Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble at big spending Reading? 10:55 - Oct 8 with 5067 viewsJonDoeman

BREAKING: Zingarevich could sell stake in Reading FC

Published: 7 Oct 2013 12:5811 comments

READING FC are remaining tight lipped over fears Anton Zingarevich is ready to sell his interest in the club.

Selling up? Left to right, Anton Zingarevich, chairman Sir John Madejski plus a member of the Oman FA shake hands during Reading's decent friendly against the Oman national team.

Reports are emerging that Zingarevich is looking for someone to buy his 51% stake which he purchased from chairman Sir John Madejski 16 months ago.

Russian businessman Zingarevich was due to acquire the remaining 49% for around £20 million from Sir John before the end of September through his Thames Sports Investment company.

However, when he failed to meet that deadline there were mounting concerns over his long-term commitment to the Royals.

Zingarevich, who studied at nearby Bearwood College, could now be on the verge of selling his stake in the Royals, possibly to a consortium from the Middle East.

Reading FC declined to comment on the rumours earlier today.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/readingfc/articles/2013/10/07/93802-break
[Post edited 8 Oct 2013 10:55]

It Is What It Is !!

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 11:34 - Oct 8 with 4936 viewsTacticalR

There has long been a question mark over Zinga's wonga.

Air hostess clique

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 11:38 - Oct 8 with 4918 viewstoboboly

Considering they must have spent fairly big to lure in some of the names they have, could be this will put them in the wilderness for years. I dislike them intensely so would be fairly amused if they went down to their natural league 1 position.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 4895 viewskingsburyR

That F's up my season long bet then.

I had them down as a shoe in for promotion before the season started.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:18 - Oct 8 with 4802 viewsjonno

There were large concerns when the deal wasn't completed the other week. Looks like the Rusky is bailing out. Could leave them in the sh1t. Shame.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:23 - Oct 8 with 4775 viewsJonDoeman

Good excuse for a gratuitous pic of his missus...!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:26 - Oct 8 with 4760 viewstimcocking

I dislike Reading very much. Wish they didn't have our kit.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 4687 viewsdaveB

Or they could get bought by a middle east billionaire and end up winning the league.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 4687 viewsQPR442

I once wrote a post about Reading — AZ — TSI (the company name of AZ) and said at the time that it was a dodgy deal. TSI first approached Everton and Bill kenwright about buy into the club but after some investigational work by Everton they steered well clear of them, then they end up at Reading?

The group said they would be in Europe in 5 years (see the connection) and would increase the capacity of the Madejski stadium to 38,000 ( I guess they needed space for all the local Chelsea fans)?

They then made out that they were going to buy top stars and started linking themselves with all kinds of players (this really is spooky)? This was a ploy to appease the fans and make it look like their opening statements we being carried out. (Heard this somewhere before)?

I remember when five minutes before deadline day they said they wanted to buy Sigurdsson from Spurs for £10M only for AVB to say he wasn’t for sale and there was never any time to do a deal anyway?

Little did the Reading fans know that the Russian didn’t really have the ‘Wonga’ and was using the parachute money to fund these new stars like Bridge, Pog, and of course the famous Baird. The deal was to buy (pay up) the money to Madejski in September but the date past and a new one was made (which also past). The irony of it all was that AZ was going to use the Parachute money to buy out Madejski?

John Madejski ran Reading really well and kept a tight ship. The fans wanted some Billionaire so they could compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City. Sadly you couldn’t really see someone like Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour buying a small town club in Berkshire so they end up with AZ. The Reading fans got what they wanted a ‘Billionaire’, Well he’s Dad is? (Who was voted the number One Mafia boy in Russia).

unfortunately for the Reading fans Madejski has lost quite a bit of money in the business world and basically hasn’t got a pot to ‘P’ in (in football terms), so they could be in big trouble unless some mega rich Sheikh buys them.

I hate seeing any club go through financial problems because I have seen it first hand at Rangers but I also remember some posts on the Reading site not long ago hoping that Portsmouth would go ‘out of business’ and that our demise would follow the same path after relegation. I don’t like their fans because they never show any respect or dignity. I guess that’s what happens when you grow a club too fast, you get a mixture of people who have no history with the club.

Thank you Tony/Amit and co
Login to get fewer ads

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 4610 viewsTGRRRSSS

Last season a Reading fan was gloating at me saying hosw much she hated QPR and we are a "vile club" and how AZ would be great and it'd be the "Reading Way"

Delighted by this news hope they struggle big time. Supposedly buying Bearwood Lakes Golf club to build a new Training Ground and apparently already sold the base at Arborfield where they are currently.
Assume money has been spent and they wont have a TG within 2-3 years or so.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 15:46 - Oct 8 with 4311 viewsHollowayRanger

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 12:23 - Oct 8 by JonDoeman

Good excuse for a gratuitous pic of his missus...!!!

he must be skint poor girls got nothing to wear!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 16:01 - Oct 8 with 4276 viewsJuzzie

So just how did Anton Zingarevich pass the stringent fit & proper person's test?
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 16:13 - Oct 8 with 4249 viewsTacticalR

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 16:01 - Oct 8 by Juzzie

So just how did Anton Zingarevich pass the stringent fit & proper person's test?

He was able to demonstrate that he was in possession of an underwear model wife, and surely that's proof enough for anybody?

Air hostess clique

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 17:11 - Oct 8 with 4120 viewshoopstilidie

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 17:32 - Oct 8 with 4078 viewsQPRDave

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 17:11 - Oct 8 by hoopstilidie

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 17:51 - Oct 8 with 4035 viewsShotKneesHoop

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 16:01 - Oct 8 by Juzzie

He got a reference from Paladini.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 18:24 - Oct 8 with 3985 viewsSnipper

Those horrible imposters have copied us in practically everything over the years.
Now it looks like they'll be copying our bucket collections from years ago too.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 19:09 - Oct 8 with 3874 viewsTacticalR

Is there any point in fighting over sugar daddies? It's undignified.

Air hostess clique

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 19:16 - Oct 8 with 3852 viewsted_hendrix

Bit of an update from tonight If anybody's interested.

Reading continue to say they are comfortable with how Anton Zingarevich's takeover is progressing amid speculation he is looking to sell his 51 per cent share.

The Russian, through his Thames Sport Investment (TSI) company, was due to complete the purchase of the club from Sir John Madejski by the end of last month.

He missed the deadline to buy the remaining 49 per cent, however, sparking fears he was struggling to put together the necessary funds, thought to be in the region of £25 million.

Reading have insisted, however, that there is no cause for concern and that Zingarevich and Madejski are both 'comfortable' with the situation.

That continues to be the line, despite speculation that Zingarevich is in talks with a Middle Eastern consortium about selling his share.

The Russian is currently abroad following the birth of his first child and has not been to a game since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 20:44 - Oct 8 with 3661 viewsDrewster

Know for a fact that there was a board meeting last week to discuss. Basically AZ doesn't have any money, daddy is the rich one and he is waiting for him to transfer the funds. If he does!
Also, club is running and paying wages from the parachute payments and the proceeds o the sales of players recently.
Not in a good place.

I have absurdly no sympathy for them, the vitriol and gloating from their fans after last season.
Karma!!
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 21:30 - Oct 8 with 3574 viewsHollowayRanger

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 20:44 - Oct 8 by Drewster

Know for a fact that there was a board meeting last week to discuss. Basically AZ doesn't have any money, daddy is the rich one and he is waiting for him to transfer the funds. If he does!
Also, club is running and paying wages from the parachute payments and the proceeds o the sales of players recently.
Not in a good place.

I have absurdly no sympathy for them, the vitriol and gloating from their fans after last season.
Karma!!

club is running and paying wages from the parachute payments and the proceeds o the sales of players recently.

sure we arent doing the same?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 21:48 - Oct 8 with 3529 viewsQPR442

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 20:44 - Oct 8 by Drewster

Not in a good place.

Karma!!

I think what people are missing is that TSI and AZ have not actually put any money in yet. They were supposed to pay for their share in Sept and didn't cough up yet they have basically been using money that belongs to Reading FC and Madejski.

However I really have no sympathy either after their comments about us and Pompey and hoping we go bust.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 22:59 - Oct 8 with 3412 viewsMrSheen

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 21:30 - Oct 8 by HollowayRanger

club is running and paying wages from the parachute payments and the proceeds o the sales of players recently.

sure we arent doing the same?

Is it four years of parachute payments now? Apocalypse postponed.
Trouble at big spending Reading? on 09:15 - Oct 9 with 3232 viewsTacticalR

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 16:13 - Oct 8 by TacticalR

He was able to demonstrate that he was in possession of an underwear model wife, and surely that's proof enough for anybody?

Just to be clear, no slight was intended to underwear modelling. Some of my best friends are underwear models.

Air hostess clique

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 09:36 - Oct 9 with 3215 viewsnewgolddream

Trouble at big spending Reading? on 17:32 - Oct 8 by QPRDave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024