Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PPE VIP lane 11:21 - Nov 25 with 1403 viewsbritferry

Revelations in The Guardian about Michelle Mone — claims that she and her children secretly received £29m originating from the profits of a PPE business that was awarded large government contracts after she recommended it to ministers. They also clearly highlight the conflicts of interest and failures of due diligence that lay behind the waste of billions of pounds of taxpayers’ money, and a Tory “VIP lane” that was declared illegal by the high court earlier this year.

We learn that PPE Medpro was given £203m to supply face masks and sterile surgical gowns at the height of the pandemic. Lady Mone, a Tory peer, referred PPE MedPro to the Cabinet Office in May 2020, five days before it was even registered as a company. She contacted the then ministers Michael Gove and fellow Conservative peer Lord Agnew, offering to supply PPE — for a price. Lord Agnew referred PPE Medpro to the “VIP lane”, fast-tracking the bid for public contracts.

It now appears that tens of millions of pounds from those contracts ended up in offshore accounts connected to the individuals involved.

There are, rightly, separate questions for Mone to answer about her previous denials of involvement in PPE Medpro and her apparent failure to declare it. When asked about this omission, her lawyer replied: “Baroness Mone did not declare any interest as she did not benefit financially and was not connected to PPE Medpro in any capacity.” The Guardian’s latest revelations cast doubt on this claim, raising serious questions about this apparent conflict of interest and what the government knew at the time.

What the government has not denied is that a Conservative politician apparently benefited personally and financially from her connection to a business that was awarded substantial government contracts as a result of her lobbying by a backdoor route not available to others.

This government has written off more than £9bn alone on PPE that was procured with public money and then deemed unfit for use — unusable, overpriced or undelivered. These were the gloves, goggles and gowns that were needed on the frontline in the NHS and care when nurses were left wearing bin bags instead.

Allegedly, £29m in profits were placed in an off-shore account for Lady Mone and her family to use. And best of all, the PPE they supplied was useless.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

PPE VIP lane on 12:10 - Nov 25 with 1364 viewsWingstandwood

Greedy cow! For some people there just is not enough money!

Argus!

PPE VIP lane on 10:46 - Nov 26 with 1262 viewsmax936

Felix will shortly be along to dispute that, well Labour, blah, blah, blah......

That's a massive part of why this Country is in the massive financial mess it find's itself in and that the poor old Tax payers have to pay for, disgusting slime balls.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

PPE VIP lane on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 1254 viewsmajorraglan

This is a story that’s been brewing for a while, but more and more is starting to emerge. I’m sure the government will try to shut down this investigation because the ramifications are huge got them. A huge chunk of cash had been wasted and now it appears it’s offshore, meanwhile we’re getting hammered re tea increases.

Drakers was hammered over the money from on the M4 report re Newport, this is almost double that snd there’s another £9bn wasted on top of that. People should be looking at jail.
PPE VIP lane on 11:48 - Nov 26 with 1236 viewsWingstandwood

PPE VIP lane on 11:05 - Nov 26 by majorraglan

This is a story that’s been brewing for a while, but more and more is starting to emerge. I’m sure the government will try to shut down this investigation because the ramifications are huge got them. A huge chunk of cash had been wasted and now it appears it’s offshore, meanwhile we’re getting hammered re tea increases.

Drakers was hammered over the money from on the M4 report re Newport, this is almost double that snd there’s another £9bn wasted on top of that. People should be looking at jail.

To make matters even worse.... The greedy cow as a billionaire husband who is also alleged to be involved in this! Isn't over a billion enough for em to live on?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11470591/Tory-peer-Michelle-Mone-billio
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/inside-10m-yacht-linked-mich

Argus!

PPE VIP lane on 12:40 - Nov 26 with 1224 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Lock them up.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

PPE VIP lane on 12:53 - Nov 26 with 1215 viewsmax936

PPE VIP lane on 12:40 - Nov 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Lock them up.

Never happen, look at the corruption and fraud that happens amongst "the elite" f'all ever gets done about it. Criminally Scandalous.

PPE VIP lane on 12:59 - Nov 26 with 1208 viewsBoundy

PPE VIP lane on 12:53 - Nov 26 by max936

Never happen, look at the corruption and fraud that happens amongst "the elite" f'all ever gets done about it. Criminally Scandalous.

Well I hope the public have long memories, I could be wrong but I can’t recall any period in the political history of this country has so much financial irregularities has occurred.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

PPE VIP lane on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 1204 viewsCatullus

PPE VIP lane on 11:05 - Nov 26 by majorraglan

Absolutely right. Mone is already rich, she is as greddy as it gets. Too much is never enough, a phrase I have used often.

Maybe some wag will be along to accuse me of being jealous which is what has happened when I've moaned about footballers wages. I'm far from jealous of Mone, in the first instance she had wored hard to build a business but now what she's done, what uite a few Tory politicains have done is without a doubt criminal.

Maybe this is why several tory MP's have been saying they are quitting before the next election, they actually have some scruples and can see what their colleagues have done? I've not read it as a reason but who knows?

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/tory-mps-quit-general-e

Anyway, there should be a criminal investigation and those caught and tried should, if found guilty, go to prison. That VIP fast track was a highway for fraud and we want our 9 billion back.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

PPE VIP lane on 18:07 - Nov 26 with 1178 viewsmax936

PPE VIP lane on 13:10 - Nov 26 by Catullus

Absolutely right. Mone is already rich, she is as greddy as it gets. Too much is never enough, a phrase I have used often.

Maybe some wag will be along to accuse me of being jealous which is what has happened when I've moaned about footballers wages. I'm far from jealous of Mone, in the first instance she had wored hard to build a business but now what she's done, what uite a few Tory politicains have done is without a doubt criminal.

Maybe this is why several tory MP's have been saying they are quitting before the next election, they actually have some scruples and can see what their colleagues have done? I've not read it as a reason but who knows?

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/tory-mps-quit-general-e

Anyway, there should be a criminal investigation and those caught and tried should, if found guilty, go to prison. That VIP fast track was a highway for fraud and we want our 9 billion back.

It all points to the house of Lords for me.

PPE VIP lane on 18:14 - Nov 26 with 1172 viewsCatullus

PPE VIP lane on 18:07 - Nov 26 by max936

It all points to the house of Lords for me.

The Lords, Westminster, it's all corrupt, I think this covers it,

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter’d your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil’d this sacred place, and turn’d the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress’d, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!”

Oliver Cromwell — April 20, 1653

369 years later but still relevant.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

PPE VIP lane on 22:46 - Nov 26 with 1130 viewsJack_Meoff

PPE VIP lane on 10:46 - Nov 26 by max936

Felix will shortly be along to dispute that, well Labour, blah, blah, blah......

That's a massive part of why this Country is in the massive financial mess it find's itself in and that the poor old Tax payers have to pay for, disgusting slime balls.

Correct. I remember pointing it out on here at the time, as you did max. One poster said that my opinion was due to the fact that I was left leaning (or words to the effect), rather than the fact that it was obvious, evident theft.

This should bring the government down. Criminals that they are. But it won't, as there's those that will continue to defend them. The most dumbed down nation on the entire planet continues to be lickspittles to those that despise and laugh at them.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 22:47]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

PPE VIP lane on 12:32 - Nov 27 with 1078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PPE VIP lane on 22:46 - Nov 26 by Jack_Meoff

Correct. I remember pointing it out on here at the time, as you did max. One poster said that my opinion was due to the fact that I was left leaning (or words to the effect), rather than the fact that it was obvious, evident theft.

This should bring the government down. Criminals that they are. But it won't, as there's those that will continue to defend them. The most dumbed down nation on the entire planet continues to be lickspittles to those that despise and laugh at them.

Didn’t they buy PPE of their mates that was not fit for purpose? This is a government operating like the spica down the Nags Head.

Corruption pure and simple - jail them.

Felix and his friends are just fools defending robbers running of with THEIR (and our) money!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PPE VIP lane on 12:35 - Nov 27 with 1074 viewsmax936

PPE VIP lane on 12:32 - Nov 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn’t they buy PPE of their mates that was not fit for purpose? This is a government operating like the spica down the Nags Head.

Corruption pure and simple - jail them.

Felix and his friends are just fools defending robbers running of with THEIR (and our) money!

I'm never wrong about much am I Brynnie

PPE VIP lane on 12:37 - Nov 27 with 1067 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PPE VIP lane on 12:35 - Nov 27 by max936

I'm never wrong about much am I Brynnie

Only about rugby and football , you trumpet lol 😂

PPE VIP lane on 17:21 - Nov 27 with 1039 viewsmajorraglan

PPE VIP lane on 22:46 - Nov 26 by Jack_Meoff

Shouldn’t matter if your right leaning or left leaning - theft, dishonesty, corruption are unacceptable and our moral compasses should ensure this kind of behaviour is stamped out and we should be insisting that offenders are brought to justice. It’s our money!
PPE VIP lane on 18:52 - Nov 27 with 1008 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PPE VIP lane on 17:21 - Nov 27 by majorraglan

Shouldn’t matter if your right leaning or left leaning - theft, dishonesty, corruption are unacceptable and our moral compasses should ensure this kind of behaviour is stamped out and we should be insisting that offenders are brought to justice. It’s our money!

Absolutely. The left /right divide is used to play us against each other while the thieves in power get away with it. The conservatives nearly bankrupted all our pension funds under Truss and Kwarteng whilst Felix looked on and uttered “yeah but Corbyn would have been worse”.

PPE VIP lane on 19:06 - Nov 27 with 1003 viewsCatullus

PPE VIP lane on 17:21 - Nov 27 by majorraglan

I saw a progrma about the nursing strike. They were saying a large part of the NHS problem is a lack of socal care, not enough beds because they can't get the staff, a wages issue as well as people not fancying the job.

That missing 9 billion, would that take care of it? Imagine 9 billion split up fairly across the Uk to get staff and beds back in place.

PPE VIP lane on 09:03 - Nov 28 with 951 viewsmajorraglan

PPE VIP lane on 19:06 - Nov 27 by Catullus

I saw a progrma about the nursing strike. They were saying a large part of the NHS problem is a lack of socal care, not enough beds because they can't get the staff, a wages issue as well as people not fancying the job.

That missing 9 billion, would that take care of it? Imagine 9 billion split up fairly across the Uk to get staff and beds back in place.

The 9 billion would make a huge difference.

The lack of care is a huge issue affecting the NHS, I know someone working on a ward and 80% of the patients are fit for discharge but can’t be as there are no care packages in place on account of a lack of carers. Replicate that across most medical wards and you can see the extent of the issue, that means operations have to be cancelled, A&E patients can’t be admitted, new patients can’t be admitted to A&E, ambulances can’t discharge etc etc. System is broken.
PPE VIP lane on 18:49 - Nov 28 with 909 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PPE VIP lane on 09:03 - Nov 28 by majorraglan

The 9 billion would make a huge difference.

The lack of care is a huge issue affecting the NHS, I know someone working on a ward and 80% of the patients are fit for discharge but can’t be as there are no care packages in place on account of a lack of carers. Replicate that across most medical wards and you can see the extent of the issue, that means operations have to be cancelled, A&E patients can’t be admitted, new patients can’t be admitted to A&E, ambulances can’t discharge etc etc. System is broken.

With bed blocking such a problem would it be practical to build convalescence centres to take
the burden off mainstream hospitals. Thinking about bridging the gap here between hospitals and social care

PPE VIP lane on 19:54 - Nov 28 with 894 viewsraynor94

PPE VIP lane on 18:49 - Nov 28 by Brynmill_Jack

With bed blocking such a problem would it be practical to build convalescence centres to take
the burden off mainstream hospitals. Thinking about bridging the gap here between hospitals and social care

You mean like the convalescence hospitals we used to have but were all closed down.

Another false economy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

PPE VIP lane on 21:46 - Nov 28 with 878 viewsmajorraglan

PPE VIP lane on 18:49 - Nov 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Indeed, but it’s all down to finance. Who picks up the bill, NHS, Social Services, patient etc etc while private care home owners rake in the cash.
PPE VIP lane on 22:59 - Nov 28 with 856 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PPE VIP lane on 21:46 - Nov 28 by majorraglan

Indeed, but it’s all down to finance. Who picks up the bill, NHS, Social Services, patient etc etc while private care home owners rake in the cash.

Another argument for more joined up and people focused government. Semantics hold us back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024