Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 23:09 - Oct 24 with 19338 viewsNotLoyal

The beautiful land of Peterborough, caught up in the Soke of Northampton, this antique replica of something yet to be discovered, in original terms, a town, in every day terms a dodgy toe nail hanging on to the cleft pallet of a donkeys bum.

Oh, it’s what we do on here, it’s our way of welcoming our opponents.

The Posh
Although the present club did not come into being until 1934, the 'Posh' name first came to the fore a decade earlier, almost certainly stemming from Pat Tirrel, player manager of Fletton United, a previous user of the present club's London Road ground, who announced in close season of 1921 that he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' to compete in the Northamptonshire League (later the United Counties League). Fletton, previously known as the 'Brickies,' re-formed as Peterborough and Fletton United in 1923 and both nicknames were in use through the 1920s, although supporters complained that 'Posh' references were sometimes used by newspapers in a derisory manner. Peterborough and Fletton United folded in 1932, the present club was formed two years later and a Midland League debut against Gainsborough Trinity on 1st September 1934 was greeted with cries of 'Up The Posh' from the crowd.

Did you know ?
Victoria ( my heads in my arse) Beckham challenged Peterborough United registering their club nickname as a trademark in 1998 ? It obviously didn’t work as they are still called The Posh today, and she is a washed up old deckchair.

Celebrity gimp, VIctoria Beckham who thinks she is bigger than a whole community

The Posh
Peterborough United are a small club that do cock waving splendidly well. They will see this game as a cup final against the divisions ‘pass masters’ After many seasons in the Premier League the swans have been targets for teams to play above themselves when they visit Wales. Such is the way clubs hold Swansea in high esteem. If it wasn’t for that the swans would have won all their games. They are favourites to win this game for sure. The people of Peterborough land are called gimps, and the town itself is recognised as one of the worst town's to live in. Voted by the very people who live there. Peterborough is actually in Canada.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56110/lee-trundle-scores

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56115/darren-ferguson-be

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56120/russell-martin-set

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56129

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56131/swansea-city-are-o

More to Follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 15:54 - Oct 30 with 1501 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 12:29 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Our possession game isn’t likely to provide an early flurry of goals - more likely to tire a team out and then take advantage.

what a lemon. enjoy your H/T G+T Brynnie, save your pennies though, I'll be attending after Christmas all being well and its your round

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:55 - Oct 30 with 1487 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Really good football, but the lads are finding it a bit too easy and have become casual.
With the way they have been playing though it could be a big score, which is good for our goal dffierence.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:58 - Oct 30 with 1452 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m unsure how this swans side will ever make everyone happy 🤭

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 15:59 - Oct 30 with 1441 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Fri on 08:12 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Looking back at the Birmingham highlights it’s clear to see we missed Flynn Downes like a hole in the head. Without him we looked weak , leaderless and flat. Great to see he’s likely to be back today.

Smith's been excellent 1st half fairplay.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:02 - Oct 30 with 1402 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:58 - Oct 30 by KeithHaynes

By winning and playing like this more often

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:02 - Oct 30 with 1403 viewsSirjohnalot

As I keep saying trust the process. Said it after the Derby, said it after Brum, saying it now. Enjoy Martin, this is going to be a great season
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:03 - Oct 30 with 1377 viewsDr_Parnassus

Stoke 3-0 Cardiff

Oh lord

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:04 - Oct 30 with 1375 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:58 - Oct 30 by KeithHaynes

Fairplay to DF trying his best to stir his team, before the game, I wonder how he's feeling now sipping his half time Cuppa.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:06 - Oct 30 with 1357 viewsunion_jack

No side will ever please their fans completely. There are always negatives which we are seeing in this game but it's 3-0 so it doesn't matter as much.

I'd like to see us go for the jugular now and pass in front of our players not behind them. There are more goals to be had.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:07 - Oct 30 with 1339 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:02 - Oct 30 by Sirjohnalot

As I keep saying trust the process. Said it after the Derby, said it after Brum, saying it now. Enjoy Martin, this is going to be a great season

That process has been extremely shaky, let’s hope it’s more of what we have seen recently and I’m sure he will start to win everyone over and earn that trust.

A massive improvement on some utterly awful displays earlier in the season. Let’s not start pretending otherwise. We tend to do that when we are getting a decent result.

Just enjoy the wins when they come and critique things game by game is my view. Looks like it will be 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses after today. That’s a crazy mixed bag.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:09 - Oct 30 with 1331 viewsmax936

I can't see how OHL dislikes Martin he's always well groomed and has nice hair, doubt he's been on Naked Attraction though

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:10 - Oct 30 with 1311 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:07 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

That process has been extremely shaky, let’s hope it’s more of what we have seen recently and I’m sure he will start to win everyone over and earn that trust.

A massive improvement on some utterly awful displays earlier in the season. Let’s not start pretending otherwise. We tend to do that when we are getting a decent result.

Just enjoy the wins when they come and critique things game by game is my view. Looks like it will be 5 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses after today. That’s a crazy mixed bag.

There will be shaky results as they’re playing a brand new style with a lot of new players, lost a lot of big players with a new manager with no pre season and COVID, plus other injuries.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 30 with 1266 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:10 - Oct 30 by Sirjohnalot

There will be shaky results as they’re playing a brand new style with a lot of new players, lost a lot of big players with a new manager with no pre season and COVID, plus other injuries.

Yeah I don’t get along with that view, I just don’t see the excuse behind it. But we do go through this on a weekly basis.

To me, that’s the same as most years. Coopers style was brand new when he came, Potters style was brand new when he came, both lost big players from the year before, both signed new players that had to learn the managers style. It’s no different, except covid, but that wouldn’t have had a lasting impact for months.

I’m just glad we are playing well and getting some good results now. But I’ll never be one to join in with the excuses for what we saw before, it was terrible. But he’s learned from it and if this is the result we get to see most weeks then we are better for it.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:21 - Oct 30 with 1215 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah I don’t get along with that view, I just don’t see the excuse behind it. But we do go through this on a weekly basis.

To me, that’s the same as most years. Coopers style was brand new when he came, Potters style was brand new when he came, both lost big players from the year before, both signed new players that had to learn the managers style. It’s no different, except covid, but that wouldn’t have had a lasting impact for months.

I’m just glad we are playing well and getting some good results now. But I’ll never be one to join in with the excuses for what we saw before, it was terrible. But he’s learned from it and if this is the result we get to see most weeks then we are better for it.

Perhaps it’s as simple as our squad is fitter and able to play at the pace Martin demands. After saying that the players looked knackered during the Brum game so a bit to do yet.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:22 - Oct 30 with 1209 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:10 - Oct 30 by Sirjohnalot

Listening to the match on Radio Wales.
Really like Cameron Toshack as a co-commentator.
Very knowledgeable.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:25 - Oct 30 with 1185 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:15 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Fair enough. ‘We want the same thing, we dream the same thing’ as Belinda Carlisle would say
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:25 - Oct 30 with 1182 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:07 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Since the last international break the teams of Nottingham Forest and Swansea were on equal points after 12 games each having garnered 14 points.

I postulated that Cooper would do not better than the notionally inferior Martin over the rest of the season from that point. This assumes the first 12 games were null an void as both clubs were in a state of transition.

Assuming Swansea win today

Martin 2 points per game
Cooper 1.34 points per game.

Lets see how thing develop. Martin has had a notional 'Plan A' ascribed to him by Andy Cole who demands he switched to 'Plan B'. Martin has never talked about 'Plan A' but does talk about being comfortable in possession and retaining possession. Percentage long balls is attributed to winning a losing but is sometime a function of the opponent.

Practice make perfect and by definition lack of practice has serious imperfections.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:27 - Oct 30 with 1160 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:21 - Oct 30 by Luther27

Perhaps it’s as simple as our squad is fitter and able to play at the pace Martin demands. After saying that the players looked knackered during the Brum game so a bit to do yet.

I don’t buy the fitness thing either.

The change has been the scrapping of the short pass and turning to a mixed style. That is where most of our successful attacks have come from recently.

When he first came he clearly insisted we go short at every opportunity, even when in danger. 4% short passes we had in some games which is shocking. That has nothing to do with fitness.

It meant out attacks were slow, because it’s hard to get the ball up the field quickly with short passing, we were easily defended because the attacks were all unfolding in front of the opposition, it meant they could put pressure on us and know we had to try and play out of it and wouldn’t use the out-ball so could commit more men to the press.

He had to scrap it, and he did and have given him the credit for that. We were just getting punished every week. Although we still may see it for weaker opposition at home, this game has actually felt a bit short pass style like. Not as much as before but still up there I would have thought.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:28 - Oct 30 with 1159 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:22 - Oct 30 by OptimisticJack

Listening to the match on Radio Wales.
Really like Cameron Toshack as a co-commentator.
Very knowledgeable.

worth a fiver punt as next Cardiff manager.....how have they managed to get it back to 3-3

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:32 - Oct 30 with 1130 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:25 - Oct 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Since the last international break the teams of Nottingham Forest and Swansea were on equal points after 12 games each having garnered 14 points.

I postulated that Cooper would do not better than the notionally inferior Martin over the rest of the season from that point. This assumes the first 12 games were null an void as both clubs were in a state of transition.

Assuming Swansea win today

Martin 2 points per game
Cooper 1.34 points per game.

Lets see how thing develop. Martin has had a notional 'Plan A' ascribed to him by Andy Cole who demands he switched to 'Plan B'. Martin has never talked about 'Plan A' but does talk about being comfortable in possession and retaining possession. Percentage long balls is attributed to winning a losing but is sometime a function of the opponent.

Practice make perfect and by definition lack of practice has serious imperfections.

But that’s because you selectively cut out Martin’s bad form and Coopers good form and picked a date to go from which suited the point you wanted to shoehorn.

A bit of a silly comparison really. You take every game they manage this season, not just some of them.

Cooper has managed 7 games this season: 2.00 points per game
Martin has managed 15 games this season: 1.33 points per game

Assuming we win of course.

Cardiff now 3-3

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:36 - Oct 30 with 1081 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:09 - Oct 30 by max936

I can't see how OHL dislikes Martin he's always well groomed and has nice hair, doubt he's been on Naked Attraction though

He parts his hair on the right hand side. Always dubious that .
His teeth are too white too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:37 - Oct 30 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:50 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

3-0

OHL will be happy with that one. Ntcham.

They simply cannot handle us today.

He is .

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:38 - Oct 30 with 1069 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:27 - Oct 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t buy the fitness thing either.

The change has been the scrapping of the short pass and turning to a mixed style. That is where most of our successful attacks have come from recently.

When he first came he clearly insisted we go short at every opportunity, even when in danger. 4% short passes we had in some games which is shocking. That has nothing to do with fitness.

It meant out attacks were slow, because it’s hard to get the ball up the field quickly with short passing, we were easily defended because the attacks were all unfolding in front of the opposition, it meant they could put pressure on us and know we had to try and play out of it and wouldn’t use the out-ball so could commit more men to the press.

He had to scrap it, and he did and have given him the credit for that. We were just getting punished every week. Although we still may see it for weaker opposition at home, this game has actually felt a bit short pass style like. Not as much as before but still up there I would have thought.

I see where you’re coming from and agree you need to adapt your style to who you’re playing. I would have thought the manager and analysts would identify what type of game was needed.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:39 - Oct 30 with 1057 viewsonehunglow

Come on Morgan,lad

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:44 - Oct 30 with 1036 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 16:28 - Oct 30 by vetchonian

worth a fiver punt as next Cardiff manager.....how have they managed to get it back to 3-3

They did the same thing when Mccarthy first took charge. 2 or 3 down and came back to draw. 😡

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024