc, they weren’t half as good as they were making out.
πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 185 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ England V Switzerland Coming home thread on 10:53 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

Mbappe looks like a spent force the way France are trying to play.

Modern football tactical choices are resulting in exceedingly tedious games. I don't know where the revolution is coming from that will bin all the stats led crap that is driving all the fun out of the sport but it needs to come quickly.

Whilst the results have been close,so see few outstanding individuals to get one off the seat .
Mbappe has been anonymous.
I suggest the standard really average .
If it were higher,then ,arguably, England would not have not got as far
Tedious it is but it’s summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024