Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Coventry Conference – Report 21:24 - May 5 with 4799 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62452
The Coventry Conference – Report on 22:19 - May 5 with 4458 viewsPaddyhoops

Thanks for a brilliant report as always. Well earned break coming your way.
Was there yesterday and the transformation from that horrendous day at Watford is and has been astonishing.
Special mention to the fans again who have been on another level.
So proud of our club again.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 22:40 - May 5 with 4354 viewsAndybrat

Another great report Clive, what a party, what a noise, what a season. Agree with you totally about EDB looks a real asset in the making. This transfer window will be the most interesting, gut feeling Hayden will be in a blue and white hooped shirt next season.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 22:47 - May 5 with 4300 viewscolinallcars

Thanks as always Clive. I hadn't realised that the away following was over 2.5k.
I don't get to aways these days mostly due to familial reasons but you guys have been inspirational this season. Bonkers yes, but inspirational.
A million thanks.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 23:12 - May 5 with 4184 viewsFredManRave

Thanks, so much, Clive for all the reports and everything else you've done in, what has been a season so predictable in unpredictability.

And pleased for those that had a relaxing day out on the last day of the season. I'm just gutted I wasn't there with all those sex toys.

End of Season Match Report score: 480 out of 480.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Coventry Conference – Report on 23:29 - May 5 with 4073 viewsted_hendrix

'' Enjoy your summer guys.''

You too Clive.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Coventry Conference – Report on 00:59 - May 6 with 3853 viewseastside_r

The only thing missing from this report was Clive’s opinion on what body part exactly did Fox score with.

I know what it looked like on the live stream.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 01:05 - May 6 with 3828 viewsnix

Thanks once again for another brilliant season of content, if not always of football. It's the first season I can remember where I really felt I was having palpitations watching us sometimes. And then came St Marti and the clouds parted.

It's still been very stressful though and the fact you have churned out your fantastic prose week after week has made it just about bearable at times.

The fans have been magnificent, and while I agree we don't want to be complacent, the fact we've stayed behind them through thin (almost the entire first half of the season) and thick (post Marti's arrival) has in large part pulled them through. I've met some great people on my away trips, so thanks to you all, and it's been more good than bad overall.

Have a great summer Clive and everyone on the board. Thanks to you all.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 04:46 - May 6 with 3657 viewsSydneyRs

Superb again.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the other results and how horrifying it would have been if we needed a result. Genuinely thought we'd done enough after beating Preston but we weren't even close then as it turned out.
Login to get fewer ads

The Coventry Conference – Report on 07:23 - May 6 with 3436 viewsLeedsR

Thank you Clive for yet another superb season of writing. I don’t know how you keep doing it, and doing it to such a consistently excellent standard. I’ve really yet to read anything remotely duff from you.

Your paragraph on our attitude to a dead rubber was absolutely bang on. Previous QPR sides would have completely switched off and we would have lamely succumbed to a defeat and phoned in a weak as p** performance. And we as fans would have pretended not to care. However, the professional attitude the Martí has managed to instil into the team, despite the set-backs, has been an integral part to the remarkable achievement of keeping us up with a game and points to spare. Finishing the season on the same points as Watford, given how we started?! What a turn around.

Martí is serious. He means business. There is no let up. I hope we can keep hold of him for a long while!

(PS Linda Lusardi always brings a smile!)
The Coventry Conference – Report on 08:41 - May 6 with 3159 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

The Coventry Conference – Report on 07:23 - May 6 by LeedsR

Thank you Clive for yet another superb season of writing. I don’t know how you keep doing it, and doing it to such a consistently excellent standard. I’ve really yet to read anything remotely duff from you.

Your paragraph on our attitude to a dead rubber was absolutely bang on. Previous QPR sides would have completely switched off and we would have lamely succumbed to a defeat and phoned in a weak as p** performance. And we as fans would have pretended not to care. However, the professional attitude the Martí has managed to instil into the team, despite the set-backs, has been an integral part to the remarkable achievement of keeping us up with a game and points to spare. Finishing the season on the same points as Watford, given how we started?! What a turn around.

Martí is serious. He means business. There is no let up. I hope we can keep hold of him for a long while!

(PS Linda Lusardi always brings a smile!)

Thanks for all of your writing this season Clive, it has been superb as always. It really is appreciated.

For the first time in ages I am genuinely excited about next season. Any sort of keeper (& that may now be Walsh) and a striker and we could be enjoying the top half of the table and all of the hope that brings!

Let’s hope that you have to write a few signing pieces in early June, so that they have a full pre season?!
The Coventry Conference – Report on 08:54 - May 6 with 3108 viewsFrankRightguard

Thanks for another season of superb writing Clive
The Coventry Conference – Report on 09:06 - May 6 with 3054 viewsWokingR

Enjoy your summer too Clive.

But please, if you happen to be relaxing, book in hand, on that same river bank, and that same young lady comes along for some sunbathing.

FFS, PUT YOUR BOOK DOWN AND SEND US A PROPER REPORT THIS TIME !!!
The Coventry Conference – Report on 09:59 - May 6 with 2876 viewsbosh67

Brilliant as always Clive! Congrats on your stamina this season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Coventry Conference – Report on 10:29 - May 6 with 2764 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I think you covered everything about this season, our manager & the clubs attitude (especially about end of season "dead rubbers") perfectly.

The comparison with the 06/07 season once again comes to the fore, but I'm sure we are in a far better place now than we were then.

I'm too bloody old to be getting excited about our future. But I am!
The Coventry Conference – Report on 10:44 - May 6 with 2694 viewsdannyblue

Using the link in the report to the table on 1/1/24 - we've been in playoff form since then. Extrapolate that over 46 games and we'd have 80 points. That really is some change.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 11:30 - May 6 with 2548 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant stuff Clive.
Thanks for all your efforts over a difficult season. It's funny, we come to the end of it and think 'what a horrible season' - in fact, it wasn't. The first third was. After that and certainly since the halfway point we've been pretty consistent. Frustrating at times, some awful results, but also some amazing ones. A solid mid-table team. Agree with every word on Marti.

Everyone wishing you a happy summer, but of course, we all know you still provide us with a ton more stuff - player ratings etc etc. Looking forward to that.

Cheers.

Bare bones.

The Coventry Conference – Report on 11:54 - May 6 with 2488 viewsAshteadR

Great work Clive, well done
The Coventry Conference – Report on 13:44 - May 6 with 2156 viewssprocket

Thanks Clive. I encourage as many people who can to support the site. Fantastic content provided through a difficult year. Much appreciated.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 14:14 - May 6 with 2078 viewsManinBlack

The write ups in the first half of the season were the only good thing about following this team as they were a damn sight more entertaining than what was happening on the pitch. Thankfully the second half of the season really picked up so we had results as good as the match reports.

I echo all the comments made in this final report and the way we treated this final game in a professional manner. Too often we have switched off at the end of the season and suffered heavy defeats like 5-2 to Spurs, 7-1 to Sheffield Wednesday, 4-0 at Norwich, 5-1 at Leicester etc etc. The curse of nothing to play for which we have seen with Sunderland for many weeks now and in Cardiff's final two games losing 4-1 at home and 5-2 away. Thankfully we have a manager at last who had us up for a final game with nothing riding on it.

Clive and Marti really do deserve to enjoy the summer but I suspect our manager has a lot of work to do in that time.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 15:14 - May 6 with 1916 viewsNorthernr

The Coventry Conference – Report on 11:30 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Brilliant stuff Clive.
Thanks for all your efforts over a difficult season. It's funny, we come to the end of it and think 'what a horrible season' - in fact, it wasn't. The first third was. After that and certainly since the halfway point we've been pretty consistent. Frustrating at times, some awful results, but also some amazing ones. A solid mid-table team. Agree with every word on Marti.

Everyone wishing you a happy summer, but of course, we all know you still provide us with a ton more stuff - player ratings etc etc. Looking forward to that.

Cheers.

Yeh player ratings will take me a week or so. We're also going to record the debate that goes into it and stick that on the Patreon, although the panel nearly came to blows in Mabel's Tavern on Saturday night over whether Morgan Fox was a D or an E so whether it'll make it to record we'll have to see!

End of season journo round up with Thom Gibbs and Ted Kessler recording Thursday so that'll be on the Patreon Friday I hope.

Final analysis piece from Andrew Scherer is in the works.

June I'm basically travelling for four weeks so that'll be the resting period haha.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 16:04 - May 6 with 1797 viewskensalriser

Tremendous summation, and another thumbs up for EDB's contribution, I thought his part in that goal a little missed at the time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Coventry Conference – Report on 16:05 - May 6 with 1794 viewskensalriser

The Coventry Conference – Report on 04:46 - May 6 by SydneyRs

Superb again.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the other results and how horrifying it would have been if we needed a result. Genuinely thought we'd done enough after beating Preston but we weren't even close then as it turned out.

It might not feel like it, but we actually only needed one of those last six points.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Coventry Conference – Report on 17:17 - May 6 with 1673 viewsMonkey_Roots

Excellent Clive, as always.

The first thing I want to do after a win, or maybe a draw, is watch the league highlights the following morning on ITV4, but never after a loss.

Win, lose or draw, I can’t wait for your report, and likewise for the preview. I’m amazed you always deliver, and there’s always some laugh out loud moments.

Bravo mate, keep ‘em coming, it’s appreciated, if not financially rewarding.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 10:03 - May 7 with 741 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Not managed to do any away games this season so always looked forward to your reports.

Fabulous writing all season and look forward to your wrap ups on here and Patreon.
The Coventry Conference – Report on 11:56 - May 7 with 638 viewsTomS

Thanks Clive for your dedication to this website. It's clearly a vocation and is a support to all of us as we navigate a chart through the peaks and troughs of a typical season, while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

Looking forward, I can't help but wonder how few of those who played on Saturday might be playing for us next season. Some are out of contract/loan players, some need to be moved on, and a few should be high on the target list for other clubs over the summer.

QPR: Walsh 8; Cannon 5, Cook 7, Fox 7, Paal 6 (Smyth 89, -); Hayden 6 (Field 62, 6), Dixon-Bonner 7 (Armstrong 81, -); Willock 7 (Colback 62, 6), Andersen 7 (Adomah 62, 6), Chair 8; Dykes 6
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024