Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread 09:19 - Nov 6 with 7402 viewsSaintNick

Big big game today, can we get something out of it and pull out of the bottom three

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:04 - Nov 6 with 2396 viewsCenturion

Last season in March before the Villa game. Things looked so good. We got thrashed 4-0 and things have gone wrong since.

We just blew up. What really happened, because that was the start of a dramatic downturn.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Nov 6 with 2371 viewsRon11

I can't believe that Walcott is still on the pitch.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Nov 6 with 2271 viewsobelisk

Bottom 3 at Christmas then.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:32 - Nov 6 with 2171 viewscocklebreath

How did Walcott last 60 minutes? Sackable offence

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Nov 6 with 2146 viewsA1079

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:04 - Nov 6 by Centurion

Last season in March before the Villa game. Things looked so good. We got thrashed 4-0 and things have gone wrong since.

We just blew up. What really happened, because that was the start of a dramatic downturn.

Absolutely Centurion though I actually think it started in the mid-week FA cup game against West Ham before the Villa match. There was something odd that night. We won it, but the team was a strange selection, you could sense that something was not right - why, because we had been on a good run - we then went to Villa and got thrashed (because we could have lost that 7-0) and as you rightly say it has never been right ever since.

I have never actually called for Ralph to go (though equally I think he has been lucky to stay in it as long as he has with the results and the manner of many of the defeats), but it is difficult to see how he can be in the job after the completion of the matches next week irrespective of the results. The board have to ring the changes soon so that whoever is in the job can start work immediately in gelling the team together before the restart.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Nov 6 with 2138 viewsCenturion

We are not cut adrift yet, but hard to think of three worse teams.

I think this is it for Ralph. He is part of the problem, but not all of the problem.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Nov 6 with 2093 viewsgrumpy

Lavia replaces Juan Larios ???
I know Larios was injured but why Lavia?
Made no sense when you look at our bench.
Ralph has lost it big time.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Nov 6 with 1940 viewsRon11

1-4 Absolute fu cking rubbish
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Nov 6 with 1914 viewscocklebreath

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Nov 6 by grumpy

Lavia replaces Juan Larios ???
I know Larios was injured but why Lavia?
Made no sense when you look at our bench.
Ralph has lost it big time.

It was the obvious choice, that’s pretty much the only thing he did right.
Newcastle 4 shots on target 4 goals

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Nov 6 with 1918 viewsCenturion

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Nov 6 by Ron11

1-4 Absolute fu cking rubbish

Couldn't even keep it to a respectable scoreline.

Honestly, even the two clubs below us have shown passion. We are the worst club in the league at the moment.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Nov 6 with 1889 viewsgrumpy

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:54 - Nov 6 by cocklebreath

It was the obvious choice, that’s pretty much the only thing he did right.
Newcastle 4 shots on target 4 goals

The obvious choice was to start with Lavia.
Goalkeeper looks a bit suspect.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 16:00]
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 16:06 - Nov 6 with 1812 viewsRon11

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Nov 6 by Centurion

Couldn't even keep it to a respectable scoreline.

Honestly, even the two clubs below us have shown passion. We are the worst club in the league at the moment.

Saints aren't showing any passion because they have zero inspiration or motivation from the manager.
Where do we begin? Why start with Walcott against an on form side with one of the best defences in the Premier League? He contributed absolutely nothing for 60 minutes FFS!
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Nov 6 with 1756 viewsI_would

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 16:06 - Nov 6 by Ron11

Saints aren't showing any passion because they have zero inspiration or motivation from the manager.
Where do we begin? Why start with Walcott against an on form side with one of the best defences in the Premier League? He contributed absolutely nothing for 60 minutes FFS!

He's just winging it get rid please!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Nov 6 with 1430 viewsGRIM

If we didn't know better you'd think Ralph was sabotaging results hoping to get sacked.
It gives him his early retiring that he's craving for with a decent pay off.
Who the hell is going to take this job.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Nov 6 with 1401 viewscocklebreath

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Nov 6 by GRIM

If we didn't know better you'd think Ralph was sabotaging results hoping to get sacked.

Our Nigel, bring some positivity back to the club

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:53 - Nov 6 with 1379 views1885_SFC

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:48 - Nov 6 by GRIM

Old School is Cool

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Nov 6 with 1322 viewsMytchettSaint

Against my better judgement, I went today.

Newcastle I didn’t think looked world beaters - but 4 shots on target and 4 goals, you don’t need to be brilliant to beat us.

I just can’t understand what the owners are thinking. Get rid of him now, even with Liverpool away next week. If anything, it might relieve some of the gloom surrounding the club at the moment.

One more thing that really pissed me off and I didn’t even see it, my son told me. Newcastle fans celebrating under the stands when they went 1-0 up. The stewards stood by and watched. The inevitable happened and not only did the Newcastle fans get lobbed out but stewards tried to remove saints fans as well. This club hates its fans.

Forza Rossobianco

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 18:56 - Nov 6 with 1213 viewsdirk_doone

Positives: Romain Perraud played well, gave 100% and deserved his goal. That's about it really.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Nov 6 with 1190 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Nov 6 by cocklebreath

Our Nigel, bring some positivity back to the club

He was really promoting himself as Ralph's replacement in that little speech he gave but I don't think he's got a realistic chance. There again, who else will take the job now we are one of the relegation favourites? The last time we were this desperate we ended up with Mark Hughes.

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:06 - Nov 6 with 1167 viewsdarthvader

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 10:17 - Nov 6 by darthvader

We used to have ... Now we are shocking at home and they are on fire.
I find it hard to see anything but a home defeat against a side who at the moment look like a top top side full of pace, passion and confidence.

I hope to god im wrong.

I was more confident the last time we played them at home, and we lost.

This time ,after Travelling to palace and watching our Che continue to shoot straight at the keeper, and that awful first half, I have very little. (confidence)

So a typical Saintly thing to do would be to win 4-0 like the good old days.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 10:18]

To quote MUSE. .... "We are fücking fücked!"

I'm not shocked or surprised by the scoreline or chances we keep missing.

Its a shït show and i cant beleive a new manager would want the job here let alone a new 30m striker.

keep the faith coyr

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Nov 6 with 1146 viewsStAnt

Newcastle weren't all that but, unfortunately, they didn't need to be to hammer us. Pretty much every shot they had on target went in and I'm starting to lose all confidence in Bazunu. He seems to have a big weakness in getting down quickly enough to low shots. I don't rate McCarthy but I think he needs to start against Liverpool. Ralph picked yet another one of his weird starting line-ups. Is he now at the stage where he'll try just about anything in the forlorn hope that something works. He needs to be gone and we have to spend the world cup break with a concerted effort to improve fitness levels because I don't believe we are running anything like as far as our opponents and I'm sure JWP's levels have dropped off. We need a new manager to work on shape and systems and get us drilled. Right now we show no cohesion and the players look as though they have no clue whare they should be and what they are meant to be doing. It's all a mess and SD have allowed it to fester for far too long.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:18 - Nov 6 with 1117 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Nov 6 by StAnt

Newcastle weren't all that but, unfortunately, they didn't need to be to hammer us. Pretty much every shot they had on target went in and I'm starting to lose all confidence in Bazunu. He seems to have a big weakness in getting down quickly enough to low shots. I don't rate McCarthy but I think he needs to start against Liverpool. Ralph picked yet another one of his weird starting line-ups. Is he now at the stage where he'll try just about anything in the forlorn hope that something works. He needs to be gone and we have to spend the world cup break with a concerted effort to improve fitness levels because I don't believe we are running anything like as far as our opponents and I'm sure JWP's levels have dropped off. We need a new manager to work on shape and systems and get us drilled. Right now we show no cohesion and the players look as though they have no clue whare they should be and what they are meant to be doing. It's all a mess and SD have allowed it to fester for far too long.

Callum Wilson deliberately bullied and intimidated Bazunu early on by grabbing him, shoving him, generally getting in his face and giving him a stream of verbal threats and you could see it shook Bazunu and made him nervous. The ref chose to ignore it. Unfortunately, youngsters do get subjected to bullying by some of the hardened pros in the Premier League.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 19:23]

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:42 - Nov 6 with 1052 viewsGRIM

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:18 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

Callum Wilson deliberately bullied and intimidated Bazunu early on by grabbing him, shoving him, generally getting in his face and giving him a stream of verbal threats and you could see it shook Bazunu and made him nervous. The ref chose to ignore it. Unfortunately, youngsters do get subjected to bullying by some of the hardened pros in the Premier League.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 19:23]

Now Larios is injured.
Is it a coincidence that all of our new young players are picking up injuries.
Tina last season & this season Lavia + Belle-Kotchap + Larios.
All under 20 years old, perhaps they are not up to the physicality of the Premier Lge.
Not really surprising is it, we need a nucleus of strong experienced Premier lge players & we don't have any.
No good building a team for the future if we don't have a team fit for the present.
The only POSITIVE to come out of today'game was that at last Ralph will get the sack.
Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Nov 6 with 1033 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:42 - Nov 6 by GRIM

Now Larios is injured.
Is it a coincidence that all of our new young players are picking up injuries.
Tina last season & this season Lavia + Belle-Kotchap + Larios.
All under 20 years old, perhaps they are not up to the physicality of the Premier Lge.
Not really surprising is it, we need a nucleus of strong experienced Premier lge players & we don't have any.
No good building a team for the future if we don't have a team fit for the present.
The only POSITIVE to come out of today'game was that at last Ralph will get the sack.

I remember Kyle Walker-Peters took a right kicking in his early games, was targetted by some of the more cynical teams like Dean Smith's Villa and was injured a couple of times. He battled through it though.

Every team needs a hard man who can dish it out and keep the opposition honest. We don't have one any more.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 19:57]

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Nov 6 with 953 viewsGRIM

Southampton V Newcastle Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

I remember Kyle Walker-Peters took a right kicking in his early games, was targetted by some of the more cynical teams like Dean Smith's Villa and was injured a couple of times. He battled through it though.

Every team needs a hard man who can dish it out and keep the opposition honest. We don't have one any more.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 19:57]

We lost the muscle from midfield when we let Oriel go.
We are lightweight & the opposition know it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024