Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints sign Wood 21:40 - Jul 5 with 872 viewsSouthamptonfan

A Swansea player who has never played PL football? A player from Peterborough from league one to PL. Am I missing something here? Should we not be signing trued and tested PL players? I really think we need a top 40 million pound striker, an experienced defender and a play maker if we are to survive in the brutal PL we are about to face.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Saints sign Wood on 22:02 - Jul 5 with 834 viewsButty101

Couldnt agree more, we dont need ones for the future, or ones that take time to get up to speed.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints sign Wood on 22:22 - Jul 5 with 792 viewskernow

You may be proved right but I’m happy to wait and see and welcome young British players being given an opportunity.
We’ve wasted far too much money on foreign players who don’t really want to be here.
Saints sign Wood on 05:40 - Jul 6 with 631 viewssaint22

You know exactly how it’s going to go
We need proven CB keeper midfielder striker
Players we were linked with all heading to other clubs
Saints sign Wood on 06:26 - Jul 6 with 610 viewseastlondonsaint

Good signing, - England under 21 player. Still plenty of time till the window shuts. Impressed with the way the club has conducted business so far, not sure why some are moaning (yet).

"Sit down Bullseye"

Saints sign Wood on 06:37 - Jul 6 with 599 viewsSalisburySaint

Saints sign Wood on 06:26 - Jul 6 by eastlondonsaint

Good signing, - England under 21 player. Still plenty of time till the window shuts. Impressed with the way the club has conducted business so far, not sure why some are moaning (yet).

I think Saints are doing the right thing, buying young players with plenty of league experience, as opposed to playing academy football, all be it at a lower league level, but also brought in experience with Lallana and Taylor

I’m sure there will be plenty of others coming and going out in in next few weeks

The most important thing is we are doing these deals early, so hopefully we will be well prepared for the start of the season.
Saints sign Wood on 07:04 - Jul 6 with 583 viewsCity_boy

The transfer window is going to be a difficult one for Saints. We all know we need to add strength all over the park from Keeper, CB's, defender and strikers. To get the proven quality at this level will cost a lot, and if we go down this road we will fall foul of FFP rules (even if we had the money).

I am pleased with Saints getting their business done early, as it will take time to mould them into Martin's way of playing.

Looking at the signing so far, they look like good business, and if reports are to be believed a number of clubs were also interested.

We are going to have to accept that it will be a case of buying some senior players and unproven quality players.
[Post edited 6 Jul 7:05]
Saints sign Wood on 07:46 - Jul 6 with 547 viewsWaylander

If you think we're going to spend £40M on a striker you need to stop smoking that stuff
Saints sign Wood on 07:51 - Jul 6 with 536 viewsTripleNiemi

Happy to wait until some games have been played before passing judgement.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Saints sign Wood on 08:53 - Jul 6 with 496 views1teeminants

Sometimes saints just get a signing bang on before the bigger clubs come sniffing.

Be honest who’d heard of Mark Wright bought from Oxford, Marian Pahars , Sadio Mane or Dusan Tadic before they came here ?

Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough was wanted by spurs and other premier league clubs but we got in there quick. He has also just been voted their best ever defender in history by fans. Take a look.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/is-ronnie

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints sign Wood on 11:10 - Jul 6 with 416 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints sign Wood on 08:53 - Jul 6 by 1teeminants

Sometimes saints just get a signing bang on before the bigger clubs come sniffing.

Be honest who’d heard of Mark Wright bought from Oxford, Marian Pahars , Sadio Mane or Dusan Tadic before they came here ?

Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough was wanted by spurs and other premier league clubs but we got in there quick. He has also just been voted their best ever defender in history by fans. Take a look.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/is-ronnie

Maybe and let's hope he's good in the PL. But he hasn't ever faced PL strikers, so I don't know how being good against league one strikers is proof he will be good against PL strikers. Great to get him in now as potential yes, and great to get in young British players, all for that but we need some PL quality too IMO. The PL is ruthless.

Tadic had played for Feyenoord and in champions league games before coming to us I believe. Same with Mane. They were established internationals. We aren't buying players of proven quality like them, with experience in the top leagues, more young players with potential. Edwards could get get torn apart by Haaland and the like we don't know, he hasn't ever faced him. Didn't we go down that road, the last time we were in the PL? Bazunu, Larios, Edozie, Mara, Bella Kotchap, Sulemana as well as Lavia ofcourse. All for a total of about 60 million. I think it could be better spent on one or two proven quality rather than ten players with potential.
[Post edited 6 Jul 11:15]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Saints sign Wood on 12:11 - Jul 6 with 361 views1teeminants

Saints sign Wood on 11:10 - Jul 6 by Southamptonfan

Maybe and let's hope he's good in the PL. But he hasn't ever faced PL strikers, so I don't know how being good against league one strikers is proof he will be good against PL strikers. Great to get him in now as potential yes, and great to get in young British players, all for that but we need some PL quality too IMO. The PL is ruthless.

Tadic had played for Feyenoord and in champions league games before coming to us I believe. Same with Mane. They were established internationals. We aren't buying players of proven quality like them, with experience in the top leagues, more young players with potential. Edwards could get get torn apart by Haaland and the like we don't know, he hasn't ever faced him. Didn't we go down that road, the last time we were in the PL? Bazunu, Larios, Edozie, Mara, Bella Kotchap, Sulemana as well as Lavia ofcourse. All for a total of about 60 million. I think it could be better spent on one or two proven quality rather than ten players with potential.
[Post edited 6 Jul 11:15]

As others have said I’m glad they’re doing business early. We can’t go out and buy superstars everyone knows that .

Dragan Slovak our owner has said that Saints need to buy good experienced players before this season kicks off as well as youngsters. He admitted they have made mistakes in the past and they won’t just buy kids.

Let’s see what happens.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024