Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's End of Season Statement 14:14 - May 6 with 10464 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/may/chairmanstatement_060523/
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:40 - May 19 with 3377 viewsSuddenLad

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:25 - May 19 by 442Dale

It’s ok, they are most certainly reengaging with the fanbase.

People are getting bored of it all now.

The recent Trust statement included details of the the Q&A session, in which the club said that the season ticket situation would be announced 'before the end of the month'

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:51 - May 19 with 3319 viewsClivert

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:40 - May 19 by SuddenLad

The recent Trust statement included details of the the Q&A session, in which the club said that the season ticket situation would be announced 'before the end of the month'

Does saying that it's the 'same' count?

31st May during the half term week and I'm on holiday with the family that week will be when they announce details.

The £245 that I've saved and that I paid for last season that DDB and 442 both googled (thank you to you both) will be spent that week.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:52 - May 19 with 3311 views442Dale

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:40 - May 19 by SuddenLad

Indeed. Days, months, they pass without you noticing at times.

Apathy not annoyance will become the biggest problem for the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 22:15 - May 19 with 3224 viewsDalenet

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:14 - May 19 by Clivert

So a fortnight on from the Chairman telling us that Season Card prices will remain the 'same' we've still had no clear cut news about 'Early Bird Prices', 'Country Season Tickets', any deals to entice friends or part timers (like what I'm going to become) and offers for kids.

They really do care.

Not sure we had early bird prices last year. And June is hardly early bird territory. I think we'll see a set of prices and have 8 weeks to buy.
Interesting that the club remains worried about a lack of income. Yet had we started selling season tickets a month ago they could be earning a bit of interest on the funds for a couple of months.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 12:02 - May 22 with 2782 viewsDaleiLama

Pre-season fixture announced before SCs come on sale.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:34 - May 22 with 2386 viewswozzrafc

I may be wrong but I don’t think we have had early bird prices for a number of years. Eve since the days of Russell Greens reduced season ticket promotion.

However given that it is likely that the prices will be the same as last season, which will still be one of the cheapest in the national league how much more do people want the club to knock off?

Yes we have to start selling season tickets as soon as possible but at the prices they are at now talk of having early discount prices is nonsense. Unless you are suggesting after the early bird period we raise the prices above last years?

If the club did that they would probably be slaughtered on here.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:37 - May 22 with 2274 viewsEllDale

Personally I wouldn’t have minded if the price of season tickets had gone up.
They’ve been relatively cheap for the last few years even though the entertainment value hasn’t been great either at times.
When you renew your Trust membership there is an option to make a donation at the same time.
When that be a fund raising option when buying a season ticket?
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 09:11 - May 23 with 2010 viewsChaffRAFC

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 20:34 - May 22 by wozzrafc

I may be wrong but I don’t think we have had early bird prices for a number of years. Eve since the days of Russell Greens reduced season ticket promotion.

However given that it is likely that the prices will be the same as last season, which will still be one of the cheapest in the national league how much more do people want the club to knock off?

Yes we have to start selling season tickets as soon as possible but at the prices they are at now talk of having early discount prices is nonsense. Unless you are suggesting after the early bird period we raise the prices above last years?

If the club did that they would probably be slaughtered on here.

Not one of the cheapest in the National League, THE cheapest

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 10:14 - May 23 with 1878 viewsA_Newby

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 21:37 - May 22 by EllDale

Personally I wouldn’t have minded if the price of season tickets had gone up.
They’ve been relatively cheap for the last few years even though the entertainment value hasn’t been great either at times.
When you renew your Trust membership there is an option to make a donation at the same time.
When that be a fund raising option when buying a season ticket?

I agree about being willing to pay a little more for a season card, I have thought for a while that they are cheap in comparison to others.

I have commented on different threads about Russ Green’s well intentioned season card scheme to raise the number of fans attending matches and the unintended negative consequences on the club’s income.

Although a high playing budget does not guarantee success in a league, other factors such as how well a playing budget is deployed have equal or sometimes greater importance, however generally the teams with the larger budgets tend to do better than those with lower playing budgets.

I include the link below as it is from research on playing budgets by the Dale’s consultants MRKT insights.

https://mrktinsights.com/index.php/2022/06/21/spending-your-way-to-success-an-in

I also contacted the club regarding the age categories for season cards at the Dale compared to other clubs and how we have a massive price jump for anyone going from age 21 to 22 which other clubs avoid by having a “young adult” category between youth and adult.

I hope that this is one of the things that the board are considering with the delay in selling season cards.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 13:36 - May 23 with 1533 viewspioneer

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 10:14 - May 23 by A_Newby

I agree about being willing to pay a little more for a season card, I have thought for a while that they are cheap in comparison to others.

I have commented on different threads about Russ Green’s well intentioned season card scheme to raise the number of fans attending matches and the unintended negative consequences on the club’s income.

Although a high playing budget does not guarantee success in a league, other factors such as how well a playing budget is deployed have equal or sometimes greater importance, however generally the teams with the larger budgets tend to do better than those with lower playing budgets.

I include the link below as it is from research on playing budgets by the Dale’s consultants MRKT insights.

https://mrktinsights.com/index.php/2022/06/21/spending-your-way-to-success-an-in

I also contacted the club regarding the age categories for season cards at the Dale compared to other clubs and how we have a massive price jump for anyone going from age 21 to 22 which other clubs avoid by having a “young adult” category between youth and adult.

I hope that this is one of the things that the board are considering with the delay in selling season cards.

Oh dear….if that is the quality of work by our consultants we are in big trouble. They correlate (or associate) two variables and assume differences in one cause differences in the other. They miss the possibility of ‘reverse causality’ ( higher position leads to larger budget, through among other things greater prize money, attendances, sponsorship, TV etc) or the possibility of an unidentified third variable causing changes in both the variables they measure (spurious correlation).

Looks like they gave a first year statistics student an exercise to do to keep him or her busy.

Whatever we are paying these folks, its too much.
Chairman's End of Season Statement on 14:39 - May 23 with 1443 views49thseason

Chairman's End of Season Statement on 13:36 - May 23 by pioneer

Oh dear….if that is the quality of work by our consultants we are in big trouble. They correlate (or associate) two variables and assume differences in one cause differences in the other. They miss the possibility of ‘reverse causality’ ( higher position leads to larger budget, through among other things greater prize money, attendances, sponsorship, TV etc) or the possibility of an unidentified third variable causing changes in both the variables they measure (spurious correlation).

Looks like they gave a first year statistics student an exercise to do to keep him or her busy.

Whatever we are paying these folks, its too much.

if this information comes from year end accounts, the budgets will be year end figures and as such will reflect actual spend by department as far as it is possible to gauge it. If crowds went up and more money was spent on players, that will be reflected in the Y.E. figures. Each of the categories of income you mention will also be included in the figures somewhere. It is admitted in the pre-amble, there are a number of assumptions in their figures.
I imagine that the numbers we provide will be much more accurate and better categorised than in the accounts so you would hope their presentations and suggestions will be much more personalised for the Club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024