Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 128777 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:26 - Apr 14 with 976 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:14 - Apr 14 by SullutaCreturned

Im not disputing the legislation I;m just saying I think it is stupid. Just like with the 20mph limits, all drivers are being made scapegoats for the idiots who drive badly/dangerously and/or under the influence.

it should be up to ALL of us to behave responsibly.

I have to attend regular health and safety training at work and they always ask the same question to start, who's responsibility is H&S? The answer is everyone. Yet road safety shifts the blame onto the driver even if they did nothing wrong?

It’s the law,stupid if not.
Highways are just that ,highways
Trouble is millions are not fit enough to get behind a wheel.
They kill
Pedestrians do not
Incredibly ,I have read on here they are the cause of “ accidents” . No such thing as accident either. It’s why they are revered to as Road Traffic Collisions

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 16:40 - Apr 14 with 938 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 14:26 - Apr 14 by onehunglow

It’s the law,stupid if not.
Highways are just that ,highways
Trouble is millions are not fit enough to get behind a wheel.
They kill
Pedestrians do not
Incredibly ,I have read on here they are the cause of “ accidents” . No such thing as accident either. It’s why they are revered to as Road Traffic Collisions

You've read on here that they are the cause of accidents because the Goverments own figures clearly demonstrate that that's exactly what they are for a significant majority of them.

You may be well practised at ignoring reality when it's staring you in the face, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:23 - Apr 14 with 899 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 16:40 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

You've read on here that they are the cause of accidents because the Goverments own figures clearly demonstrate that that's exactly what they are for a significant majority of them.

You may be well practised at ignoring reality when it's staring you in the face, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Your attitude towards other road users is not a good look
Now, you quoting government stats , as if if these are gospel!
Show me examples of how a pedestrian kills someone in a car
Motorists wouldn't be able to kill pedestrians if they kept off the roads
You want the roads for the sole use of cars following your narrative
You can't ignore the law of the land
Roads are highways and are for the usage of all
Drivers bear responsibility shichbisxehybthe issues was changed recently though most car drivers don't be aware as they never read a Highway Code
Have you?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Apr 14 with 899 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 18:23 - Apr 14 by onehunglow

Your attitude towards other road users is not a good look
Now, you quoting government stats , as if if these are gospel!
Show me examples of how a pedestrian kills someone in a car
Motorists wouldn't be able to kill pedestrians if they kept off the roads
You want the roads for the sole use of cars following your narrative
You can't ignore the law of the land
Roads are highways and are for the usage of all
Drivers bear responsibility shichbisxehybthe issues was changed recently though most car drivers don't be aware as they never read a Highway Code
Have you?

Pedestrians don't kill people in cars. Pedestrians get themselves killed or injured in the significant majority of cases by doing something stupid. This has been repeatedly pointed out to you but you seem incapable of understanding a quite simple concept, preferring instead to blame drivers for everything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:33 - Apr 14 with 896 viewsonehunglow

At least it makes a change from squabbling over football

Next subject, Colonialism and should we pay Reparation . It might be a good thread to start as this one is done to death now

The 20MPH punishments on 20:07 - Apr 14 with 857 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:33 - Apr 14 by onehunglow

At least it makes a change from squabbling over football

Next subject, Colonialism and should we pay Reparation . It might be a good thread to start as this one is done to death now

This thread is a long way from dead to those living in Wales, because it is us it impacts. The producing of statistics of the 12 months after the change will be a major discussion when released in the course of time.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:23 - Apr 14 with 805 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 20:07 - Apr 14 by Whiterockin

This thread is a long way from dead to those living in Wales, because it is us it impacts. The producing of statistics of the 12 months after the change will be a major discussion when released in the course of time.

Indeed, let’s all hope the statistics are better reading with a reduction in deaths, injuries and accidents.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:31 - Apr 14 with 794 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:23 - Apr 14 by lifelong

Indeed, let’s all hope the statistics are better reading with a reduction in deaths, injuries and accidents.

Agreed or the whole exercise will prove to be pointless.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 22:05 - Apr 14 with 764 viewsmax936

The 20MPH punishments on 21:31 - Apr 14 by Whiterockin

Agreed or the whole exercise will prove to be pointless.

There'll be no going back from this 20mph law, in fact its likely to get worse its a nightmare with the travelling I do with work, West Wales is a nightmare with travel times and poxy Sat Nav sending me down country lanes, where there is inadequate places to pass vehicles coming in opposite directions, my van is quite wide and is a long wheelbase one, got caught on mountain road over to Llandeilo from Cwmtwrch last week, three vehicles coming in the opposite direction and nowhere to pull in safely, because the ground was so wet I wouldn't have got back on the road, only option was to reverse back, which was a full on ball ache, never going that way again.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 20MPH punishments on 22:27 - Apr 14 with 750 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 22:05 - Apr 14 by max936

There'll be no going back from this 20mph law, in fact its likely to get worse its a nightmare with the travelling I do with work, West Wales is a nightmare with travel times and poxy Sat Nav sending me down country lanes, where there is inadequate places to pass vehicles coming in opposite directions, my van is quite wide and is a long wheelbase one, got caught on mountain road over to Llandeilo from Cwmtwrch last week, three vehicles coming in the opposite direction and nowhere to pull in safely, because the ground was so wet I wouldn't have got back on the road, only option was to reverse back, which was a full on ball ache, never going that way again.

Maps don't lie to you where as sat navs have a pathological need to

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 06:28 - Apr 15 with 721 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 22:05 - Apr 14 by max936

A tad expensive, but is it worth investing in one of these. Just wondering if it would help.

https://activegps.co.uk/tomtom-go-expert-5-inch.htm
The 20MPH punishments on 08:34 - Apr 15 with 694 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:23 - Apr 14 by lifelong

Unfortunately they never produced decent in depth statistics in the year before 20 mph was introduced so they have nothing to compare it with.

What they needed was as in depth analysis of deaths and injuries in 30 mph to include

Deaths and injuries caused by
Drug and drink driving
Dangerous driving
Excessive speeding over and above 30 mph
Deaths and injuries involving banned drivers, uninsured drivers, non licence holders and under age drivers.
Pedestrians and cyclist casualties
Motor bike casualties
Casualties in accidents where drivers were driving under legal speed limit.

Unless they have this information no one will have any idea if the 20 mph limit has any impact at all.

Things we know for sure
More pollution caused by driving in lower inefficient gears
Longer journey times
More congestion
A less efficient Welsh economy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:51 - Apr 15 with 690 viewsBoundy

and just to reiterate to those who don't believe this is start to stop the use of cars then read on

https://nicolalund.substack.com/p/message-to-wales-on-yer-bike-part?utm_source=p

The 20MPH punishments on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 684 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 08:51 - Apr 15 by Boundy

and just to reiterate to those who don't believe this is start to stop the use of cars then read on

https://nicolalund.substack.com/p/message-to-wales-on-yer-bike-part?utm_source=p

I stated this thread is dead because views are entrenched and immovable .
Some believe 20 mph is fully justified and will significantly reduce road deaths .
I’m not sure myself as bad driving is more than travelling at 30 rather than 20.
It is about attitudes and until these change ,little will change .
People wanting to radically reduce death and injuries….whi not make the alcohol level zero in addition to drug as these are the biggest killers of all as they are caused by substances which exacerbate cretinous driving .

It would be refreshing to see attitudes change where pedestrians and cyclists are not seen as interlopers as folk go about their very important business in their steel cages .

The 20MPH punishments on 09:40 - Apr 15 with 666 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 08:34 - Apr 15 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately they never produced decent in depth statistics in the year before 20 mph was introduced so they have nothing to compare it with.

What they needed was as in depth analysis of deaths and injuries in 30 mph to include

Deaths and injuries caused by
Drug and drink driving
Dangerous driving
Excessive speeding over and above 30 mph
Deaths and injuries involving banned drivers, uninsured drivers, non licence holders and under age drivers.
Pedestrians and cyclist casualties
Motor bike casualties
Casualties in accidents where drivers were driving under legal speed limit.

Unless they have this information no one will have any idea if the 20 mph limit has any impact at all.

Things we know for sure
More pollution caused by driving in lower inefficient gears
Longer journey times
More congestion
A less efficient Welsh economy.

Are there statistics to show how many accidents are caused by motorists swerving to avoid potholes, this is where the money should have been spent.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:44 - Apr 15 with 654 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:40 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

Are there statistics to show how many accidents are caused by motorists swerving to avoid potholes, this is where the money should have been spent.

we don't just have potholes, the entire road surfaces are breaking down
The 20MPH punishments on 09:58 - Apr 15 with 640 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 09:40 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

And for those on two wheels it’s worse
Front on a bike hits a whole and it’s tricky indeed

The 20MPH punishments on 12:24 - Apr 15 with 615 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 08:51 - Apr 15 by Boundy

How many people do you know have been forced out of their cars because of the 20 mph limit?
The 20MPH punishments on 12:34 - Apr 15 with 609 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:24 - Apr 15 by lifelong

How many people do you know have been forced out of their cars because of the 20 mph limit?

I have to agree with you Roger
It might be me but I can't see how that would be so for many

The 20MPH punishments on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 593 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:24 - Apr 15 by lifelong

No idea but with the obvious attacks on motorists in general this is just the start and if you want to live in your bubble thats your choice but don't say you haven't been warned ,even the Welsh government have told you so ignore it if you want ,I won't.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:36 - Apr 15 with 582 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

How to reduce deaths on the road.

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-04-15/restrictions-on-new-drivers-could-cut-needle

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 13:57 - Apr 15 with 575 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 13:36 - Apr 15 by JACKMANANDBOY

How to reduce deaths on the road.

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-04-15/restrictions-on-new-drivers-could-cut-needle

Now this is something I align with ,something I’ve suggested before.
That kids can pass a basic driving test then fill the car up with their young chums then lose control of the vehicle killing them all is scandalous . It’s avoidable too.
This is an excellent idea as would be increasing the legal aid to drive .
It is not “ attacks” boundy,as I see it, though ,personally I would attack the attitudes of most drivers I see behind the wheel of a ton of killing steel .

The 20MPH punishments on 14:15 - Apr 15 with 570 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:57 - Apr 15 by onehunglow

Now this is something I align with ,something I’ve suggested before.
That kids can pass a basic driving test then fill the car up with their young chums then lose control of the vehicle killing them all is scandalous . It’s avoidable too.
This is an excellent idea as would be increasing the legal aid to drive .
It is not “ attacks” boundy,as I see it, though ,personally I would attack the attitudes of most drivers I see behind the wheel of a ton of killing steel .

You can't keep generalising ,the vast majority of drivers in this country are sensible ,courteous and drive within the law ,if they weren't then there would be utter carnage (there isn't).We don't all turn into the Hulk behind the wheel nor do cyclists nor pedestrians who all have a part to play in keeping them and others safe.It is an attack on motorists and I won't be convinced otherwise.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:43 - Apr 15 with 554 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:15 - Apr 15 by Boundy

You can't keep generalising ,the vast majority of drivers in this country are sensible ,courteous and drive within the law ,if they weren't then there would be utter carnage (there isn't).We don't all turn into the Hulk behind the wheel nor do cyclists nor pedestrians who all have a part to play in keeping them and others safe.It is an attack on motorists and I won't be convinced otherwise.

Divide and conquer strategy, go for young drivers today then older drivers tomorrow.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 553 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 14:15 - Apr 15 by Boundy

3 people a day are killed or seriously injured on the roads in Wales, the vast majority being seriously injured. For a small country of 3 million people those are pretty poor stats.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024