Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back 08:36 - Sep 22 with 5617 viewsrichranger

Yes, I know it's the Sun and probably rubbish - but could Jimmy work with Schteve? And where does that leave Les?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/efl/1828471/steve-mcclaren-wanted-by-qpr
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:40 - Sep 22 with 3773 viewsdaveB

sounds like it's either replacing Ferdinand or a new made role like the one Warnock had so he can take over as manager in a month. Would rather they just left JFH to it
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:52 - Sep 22 with 3732 viewskropotkin41

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:40 - Sep 22 by daveB

sounds like it's either replacing Ferdinand or a new made role like the one Warnock had so he can take over as manager in a month. Would rather they just left JFH to it

It might not be that, it might just be that McClaren is a good coach and that he and JFH have worked together in the past. McClaren has also worked for us and is presently not in a job. It might help.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:54 - Sep 22 with 3723 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Would not surprise me if true as TF has been quiet recently and probably like most fans is not happy with the performances or results
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:55 - Sep 22 with 3717 viewsdaveB

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:52 - Sep 22 by kropotkin41

It might not be that, it might just be that McClaren is a good coach and that he and JFH have worked together in the past. McClaren has also worked for us and is presently not in a job. It might help.

Yeah just like Warnock came in last year because we needed some experience to help out. we've been here before
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:59 - Sep 22 with 3706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd imagine that The Sun sat on this last night until we lost. Easy freak people out the day after a loss.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 09:00 - Sep 22 with 3701 viewsspencer

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:55 - Sep 22 by daveB

Yeah just like Warnock came in last year because we needed some experience to help out. we've been here before

Or maybe its just paper talk....or maybe we need another coach ...or maybe it's like my first point...A SHIT PAPER
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 09:04 - Sep 22 with 3684 viewsRangersDave

It's an interesting supposition, and one that may come to pass irrespective of what us individuals want.

If JFH position is looking poor, then Scheetve might be considered a better replacement, certainly in the short term, as we need points now not at the end of the season when things are tougher.
If he comes in in another role, this is also interesting and may be quite symbiotic allowing JFH to learn form someone who's been there and done it (and talks great dutch lol)

Depending on who's decision it would be to employ would possibly leave Les in a limbo state having been undermined.

The problem is that at the moment, despite first match euphoria, we have shown very little (i would argue 'nothing') to show we can do enough to stay up or at best keep a mid table mediocrity this season. (and i'd settle for the latter if we at least looked like we could play football).

If Les does feel undermined he would go, or if he's the root of all our problems on the pitch right now by buying the players and employing JFH and the donkey before him, then he could be sacked.

This latter thought could be the correct one to make, as how many crap decisions or mistakes do you have to make in business before the axe man comes calling? If it were you and i, not many if it cost our companies money, that's for sure.

Now before anyone goes off on one based on what i've said, let me again lay my cards on the table.....i do not want JFH to go. We do need stability, and we need to build. The problem is this is not a game anymore where you can plod on in mid or lower league position mediocrity, and fans (yes me included) do demand results or failing good results, at least a decent performance week in week out. At the moment we are not showing either and that will trouble the guys at the top as well as the fans.

However i will change my mind if, in a months time we are not improved or/ and are slipping down the league to a position that looks difficult.

Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:08 - Sep 22 with 3542 viewsrsonist

McClaren is a good assistant coach. He's not a good anything else. If JFH wanted to add him to his staff I'd be happy with that - a different, experienced head to complement himself and Oldfield.

I don't see what relevance it should have to Les' position.
Login to get fewer ads

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:09 - Sep 22 with 3537 viewsadhoc_qpr

Steve McClaren seems to alternate between one successful job and one disastrous job - he's done that his whole career!

So he's due a good one.

I think it just muddies the water if we bring him in with JFH though. Leave JFH to succeed or sack him on his own merits, don't undermine him to try to slyly usurp him.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:13 - Sep 22 with 3522 viewsrsonist

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 08:55 - Sep 22 by daveB

Or just like McClaren came in three years ago because we needed some experience to help out. We have been here before, you're right - and he was purely a coach then and didn't undermine anyone.

I don't know why most of you are automatically reading something nefarious into it.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 10:14]
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 3518 viewsJuzzie

For me he's a good coach, not a good Manager. I'm sure there could be a way to utilise him so that he's not putting any noses out of joint or threatening anyone's position.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:24 - Sep 22 with 3477 viewsfrancisbowles

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 09:04 - Sep 22 by RangersDave

It's an interesting supposition, and one that may come to pass irrespective of what us individuals want.

If JFH position is looking poor, then Scheetve might be considered a better replacement, certainly in the short term, as we need points now not at the end of the season when things are tougher.
If he comes in in another role, this is also interesting and may be quite symbiotic allowing JFH to learn form someone who's been there and done it (and talks great dutch lol)

Depending on who's decision it would be to employ would possibly leave Les in a limbo state having been undermined.

The problem is that at the moment, despite first match euphoria, we have shown very little (i would argue 'nothing') to show we can do enough to stay up or at best keep a mid table mediocrity this season. (and i'd settle for the latter if we at least looked like we could play football).

If Les does feel undermined he would go, or if he's the root of all our problems on the pitch right now by buying the players and employing JFH and the donkey before him, then he could be sacked.

This latter thought could be the correct one to make, as how many crap decisions or mistakes do you have to make in business before the axe man comes calling? If it were you and i, not many if it cost our companies money, that's for sure.

Now before anyone goes off on one based on what i've said, let me again lay my cards on the table.....i do not want JFH to go. We do need stability, and we need to build. The problem is this is not a game anymore where you can plod on in mid or lower league position mediocrity, and fans (yes me included) do demand results or failing good results, at least a decent performance week in week out. At the moment we are not showing either and that will trouble the guys at the top as well as the fans.

However i will change my mind if, in a months time we are not improved or/ and are slipping down the league to a position that looks difficult.

Cheers
Dave

You ruin your interesting post by being so disrespectfull to Chris Ramsey!

He is a decent individual who tried his best, got off to a good start but for a variety of reasons saw results go downill and lost his position.

He continues to serve our club in another position now. While he does he is in effect 'one of us'

So please show some common decency and cut out the derogatory references to an employee of the club you and I love so much.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:27 - Sep 22 with 3461 viewsRangersDave

Nope, not going to.

He was useless. simply put, and i stand by it.

Does anyone on here actually think Ramsey was a good manager?

It's about opinions mate, and while i respect yours and your right to post, i dont agree with it.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:39 - Sep 22 with 3417 viewsBklynRanger

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:14 - Sep 22 by Juzzie

For me he's a good coach, not a good Manager. I'm sure there could be a way to utilise him so that he's not putting any noses out of joint or threatening anyone's position.

Or if Jimmy's nose has to be put a bit out of joint then so be it. It's a strong looking nose with good nostrils so I'm sure it can handle it.

It would be up to TF, Ruben etc to create a role for McLaren that doesn't leave any doubt for Les on his position - we on the outside will have doubts about that no matter what. Let McLaren come in as a part time consultant. JImmy's a proud man no doubt but if he has any sense he'll be seen to take it in his stride and learn from it.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:47 - Sep 22 with 3390 viewsDeepcutHoop

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:09 - Sep 22 by adhoc_qpr

Steve McClaren seems to alternate between one successful job and one disastrous job - he's done that his whole career!

So he's due a good one.

I think it just muddies the water if we bring him in with JFH though. Leave JFH to succeed or sack him on his own merits, don't undermine him to try to slyly usurp him.

Yep, if Fernandes thinks he's not up for the job, rightly or wrongly, just man up and send him on his way.

This seems spineless, and undermines the manager, just like it did when we did exactly the same thing last year.

This whole season is already feeling extremely familiar, let's not just do a flat-out repeat.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:58 - Sep 22 with 3355 viewsNorthernr

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:47 - Sep 22 by DeepcutHoop

Yep, if Fernandes thinks he's not up for the job, rightly or wrongly, just man up and send him on his way.

This seems spineless, and undermines the manager, just like it did when we did exactly the same thing last year.

This whole season is already feeling extremely familiar, let's not just do a flat-out repeat.

Agree with this, if you're not happy just sack him. Last September/October/November was a right horrible mess and we only really started recovering from it around March by which time the season was over.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:01 - Sep 22 with 3345 viewsPlanetHonneywood

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:24 - Sep 22 by francisbowles

You ruin your interesting post by being so disrespectfull to Chris Ramsey!

He is a decent individual who tried his best, got off to a good start but for a variety of reasons saw results go downill and lost his position.

He continues to serve our club in another position now. While he does he is in effect 'one of us'

So please show some common decency and cut out the derogatory references to an employee of the club you and I love so much.

Damn, I seemed to have edited out my post!

The point I was going to add was that CR was not just one bad decision, but two within six months. How he got and then retained the manager's job says nothing positive about those that made the decision or, their decision making processes. CR was an odd appointment, a bizarre retention for a club with a history of making phish poor descions.

I might be wrong on this, but to keep him, didn't the club sack the under-resourced SG? For me, CR has always struck me as a classic case of cronyism. Thus far, I've not seen anything from CR's tenure at QPR that warrants my respect and frankly, if people want to call him a donkey, I can fully understand why.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 11:29]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 11:13 - Sep 22 with 3298 viewsqprxtc

I can name plenty we've had worse than him. Was he a good manager? When we won, yes. When we lost, no.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 11:51 - Sep 22 with 3197 viewsdaveB

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 10:13 - Sep 22 by rsonist

Or just like McClaren came in three years ago because we needed some experience to help out. We have been here before, you're right - and he was purely a coach then and didn't undermine anyone.

I don't know why most of you are automatically reading something nefarious into it.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 10:14]

We shall see, the article suggests he is coming as an adviser similar to Warnock rather than coach
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 12:19 - Sep 22 with 3143 viewsonlyrinmoray

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 11:13 - Sep 22 by qprxtc

I can name plenty we've had worse than him. Was he a good manager? When we won, yes. When we lost, no.

I agree Ramsey wasn't a good manager but he seems to be a good coach Steve McLaren isn't a good manager but a good coach, yet it is being talked about appointing him as the new manager ... crazy..and we have had a lot worse managers than Chris Ramsey

Rioch Harford both of them Hart Mullery Dowie Hughes
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 12:22 - Sep 22 with 3119 viewsrsonist

I find it pretty difficult to believe that TF - who has already taken a backseat to Ruben and co - is suddenly going to jump in after a few bad results and hire someone in a role that competes directly with Les'.

I find it pretty easy to believe that the Sun has mangled the situation to make it look as discordant and sensational as possible.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:23 - Sep 22 with 3115 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:01 - Sep 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Damn, I seemed to have edited out my post!

The point I was going to add was that CR was not just one bad decision, but two within six months. How he got and then retained the manager's job says nothing positive about those that made the decision or, their decision making processes. CR was an odd appointment, a bizarre retention for a club with a history of making phish poor descions.

I might be wrong on this, but to keep him, didn't the club sack the under-resourced SG? For me, CR has always struck me as a classic case of cronyism. Thus far, I've not seen anything from CR's tenure at QPR that warrants my respect and frankly, if people want to call him a donkey, I can fully understand why.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 11:29]

Donkeys are getting a bad rap out of this thread.
..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 12:36 - Sep 22 with 3071 viewsrsonist

Ramsey was - and remains - a hugely respected coach who Les knew very well. As McClaren shows, coaching doesn't always translate well to management.

I think the decision to keep Ramsey on for last season was Les looking to have someone (someone he believed in) to focus solely on coaching players, while he sorted out the mess of infrastructure around him at the time. (The DoF continuity we were all begging for). It's quite possible that another manager like Warburton or Clement or Warnock would not have submitted to this new club structure in the same way, and so they were ruled out. The club opted for a period of transition (TF wobble aside) and committed to it.

Ramsey wasn't very good in the end. When Les saw that, he acted. He again looked for someone that would work within the continuity the club had created and hired someone who appeared to be one of the brightest young managers in the country who was hungry to step up.

That's the logic I'm seeing. If you want to have a tantrum and throw around words like cronyism instead then knock yourselves out.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 12:41]
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:36 - Sep 22 with 3066 viewsPlanetHonneywood

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:23 - Sep 22 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Donkeys are getting a bad rap out of this thread.

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 12:55 - Sep 22 with 2984 viewsPlanetHonneywood

..and the Sun says.... Tony wants McClaren back on 12:36 - Sep 22 by rsonist

Ramsey was - and remains - a hugely respected coach who Les knew very well. As McClaren shows, coaching doesn't always translate well to management.

I think the decision to keep Ramsey on for last season was Les looking to have someone (someone he believed in) to focus solely on coaching players, while he sorted out the mess of infrastructure around him at the time. (The DoF continuity we were all begging for). It's quite possible that another manager like Warburton or Clement or Warnock would not have submitted to this new club structure in the same way, and so they were ruled out. The club opted for a period of transition (TF wobble aside) and committed to it.

Ramsey wasn't very good in the end. When Les saw that, he acted. He again looked for someone that would work within the continuity the club had created and hired someone who appeared to be one of the brightest young managers in the country who was hungry to step up.

That's the logic I'm seeing. If you want to have a tantrum and throw around words like cronyism instead then knock yourselves out.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 12:41]

I see more straw clutching than logic with that analysis amigo.

How do you logically explain the decision to give the poisoned chalice of a job to a 53 year old total novice, who so clearly lacked the characteristics to be a manager (which is more of a compliment than a slight)? Only to then go and offer the job on a permanent basis with a three year contract, after hardly showing the qualities required, and not see this as being more cronyism than illogical baffles me.

As I say, I think he's working with the youth but did I read he has a more overseeing coaching role. If that is the case, then it further feeds into my view about his retention being pal based then logical if prospective managers were expected to work with CR if they wanted the job.

As for the craving of a DiF, that was something called for as far back as August 2011 and grew as it became clear, TF hadn't a clue what he was doing. It segways into the other questions about; job spec, candidates and what basis was SLF offered the role over other candidates?

Upshot, logic is not something I readily associate with APR decision making since we entered the 21st century
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 13:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024