Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up 07:36 - May 3 with 2344 viewsDaBurgh

My parents were born in the late 20's and were teenagers during the war. I grew up in the sixties, with my mom filling the house with 'big band' music.
Even my high school principal, Mr. Rudder would play Glenn Miller over the school PA system every morning before classes started.
This one's for you Mom and Mr. Rudder.
[Post edited 3 May 7:36]
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 02:17 - May 4 with 411 viewsSonofpugwash

Every saturday morning it would be The Bib Band Sound.

Modern equivalent...

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 04:06 - May 4 with 385 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Another one for Irish songs and Elvis.

Thing about Irish music is that I either can't stand it (mostly the di-feckin-diddley stuff) or, I'm reduced to tears when I hear some real belter. When I hear Elvis, I think of my dad sat by the record player listening and enjoying. Work once brought me to Tupelo, felt quite emotional with Elvis everywhere, he'd have been in his element.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 07:24 - May 4 with 335 viewswestberksr

my grandad loved his crooners, particularly Nat King Cole

Mum was a huge Bassey& Mathis fan

dad loved all sorts, but I distinctly remember car drives with a Motown compilation called The Big Wheels of Motown (just googled it, 1978, I was 10) and that helped set me on my way to my love of soul and black music genres in general.

the opening track
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 07:26 - May 4 with 326 viewsMick_S

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 18:32 - May 3 by loftboy

My mum was a huge fan, I recently found out she sang a duet with him in a pub in east London when she was a teen.

“You need hands when you have to stop a bus”

Hello Brentford 😆

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024