Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? 09:24 - Jun 19 with 4937 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Despite talk of a supermajority and Labour triumphantly sweeping in on a wave of votes on July 4th the latest yougov poll has them only sitting on 36% which is a whole 4% lower than the percentage Corbyn achieved in 2017.

https://yougov.co.uk/elections/uk/2024

If this poll is accurate it’s a quite pathetic performance from Starmer, Rayner et al. you would think or hope that they would be taking full advantage of the disarray in the Tory ranks and we’d be seeing a surge in Labour voting intention. But there seems little appetite to vote for Labour either. They’re losing support if anything.

It’s quite a sorry state of affairs all around to be honest.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:52 - Jun 19 with 658 viewsWingstandwood

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:30 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

The Labour Party are no longer the party we knew prior to Michael Foot, the real opposition for the ‘working class’ and also in Govt. Callaghan, Wilson, Benn are history. The party now is no different to the Tory’s. More importantly Tory MP’s are defecting to Reform UK, four yesterday, there’s a revolution in UK politics happening. And as long as the left describe Reform as Nazi’s, fascists and other unsuitable descriptions, the more people will laugh at them and their desperation to undermine what real fascists are.

Indeed something very profound and remarkable is happening!

Argus!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 645 viewsWingstandwood

And here is a rather candid opinion from a senior high ranking Conservtaive, which backs everything up even further.

QUOTE: Tory peer and ex-chief Brexit negotiator Lord Frost says Nigel Farage standing in the election is “squeezing our vote”.

“It’s killed off our efforts to squeeze the Reform vote, which was clearly the strategy at the start of the election. It’s not worked.”END OF QUOTE

Argus!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:39 - Jun 19 with 576 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who has paid any attention to the by-elections that have happened over the last couple of years could tell you this. Labours vote has barely increased anywhere. It's even gone down in a few places.

There will be those who voted Labour during the Corbyn years and bumped up their numbers in polling who have now switched to the Greens, and some will no doubt attach themselves to their local Ronnie Job types. Very, very few who voted for the Tories under Johnson have swapped to Labour. They're either not voting at all or going to Reform.

Labour will win because the Conservative vote has collapsed, not because theirs has grown.
[Post edited 19 Jun 14:40]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:46 - Jun 19 with 571 viewsbuilthjack

Jeezus wept there are some bitter tory Kents on here making all sorts of excuses.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:55 - Jun 19 with 553 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:46 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Jeezus wept there are some bitter tory Kents on here making all sorts of excuses.

Thank you again for that highly informative and intellectually stimulating point.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:59 - Jun 19 with 549 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 14:55 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Thank you again for that highly informative and intellectually stimulating point.

It's my Secretaries pleasure.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:18 - Jun 19 with 519 viewsjohnlangy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:48 - Jun 19 by raynor94

I have no time for Sunak or Tories, but do you honestly belive things will be better under Starmer,he has got to be the most uninspiring leader I can remember.

Starmer isn't winning the Election the Tories are doing a grand job In handing it to him on a plate

Well I honestly believe things will be better under Starmer.

You're right, he isn't inspiring and the Tories are doing their best to lose it. But the fact that he's uninspiring doesn't alter the fact that he's done a fantastic job in turning around the Labour party after JC's disastrous efforts.

So maybe he'll do a very good job of running the country.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? (n/t) on 16:35 - Jun 19 with 506 viewsmax936

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:48 - Jun 19 by raynor94

I have no time for Sunak or Tories, but do you honestly belive things will be better under Starmer,he has got to be the most uninspiring leader I can remember.

Starmer isn't winning the Election the Tories are doing a grand job In handing it to him on a plate

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:56 - Jun 19 with 501 viewsonehunglow

Less the insults
If they want to vote,it’s their right
Free elections
Free

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:05 - Jun 19 with 496 viewsFlashberryjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:55 - Jun 19 by Scotia

Things will be better under Starmer for the sole reason that they can't be worse. The Tories over the last 14 years have probably beeen the worst government in UK history.

Starmer doesn't need to do anything except site back and watch the catostrophe of the Tories play out in front of him.

I'd like to think that now Farage has started spouting BS he'll step up to the mark.

"Things will be better under Starmer for the sole reason that they can't be worse"

With Starmer, Rayner, Lammy, Miliband, and Thornberry running the show, I'm not so sure mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:27 - Jun 19 with 485 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:31 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Right.

Do you disagree then?

For what it's worth I think apathy is taking over, Labour are not surging forward it's just the tories are so bad people are turning away from them. Starmer has been happy to let the tories shoot themselves. I said ages ago he should be going for their jugular but he's too much of a wet lettuce. At least Corbyn had the instinct to go for them.
Starmer is a stay in the trenches general, its safe here boys kind of approach. Corbyn went over the top, literally. I think the turnout might be quite low this election.

Al that is bearing in mind I don't trust the polls.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:36 - Jun 19 with 474 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 16:18 - Jun 19 by johnlangy

Well I honestly believe things will be better under Starmer.

You're right, he isn't inspiring and the Tories are doing their best to lose it. But the fact that he's uninspiring doesn't alter the fact that he's done a fantastic job in turning around the Labour party after JC's disastrous efforts.

So maybe he'll do a very good job of running the country.

Well the poll suggests Labour are worse off, supporter wise. Not such a fantastic job?

It is just Starmer's good fortune that the tories are so utterly crap while he's Labour's leader. After 14 years of this tory nonsense I'd say a Corbyn led Labour would be doing better because at least he nailed his colours to the mast and stuck with them, a man of principles even if I disagreed with quite a few of them.

Starmer is happy to let the tories lose rather than try to force the win.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:54 - Jun 19 with 467 viewsSullutaCreturned

I've told you before, having a go at Labour doesn't make you a tory.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:04 - Jun 19 with 466 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:54 - Jun 19 by SullutaCreturned

I've told you before, having a go at Labour doesn't make you a tory.

You’re not a Ztory bit are you Cat

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:31 - Jun 19 with 442 viewsjohnlangy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:36 - Jun 19 by SullutaCreturned

Well the poll suggests Labour are worse off, supporter wise. Not such a fantastic job?

It is just Starmer's good fortune that the tories are so utterly crap while he's Labour's leader. After 14 years of this tory nonsense I'd say a Corbyn led Labour would be doing better because at least he nailed his colours to the mast and stuck with them, a man of principles even if I disagreed with quite a few of them.

Starmer is happy to let the tories lose rather than try to force the win.

Yes cat that poll doesn't show a great support for Labour even though it's still around twice the Tory vote.

But as far as I can see, out of all the polls taken JON has picked the one with the worst numbers for Labour. Even the Telegraph tracker as of today puts them at 43%.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:33 - Jun 19 with 409 viewsraynor94

Seriously what a sad contribution, you don't have to be a Tory to have grave doubts about Starmer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 20:12 - Jun 19 with 377 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 18:31 - Jun 19 by johnlangy

Yes cat that poll doesn't show a great support for Labour even though it's still around twice the Tory vote.

But as far as I can see, out of all the polls taken JON has picked the one with the worst numbers for Labour. Even the Telegraph tracker as of today puts them at 43%.

None of these polls re really accurate and if they get close it's only a matter of luck.

They choose their audience then afterwards, they "weight" the results to give the answers the question asker wants. Then the question asker sends those tainted results out into the world to prove what they say is true.

That is my cynical view of polls.

take the poll that put Reform at 19%, is it accurate? Will Reform get anywhere near 19% of the vote? Or will they get more?
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:22 - Jun 19 with 344 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 19:33 - Jun 19 by raynor94

Seriously what a sad contribution, you don't have to be a Tory to have grave doubts about Starmer

After 14 years of the worst govt this country has ever known, instead of admitting it, you and a few others just attack Starmer, who hasn’t been in power a single day.
Incredible. It really is.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:27 - Jun 19 with 341 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 17:27 - Jun 19 by SullutaCreturned

Do you disagree then?

For what it's worth I think apathy is taking over, Labour are not surging forward it's just the tories are so bad people are turning away from them. Starmer has been happy to let the tories shoot themselves. I said ages ago he should be going for their jugular but he's too much of a wet lettuce. At least Corbyn had the instinct to go for them.
Starmer is a stay in the trenches general, its safe here boys kind of approach. Corbyn went over the top, literally. I think the turnout might be quite low this election.

Al that is bearing in mind I don't trust the polls.

Dear me. Surely you know that the last 14 years have been the worst in your lifetime.
Starmer is doing what he needs to do. He doesn’t have to shout and scream.
He will deliver when he gets on power . He won’t mess up like the Tories have. He won’t tell lies like they have.
Labour are at least 20% ahead over most of the country.
It’s not decided by the few on here who listen to the Tory press every day.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:46 - Jun 19 with 332 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:27 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Dear me. Surely you know that the last 14 years have been the worst in your lifetime.
Starmer is doing what he needs to do. He doesn’t have to shout and scream.
He will deliver when he gets on power . He won’t mess up like the Tories have. He won’t tell lies like they have.
Labour are at least 20% ahead over most of the country.
It’s not decided by the few on here who listen to the Tory press every day.

Ken.
That first sentence .
Have a rethink and delete it .

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:53 - Jun 19 with 329 viewspencoedjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:30 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

So we shouldn’t be free to analyse or highlight the obvious shortcomings of the party that is likely to form the government for the next decade at least because you said so?

No. It’s important we talk about how shite they are.

He thinks Labour are doing a good job in Wales so there lies your answer👍
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:17 - Jun 19 with 290 viewsraynor94

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 21:22 - Jun 19 by builthjack

After 14 years of the worst govt this country has ever known, instead of admitting it, you and a few others just attack Starmer, who hasn’t been in power a single day.
Incredible. It really is.

It's not attacking Starmer it's having grave doubts about his leadership, and he's doing nothing to convince me he will be a good leader.

And you can lay a lot of the blame on 14 years at the door of Corbyn, a man Starmer backed at the last election

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:34 - Jun 19 with 286 viewsjohnlangy

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:17 - Jun 19 by raynor94

It's not attacking Starmer it's having grave doubts about his leadership, and he's doing nothing to convince me he will be a good leader.

And you can lay a lot of the blame on 14 years at the door of Corbyn, a man Starmer backed at the last election

Pardon ? At the door of Corbyn !
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 22:59 - Jun 19 with 269 viewsbuilthjack

Bloody hell. You are blaming Corbyn for 14 years of Tory absolute disaster.
Wow. That’s a new low.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 23:21 - Jun 19 with 249 viewsDJack

Christ on a bike Rayns!

Two things.

What the heck did Corbyn to run the country for 14 years. Answer is NOTHING, he had nothing to do with the last 14 years of abject mis-management by the Tories.

And why wouldn't Starmer back his part's leader for an election? Right wing parties all over the planet get behind their leader and nothing is said but when a centrist gets behind his party's leader (a lefty) they are to be blamed for the ruling party's failings.

You are sounding as one-eyed as Felix or Flash. Wow, just wow!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024