Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson 09:01 - Jul 22 with 6303 viewsdingdangblue

Well going off pre season so far.......its fair to say......we desperately need to keep hold of Hendo.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ian Henderson on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 4343 viewsParkinsGimp

I agree wholeheartedly, if Hendo goes we will need to get a goal scoring stiker... note I said a "GOAL SCORING STRIKER" . I didnt go last night I was working and will probably be working Saturday, but wont be going against MK Franchise, so cant comment on the team as such, but the lack of decent signings will affect floating fans no doubt.
Ian Henderson on 09:18 - Jul 22 with 4323 viewsRotherhamDale

'Lack of decent signings'

I disagree. I think we're going into the season with a better squad/team than we started with last season. There isn't a position where we look weak. Perhaps we could do with a defensive midfielder, but I wouldn't say that we're desperate for that.

Possession with progression.

Ian Henderson on 09:24 - Jul 22 with 4300 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on 09:18 - Jul 22 by RotherhamDale

'Lack of decent signings'

I disagree. I think we're going into the season with a better squad/team than we started with last season. There isn't a position where we look weak. Perhaps we could do with a defensive midfielder, but I wouldn't say that we're desperate for that.

Maybe there isn't a position we look weak 1-11 but it is a slight worry we are relying on 1 person to get our goals.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Ian Henderson on 09:34 - Jul 22 with 4259 viewsRotherhamDale

Ian Henderson on 09:24 - Jul 22 by dingdangblue

Maybe there isn't a position we look weak 1-11 but it is a slight worry we are relying on 1 person to get our goals.

The goals will come. We know that Peter V will get at least 10, Hendo 15+, hopefully McDermott and Calv can chip in. Allessandra has a decent record.

Don't panic!

Ian Henderson on 09:57 - Jul 22 with 4188 viewszxcvbnm

Ian Henderson on 09:34 - Jul 22 by RotherhamDale

The goals will come. We know that Peter V will get at least 10, Hendo 15+, hopefully McDermott and Calv can chip in. Allessandra has a decent record.

Don't panic!

Gk still concerns me, I felt Lillis should have saved the Blackburn goal.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Ian Henderson on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 4179 viewsmikehunt

I mentioned in another post how strong a squad we seem to have assembled. When you think we still have the likes of Rhys and Raff to fall back on, things are looking good. The majority of players have a season together under their belts and the way they played last night reflected this. I thought defensively we were quite solid on the whole. I've always thought start at the back with team development.
Goals often come from unexpected sources and I would hope we have enough about us to start putting a few away (and not just rely on Hendo) there might be a role for Bunney yet. He didn't play too bad last night.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ian Henderson on 10:15 - Jul 22 with 4103 viewsNafelad

Ian Henderson on 09:57 - Jul 22 by zxcvbnm

Lillis 'should have saved it' - I wonder what this assessment is based on? It seems to me that if you've made your mind up that Lillis is not good enough, then you're more likely to find fault with him than praise him.

Topcat

Ian Henderson on 10:20 - Jul 22 with 4083 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis relationship with Hill must have come under strain last season. I know I wouldnt have been happy having come in on the Tuesday night to beat Orient then get dropped for Jamie Jones v Mk Dons on the following Saturday. Now he's back to being trusted as our Number 1 again? It is a unique position as there is nowhere to hide as a keeper - you are either first choice or you're not playing.

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 4001 viewsNigeriamark

Ian Henderson on 09:24 - Jul 22 by dingdangblue

didn't go last night but from what I saw from the first free friendlies I would still want GK ( Logan as our marquee signing?) and a tough tackling midfielder. Another goalscorer would be a nice to have in case the goals dry up a bit but for me trying to concede less than the second half of last season would be the priority
Ian Henderson on 10:46 - Jul 22 with 4001 viewszxcvbnm

Ian Henderson on 10:15 - Jul 22 by Nafelad

Lillis 'should have saved it' - I wonder what this assessment is based on? It seems to me that if you've made your mind up that Lillis is not good enough, then you're more likely to find fault with him than praise him.

I made my mind up on that by watching the game... If it had been Logan in goal and he'd have let it in I'd have said the same.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Ian Henderson on 10:55 - Jul 22 with 3969 viewsdingdangblue

It was a very well struck shot low into the bottom corner. I wouldn't class it as a "should have saved it" type of goal.

Ian Henderson on 10:59 - Jul 22 with 3955 viewsDaley_Lama

Decent game from Josh last night, he still isn't 6' 8" and therefore doesn't collect every corner/cross , instead punching the ball but apart from that, solid display, saved a couple, one got past him. Best save of the night was by Lancy after Josh had been rounded after another break down our left side.

One plus from me from him is that he has upped the speed that he tries to spring an attack as soon as we get the ball. Logan was ace at it, their corner, he clasps the ball, 2 seconds later the ball is going long for Hendo/whoever.

Josh was for me much speedier in that respect last night.

Poll: DF in or out

Ian Henderson on 11:39 - Jul 22 with 3845 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on 10:15 - Jul 22 by Nafelad

Lillis isnt good enough,hence Hilly binning him twice in favour of loanees.
Hes decent back up but is no way league 1 standard to play every week
Ian Henderson on 11:49 - Jul 22 with 3825 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on 11:39 - Jul 22 by nordenblue

Lillis isnt good enough,hence Hilly binning him twice in favour of loanees.
Hes decent back up but is no way league 1 standard to play every week

He didn't bin him twice. Had he not been injured at Chesterfield we may never have seen Logan in a Dale shirt.

Ian Henderson on 12:12 - Jul 22 with 3757 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on 11:49 - Jul 22 by dingdangblue

He didn't bin him twice. Had he not been injured at Chesterfield we may never have seen Logan in a Dale shirt.

I must have imagined both Logan and Jones(?) playing in front of him whilst Josh was fit to start then
Ian Henderson on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 3731 viewstazzydjr

He helped Rochdale reach a cup final first time since 26 May 2008 against decent opposition (Under 21 Premier League Champions), I wouldn't be writing him off just yet made some incredible saves also during that second half at Altrincham.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Ian Henderson on 12:18 - Jul 22 with 3729 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on 12:12 - Jul 22 by nordenblue

I must have imagined both Logan and Jones(?) playing in front of him whilst Josh was fit to start then

Dont forget Hill played Diba ahead of him in the 2nd half at Chesterfield. So he was actually binned 3 times.

Ian Henderson on 13:11 - Jul 22 with 3583 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on 12:18 - Jul 22 by dingdangblue

Dont forget Hill played Diba ahead of him in the 2nd half at Chesterfield. So he was actually binned 3 times.

Make your mind up,thought you said he wasnt binned at all to begin with?
Playing loanees in front of you when your fit is a blatant show of no confidence.
Ian Henderson on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 3542 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on 13:11 - Jul 22 by nordenblue

Make your mind up,thought you said he wasnt binned at all to begin with?
Playing loanees in front of you when your fit is a blatant show of no confidence.

Dont be daft, everyone knows Conrad Logan if available to Dale and Keith Hill will start ahead of Josh Lillis.

Ian Henderson on 15:33 - Jul 22 with 3377 viewsRotherhamDale

Last nights goal does look like it was a deflection. However, it beat him at his near post which i'm sure he's disappointed with.

Ian Henderson on 18:13 - Jul 22 with 3180 viewsYorkshire_Dale

.....back to Hendo...........get that contract signed Ian, we need a boost before the season starts!

Get cracking!
Ian Henderson on 18:16 - Jul 22 with 3164 viewsaleanddale

Ian Henderson on 18:13 - Jul 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

.....back to Hendo...........get that contract signed Ian, we need a boost before the season starts!

Get cracking!

Agree.

Dale Talisman he just makes us tick.
Ian Henderson on 10:39 - Jul 23 with 2783 viewsoa85

what amount was being mooted for Henderson? we are selling Forte for £120k and I wouldn't mind Henderson as a replacement
Ian Henderson on 10:46 - Jul 23 with 2759 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 10:39 - Jul 23 by oa85

what amount was being mooted for Henderson? we are selling Forte for £120k and I wouldn't mind Henderson as a replacement

OIRO £3M?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on 11:20 - Jul 23 with 2674 viewselectricblue

Its possible that Logan is not fully over his injury hence him not being signed up anywhere or he is holding out for the money.........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024