Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to move back 11:38 - Sep 27 with 15179 viewsdubaistu

Whereabouts does everyone live? Where would you recommend with decent schools and nice pubs.
Time to move back on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 2937 viewsPommyhoop

Just north of Brisbane. School my youngest two go to seems to be better than what was on offer in my old manor ,Harlington.Pubs are shite.Barbecues with loads of beer at home seems to be the go. Ability to watch Rangers live this year is next to nil. Setanta is crap..
Fishings good tho.I caught a shark today.!!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Time to move back on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 2922 viewsCanadaRanger

Time to move back on 10:22 - Sep 28 by Pommyhoop

Just north of Brisbane. School my youngest two go to seems to be better than what was on offer in my old manor ,Harlington.Pubs are shite.Barbecues with loads of beer at home seems to be the go. Ability to watch Rangers live this year is next to nil. Setanta is crap..
Fishings good tho.I caught a shark today.!!!!

Well done, sir!

Lousy commute from here to LR.
Once a year if I'm lucky.
Time to move back on 10:56 - Sep 28 with 2895 viewsPommyhoop

Time to move back on 10:39 - Sep 28 by CanadaRanger

Well done, sir!

Lousy commute from here to LR.
Once a year if I'm lucky.

I know ,I know. They all count tho and its one off the list for me.

Time to move back on 15:37 - Sep 28 with 2797 viewsblacky200

Time to move back on 10:56 - Sep 28 by Pommyhoop

Your'e going to need a smaller boat
Time to move back on 15:41 - Sep 28 with 2787 viewsisawqpratwcity

Time to move back on 15:37 - Sep 28 by blacky200

Your'e going to need a smaller boat

We've already done this. Refer to match thread.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Time to move back on 15:47 - Sep 28 with 2792 viewsPommyhoop

Time to move back on 15:41 - Sep 28 by isawqpratwcity

We've already done this. Refer to match thread.

No ,no.Let whoever wants to comment fill their boots.
I never tire of seeing that finely tuned killing machine..

Time to move back on 17:37 - Sep 28 with 2754 viewsbatmanhoop

Time to move back on 22:03 - Sep 27 by MrSheen

Whereabouts? Thinking of retirement there.

I'm between Lyme and Seaton, Axminster train every hour to Waterloo. Dorset the only county with no motorway so everywhere here is remote. Reminds me of England before we got swamped
Time to move back on 20:47 - Sep 29 with 2695 viewseastside_r

Blimey. Lots of provincials on here. Surprising amount of Kenters (not sure if that's the correct term )

I have lived most of my life in LB Redbridge. For those of you not au fait with NE London, think the big loop on the other end of the Central Line.

We still have selective state grammar schools so not sure if that is of interest to the OP.

Even if I came into a large amount of money, I would probably still buy a nice pile in this area. I am very much of the Samuel Johnson school of thought on London, even though I am very much a boy from the suburbs.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to move back on 01:21 - Sep 30 with 2636 viewsFredManRave

Time to move back on 10:56 - Sep 28 by Pommyhoop

Had everybody gotten out of the water before you caught it?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Time to move back on 01:54 - Sep 30 with 2622 viewsPommyhoop

Time to move back on 01:21 - Sep 30 by FredManRave

Had everybody gotten out of the water before you caught it?

You may mock.But look at a close up of the business end.

I might of lost a finger ....nail..

Time to move back on 06:53 - Sep 30 with 2602 viewswestberksr

Time to move back on 19:06 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

Own a detached house in a beautiful village in West Berkshire, just about to send an e-mail to an estate agent saying no I don't want to sell it and buy a new house in Lambourn that we've been looking at for the last few weeks.
QPR home games are 3 hour round journeys.
Excellent schools in nearby Newbury.
One pub in my village-no shops-one bus stop and one bus per day and that's it, It's called bliss.

3 hrs round trip Ted; you only using the first 3 gears?

I'd stay where you are mate rather than Lambourn; i like it here but think your spot is a bit nicer due to being so small and quiet (and shaves 10 minutes off the journey each way too).

you get all the dross in the village who'd irritate you; i'm sure some of the locals have a family tree that looks more like a stump! but you would suddenly feel much taller due to racing crowd all looking like extras from snow white!

although me, you and Lambourn could have formed a trio of rangers to drive out the few Chelshit fans knocking around; although most are the corporate types who know not of the 'history'.
Time to move back on 08:30 - Sep 30 with 2572 viewsNorthernr

Time to move back on 23:46 - Sep 27 by baz_qpr

Partridge Road Opposite the entrance to the little Sainsbury car park

Used to live on Old Farm Road in one of the houses on Orston Lodge when I was a kid, just to the back of there. Nice part of the world.

Now in Whetstone, between Barnet and Finchley on the Northern Line. Just the right mixture of green and city and on the tube map so I like it.
Time to move back on 08:52 - Sep 30 with 2552 viewsTGRRRSSS

I live in Bracknell/Wokingham, borders (literally)

Maidenhead is a good call with Crossrail prices will go up, and ease into London will be even better, and the links aren't bad anyway.
Town Centre doesn't look great but its handy for getting everywhere and MArlow, Henley not far, Windsor and both Gatwick and Heathrow very do able, good schools in that area both State and Private, and if you've got a few quid some nice restaurants round Bray.
Time to move back on 08:58 - Sep 30 with 2547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lived in Harrow on the Hill for the last year, before moving back to Ireland.

Nice village atmosphere, lovely buildings. People can be remote and unfriendly, but never loud or rude so not the worst. Some seriously nice people frequent the White Horse pub, for example.

Plenty of parks, couple of corner shops, couple of great pubs. Nice restaurants.

Schools are posh and breeding places for Tory w*****s. John Lyon and Harrow school traipse little boys around in khaki as part of the brainwashing. Kids are mannerly on the streets, though, so I presume that when later on they're killing women and children on the Queen's shilling or passing laws to behead working class babies they'll be refined enough to smile while they're doing it.

Overall, highly recommended part of the world.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Time to move back on 09:45 - Sep 30 with 2536 viewsA40Bosh

Time to move back on 08:58 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Lived in Harrow on the Hill for the last year, before moving back to Ireland.

Nice village atmosphere, lovely buildings. People can be remote and unfriendly, but never loud or rude so not the worst. Some seriously nice people frequent the White Horse pub, for example.

Plenty of parks, couple of corner shops, couple of great pubs. Nice restaurants.

Schools are posh and breeding places for Tory w*****s. John Lyon and Harrow school traipse little boys around in khaki as part of the brainwashing. Kids are mannerly on the streets, though, so I presume that when later on they're killing women and children on the Queen's shilling or passing laws to behead working class babies they'll be refined enough to smile while they're doing it.

Overall, highly recommended part of the world.

Nice shout Brian, my Mrs works in the 6th form college on the top of the hill. It's lovely up around there and we use the White horse from time to time. The usual problem though is the cost of a property in a decent part of Harrow. And you are only ever a 5-10 minute walk away from Sth Harrow which is *ahem* a different world altogether.

I have lived in Eastcote/Ruislip area since I was 7. Good state and faith schools at primary and secondary, loads of parks and Ruislip Woods and Lido for the kids and the dogs.

Excellent transport links with the Central at West Ruislip, Ruislip Gardens and South Ruislip, Piccadilly and Metropolitan from Ruisip. Ruislip Manor and Eastcote and lots of buses. Like any area it has it's nice but expensive areas around the North part of Ruislip and Eastcote, and then ok places, buy overall plenty of green areas and good access to shopping areas such as Uxbridge, Watford and Harrow.

Most importantly South Ruislip to White City on the Central in about 18-20mins on a Saturday or midweek night - no messing about with A40/M4 traffic!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Time to move back on 09:50 - Sep 30 with 2529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to move back on 09:45 - Sep 30 by A40Bosh

Nice shout Brian, my Mrs works in the 6th form college on the top of the hill. It's lovely up around there and we use the White horse from time to time. The usual problem though is the cost of a property in a decent part of Harrow. And you are only ever a 5-10 minute walk away from Sth Harrow which is *ahem* a different world altogether.

I have lived in Eastcote/Ruislip area since I was 7. Good state and faith schools at primary and secondary, loads of parks and Ruislip Woods and Lido for the kids and the dogs.

Excellent transport links with the Central at West Ruislip, Ruislip Gardens and South Ruislip, Piccadilly and Metropolitan from Ruisip. Ruislip Manor and Eastcote and lots of buses. Like any area it has it's nice but expensive areas around the North part of Ruislip and Eastcote, and then ok places, buy overall plenty of green areas and good access to shopping areas such as Uxbridge, Watford and Harrow.

Most importantly South Ruislip to White City on the Central in about 18-20mins on a Saturday or midweek night - no messing about with A40/M4 traffic!!

St. Dom's? My sister and lots of friends went there. Great school. Better than Greg's where I went.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Time to move back on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 2511 viewsA40Bosh

Time to move back on 09:50 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

St. Dom's? My sister and lots of friends went there. Great school. Better than Greg's where I went.

Yep, she is a personal tutor there looking after the pastoral side of things. She absolutely loves it there. I had to drop her in there this morning and it is a lovely looking campus.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Time to move back on 12:58 - Sep 30 with 2477 viewsoohmewhisky

Time to move back on 23:00 - Sep 27 by rrrspricey

Royal Tunbridge Wells dahling. Absolutely splendid part of our fair land... fcuk all to do mind you, housing costs are fcukin mental & there's a fair few "disgusted of" knobs here too.

lovely schools though what what.

Wow, I thought I was the only one! Only ever once seen a QPR shirt in nearly 30 years of living here, and that was about 6 months ago! Where abouts are you rspricey?
Time to move back on 13:37 - Sep 30 with 2448 viewsFredManRave

I live in Mendoza, Argentina and have been here for 8 years now. The weather here is unbelievable, officially desert due to the pathetic amount of rainfall, there are approx. 320 days of sun a year and the scenery of the snow capped Andes mountians is breath taking as are the unbelievably hot local latinas. Private schools are affordable and university education is free. But it is a 3rd world country and the insecurity and economoy here are an issue.
I always have it in the back of my mind that I would want to return to England in the near future but the big stumbling block is property. I own a decent 3 bed house but if I sold it I doubt I'd have enough to build the 4 walls of a family home anywhere in London. I think realistically if I do come back it would be to live on the south coast around the Hastings area as that's where I have family and friends.
Property prices in general, but particularly in London, are just so high these days, I feel sorry for young couples and "average income" families that are just unable to get anywhere near to be being "proud home owners".
I assume the only way to be able to afford the 5000/600k properties that I've seen mentioned on here are if you're selling your 400/500 property with a large amount of equity.
If not then just what is the average London wage these days?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Time to move back on 17:29 - Sep 30 with 2412 viewsjo_qpr63

Time to move back on 08:52 - Sep 30 by TGRRRSSS

I live in Bracknell/Wokingham, borders (literally)

Maidenhead is a good call with Crossrail prices will go up, and ease into London will be even better, and the links aren't bad anyway.
Town Centre doesn't look great but its handy for getting everywhere and MArlow, Henley not far, Windsor and both Gatwick and Heathrow very do able, good schools in that area both State and Private, and if you've got a few quid some nice restaurants round Bray.

Your not on jennetts park are you?
Time to move back on 17:52 - Sep 30 with 2403 viewsted_hendrix

Time to move back on 06:53 - Sep 30 by westberksr

3 hrs round trip Ted; you only using the first 3 gears?

I'd stay where you are mate rather than Lambourn; i like it here but think your spot is a bit nicer due to being so small and quiet (and shaves 10 minutes off the journey each way too).

you get all the dross in the village who'd irritate you; i'm sure some of the locals have a family tree that looks more like a stump! but you would suddenly feel much taller due to racing crowd all looking like extras from snow white!

although me, you and Lambourn could have formed a trio of rangers to drive out the few Chelshit fans knocking around; although most are the corporate types who know not of the 'history'.

Hello Stuart we very nearly done the deal but Mrs Hendrix in the end said it didn't quite feel right, the house backed onto a gorgeous field with three grazing horses resident and their stable was about 5 metres from what would have been our back door, my other lad Dave's brother has bought one of the two bed detatched houses and he's now signed up with the solicitors so should be moving in shortly, the nine new houses are a 5 minutes walk from Lambourns football ground where my lad played a few times for Thatcham Tornados under 12s.
Get a few more Rangers fans to move into Lambourn and QPR will have their own end!
Be lucky mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to move back on 00:05 - Oct 1 with 2344 viewscowleyhoop

I've been told Hayes town is a wonderful place specialy after dark and i believe 90% of the schools have metal detectors and security at the entrance. You'd have the oasis that is botwell park on your doorstep and such delightful establishments as the captain morgans and the old crowne close by what more could you want
Time to move back on 06:07 - Oct 1 with 2323 viewswestberksr

well it's a shame you didn't come and join us Ted. sitting in your garden feeding the horses carrots is quite a theraputic way to pass the time; although after about a month you'd be cursing the things for holding up the traffic!
Time to move back on 12:34 - Oct 1 with 2244 viewsTGRRRSSS

Time to move back on 17:29 - Sep 30 by jo_qpr63

Your not on jennetts park are you?

Not exactly no, but I can walk to it, and sometimes go running with a mate (who is) on the new country park behind it.
Time to move back on 12:56 - Oct 1 with 2216 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ahh John Lyon. First on the fixture list every season. (never did find out why)

Lovely ground, saved two penalties in one match once wearing Burmuda shorts under my keepers shorts.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024