Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shout out to Merthyr Town 19:49 - Apr 27 with 1661 viewsSgorioFruit

last game of season today,

They won 7-1

Sadly, after all their efforts they finished just one point outside of the play off places.

The league above them is the conference south (or national league south)

They also had the leagues top goal scorer this season. he scored 5 goals today fair play

Currently sit 3 promotions away from league 2

Stranger things have happened.

Up the Martyrs
[Post edited 27 Apr 19:50]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 10:51 - Apr 28 with 1410 viewsjohnlangy

Now that would be brilliant id Merthyr were to get back into the EFL.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:14 - Apr 28 with 1284 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 10:51 - Apr 28 by johnlangy

Now that would be brilliant id Merthyr were to get back into the EFL.

They have not been in the EFL in my lifetime. Their presence there is a pre professional perhaps? They should endeavour to be a professional team in the Genaro Adran LoW. The big fish in south Wales.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 1274 viewsswancity

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:14 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

They have not been in the EFL in my lifetime. Their presence there is a pre professional perhaps? They should endeavour to be a professional team in the Genaro Adran LoW. The big fish in south Wales.

Nonsense. They would be foolish to give up their place and status in the English FA pyramid system. They have high travel costs and expenses of course but are in the verge of finding a way to get back to Conference level and then from there it’ll take a large injection of money undoubtedly.

You just need to take a look at what Newport have done with their re-emergence over the past few years. I applaud Merthyr for standing their ground and wish them well in their efforts to make progress. Unless there comes a time when welsh clubs are forced to play in welsh leagues they must stay where they are. In the same way that Swansea Wrexham etc need to. Look at Wrexham now. Some were advocating that they should relinquish their English FA status a few years ago…

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 22:49 - Apr 28 with 1223 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:34 - Apr 28 by swancity

Nonsense. They would be foolish to give up their place and status in the English FA pyramid system. They have high travel costs and expenses of course but are in the verge of finding a way to get back to Conference level and then from there it’ll take a large injection of money undoubtedly.

You just need to take a look at what Newport have done with their re-emergence over the past few years. I applaud Merthyr for standing their ground and wish them well in their efforts to make progress. Unless there comes a time when welsh clubs are forced to play in welsh leagues they must stay where they are. In the same way that Swansea Wrexham etc need to. Look at Wrexham now. Some were advocating that they should relinquish their English FA status a few years ago…

Their time in the equivalent EFL was pre 1945. 80 years ago.

A very long time. They have gone bust at least twice. Their prospects of ever getting into the EFL are not great. No one seems very interested in how they are getting on against Cinderford, Tiverton, Totten and the like.

They do not produce too many good prospects. Lewis Webb perhaps. Swansea prefer to send their lona player t the Genaro LoW such as cabango and McFadyan.

A few years ago thy had a whip around after Inland Revenue served a Notice.

They would be more noticeable if they were battling the North Wales teams in my opinion.

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 09:15 - Apr 29 with 1166 viewsSwans9

Can't see why we don't send 2 of our youth players to them like when we sent Cabango to tbs on loan. Would benefit both clubs and it could of got them 5 instead of 6 and into the play offs.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 1146 viewsswancity

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 22:49 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

A very long time. They have gone bust at least twice. Their prospects of ever getting into the EFL are not great. No one seems very interested in how they are getting on against Cinderford, Tiverton, Totten and the like.

They do not produce too many good prospects. Lewis Webb perhaps. Swansea prefer to send their lona player t the Genaro LoW such as cabango and McFadyan.

They would be more noticeable if they were battling the North Wales teams in my opinion.

Id strongly disagree as do the majority of Merthyr fans

With crowds up to 1500 this season things are on the up. Run by the Supporters Trust I believe so they will need investment. Only two years ago they made the FA Cup Round one proper. They’ve had good times and they can get them back but not in the welsh league which itself is improving as well.

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 12:57 - Apr 29 with 1117 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 11:37 - Apr 29 by swancity

Id strongly disagree as do the majority of Merthyr fans

With crowds up to 1500 this season things are on the up. Run by the Supporters Trust I believe so they will need investment. Only two years ago they made the FA Cup Round one proper. They’ve had good times and they can get them back but not in the welsh league which itself is improving as well.

I accept what you say. I wish them well but I do not see them as well established EFL team. Barry Town, Colwyn Bay, Bangor City and Rhyl all had the same philosophy and all came back to the LoW. The problem with Genaro LoW is a lack of crowds.

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 13:01 - Apr 29 with 1116 viewsKeithHaynes

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 12:57 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I accept what you say. I wish them well but I do not see them as well established EFL team. Barry Town, Colwyn Bay, Bangor City and Rhyl all had the same philosophy and all came back to the LoW. The problem with Genaro LoW is a lack of crowds.

Compared to the surge of crowds in Scottish lowland & Highland leagues. It’s incredible.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 13:13 - Apr 30 with 941 viewsRhonddaSwans

God alive who would want to play in the welsh leagues on purpose?

The only games I ever watch is the first round of the euro qualifiers (as no team from wales gets past there)

Think of a Merthyr fan saying that about us?
We should rejoin the loW?
The league of wales is mega boring.

I for one look out for their results week in week out.
They were in the 1st round proper of the fa cup last year.

So they are getting something right over there.

I haven't watched a welsh league game, since Trundle was playing and that was just because it was on s4c.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 13:25 - Apr 30 with 918 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 13:13 - Apr 30 by RhonddaSwans

God alive who would want to play in the welsh leagues on purpose?

The only games I ever watch is the first round of the euro qualifiers (as no team from wales gets past there)

Think of a Merthyr fan saying that about us?
We should rejoin the loW?
The league of wales is mega boring.

I for one look out for their results week in week out.
They were in the 1st round proper of the fa cup last year.

So they are getting something right over there.

I haven't watched a welsh league game, since Trundle was playing and that was just because it was on s4c.

It is up to them. They can be grateful to the English leagues for allowing them to stay in their league.

I have been to a few of their games and apart from Hereford there are no away fans from Cinderford Hungerford and Tiveton and place I have never heard of.

Big shots in Wales ( in fact giants of south Wales) or no names playing no names in England. I would go for Wales and Euro competition. They still talk about Atalanta not Amersham United

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 14:07 - Apr 30 with 899 viewsWhiterockin

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 13:25 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

It is up to them. They can be grateful to the English leagues for allowing them to stay in their league.

I have been to a few of their games and apart from Hereford there are no away fans from Cinderford Hungerford and Tiveton and place I have never heard of.

Big shots in Wales ( in fact giants of south Wales) or no names playing no names in England. I would go for Wales and Euro competition. They still talk about Atalanta not Amersham United

Wrexham and Newport made the correct decision IMO staying with the English pyramid system when they were non league instead of moving to the Welsh league. In time merthyr could follow Newports example and work their way through. Just look at league Two and there are teams you would not think would be there 15-20 years ago, similar with the non league and established league clubs floundering. Promotion and relegation through the lower leagues seems more fluid now.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 19:46 - Apr 30 with 819 viewsmax936

Had a job up at Treharris today and had to negotiate the roadworks from Hirwaun onwards, dear me indeed, so I wouldn't want to travel up from here to watch them at home, be travelling back and forth Hereford in a few months time, but I won't be going that way

Should be brilliant when its finished, but when they couldn't build it in phases instead of all at once I don't know, although looking at the project that suggestion was probably not possible,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 00:32 - May 1 with 749 viewsBarryTownSwam

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:14 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Barry Town fan in peace .....

I have fond memories of old Southern League battles with Merthyr, like Barry they are a fans-owned club and I wish them well. However, the Genaro Adran you refer to is the women's league! Think your lads will struggle in that!
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 06:02 - May 1 with 725 viewsWhiterockin

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 00:32 - May 1 by BarryTownSwam

I have fond memories of old Southern League battles with Merthyr, like Barry they are a fans-owned club and I wish them well. However, the Genaro Adran you refer to is the women's league! Think your lads will struggle in that!

Don't worry mate he always has a problem with facts.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 16:43 - May 1 with 671 viewsmax936

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 06:02 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Don't worry mate he always has a problem with facts.

Cough Cough,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 21:20 - May 1 with 608 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 00:32 - May 1 by BarryTownSwam

You like me cannot even get your name right. Barry Town SWAM. It could be a CCFC reference of course.

I predict Merthyr will never get into the EFL. It was pre WW2 was they were last there.

Barry and Methyer based on fans should be bossing the LoW or whatever it is called these days. I watched Swansea u21 beat Barry quite easily in a pre season a few years back. Cullen hit a 30 yard free kick into the top corner.

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 18:34 - May 2 with 520 viewsswancity

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 21:20 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

You like me cannot even get your name right. Barry Town SWAM. It could be a CCFC reference of course.

I predict Merthyr will never get into the EFL. It was pre WW2 was they were last there.

Barry and Methyer based on fans should be bossing the LoW or whatever it is called these days. I watched Swansea u21 beat Barry quite easily in a pre season a few years back. Cullen hit a 30 yard free kick into the top corner.

Not sure what Swansea under 21s beating Barry a few years ago has to do with the subject 😂

You have a strange habit of clouding the waters to confuse things. Swansea under 21s beat Briton Ferry, a decent Welsh league club this season also 6-1 in a Cup comp. That May or not be of interest and relevance to you.

For me it showed the vast difference in quality.

It’s why Merthyr are right to continue in their quest to (try to)move up the English pyramid. The potential for getting into league 2 and beyond is huge. It’s unlikely to happen but they can dream. Money talks and no one knows what the future holds…

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 09:50 - May 3 with 434 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 19:46 - Apr 30 by max936

Had a job up at Treharris today and had to negotiate the roadworks from Hirwaun onwards, dear me indeed, so I wouldn't want to travel up from here to watch them at home, be travelling back and forth Hereford in a few months time, but I won't be going that way

Should be brilliant when its finished, but when they couldn't build it in phases instead of all at once I don't know, although looking at the project that suggestion was probably not possible,

It has been built in stages, the Dowlais top to Hirwaun section is the last section to be completed, and I agree it's a nightmare to navigate.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 10:00 - May 3 with 431 viewsblaenaugwentjack

I've always had a soft spot for Merthyr and I used to watch them quite regularly along with the swans. Merthyr s best chance of league football was when Lyn Jones was manager, sadly it didn't happen and I can't ever see it happening. The club just doesn't have the finicial resources for league football and every few years the club goes into meltdown. I have a good friend who avidly follows them and he is expecting a finicial crisis at the club yet again. I know lots of Merthyr followers don't want Cymru Premier football but I think it's inevitable. The league is desperate for a proper valleys side and Merthyr would fit the bill perfectly.
Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:21 - May 3 with 343 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 18:34 - May 2 by swancity

Not sure what Swansea under 21s beating Barry a few years ago has to do with the subject 😂

You have a strange habit of clouding the waters to confuse things. Swansea under 21s beat Briton Ferry, a decent Welsh league club this season also 6-1 in a Cup comp. That May or not be of interest and relevance to you.

For me it showed the vast difference in quality.

It’s why Merthyr are right to continue in their quest to (try to)move up the English pyramid. The potential for getting into league 2 and beyond is huge. It’s unlikely to happen but they can dream. Money talks and no one knows what the future holds…

I was empathising with the man from Jenner Park that is all.

Swansea u21 got walloped by TNS and Sheff utd u21 by the same score 5-1. SUFC had three Premier league first teamers in their squad.

Good learning experiences. Joe Thomas who was marking him tightly and has done well was on the six yard line Evan Watts in goal. A cross came in and Osula buried the header despite their presence. It was never in doubt. Those were not focussed like he was. He has played PL. Arbalaster and Mason Holgate were the others.
[Post edited 3 May 20:22]

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 20:43 - May 12 with 108 viewstrampie

Merthyr are one of the most famous non league clubs in England and Wales.
Can't be arsed to recheck, I'm sure Merthyr won the most Southern League titles alongside Southampton, when the Swans were champions winning their league title they played Merthyr in the Welsh cup final, when Merthyr were super strong, 35,000 crowd, Merthyr hammered the Swans.
I watched Merthyr as a boy in the early 70s play if i remember correctly Derby, Wolves, Chelsea, Spurs in pre season friendlies.
Merthyr beat/drew with Red Star Belgrade the season they won the European Cup, John Charles even played for Merthyr, Im not spending time checking because there are donuts on this site so I'm not wasting my time but something tells me Merthyr beat the Swans 3-0 at the Vetch and Cardiff 4-0 at Ninian Park in one of the more recent Welsh cups that the Swans were in.
They should have been elected to the football league in the 50s, they had a chance in the early days of the Conference, I remember them being 3rd or 4th with lots of ex football league players in their side (a few ex Swansea and Cardiff players).
[Post edited 12 May 21:29]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Shout out to Merthyr Town on 21:09 - May 12 with 60 viewsSullutaCreturned

Don't forget the Swans have had our own financial woes and we had a whip round too.

Who knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024