Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie Cooper 20:00 - Apr 29 with 1328 viewsdna

I'm confused or just don't appreciate what I'm watching

Can someone explain what he brings to the team, maybe it's just me
Ollie Cooper on 20:13 - Apr 29 with 1285 viewspembsjack

A bit of energy and desire, as basic as that is, many players have lacked that this season.
Ollie Cooper on 20:21 - Apr 29 with 1262 viewsDr_Winston

Ollie Cooper on 20:13 - Apr 29 by pembsjack

A bit of energy and desire, as basic as that is, many players have lacked that this season.

Unfortunately energy and desire only goes so far without quality.

He's always been a nuisance and a willing worker but there's always been issues with his technical ability. I can remember people clamouring for him to start ahead of Pato as if that wasn't going to be a major downgrade.

File alongside Cullen. Hard working popular local boy who we really need better than for next season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ollie Cooper on 21:05 - Apr 29 with 1193 viewsgrabsplatter

Ollie Cooper on 20:21 - Apr 29 by Dr_Winston

He's always been a nuisance and a willing worker but there's always been issues with his technical ability. I can remember people clamouring for him to start ahead of Pato as if that wasn't going to be a major downgrade.

File alongside Cullen. Hard working popular local boy who we really need better than for next season.

Works hard & wins a few free kicks, apart from that I've no idea.
Unfortunately not a Championship player in my opinion.
Ollie Cooper on 01:06 - Apr 30 with 1064 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not pushed on like I hoped he would when he first came onto the scene last season.
Ollie Cooper on 06:32 - Apr 30 with 1029 viewsPawelAbbott

He is a typical lower mid-table Championship bench warmer.
Would probably start in lower mid-table League One.
Most poor Championship teams have the same sort of player. Not too expensive and won't look out of place for the last 10 minutes now and again.
Ollie Cooper on 08:22 - Apr 30 with 940 viewsjack247

Ollie Cooper on 20:21 - Apr 29 by Dr_Winston

We’ve made do with what we’ve got towards the end of this season and to be fair, have gone on a decent little run.

Both of them are good options for the last 20 minutes. Cullen is versatile and can nick goals. Cooper adds a bit of intensity against tiring defences. I don’t think either of them have enough to be regular starters and I’d be surprised if either of them are next season.

In fairness, Paterson wasn’t the same player under Martin. I think those calls were quite reasonable at the time. They certainly wouldn’t be now.
Ollie Cooper on 08:27 - Apr 30 with 926 viewsWhiterockin

Ollie Cooper on 06:32 - Apr 30 by PawelAbbott

Most poor Championship teams have the same sort of player. Not too expensive and won't look out of place for the last 10 minutes now and again.

Currently he is a mid table Championship starter.
Ollie Cooper on 08:56 - Apr 30 with 895 viewsswancity

He's a player with ability and flair undoubtedly but he needs to be more consistent. He can be almost anonymous at times but is certainly capable of making an impact. He’s a creative skilful player but needs to produce on a more regular basis but that would come with a good run in the team. It’s a catch 22 situation at the moment.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie Cooper on 09:23 - Apr 30 with 867 viewsWhiterockin

Ollie Cooper on 08:56 - Apr 30 by swancity

He's a player with ability and flair undoubtedly but he needs to be more consistent. He can be almost anonymous at times but is certainly capable of making an impact. He’s a creative skilful player but needs to produce on a more regular basis but that would come with a good run in the team. It’s a catch 22 situation at the moment.

I think at the moment Williams has asked him to do a specific job, without the ball close players down and with the ball run at the defence, this he is doing and why he is being picked.
Ollie Cooper on 13:15 - Apr 30 with 730 viewsRhonddaSwans

Ollie Cooper on 06:32 - Apr 30 by PawelAbbott

God thats harsh mate.
He was in the Wales squad not long ago 😂

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Ollie Cooper on 13:16 - Apr 30 with 728 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ollie Cooper on 09:23 - Apr 30 by Whiterockin

I think at the moment Williams has asked him to do a specific job, without the ball close players down and with the ball run at the defence, this he is doing and why he is being picked.

He needs to score more goals. He often gets shots away but is not clinical enough perhaps.

Tactically I am not sufficiently researched but the Pink UN of Norwich gives him 2-3 honourable mentions.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24287425.norwich-city-2-2-swansea-ben-

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ollie Cooper on 17:08 - Apr 30 with 617 viewsEagleEye

Enigma
Ollie Cooper on 13:11 - May 2 with 356 viewshobo

Ollie Cooper on 08:27 - Apr 30 by Whiterockin

Currently he is a mid table Championship starter.

I think he meant Oli would be a star in League 1
Ollie Cooper on 14:50 - May 2 with 306 viewsWhiterockin

Ollie Cooper on 13:11 - May 2 by hobo

I think he meant Oli would be a star in League 1

That's not what he said.

"Would probably start in lower mid-table League One."
Ollie Cooper on 15:02 - May 2 with 284 viewsRichardO

Ollie Cooper on 08:22 - Apr 30 by jack247

We’ve made do with what we’ve got towards the end of this season and to be fair, have gone on a decent little run.

Both of them are good options for the last 20 minutes. Cullen is versatile and can nick goals. Cooper adds a bit of intensity against tiring defences. I don’t think either of them have enough to be regular starters and I’d be surprised if either of them are next season.

In fairness, Paterson wasn’t the same player under Martin. I think those calls were quite reasonable at the time. They certainly wouldn’t be now.

Last season under Martin Cooper looked like a foil for Piroe along with Cundle which meant they went on an early season run once new defenders Wood and Darling got up to Championship speed, the run ended in the first game away against Burnley, can't remember if we lost Manning and changed the midfield.It took until the end of the season run where Cooper played a midfield role on the left not as far forward letting Manning roam forward while Cooper covered him again we went on a winning run.
He has also played on the right wing role not particularly effective but been moved about a bit.
I quite like him on the inside left side of the midfield which allows Paterson to play inside right both of which feeds the players out wide with their preferred foot, Paterson when playing inside left seems to get in the way of wide men while also turning away from them when cutting into the middle so not supplying Tymon runs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024