Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote Labour? 08:25 - Oct 7 with 6659 viewsjudd

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-vow-to-give-football-fans-power-to-hire-and-fi

There's a provision for anti-bot legislation.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Vote Labour? on 19:36 - Oct 7 with 1472 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 18:29 - Oct 7 by rochdale_ranger

1. They are literally trying to change the law on how football clubs are run.
2. I wasn’t talking about power in terms of labour getting the keys to number ten
3. I don’t hate corbyn I just think he’s a silly man. Not everyone is motivated by hatred, arrogance or bitterness my little cherub.

Changing the law as to how football clubs are run isn’t the same as the government getting to decide what goes on in football clubs though is it?
They’re not nationalising football clubs are they? They’ll have fook all to do with the running of any football club.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Vote Labour? on 19:38 - Oct 7 with 1464 viewsrochdale_ranger

Vote Labour? on 19:36 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Changing the law as to how football clubs are run isn’t the same as the government getting to decide what goes on in football clubs though is it?
They’re not nationalising football clubs are they? They’ll have fook all to do with the running of any football club.

Why stop at football clubs. Why not do the same with any business?
Vote Labour? on 19:40 - Oct 7 with 1458 viewsrochdale_ranger

Vote Labour? on 19:31 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Let’s hear it then, what can you do?

You’re very tetchy . Your not actually a corbynista are you?
Vote Labour? on 19:48 - Oct 7 with 1442 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 19:34 - Oct 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Every one of them are devious, self publicising, self serving turds, that at the drop of a hat will change their opinion just to gain popularity or try a new route to gather support. I cannot ever remember having leaders of all parties that were so inept at doing anything useful, obviously we are so stupid though that we never knew what we voted for, next goal wins anyone?

Since Thatcher went (yep she is widely hated by some, but she bloody at least cared about what her job was!) we have had a tirade of hopeless bastards, the only ones I would give an element of respect to was major and brown, both of whom were stitched up royally, but I think did genuinely care.

In fairness Boris has achieved more that Teresa May did already, he at least is trying to get some form of agreement rather than just doing what the EU want, if he wants said agreement god knows.

The sad thing is out of Boris, Farrage and Corbyn, Corbyn is the least credible and least likely to get my vote on anything!

That’s absolute nonsense. Boris is trying to change the backstop element of the Withdrawal Agreement that’s all - which is a very small part of it. May’s actually done the vast majority of the deal if Boris gets it.
It’s remarkable how all these people have suddenly decided that Theresa’s deal is now actually bona-fide Brexit.

Vote Labour? on 19:52 - Oct 7 with 1431 viewsrochdale_ranger

Vote Labour? on 19:48 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

That’s absolute nonsense. Boris is trying to change the backstop element of the Withdrawal Agreement that’s all - which is a very small part of it. May’s actually done the vast majority of the deal if Boris gets it.
It’s remarkable how all these people have suddenly decided that Theresa’s deal is now actually bona-fide Brexit.

Bet your a hoot and a holler on a night out.
Vote Labour? on 19:58 - Oct 7 with 1416 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Vote Labour? on 19:48 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Remind me when we should have left and how long May was working on the deal and backstop?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Vote Labour? on 20:19 - Oct 7 with 1397 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 19:58 - Oct 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Remind me when we should have left and how long May was working on the deal and backstop?

Jeez wept. If Boris manages to get a deal over the line, will the vast vast majority of that deal not be the Withdrawal Agreement? Does that, as per your previous post, represent Theresa May achieving nowt?
In reality, thus far he has come up with some proposals in respect of one aspect of the Withdrawal Agreement. That’s all!!
Oh yeah and lots and lots of platitudes and even more and more nationalistic hubris that you’re clearly falling for.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 20:24]

Vote Labour? on 20:39 - Oct 7 with 1380 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Vote Labour? on 20:19 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Jeez wept. If Boris manages to get a deal over the line, will the vast vast majority of that deal not be the Withdrawal Agreement? Does that, as per your previous post, represent Theresa May achieving nowt?
In reality, thus far he has come up with some proposals in respect of one aspect of the Withdrawal Agreement. That’s all!!
Oh yeah and lots and lots of platitudes and even more and more nationalistic hubris that you’re clearly falling for.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 20:24]

Not really, I think the guy is a charismatic prick, that’s about it. But he is quite good with people and as such has made a successful career.

The one stumbling block is backstop, and has been for ages, and he may sort it out, unlike May.

I understand you would support pig shit if it was the labour leader Dave but, and it’s a big but, my main comment was that they are all inept, regardless of my political views.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Vote Labour? on 21:01 - Oct 7 with 1362 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 20:39 - Oct 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not really, I think the guy is a charismatic prick, that’s about it. But he is quite good with people and as such has made a successful career.

The one stumbling block is backstop, and has been for ages, and he may sort it out, unlike May.

I understand you would support pig shit if it was the labour leader Dave but, and it’s a big but, my main comment was that they are all inept, regardless of my political views.

For what it’s worth Thacks I haven’t decided who I will vote for. I didn’t vote for Blair in 2005, Brown in 2010 or Miliband in 2015. Yes, I voted Labour in 2017 but that was because they had by far the best manifesto. Much of which Boris has suddenly realised the value of!! Magic money trees eh?
Boris Johnson is a pathological liar and excusing that by claiming everyone else is the same is disingenuous and simply inaccurate. Each of them should be judged on what they have done, not what he has done.

Vote Labour? on 21:14 - Oct 7 with 1342 viewstodmordendale

They all have a cult following.
Vote Labour? on 21:24 - Oct 7 with 1331 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Vote Labour? on 21:01 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

For what it’s worth Thacks I haven’t decided who I will vote for. I didn’t vote for Blair in 2005, Brown in 2010 or Miliband in 2015. Yes, I voted Labour in 2017 but that was because they had by far the best manifesto. Much of which Boris has suddenly realised the value of!! Magic money trees eh?
Boris Johnson is a pathological liar and excusing that by claiming everyone else is the same is disingenuous and simply inaccurate. Each of them should be judged on what they have done, not what he has done.

I agree that actions speak louder than words Dave, and that’s the major issue, of all the major political players currently, You could argue that Farage and Boris have had more influence on our current political situation than anyone (Obviously Cameron started the chain of dominos)

I don’t trust Boris or his motives, Farage I tend to believe more, Corbyn does not know what he believes himself, as for the Lib Dem’s, Jesus wept.

I rarely post on political stuff as it’s like swapping the Sandy for the Bob Lord Stand, and supporting the home team, political views generally are similar, they don’t tend to change.

Anyway good reading your points, one final question. Would you agree the current leaders of the main parties are the poorest we have had for 4 generations overall?

Vote Labour? on 21:26 - Oct 7 with 1328 viewsBigDaveMyCock

As an aside, a Scottish Court found in favour of the government today. I, and others of the same persuasion, have not been on here hysterically declaring that all the Judges are remainers and it’s all part of an establishment plot.

Vote Labour? on 21:35 - Oct 7 with 1316 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 21:24 - Oct 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

I agree that actions speak louder than words Dave, and that’s the major issue, of all the major political players currently, You could argue that Farage and Boris have had more influence on our current political situation than anyone (Obviously Cameron started the chain of dominos)

I don’t trust Boris or his motives, Farage I tend to believe more, Corbyn does not know what he believes himself, as for the Lib Dem’s, Jesus wept.

I rarely post on political stuff as it’s like swapping the Sandy for the Bob Lord Stand, and supporting the home team, political views generally are similar, they don’t tend to change.

Anyway good reading your points, one final question. Would you agree the current leaders of the main parties are the poorest we have had for 4 generations overall?

It’s difficult to say. We’re our own worse enemies. We, and very much myself included, bemoan slick spun politicians who play us but then bemoan a completely unspun awkward politician who refuses to play us. We hate them lying but champion the biggest liar of them all.
I also enjoy engaging with your views.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 21:36]

Vote Labour? on 22:56 - Oct 7 with 1270 viewsAtThePeake

Vote Labour? on 19:38 - Oct 7 by rochdale_ranger

Why stop at football clubs. Why not do the same with any business?

Forgive me if I'm wrong here - I've never owned a business and would consider myself pretty uneducated on the business world, but surely the government must already have some 'interference' or regulations/laws on how businesses are run in this country?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Vote Labour? on 08:47 - Oct 8 with 1174 viewssteofthedale

Vote Labour? on 21:01 - Oct 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Did not both the labour and conservative manifestos promise to respect the referendum result?

Did not almost 500 MPs legislate to leave the EU with or without a "deal" by triggering article 50?

Have not a majority of those elected to parliament subsequently voted consistently against all means of leaving the EU to date?

So is claiming that they are akin to the PM regarding their integrity , disingenuous and simply inaccurate?

steofthedale*

Vote Labour? on 11:44 - Oct 8 with 1104 viewsD_Alien

Vote Labour? on 08:47 - Oct 8 by steofthedale

Did not both the labour and conservative manifestos promise to respect the referendum result?

Did not almost 500 MPs legislate to leave the EU with or without a "deal" by triggering article 50?

Have not a majority of those elected to parliament subsequently voted consistently against all means of leaving the EU to date?

So is claiming that they are akin to the PM regarding their integrity , disingenuous and simply inaccurate?

Despite several attempts to explain this to BigDave, it's not sinking in

To cheer him up, i've reciprocated - in a rather more succinct way - the ditties he composed in my honour last week:

There once was a poster called Dave
Who was told many times to behave
He Remained ignorant
But continued to rant
Like that bloke from One Foot In The Grave

Have a good day now, y'all

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Vote Labour? on 12:25 - Oct 8 with 1057 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 08:47 - Oct 8 by steofthedale

They voted to trigger article 50. They didn’t vote to leave with no deal. That’s something you’ve tagged on.

Vote Labour? on 12:28 - Oct 8 with 1054 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 11:44 - Oct 8 by D_Alien

Despite several attempts to explain this to BigDave, it's not sinking in

To cheer him up, i've reciprocated - in a rather more succinct way - the ditties he composed in my honour last week:

There once was a poster called Dave
Who was told many times to behave
He Remained ignorant
But continued to rant
Like that bloke from One Foot In The Grave

Have a good day now, y'all

It’s taken you a whole week to come up with that?

Vote Labour? on 12:35 - Oct 8 with 1041 viewsDaleFan7

Vote Labour? on 12:25 - Oct 8 by BigDaveMyCock

They voted to trigger article 50. They didn’t vote to leave with no deal. That’s something you’ve tagged on.

Triggering Article 50 is to leave the EU. There is nothing in legislation to say how this is done, you just leave by a set date unless it is extended. Therefore, if no deal is met by said deadline, the default is to leave with no deal.

Whilst not directly voting for a no deal. MPs knew that if there wasn't one by a set deadline then no deal was on the table. If they were seriously that bothered about it then they should have voted against triggering Article 50. However, in their own self interest at the time, to look like they're going with the 'will of the people' they voted to trigger it, knowing that there wasn't a plan in place for any form of deal at that time.
Vote Labour? on 13:34 - Oct 8 with 992 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 12:35 - Oct 8 by DaleFan7

Triggering Article 50 is to leave the EU. There is nothing in legislation to say how this is done, you just leave by a set date unless it is extended. Therefore, if no deal is met by said deadline, the default is to leave with no deal.

Whilst not directly voting for a no deal. MPs knew that if there wasn't one by a set deadline then no deal was on the table. If they were seriously that bothered about it then they should have voted against triggering Article 50. However, in their own self interest at the time, to look like they're going with the 'will of the people' they voted to trigger it, knowing that there wasn't a plan in place for any form of deal at that time.

You seem to be inferring that MPs voted to trigger Article 50 because they thought, in good faith, a deal would be achieved. I agree with that. I think it was, with hindsight, stupid but there you go. You’re right that there is nothing anywhere that says this is how Brexit should be done. Nowhere does it say that no deal is the default position. I agree with that. It is not, it is one of a number of options available.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:37]

Vote Labour? on 13:43 - Oct 8 with 984 viewsDaleFan7

Vote Labour? on 13:34 - Oct 8 by BigDaveMyCock

You seem to be inferring that MPs voted to trigger Article 50 because they thought, in good faith, a deal would be achieved. I agree with that. I think it was, with hindsight, stupid but there you go. You’re right that there is nothing anywhere that says this is how Brexit should be done. Nowhere does it say that no deal is the default position. I agree with that. It is not, it is one of a number of options available.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:37]

If you get to the deadline with no deal in place, then no deal becomes the default unless you choose to ask for and are granted an extension.
Vote Labour? on 13:52 - Oct 8 with 975 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Vote Labour? on 13:43 - Oct 8 by DaleFan7

If you get to the deadline with no deal in place, then no deal becomes the default unless you choose to ask for and are granted an extension.

Precisely, it’s an option. You have to choose it. You can leave on no deal, seek to extend to attempt get a deal or a further mandate or revoke.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:58]

Vote Labour? on 14:02 - Oct 8 with 966 viewsScunnydale

Vote Labour? on 13:43 - Oct 8 by DaleFan7

Becoming the default does not mean it was the initial idea or intention.
Vote Labour? on 14:09 - Oct 8 with 962 viewssteofthedale

Vote Labour? on 12:25 - Oct 8 by BigDaveMyCock

Article 50 legislated to leave by a set date, either with or without a "deal".

The same Parliament who made this law have successively voted against both options in spite of the promises made in the manifestos they presented to the electorate.

It seems many may be accused of misleading the public.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 19:30]

steofthedale*

Vote Labour? on 14:14 - Oct 8 with 957 views49thseason

A former Labour supporter on Brexit and how we got here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024