Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner 09:22 - Jul 6 with 1495 viewsUTS1885

We don’t want this crap at St Mary’s 😐

Yes to a banner, but the ultra lettering has to go.
[Post edited 6 Jul 11:59]
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 09:41 - Jul 6 with 1459 viewsUTS1885

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:44]
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 10:08 - Jul 6 with 1414 views1teeminants

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 09:41 - Jul 6 by UTS1885

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:44]

I’ve noticed most grounds you visit these days have something like this going on .

I don’t see anything wrong with it. I welcome anything which try’s to improve the atmosphere etc. Let’s face it St Mary’s atmosphere has been pretty dire over the years mainly because all the singers were split up all over the place hopefully this will now change.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 10:12 - Jul 6 with 1405 viewsSaintNick

Although I tend to agree with you and this is sad that all of these initiatives are not from fan groups themselves, who show no sign of any form of organisation but the club itself, it has to be a good thing in terms of atmosphere, love or like the Palace ultras, they turned Selhurst Park from a morgue into one of the best atmospheres in the Premier League.

Back in 1994 the Ugly Inside along with SISA campaigned for the Archers Road end to be given to Saints fans and succeeded and it changed the atmosphere which to be honest had been poor for quite a few years prior to then.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 10:27 - Jul 6 with 1385 viewsdjsaint

It’s great, another step in improving the whole match day experience!
👏

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 11:49 - Jul 6 with 1284 viewsUTS1885

The font is problem and is used by far right nazi hooligans in Europe. Also the fact only northam stand get to vote is very wrong. If this improves you’re ’match day experience’ 🤪

Simple clean lettering with the badge etc that clubs use like Chelsea, Newcastle etc

The northam stand will be laughing stock, with sad gimps all wearing black.
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 12:57 - Jul 6 with 1204 viewsdjsaint

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 11:49 - Jul 6 by UTS1885

The font is problem and is used by far right nazi hooligans in Europe. Also the fact only northam stand get to vote is very wrong. If this improves you’re ’match day experience’ 🤪

Simple clean lettering with the badge etc that clubs use like Chelsea, Newcastle etc

The font has the odd letter in Old English!
The Northam have to display it so they should get to choose it!
You’d rather be like Chelsea or Newcastle, I’d rather us do things a little differently and be Saints!
“Laughing stock, Sad gimps wearing black” Better than anoraks, cardigans, flasks of tea and morons doing a dance to fire starter I suppose!
Embrace the change, don’t be such a pessimist!

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 14:05 - Jul 6 with 1143 viewscocklebreath

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 11:49 - Jul 6 by UTS1885

Moaning for the sake of moaning, it’s just a banner ffs. Everyone was moaning about the pre match stuff before the semi final, turned out great and really helped the atmosphere

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 18:49 - Jul 7 with 820 viewsUTS1885

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 14:05 - Jul 6 by cocklebreath

Moaning for the sake of moaning, it’s just a banner ffs. Everyone was moaning about the pre match stuff before the semi final, turned out great and really helped the atmosphere

Nothing wrong with a banner its just the designs are woeful and would be embarrassment inside St Marys.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 22:22 - Jul 7 with 720 viewscocklebreath

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA crowd banner on 18:49 - Jul 7 by UTS1885

Nothing wrong with a banner its just the designs are woeful and would be embarrassment inside St Marys.

Having looked yes they are bad, club badge with saints would do

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner on 12:12 - Jul 8 with 572 viewsfranniesTache

Those flags are f*cking awful, they look like they've been "designed" by a kid who's experience of football is playing FIFA on the computer and not someone that's ever been to games.
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner on 12:28 - Jul 8 with 557 viewsdjsaint

The club have stated the final banners may be subject to design changes.

Maybe that suggests there’s going to be more than one chosen and they’ll tweak things following feedback.

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner on 13:33 - Jul 8 with 523 viewsUTS1885

Keep it simple like other clubs with this sort of thing.

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 503 viewsfranniesTache

Why not do something that's actually half good?

Generally speaking in design less is more, personally i'd drop off a lot of the crap wording and go with something incredibly simplistic.

A line drawing of the cities major landmarks would be so much better than most of this stuff, or something similar to this

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 9 with 254 viewsdirk_doone

I like the sash background. As for the words how about, "We are Southampton, the Pride of the South".
[Post edited 9 Jul 10:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner on 10:46 - Jul 9 with 251 viewsareasix

I like to idea of a huge banner but it should read when the saints go marching in.
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner (n/t) on 10:52 - Jul 9 with 227 viewsgrumpy

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

I like the sash background. As for the words how about, "We are Southampton, the Pride of the South".

I like that one too,Dirk.
Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner (n/t) on 10:56 - Jul 9 with 220 viewsfranniesTache

Oh dear Northam Stand getting an ULTRA Crowd Banner (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

The problem with the Sash is you'll never have a "clean" area for text so it'll always look messy, it's actually really hard to do a good design across a sash, unless you cut out part of the background to accommodate it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024