Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 113192 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:33 - Apr 25 with 934 viewsWhiterockin

Hopefully Mayals Rd will be one of the first to change back. Wide payments away from the road, well lit and a cycle lane away from the road. It should never have changed.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 20MPH punishments on 17:40 - Apr 25 with 919 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:33 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Hopefully Mayals Rd will be one of the first to change back. Wide payments away from the road, well lit and a cycle lane away from the road. It should never have changed.

This was the problem, the guidleines don't seem to have been followed very well, they changed a lot of roads that didn't need changing.

Lifelong says it's the law and they have a duty to enforce it BUT they can also change the law and make it better!
The 20MPH punishments on 11:58 - May 2 with 738 viewsWhiterockin

Date confirmed for Senedd debate on record breaking 20mph petition.

https://nation.cymru/news/date-confirmed-for-senedd-debate-on-record-breaking-20

The 20MPH punishments on 12:16 - May 2 with 718 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 11:58 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Date confirmed for Senedd debate on record breaking 20mph petition.

https://nation.cymru/news/date-confirmed-for-senedd-debate-on-record-breaking-20

I wonder if those who voted from the Falklands will be attending the debate? Long way to travel.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:35 - May 2 with 694 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:16 - May 2 by lifelong

I wonder if those who voted from the Falklands will be attending the debate? Long way to travel.

Do you think that Welsh soldiers currently based on the Falkland islands should not be allowed to sign the petition.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:19 - May 2 with 656 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 12:35 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Do you think that Welsh soldiers currently based on the Falkland islands should not be allowed to sign the petition.

Somebody signed the petition as ‘Rupert the bear’ perhaps he’ll turn up.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:36 - May 2 with 654 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:19 - May 2 by lifelong

Turn up where ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 13:41 - May 2 with 651 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 13:36 - May 2 by Boundy

Turn up where ?

Outside the Senedd perhaps dressed in a bear costume.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 13:48 - May 2 with 649 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:41 - May 2 by lifelong

Outside the Senedd perhaps dressed in a bear costume.

Who knows , perhaps a clowns suit would be more apt , he wouldn't be out of place inside then would he ?

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - May 2 with 627 viewsWhiterockin

Try answering the question.

The 20MPH punishments on 15:41 - May 2 with 594 viewsSullutaCreturned

And as that is obviously stupid maybe it was removed from the petition numbers. They can do that you know, delete obvious fake entries.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:46 - May 2 with 593 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:31 - Apr 25 by Boundy

Yes indeed although do they scrutinise to that detail, they ignore most petitions any way.

A computer program can flag up anything suspicious, a lot of emails from one IP address would qualify.

Put another way, we know there were a lot of entries that weren't really entitled to be included, were they allowed to stand or were they deleted? Does anybody know?
The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - May 2 with 539 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Try answering the question.

How do you know that the signatures were from Welsh soldiers?

Thousands of people living in England signed the petition as well as people from Scotland, Ireland, Albania, France, Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany and the Isle of Man.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:46 - May 2 with 535 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - May 2 by lifelong

Thousands of people living in England signed the petition as well as people from Scotland, Ireland, Albania, France, Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany and the Isle of Man.

Just answer the question or is it too difficult.

The 20MPH punishments on 20:48 - May 2 with 522 viewsBoundy

There are no signatures, not the online ones that is.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:25 - May 2 with 489 viewsunion_jack

Well it seems the lunacy of it has been recognised worldwide👍

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 22:21 - May 2 with 462 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 20:46 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Just answer the question or is it too difficult.

Have you turned into the judge Judy of this forum or something?

I’ll answer what I like, if you don’t mind.
The 20MPH punishments on 06:08 - May 3 with 416 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 22:21 - May 2 by lifelong

Have you turned into the judge Judy of this forum or something?

I’ll answer what I like, if you don’t mind.

The 20MPH punishments on 07:00 - May 3 with 408 viewsDr_Winston

I am liking the narrative that despite basically everyone (other than a strange few) I've ever discussed the 20mph rule with thinking that it's an idiotic idea, the petition with half a million signatures on it is apparently worthless because of a few thousand votes that came from outside Wales.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:25 - May 3 with 367 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 07:00 - May 3 by Dr_Winston

I am liking the narrative that despite basically everyone (other than a strange few) I've ever discussed the 20mph rule with thinking that it's an idiotic idea, the petition with half a million signatures on it is apparently worthless because of a few thousand votes that came from outside Wales.

What I find very strange is that some drivers, despite over 4000 people a year being injured on our roads, regard our roads as being extremely safe.
When you look at the stats UK wide almost 140,000 people a year are injured on the roads with about 1800 being killed 80 of which being children.
Never mind though some people reckon that 4 members of the public every 5 years are killed by cows every year in the UK, a fair comparison I suppose.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:44 - May 3 with 364 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:25 - May 3 by lifelong

What I find very strange is that some drivers, despite over 4000 people a year being injured on our roads, regard our roads as being extremely safe.
When you look at the stats UK wide almost 140,000 people a year are injured on the roads with about 1800 being killed 80 of which being children.
Never mind though some people reckon that 4 members of the public every 5 years are killed by cows every year in the UK, a fair comparison I suppose.

Have you compared these figures against the journeys made, the duration, and distances travelled, if you did I think you'll find that our roads are safe and safer that a lot of other countries .
Every day you wake up you are at risk of something happening to you , you have control of some of those risks the majority you don't .

The 20MPH punishments on 09:28 - May 3 with 337 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 08:44 - May 3 by Boundy

Have you compared these figures against the journeys made, the duration, and distances travelled, if you did I think you'll find that our roads are safe and safer that a lot of other countries .
Every day you wake up you are at risk of something happening to you , you have control of some of those risks the majority you don't .

Go tell that to the families of those 80 children, who’s lives have been devastated for the remainder of their lives.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:38 - May 3 with 323 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 09:28 - May 3 by lifelong

Go tell that to the families of those 80 children, who’s lives have been devastated for the remainder of their lives.

ALL are roads are “ safe” ,that is ,until the clowns in their boxes of steel come along supine in their belief that they are “ good “ drivers.
Even after 70 pages,nobody really seems to grasp what is most aposite when it comes to ro@d safety.
The reason we are seeing exchanges as we are is the very reason why people get slaughtered on the roads.
Every driver is an expert ,every driver blameless .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 09:42 - May 3 with 310 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 08:44 - May 3 by Boundy

These people seem to think that all danger can be eliminated from life, and all you have to do is inconvenience millions of people based on statistically negligible risks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:47 - May 3 with 295 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 09:42 - May 3 by Dr_Winston

These people seem to think that all danger can be eliminated from life, and all you have to do is inconvenience millions of people based on statistically negligible risks.

There is some truth in most of that .
I am off to deepest Wales next week so I might come back with views not dissimilar to yours .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024