Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good bye Unc,s 12:02 - May 2 with 4601 viewsconnell10

Leaving at the end of the season.Seems a smashing fellow, good luck mate .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Good bye Unc,s on 12:09 - May 2 with 3018 viewsAndybrat

Great interview, would never be surprised if this isn’t the last we see of him. Said in another thread a brilliant example to the youngsters playing in the development squad, feels like one of the good guys
Good bye Unc,s on 12:10 - May 2 with 3009 viewsconnell10

Good bye Unc,s on 12:09 - May 2 by Andybrat

Great interview, would never be surprised if this isn’t the last we see of him. Said in another thread a brilliant example to the youngsters playing in the development squad, feels like one of the good guys

Yeah agree.

Good bye Unc,s on 12:16 - May 2 with 2939 viewsDavieQPR

Ah. Another player retires and just because he.s a nice bloke he should be given a coaches job. Could you imagine how many coaches we would have if we did this every time it was suggested.
Good bye Unc,s on 12:19 - May 2 with 2905 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nice that the club have announced this before the final game, unlike on certain other occasions in the recent past. Hopefully another thing we're moving in the right direction on.
Good luck Uncs! Been a pleasure!
Only slightly sad thing: did he ever get to score in front of the Loft with fans in it? Feels like most of his goals were away from home.

Bare bones.

Good bye Unc,s on 12:20 - May 2 with 2897 viewsconnell10

Good bye Unc,s on 12:16 - May 2 by DavieQPR

Ah. Another player retires and just because he.s a nice bloke he should be given a coaches job. Could you imagine how many coaches we would have if we did this every time it was suggested.

Don't get ya knickers in a twist mate, no one said anything about coaching , he could just turn up as a fan to watch the team. Jesus.

Good bye Unc,s on 12:31 - May 2 with 2819 viewsNed_Kennedys

He’s not retiring: he’s hoping for another season or two elsewhere.
Was a handy player for us for a few years and it’s always good to see a true QPR fan playing for the club.
All the very best for the future Uncs.
Good bye Unc,s on 12:33 - May 2 with 2803 viewsPlanetHonneywood

42?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Good bye Unc,s on 12:36 - May 2 with 2774 viewsHayesender

Love that he got to play for us, comes across as a proper gentleman, but he should never have been given that extra two years. Best of luck for the future uncs

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Good bye Unc,s on 12:45 - May 2 with 2696 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Good bye Unc,s on 12:36 - May 2 by Hayesender

Love that he got to play for us, comes across as a proper gentleman, but he should never have been given that extra two years. Best of luck for the future uncs

True - and I doubt in the brave new Nourryspeak world order, such 'decisions' would be made or manager's appointed akin to that which I am lead to believe Ramsey considered as appropriate pre-game prep either!

Good luck to Uncs; always felt he put his heart and soul into it and if a few more were like him in the past, we might never have been in such a mess all the time.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Good bye Unc,s on 13:03 - May 2 with 2557 viewsbosh67

Love the guy. Lived the dream we all wish we could live. He is a very inspirational character so I hope he does return in some capacity with the club. Have no idea if he has done his badges or intends to, but I can see him having a very good part to play in the community area and also helping younger players cope with it all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good bye Unc,s on 13:10 - May 2 with 2487 viewssaxbend

He still might coach for us one day but looks like he wants to play for another season or more first. I just hope he gets to do so somewhere less miserable than Birmingham City next season.
Good bye Unc,s on 13:11 - May 2 with 2476 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good bye Unc,s on 13:03 - May 2 by bosh67

Love the guy. Lived the dream we all wish we could live. He is a very inspirational character so I hope he does return in some capacity with the club. Have no idea if he has done his badges or intends to, but I can see him having a very good part to play in the community area and also helping younger players cope with it all.

Hopefully Sints will be about for a long time yet, but he could be club ambassador one day!

Bare bones.

Good bye Unc,s on 13:12 - May 2 with 2471 viewsbosh67

What a beautiful, heartfelt, emotional and uplifting interview...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/02/adomah-to-depart/

Just lovely Uncs. You are a true gentleman and one of our own.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good bye Unc,s on 13:22 - May 2 with 2393 viewsParkRoyalR

Good bye Unc,s on 13:12 - May 2 by bosh67

What a beautiful, heartfelt, emotional and uplifting interview...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/02/adomah-to-depart/

Just lovely Uncs. You are a true gentleman and one of our own.

Whats not to love about this bloke, grew up between Shepherds Bush and Greenford I think he mentioned, and supported his local club,

Started his playing career for Old Meadonians in Chiswick and ended up playing 500+ games of football in the highest levels of English football,

Obviously has the work ethic and good character to be an excellent coach and sure every QPR fan wishes his all the best and hopes we'll see him about the place again soon,

That goal at Coventry and his celebration at Leyton Orient with the fans are two for starters than will live long in the memory.
Good bye Unc,s on 13:33 - May 2 with 2333 viewsngbqpr

Good bye Unc,s on 12:19 - May 2 by Antti_Heinola

Nice that the club have announced this before the final game, unlike on certain other occasions in the recent past. Hopefully another thing we're moving in the right direction on.
Good luck Uncs! Been a pleasure!
Only slightly sad thing: did he ever get to score in front of the Loft with fans in it? Feels like most of his goals were away from home.

5 away - Watford x 2, Cov, Orient in the cup, Stoke

One at home - Luton behind closed doors.

So no Loft End goal with fans in - but he certainly milked most of the others :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Good bye Unc,s on 13:56 - May 2 with 2184 viewsQPRConor2000

You can tell how much the club means to him.

An absolute professional who we have been lucky to have around the club for four seasons, I really do wish him well.

I hope one day he does come back in a coaching role within the academy.
Good bye Unc,s on 13:58 - May 2 with 2174 viewsHayesender

I enjoyed the day he won us the league cup at Leyton Orient

Good bye Unc,s on 13:58 - May 2 with 2170 viewsTheChef

Good bye Unc,s on 13:33 - May 2 by ngbqpr

5 away - Watford x 2, Cov, Orient in the cup, Stoke

One at home - Luton behind closed doors.

So no Loft End goal with fans in - but he certainly milked most of the others :)

The winner at Watford during Covid - I was jumping around the front room for five minutes afterwards.

Not forgetting Dom Ball's contribution to the celebrations

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Good bye Unc,s on 14:06 - May 2 with 2096 viewsLongRanger

Good bye Unc,s on 13:22 - May 2 by ParkRoyalR

Whats not to love about this bloke, grew up between Shepherds Bush and Greenford I think he mentioned, and supported his local club,

Started his playing career for Old Meadonians in Chiswick and ended up playing 500+ games of football in the highest levels of English football,

Obviously has the work ethic and good character to be an excellent coach and sure every QPR fan wishes his all the best and hopes we'll see him about the place again soon,

That goal at Coventry and his celebration at Leyton Orient with the fans are two for starters than will live long in the memory.

I played against him when he was 17 at Old Meadonians, we were joint top with them and playing each other last game of the season to decide the title and he scored the only goal, he was super player, real raw talent then, but none of the bravado you see from a lot of others. He's done so well, good luck to him, top fella.
Good bye Unc,s on 14:10 - May 2 with 2076 viewsrobith

3 moments for me

1. the watford winner - those covid games were a dark time but that winner was proper aubergine emoji

2. one of the first games back was Orient which was terrible, but albert slotting the winning pen and getting in the crowd - GOAT tier

3. Was on holiday in Ghana last October and was watching City vs Utd in a bar in Accra. I was cheering along for FPL purposes and got chatting to a local who was doing the same. Asked me who I supported and said QPR and he replied "Albert Adomah plays for you right?" Love players who can build those connections
Good bye Unc,s on 14:35 - May 2 with 1952 viewslassel

Nice guy who I understand has been working on his badges behind the scenes, spending a lot of time working with the younger lads.

Hopefully he can fulfil his desire to play another year or two, will be interesting to see where he turns up next albeit I imagine he will have to drop several divisions to another contract!
Good bye Unc,s on 14:37 - May 2 with 1945 viewsNorthernr

Obviously only should have been a one year stay, giving him another two years on top of that is right up there in our recent nonsenses.

But obviously a good guy and pro, and I was really impressed that in the final year of a long career he was still turning out for the development squad with the young lads this season when I suspect the vast majority of players in his position would have said fck that. Good for the young kids to be playing alongside somebody like that who's had a terrific career in the game. And a big one in the eye for twts like Taylor who can't even be arsd to train and play for the firsts, never mind the reserves.
Good bye Unc,s on 14:45 - May 2 with 1878 viewsJimboqpr

A great pro and a big character just wish we had him when he was younger. Best of luck to him! Wants to move to a club in the Midlands to be closer to where he lives....I know a League One bound club in that part of the world who might go for it Uncs!
Good bye Unc,s on 14:45 - May 2 with 1878 viewsHayesender

Good bye Unc,s on 14:37 - May 2 by Northernr

Obviously only should have been a one year stay, giving him another two years on top of that is right up there in our recent nonsenses.

But obviously a good guy and pro, and I was really impressed that in the final year of a long career he was still turning out for the development squad with the young lads this season when I suspect the vast majority of players in his position would have said fck that. Good for the young kids to be playing alongside somebody like that who's had a terrific career in the game. And a big one in the eye for twts like Taylor who can't even be arsd to train and play for the firsts, never mind the reserves.

Regarding Richards, I think the next few weeks will be interesting concerning his career here (no laughing at the back)

I cant see our new and improved CEO letting this nonsense carry on

Good bye Unc,s on 14:56 - May 2 with 1819 viewsLazyFan

Unks has had seasons with several managers now just at QPR let alone others, he has seen several styles and the impacts of those.

He has seen how to recover from a desperate situation with Marti and how to do Powerpoint to impress bosses with Beale and how to gee up the team to win even when your out of your own skill depth with Gaz.

Hes seen it all, I suspect he could add value if gets his coaching badges. He has also seen the perils of academies and dev squads by playing with them recently and not 20 years ago. What the young uns go through.

Not to mention, his contacts are vast and wide.

He should get his badges and go and coach abroad like Marti as that's all he's missing now. The abroad experience will fill in his missing gaps and he will hopefully be a great coach.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024