Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... 10:50 - Apr 27 with 3891 viewsSuddenLad

......and replace him with Darren Saarl.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 10:52 - Apr 27 with 3883 viewsSuddenLad

and replace him with Darren Sarll. Unbelievable Jeff

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jeff-stelling-hartlepool-kevin-phil

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 14:17 - Apr 27 with 3611 views49thseason

I would take him on for pre-season to work with the forwards, particularly Mitchell, on finishing. You cant teach his sort of predatory instincts but he must have a wealth of knowledge about increasing your chances of scoring that he could pass on.... Taking 15 or so of the many very presentable chances that were created and not taken this season would have probably got us well into the play-offs. Thats 1 more goal in every 3 games or so. Turning 5 draws into wins is worth 10 more points turning 5 single goal defeats into draws is another 5 points... it adds up quickly. 15 goals, 15 points and we would be 4th or 5th alongside Alty.
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 00:08 - Apr 28 with 3238 viewsHopwoodblue

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 14:17 - Apr 27 by 49thseason

I would take him on for pre-season to work with the forwards, particularly Mitchell, on finishing. You cant teach his sort of predatory instincts but he must have a wealth of knowledge about increasing your chances of scoring that he could pass on.... Taking 15 or so of the many very presentable chances that were created and not taken this season would have probably got us well into the play-offs. Thats 1 more goal in every 3 games or so. Turning 5 draws into wins is worth 10 more points turning 5 single goal defeats into draws is another 5 points... it adds up quickly. 15 goals, 15 points and we would be 4th or 5th alongside Alty.

For me it would be a no brainer to be offering that job to Ian Henderson on a two year contract player / forward coach roll
[Post edited 30 Apr 18:15]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 19:16 - Apr 28 with 2861 viewshammerdale

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 00:08 - Apr 28 by Hopwoodblue

For me it would be a no brainer to be offering that job to Ian Henderson on a two year contract player / forward coach roll
[Post edited 30 Apr 18:15]

Totally agree..South Shields sacked Phillips when they were at the top.......from what I hear he carries some baggage
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 02:06 - Apr 30 with 2461 viewsSandyman

In other news, Stockdale out of a job again.

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2024/april/gills-part-company-with-s
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 15:49 - Apr 30 with 2046 viewsDalenet

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 19:16 - Apr 28 by hammerdale

Totally agree..South Shields sacked Phillips when they were at the top.......from what I hear he carries some baggage

Not quite true. Phillips had ambitions for South Shields that the chairman decided he couldn't afford to support. He made it clear that whilst promotion was brilliant, the club had to reign in budgets to manage on a sustainable way. The Chairman has cancer and also decided to put the club up for sale so he could focus on his family. Kevin Phillips did a wonderful job there and I would be delighted if he joined us if there was a vacancy. Whether we could match his ambitions his another story.
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 17:11 - Apr 30 with 1907 viewswatford_dale

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 15:49 - Apr 30 by Dalenet

Not quite true. Phillips had ambitions for South Shields that the chairman decided he couldn't afford to support. He made it clear that whilst promotion was brilliant, the club had to reign in budgets to manage on a sustainable way. The Chairman has cancer and also decided to put the club up for sale so he could focus on his family. Kevin Phillips did a wonderful job there and I would be delighted if he joined us if there was a vacancy. Whether we could match his ambitions his another story.

I believe the word was he did not do as well as south shields expected based on budget versus that of the rest of the division and so got shut of him.

There wasn't much of a queue of teams trying to snap him up when he did become free though.
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 18:43 - Apr 30 with 1760 viewsEllDale

The merry go round continues.
Former Dale player Ged Brennan has walked out of Morecambe to become assistant at Accrington.
No April wages paid at Morecambe and he’s the second manager to leave there voluntarily in six months.
Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 17:31 - May 1 with 1297 viewsrochedale

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 14:17 - Apr 27 by 49thseason

And if your aunt had balls, she’d be your uncle!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 22:43 - May 1 with 1067 viewsClitheroeDale

Jimmy Bell new gaffer at Clitheroe.
Hartlepool sack Kevin Phillips...... on 17:54 - May 7 with 621 viewsdavidab2202

Rosenior sacked at Hull for finishing 7th in the League despite nomination as Manager of the Year in Championship___ the World has gone mad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024