Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Sack John Eustace 10:46 - Oct 9 with 17952 viewsrbee

Another of our relegation rivals pull the trigger.

Wayne Rooney in the running to replace John.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:32 - Oct 9 with 4429 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:15 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, the guy's clearly a lifesaver - and with all the charisma of a melting snowman! What exactly did he 'achieve' at QPR again? I think some people's brains here are turning to scrambled eggs.

Who's on your list then SE?
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:38 - Oct 9 with 4370 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I recall Eustace being in charge for a game when Warburton was having knee op I think. The team had not started the season well, but we went Birmingham, ironically, drew 0-0 and should won.

I remember saying to my boy that he had set the team up very well, difficult to break down, reduced spaces when defending and that it was our best performance of the season.

I'd have him back in a heart beat, he should of got the job rather that snake Beale. Yet again though, that ship has sailed.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:39 - Oct 9 with 4370 viewsMonkey_Roots

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:32 - Oct 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

Holloway.

SE started a thread on it...
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:54 - Oct 9 with 4259 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:39 - Oct 9 by Monkey_Roots

Holloway.

SE started a thread on it...

Riggght.

But it's everyone else that's walking around with scrambled eggs in their heads?
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 15:05 - Oct 9 with 4197 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:54 - Oct 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

Riggght.

But it's everyone else that's walking around with scrambled eggs in their heads?

Correct.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 15:29 - Oct 9 with 4013 viewscolinallcars

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:54 - Oct 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

Riggght.

When my brother was in the navy, they used to call the golden decorations on officers' caps Scrambled Egg.
In a derogatory vein of course.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 15:38 - Oct 9 with 3919 viewsLazyFan

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:38 - Oct 9 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I recall Eustace being in charge for a game when Warburton was having knee op I think. The team had not started the season well, but we went Birmingham, ironically, drew 0-0 and should won.

I remember saying to my boy that he had set the team up very well, difficult to break down, reduced spaces when defending and that it was our best performance of the season.

I'd have him back in a heart beat, he should of got the job rather that snake Beale. Yet again though, that ship has sailed.

I remember that game. It was Eustace who set us up nicely. It was a totally different attitude formation. It looked very professional.

zzzzzzzzzz

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 3644 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:31 - Oct 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-potter-ruled-o

Ruled himself out.

Potter just inherited a boatload of money from that Chelsea adventure and is probably going to wait for a PL opening in the new year when teams panic with religation form.
The Scottish league and Championship would not appeal to him or his advisors IMO once he made his name and despite his Chelsea nightmare he is way above that .
John Eustace knows our boys but the sad question remains ,would they respect and play for him if GA gets the chop.
Lots of posters on LFW including myself were hoping for a complete purge in the summer and a fresh energetic new season but its business as usual predictably .
Treating life long fans to this pathetic effort is criminal so it needs to end this week
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 17:02 - Oct 9 with 3557 viewsNorthantsHoop

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 16:44 - Oct 9 by CLAREMAN1995

Potter just inherited a boatload of money from that Chelsea adventure and is probably going to wait for a PL opening in the new year when teams panic with religation form.
The Scottish league and Championship would not appeal to him or his advisors IMO once he made his name and despite his Chelsea nightmare he is way above that .
John Eustace knows our boys but the sad question remains ,would they respect and play for him if GA gets the chop.
Lots of posters on LFW including myself were hoping for a complete purge in the summer and a fresh energetic new season but its business as usual predictably .
Treating life long fans to this pathetic effort is criminal so it needs to end this week

I am really dreading the Leicester home game, in fact the rest of what is turning out to be a depressing season. If I am honest even though I go to all home games when Warburton got the chop all standards left the building. I fancied a Eustace/Warburton coach and DoF team 18 months ago, but no we got chancer Beale and now we just have a heritage ageing rocker as manager, all very sad.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 18:36 - Oct 9 with 3299 viewspaulparker

I must have been in a coma for the last few years as I missed this dynamic managerial geniuses who were the re incarnation of Clough & Taylor , are people seriously wanting Warburton as DOF , the same fella who wasted our budget on Sanderson, Gray & Hendrick ?
They did a decent job that’s it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 20:00 - Oct 9 with 3097 viewsactonman

Hmm , I’m not so sure on eustace ? I think it might be a case of right man wrong time ! We really need someone in with experience and natural respect to hit the ground running (yes I know we have no stock or money to attract such personnel) but would fear another ainsworth or critchley situation.
Having said that I think we will stick with ainsworth for another couple of defeats and eustace along with anyone else with any self respect won’t be available or come anywhere near us anyway
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 20:16 - Oct 9 with 3035 viewsSommerbreeze

in, i think 2019, i met John Eustace at the training ground when i was getting a tour. he was in whatever you call the video room and had just finished a talk about Ipswich, who we were playing away that weekend. i don't know much about tactics but asked him what sort of thing he had said and he showed me two videos - one where he thought Ipswich were defensively weak, and one where he thought they were offensively strong. he told me the - very simple - ideas he had for dealing with both situations. i went to the game that saturday and we scored one exactly as he said we would and dealt with the attacking threats brilliantly. anecdotal, but from that moment on i've always thought if he could explain to me - an idiot - what was going on, and i understood it, then he must be great for a room of professionals.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:03 - Oct 9 with 2866 viewsHoopsie

Eustace?

We need a manager / coach that has all these attributes

- a motivator - can make players ten feet tall, run through walls
- a tactician - play to squad strength, organise team defensively and offensively, can change things in game and respond, got a plan b
- club no money, no problem, can work with the squad inherited
- not a QPR legend, a big NO
- play the academy players, bring in yoof
- loyalty and integrity, won’t ditch us and leave us in a stitch
- won’t throw players under the bus
- be honest with the fans about injuries and availability- we need to know
- speak well in interviews, don’t repeat same old same old
- above all else - just keep us in the championship

If all these are aligned, then we found our gem of a manager, easy

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:13 - Oct 9 with 2815 viewscolinallcars

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:03 - Oct 9 by Hoopsie

Eustace?

We need a manager / coach that has all these attributes

- a motivator - can make players ten feet tall, run through walls
- a tactician - play to squad strength, organise team defensively and offensively, can change things in game and respond, got a plan b
- club no money, no problem, can work with the squad inherited
- not a QPR legend, a big NO
- play the academy players, bring in yoof
- loyalty and integrity, won’t ditch us and leave us in a stitch
- won’t throw players under the bus
- be honest with the fans about injuries and availability- we need to know
- speak well in interviews, don’t repeat same old same old
- above all else - just keep us in the championship

If all these are aligned, then we found our gem of a manager, easy

Blimey, you don't want much do you ?
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:50 - Oct 9 with 2678 viewsstainrods_elbow

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:32 - Oct 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm damned if I know.

As others are saying, who apart from a near-certifiable ex like Ollie would remotely consider it? And I also no longer trust our board/owners/CEO to so much as hold a pencil to write the shortlist. It honestly feels like the whole club is in the grip of something almost spiritually corrosive. It wouldn't surprise me if the next club video involved grainy footage of Taylor Richards gobbing out green goo while strapped to the physio's table.

As for our manager, I don't want Warburton or Warnock, but I do want to go to War with this f*eckin' club right now. Meanwhile, the prospect of the Leicester game is giving me chills.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:52 - Oct 9 with 2671 viewsstainrods_elbow

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 15:05 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Correct.

Sorry if some of the irony-free posters on here didn't realise my tongue was at least partly lodged in my cheek. Should I signal that I like to make a modicum of mischief next time for the mentally challenged?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 00:30 - Oct 10 with 2512 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 21:52 - Oct 9 by stainrods_elbow

Sorry if some of the irony-free posters on here didn't realise my tongue was at least partly lodged in my cheek. Should I signal that I like to make a modicum of mischief next time for the mentally challenged?

Maybe if you stopped referring to other QPR fans, many of whom actually go to the games, as "mentally challenged", among many other things, you might elicit a more understanding and benefit-of-the-doubt approach in return.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:55 - Oct 11 with 1955 viewsHayesender

Confirmed name change for Birmingham City fc. They shall now be known as Wayne Rooneys Birmingham

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 12:02 - Oct 11 with 1922 viewsCamberleyR

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 11:55 - Oct 11 by Hayesender

Confirmed name change for Birmingham City fc. They shall now be known as Wayne Rooneys Birmingham

WRBCFC

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:02 - Oct 11 with 1734 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12980921/wayne-rooney-birmingham-c

Smells like a trout farm in here

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:39 - Oct 11 with 1595 viewsted_hendrix

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:02 - Oct 11 by HAYESBOY

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12980921/wayne-rooney-birmingham-c

Football Is proper crap now, a bloke (Eustace) Is doing a pretty decnt job so he gets sacked to make way for bloody potato head, yep bloody Rooney the most successful football Manager in the whole universe.
If ever there Is any moral justice In the world then please, please let Birmigham City get relegated.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:52 - Oct 11 with 1534 viewsLandshark

I wonder how these kind of deals work.

A week ago Rooney was managing a team, and Birmingham had a manager doing well. Do the representatives of Rooney start putting feelers out to different teams saying he's home sick and wants to leave his job or is Birmingham so disappointed with being sixth that they are actively approaching managers asking them to join?
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 1492 viewsHayesender

Sky are gonna be all over it when WRBCFC play Rebekah Vardys Leicester City. They should stick it on sky drama

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 1494 viewsNorthernr

One thing we do know now is that Birmingham really do not like being sixth in the Championship. It's apparently an immediate sackable.
Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 1437 viewsstainrods_elbow

Birmingham Sack John Eustace on 00:30 - Oct 10 by Northernr

Maybe if you stopped referring to other QPR fans, many of whom actually go to the games, as "mentally challenged", among many other things, you might elicit a more understanding and benefit-of-the-doubt approach in return.

Sorry, Clive, I know it's only a football message board and not a literary salon in Weimar Germany, but when people wilfully misread things, or can't read, or don't grasp irony, I get a bit irked and it sharpens my tongue. I love everyone really.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 14:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024