Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tiredness can kill 18:36 - Mar 2 with 2007 viewsacejack3065

Before all the cretins get involved and stick the boot into Monk for his substitutions again I'm going to have my say.

What choice did he realistically have? Our players looked dead on their feet before the substitutions were made. Our European campaign and other premier league fixtures have taken their toll and the players need a break. Luckily we have two weeks off and the players have plenty of time to recover. Then we wont have to revert to playing Jordi Amat ever again,with any luck. It was his ball to deal with and he made Vorm look like a tit.

Our first half performance was superb but the second half we looked jaded and likely to concede before the penalty. Mike Dean made another howler as the contact clearly began about a meter outside the penalty area.

Another point in the bank and another 9 should do. We play villa, Norwich, West Brom and Southampton at home. There are plenty of games left to pick up points.

Before you slam your chops against the keyboard, perhaps wonder why Monk made those substitutions.
Tiredness can kill on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 1219 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

At last f*cking sense.

We looked woeful from the 45th minute.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Tiredness can kill on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 1208 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lita for Bony was a major mistake, Emnes has shown he can play anywhere on the field in the opposing half. He has had game time and done well.
What has Lita done in comparison?
Did Williams really need to come off at all?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 18:40]
Tiredness can kill on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 1209 viewspansypants

They are professional athletes with the best training, nutrition, physios etc etc

God almighty I'd love their salary and ability, they want adulation to go with the riches then they have to perform and face those work loads.

Christ some of us work 12 days on the bounce before we have a break!!!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Tiredness can kill on 18:40 - Mar 2 with 1193 viewsTom1912

I'm fairly sure a ref has discretion to award a penalty if contact starts outside and carries on inside.

Otherwise, your post is spot on.
Tiredness can kill on 18:42 - Mar 2 with 1153 viewsTom1912

Tiredness can kill on 18:39 - Mar 2 by pansypants

They are professional athletes with the best training, nutrition, physios etc etc

God almighty I'd love their salary and ability, they want adulation to go with the riches then they have to perform and face those work loads.

Christ some of us work 12 days on the bounce before we have a break!!!!!!

Absolutely hate comments like this.

They are professional athletes at less than 100% competing against other professional athletes at 100%.
Tiredness can kill on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 1134 viewsPlasticman

Recent performances reminded me in some ways of the danish participation in the worldcup in '86.

Totally bossed the group stage, but were somewhat naive and wasted all their energy there. First match in the knockout stages they met spain and totally crumbled with the spain players looking like they were almost twice as fast, resulting in a 5-1 defeat.

So for this match, he may have been out of options, but I believe he's been playing himself into a corner in that regard with his insistence on high-energy usage all the time during a highly congested schedule.

Plastic since 2012

Tiredness can kill on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 1132 viewspansypants

Tiredness can kill on 18:42 - Mar 2 by Tom1912

They are professional athletes at less than 100% competing against other professional athletes at 100%.

You hate them cos you are naive mate. Unacceptable to draw after all that possession and being 1 up.

Keep burying your head in the sand.

Do you work for a living full time?

Tiredness can kill on 18:45 - Mar 2 with 1126 viewsacejack3065

Six games in 18 days is it? You have to utilise the bench. Blame the poor quality that sits upon it on the previous manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Tiredness can kill on 18:46 - Mar 2 with 1116 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Spot on. The human body is not f*cking indestructible. Live in a fantasy land if you will where recuperating and recharging your batteries is as simple as shoving an AC adapter up your arse, but in the real world, exertion will still take it's toll with the degree of games we've had over the course of the season (especially in the last fortnight), regardless of our R&R.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Tiredness can kill on 18:47 - Mar 2 with 1104 viewsKingBony

Tiredness can kill on 18:40 - Mar 2 by Tom1912

I'm fairly sure a ref has discretion to award a penalty if contact starts outside and carries on inside.

Otherwise, your post is spot on.

Ermmm not to sure about that mate, foul should be given where the initial contact takes place.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Tiredness can kill on 19:09 - Mar 2 with 1007 viewsSwanjack10

What a tw at you are acejack, tiredness, try my job , I probably cover more ground than the players during a week, like pansy said they have pro nutritionist s and get more than enough recovery time,poor poor excuse these are pedigree athletes, supposed to be, 2nd half not enough desire or monk cant push like a senior head coach.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Tiredness can kill on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 962 viewswaynekerr55

Tiredness can kill on 19:09 - Mar 2 by Swanjack10

What a tw at you are acejack, tiredness, try my job , I probably cover more ground than the players during a week, like pansy said they have pro nutritionist s and get more than enough recovery time,poor poor excuse these are pedigree athletes, supposed to be, 2nd half not enough desire or monk cant push like a senior head coach.

I'd agree to an extent with what you post but poor planning in terms of activity will cause fatigue.

If (and it's a big if) the double sessions are running them into the ground then clearly nobody has learned the lessons of the "how not to do physical conditioning" by O. Garcia

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tiredness can kill on 19:18 - Mar 2 with 936 viewsacejack3065

Tiredness can kill on 19:09 - Mar 2 by Swanjack10

Another planet swans poster whose constructive argument consists primarily of name calling. Well done.

Why aren't you the fitness coach? Give the stadium a bell and ask for an interview. They would probably be chuffed to have local undiscovered local talent such as yourself helping out with the fitness regime.
Tiredness can kill on 19:21 - Mar 2 with 907 viewsshingle

You say our players looked dead on there feet, what do you expect a club like us cannot play our best team every game mun this game was far more important to us than playing Napoli in the last 32 of a second tier European cup should have rested our top players for that game and with them fresh we would have picked up a comfortable 3 pts against Palace.
Tiredness can kill on 19:22 - Mar 2 with 894 viewsacejack3065

Tiredness can kill on 19:14 - Mar 2 by waynekerr55

I'd agree to an extent with what you post but poor planning in terms of activity will cause fatigue.

If (and it's a big if) the double sessions are running them into the ground then clearly nobody has learned the lessons of the "how not to do physical conditioning" by O. Garcia

Id argue that the double training sessions were implemented because the players were unfit during the Laudrup regime. Today was probably an example of our busy fixture list taking its toll on our thin squad.

There is now a two week break from the premier league and we are five points off the relegation zone. The players will be back fresh for the WBA game.
Tiredness can kill on 19:25 - Mar 2 with 874 viewswaynekerr55

Tiredness can kill on 19:22 - Mar 2 by acejack3065

Id argue that the double training sessions were implemented because the players were unfit during the Laudrup regime. Today was probably an example of our busy fixture list taking its toll on our thin squad.

There is now a two week break from the premier league and we are five points off the relegation zone. The players will be back fresh for the WBA game.

I'd go against that in terms of the accumulated fatigue based upon the 60's pre season runs implemented by fitness coach of the year 1961 Mr Garcia

Double sessions at this time of the year are dangerous as we have a large volume of games - result = fatigue. So if the double sessions focus on recovery (e.g. cryotherapy/massage) then fair play. If not, then we are making the same mistakes again

Tiredness can kill on 19:27 - Mar 2 with 863 viewshobo

Tiredness can kill on 19:21 - Mar 2 by shingle

You say our players looked dead on there feet, what do you expect a club like us cannot play our best team every game mun this game was far more important to us than playing Napoli in the last 32 of a second tier European cup should have rested our top players for that game and with them fresh we would have picked up a comfortable 3 pts against Palace.

Napoli and Palace were the huge games. Liverpool was the one where we should have fielded a side similar to the Everton Cup game. I would have traded a 4-3 loss for a 3-0 defeat to enable us to have fresh players for Napoli and today. I'm sure we would have gone through Thursday and won comfortably today in that scenario
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 19:27]
Tiredness can kill on 19:27 - Mar 2 with 854 viewsSwanjack10

Tiredness can kill on 19:18 - Mar 2 by acejack3065

Another planet swans poster whose constructive argument consists primarily of name calling. Well done.

Why aren't you the fitness coach? Give the stadium a bell and ask for an interview. They would probably be chuffed to have local undiscovered local talent such as yourself helping out with the fitness regime.

Why dont you phone the f.a and stake your claim about scfc and tiredness, if your heart is in the game you never tire, 3 games in a week, 4.5 hours intensity light training and the rest of the day and night to recover and rehydrate etc wake up you soft lil poof , yr pointy avatar suits you until someone bends it.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Tiredness can kill on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 848 viewsacejack3065

Tiredness can kill on 19:25 - Mar 2 by waynekerr55

I'd go against that in terms of the accumulated fatigue based upon the 60's pre season runs implemented by fitness coach of the year 1961 Mr Garcia

Double sessions at this time of the year are dangerous as we have a large volume of games - result = fatigue. So if the double sessions focus on recovery (e.g. cryotherapy/massage) then fair play. If not, then we are making the same mistakes again

Again fair, but they players aren't getting as much recovery time as they'd like because of the fixture congestion. Anyway I only thought the double training sessions were temporary. Are they still ongoing?
Tiredness can kill on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 846 viewsBloodyhills

Tiredness can kill on 19:18 - Mar 2 by acejack3065

In your original post you insult fellow posters by calling them cretins and 'slobber chops', I mean what sort of crap is that?

You are hardly in a position to complain about people calling you a tw@at when you insult everybody in the first place.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 19:32]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Tiredness can kill on 19:32 - Mar 2 with 823 viewswaynekerr55

Tiredness can kill on 19:28 - Mar 2 by acejack3065

Again fair, but they players aren't getting as much recovery time as they'd like because of the fixture congestion. Anyway I only thought the double training sessions were temporary. Are they still ongoing?

Not sure to be honest. I'd hope not as we are clearly dead on our feet

Tiredness can kill on 19:33 - Mar 2 with 814 viewspremierjack

Tiredness can kill on 18:39 - Mar 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Lita for Bony was a major mistake, Emnes has shown he can play anywhere on the field in the opposing half. He has had game time and done well.
What has Lita done in comparison?
Did Williams really need to come off at all?

Yeah, Williams was injured
Tiredness can kill on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 797 viewsWarwickHunt

So, as if by magic, we go from dominating the game completely up until the end of the first half to being clueless from the 46th minute until the end.

Tiredness - yep, that'll be it...
Tiredness can kill on 19:38 - Mar 2 with 773 viewsacejack3065

Tiredness can kill on 19:27 - Mar 2 by Swanjack10

Why dont you phone the f.a and stake your claim about scfc and tiredness, if your heart is in the game you never tire, 3 games in a week, 4.5 hours intensity light training and the rest of the day and night to recover and rehydrate etc wake up you soft lil poof , yr pointy avatar suits you until someone bends it.

Why would the FA care? What a dull thing to say.

"If your heart is in the game you never tire". Are you seriously suggesting that? Seriously?

Why are you mentioning my avatar? Do you even know who that is? Probably not because I'm guessing you're an angry teenager why still uses the word "poof" on an internet forum and they think an avatar of a boxer is somewhat intimidating or impressive. You mentioned mine so I'm guessing yours is an important attempted indictment of your personality. Why else would you even mention my avatar?

Run along now.
Tiredness can kill on 19:39 - Mar 2 with 758 viewspansypants

Tiredness can kill on 19:38 - Mar 2 by acejack3065

Why would the FA care? What a dull thing to say.

"If your heart is in the game you never tire". Are you seriously suggesting that? Seriously?

Why are you mentioning my avatar? Do you even know who that is? Probably not because I'm guessing you're an angry teenager why still uses the word "poof" on an internet forum and they think an avatar of a boxer is somewhat intimidating or impressive. You mentioned mine so I'm guessing yours is an important attempted indictment of your personality. Why else would you even mention my avatar?

Run along now.

Give it a rest mate. Cringing.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024