Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever 20:02 - Oct 10 with 3364 views442Dale

Following on from last week's overrated thread and mention of THAT Carlisle match (even though I'm not choosing it, it came a close second).... Film/Drink/Dale away game are your subjects to fume over.

Worst ever film: Vanilla Sky. Cruise at his worst, and he's bad enough anyway, combined with a storyline which had been doused in a vat of utter nonsense.

Worst ever drink: cider & black. Invented sh/te. Why would anyone want to make a stupidly sweet drink even sweeter?

Worst ever Dale away match: Liverpool. From the East Lancs, to team selection, to capitulation, to day trippers thinking it was all a great laugh, it was a day where watching Vanilla Sky with a pint of cider & black would have been preferable.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 20:16]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Worst ever on 20:12 - Oct 10 with 2683 viewsSalwaDale

Titanic, yawn.
Vodka, what is the point?
Burnley away on boxing day 1987. Lost 4-0, ruined my Christmas.

TBBT

Worst ever on 20:15 - Oct 10 with 2672 viewsMIlnrowdale

Film - Zoolander

Drink - non alcoholic lager

Away day - Lincoln 7-1
Worst ever on 22:48 - Oct 10 with 2524 viewsChaffRAFC

Film: Dirty Dancing. F**king awful movie that women gush over. It's banned in our house. Swayze is a c**t, that silly bint in it isn't even fit and it's just a soppy piece of crap. It also gave us the worst song ever written, that stupid Time Of Your Life song that everyone loves at party's where I spend the entire song wishing to kill myself. God I hate that movie!

Drink: Tea! I don't drink tea or coffee to be fair but I can drink coffee on occasion but tea is absolutely vile! How do people drink it?!

Dale Away Game: Tough one this, fair few to choose from but I'll go with Lincoln away under Paul Simpson. Was like the second game of the season I think, or very early on at least. Expectations were very high, we'd signed Hodges, Beech and Macauley in addition to a squad that finished 5th and we were absolutely appalling from minute one through to 90+. One of the worst performances I've ever seen and it was a Tuesday night game to boot so got home at a silly time with college first thing the next morning. We got beat 2-0, can't remember who scored but Simon Yeo was in the side so I suspect he may have bagged. Mark Bailey was made to look like Pirlo by Flitcroft and Beech as well.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Worst ever on 22:54 - Oct 10 with 2515 views442Dale

Worst ever on 22:48 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

Film: Dirty Dancing. F**king awful movie that women gush over. It's banned in our house. Swayze is a c**t, that silly bint in it isn't even fit and it's just a soppy piece of crap. It also gave us the worst song ever written, that stupid Time Of Your Life song that everyone loves at party's where I spend the entire song wishing to kill myself. God I hate that movie!

Drink: Tea! I don't drink tea or coffee to be fair but I can drink coffee on occasion but tea is absolutely vile! How do people drink it?!

Dale Away Game: Tough one this, fair few to choose from but I'll go with Lincoln away under Paul Simpson. Was like the second game of the season I think, or very early on at least. Expectations were very high, we'd signed Hodges, Beech and Macauley in addition to a squad that finished 5th and we were absolutely appalling from minute one through to 90+. One of the worst performances I've ever seen and it was a Tuesday night game to boot so got home at a silly time with college first thing the next morning. We got beat 2-0, can't remember who scored but Simon Yeo was in the side so I suspect he may have bagged. Mark Bailey was made to look like Pirlo by Flitcroft and Beech as well.

Swayze was great in Point Break and not bad when beating up Terry Funk in Road House.

Had forgotten that Lincoln game; we were so, so bad that night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Worst ever on 22:59 - Oct 10 with 2507 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Filth

Urine

Torquay 5-0 Rochdale
Worst ever on 23:13 - Oct 10 with 2486 viewsD_Alien

Film: anything with Jim Carrey e.g. Bruce Almighty

Drink: Tomato Juice - uuuuurrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dale away match: Huddersfield 5 Dale 1 c. 1980-ish Huddersfield must've been crap because we scored. The only time I've laughed my way through a game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Worst ever on 23:20 - Oct 10 with 2463 viewsbig_dave2010

Worst ever on 22:48 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

Film... Tough one but I would go for Gandhi.

Drink... Guinness, pointless drink. Closely followed by Dark Mild.

Dale game.... There would be two.

1. Torquay away, 2010. we went down there full of expectation and promotion parties were being planned.

2. Shrewsbury at home. 1-7. Luke Rodgers going through our defence like a hot knife through butter. pretty sure he got three goals that day.
Worst ever on 11:30 - Oct 11 with 2320 viewsColDale

Rocky IV(but wonderful for being so bad)
Wine
Wrexham away in preseason under Eyre. All the proof needed that we'd appointed a dead duck.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever on 13:07 - Oct 11 with 2235 viewsShun

The Fountain. Or Tree of Life. I usually like pretentious movies but these were just unexplainable.

Any beer/lager. It tastes horrible and nobody's ever had a few without looking and smelling vile afterwards.

Notts County away in the 2010 promotion season. I've never felt so disillusioned with football before. I'd gone there naively believing that we would triumph, that good would best evil. But it wasn't to be. The title dream was over.
Worst ever on 13:14 - Oct 11 with 2221 viewsDorsetDale

Film - anything produced in Hollywood
Drink - brandy
Away - Boston about 10 years ago, we really were shite, flicker (worst player on the pitch) got a consolation goal at the end.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Worst ever on 16:47 - Oct 11 with 2108 viewsolympicdale

Anything that contains Adam Sandler

Dandelion and burdock, utterly disgusting

Macclesfield 1-0, Parkins final game in his second spell if I remember, the whole atmosphere in the away end was like a funeral.

Life is a game of fate.

Worst ever on 17:12 - Oct 11 with 2083 viewsTVOS1907

Worst ever on 16:47 - Oct 11 by olympicdale

Anything that contains Adam Sandler

Dandelion and burdock, utterly disgusting

Macclesfield 1-0, Parkins final game in his second spell if I remember, the whole atmosphere in the away end was like a funeral.

There were two more 1-0 defeats after that - at home to Peterborough and away at Hartlepool.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Worst ever on 18:21 - Oct 11 with 2016 viewsNigeriamark

Desperately seeking Susan (only film where I have left the cinema before the end)

Brandy

Losing 1-0 to Droylsden in the FA cup ( also one of few times I left before the end because you knew we wouldn't score)
Worst ever on 18:39 - Oct 11 with 1984 viewsmikehunt

Worst ever on 23:13 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

Film: anything with Jim Carrey e.g. Bruce Almighty

Drink: Tomato Juice - uuuuurrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dale away match: Huddersfield 5 Dale 1 c. 1980-ish Huddersfield must've been crap because we scored. The only time I've laughed my way through a game.

But Bruce Almighty has one of cinema's funniest moments - where he controls what the newsreader is saying. Sort of redeems the film.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Worst ever on 19:03 - Oct 11 with 1960 viewselectricblue

Film - any musical bores the crap out of me....

Drink - Budweiser too gasey.

Away day - Carlise Away on that dreadful night....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Worst ever on 19:11 - Oct 11 with 1940 viewsD_Alien

Worst ever on 19:03 - Oct 11 by electricblue

Film - any musical bores the crap out of me....

Drink - Budweiser too gasey.

Away day - Carlise Away on that dreadful night....

Great shout on musicals.

If an alien species picked up signals from earth containing them, at least they wouldn't bother invading. Or if they did, they'd stand around waiting for us to burst into song.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Worst ever on 19:22 - Oct 11 with 1916 viewsmacro

Worst film - anchorman ( I know I'm in the minority but it bored me stupid)

Worst drink - gin

Worst dale match - lots of depressing barrow and Coleman ones but I think defeat at forest green in the fa cup was particularly poor
Worst ever on 19:29 - Oct 11 with 1900 viewsnordenblue

Film - Titanic, not spending 3 hours of my life watching a boat sink

Drink - Root beer, you'd be better off actually eating a tub of germolene, closely followed by ginger ale another shocker for heart burn

Match- Scunthorpe away lost 6-2 on perhaps the coldest night known to man
Worst ever on 20:08 - Oct 11 with 1860 viewsmikehunt

Film - The Fifth Dimension (that one with Bruce Willis in it. Have never made it to the end of that film)

Drink - Spo. ( however you spell it)

Away game - Southend under Coleman. You can learn to like a winning team and we went one up to go top of the league but soon let that slip and lost 3 -1. That begun the slip into near oblivion. The beginning of the end for Coleman and our subsequent Renaissance. But we weren't to know that at the time.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Worst ever on 20:10 - Oct 11 with 1859 viewsAtThePeake

Film: Twilight. Got dragged along to the first one by my girlfriend of the time. Needless to say she didn't last long after that.

Drink: Alcopops ala WKD and VS. Shite.

Dale away match: Going for that Macclesfield one as well. Definitely one of those 'what am I doing with my life' points.

Tangled up in blue.

Worst ever on 20:36 - Oct 11 with 1826 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Worst ever on 11:30 - Oct 11 by ColDale

Rocky IV(but wonderful for being so bad)
Wine
Wrexham away in preseason under Eyre. All the proof needed that we'd appointed a dead duck.

Can I shock you? I like wine...
Worst ever on 20:49 - Oct 11 with 1811 viewstazzydjr

Film - A Man Apart

Drink - Jack Daniels (Always leaves a sickly taste in my mouth even with coke it's still very bitter)

Away Day - Stevenage 4 - 2 Rochdale , 3rd September 2011

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Worst ever on 21:04 - Oct 11 with 1785 viewszxcvbnm

Film - Titanic - like many others here. I got dragged to the cinema when it was out and got thrown out for shouting just hurry up and die at the screen

Worst Drink - going back to my youth - 20/20 - jesus wept tasted like paint stripper

Worst Dale Match - Agree with Southend away under Coleman - might as well have burnt money

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Worst ever on 22:14 - Oct 11 with 1731 viewsMIlnrowdale

Worst ever on 19:22 - Oct 11 by macro

Worst film - anchorman ( I know I'm in the minority but it bored me stupid)

Worst drink - gin

Worst dale match - lots of depressing barrow and Coleman ones but I think defeat at forest green in the fa cup was particularly poor

Anchorman was a good film, but Jesus the second one is shite
Worst ever on 22:29 - Oct 11 with 1710 viewsjudd

Film: Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang - despite the title, absolutely no shagging in it

Drink: Shandy. Disgraceful way to treat beer.

Game: The Lincoln one mentioned first by Chaff. First time I ever left a Dale game early, got to the pub and half a dozen Dale fans had beat me to it. The only other games I left early were during Coleman's time.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024