Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves Cover Art 14:21 - Jan 1 with 4851 viewsDannyPaddox

Hungover, happy (for obvious reasons), and bored so I'm admiring this season's Wolves programme cover art after seeing the pic in the match thread (thanks to rsonist for the link). You know the one, a rifle brandishing Sandro/Kris Kristofersen in an out of date QPR cowboy hat and of course a Wolf (apparently rabid and not happy with the prospect of being put-down)

So I'm checking the others, they're obviously not a patch on the work on offer in the konk vision-on thread but still worth a gander. They seem to be a cross between Boys Own book jackets, Ripping Yarns, and the album covers of 70s Welsh heavy-metal band Budgie. What's fun is googling the images and trying to guess who they're playing.

Wolves v A man dumping radio-active waste (Jason Statham?)

Wolves v A dog with very bad sunburn
(Do not leave pets in cars!)

Wolves v A flock of custard-dipped seagulls

Okay This must be Wolves v Brentford, but also a perfectly acceptable movie poster for a 1960s Japanese Sci-Film film involving mutant killer bees.

Another easy one: Wolves v THERES NO ONE DRIVING!

Ipswich! Another 3 points tomorrow please!

I wonder if they sold many?

Happy New Year all Rs!!!

[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 14:41]
Wolves Cover Art on 14:41 - Jan 1 with 4809 viewsrsonist

Wolves Cover Art on 14:52 - Jan 1 with 4786 viewsDannyPaddox

The Fulham one is the only cop-out. They've said to the illustrator something like: "Great picture mate but it looks like Wolves v A Feral Dickie Davis. You're gonna have to write the name of the team on that one"

The Derby(?) one: looks like they've just had inappropriate sex and are regretting it.

And what's with the Reading knight? A box of broken biscuits best symbolises that mob.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 15:16]
Wolves Cover Art on 15:23 - Jan 1 with 4736 viewsMedwayR

They can re-use the radioactive waste being dumped (which is actually the brewers of Burton Albion of course) if they play Middlesbrough.

Poll: Who’s better?

Wolves Cover Art on 18:24 - Jan 1 with 4554 viewsDannyPaddox

I fear for the animal. Wolves' penultimate visitors to Molyneaux are Newcastle. Cue the mutt being harassed by a legion of menacing fat-bellied hovering barcodes. Then after months of torment from a collection of psychedelic birds, day-glow dogs, giant flying insects, and flat-capped wearing environmental criminals, the poor beleaguered wolf has had enough and on the cover of the last home game of the season against Wigan leaps off the end of the pier. RIP Wolfie you never stood a chance.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 18:38]
Wolves Cover Art on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 4474 viewsdistortR

For the fulham game i would have liked to have seen the wolf being menaced by a pair of ghostly red trousers.
Wolves Cover Art on 18:58 - Jan 1 with 4456 viewsDannyPaddox

Wolves Cover Art on 18:53 - Jan 1 by distortR

For the fulham game i would have liked to have seen the wolf being menaced by a pair of ghostly red trousers.

... and helplessly trapped under the toppled statue of Michael Jackson.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 18:58]
Wolves Cover Art on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 4304 viewsBoston

Fulham, but they're the Cottagers, so the appropriate picture is surely two Wolves in a public toilet engaged in a sexual act?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wolves Cover Art on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 4014 viewsKonk

Wolves Cover Art on 18:53 - Jan 1 by distortR

Blimey. They’re special. This is my effort for the Wolves v Fulham game — it’s a riff on Little Red Riding Hood/Trousers. You’ve already got your wolf and a cottage, you just need to swap the red cape for some red slacks. Easy. Can’t believe the artist has resorted to a rabid badger/gentle pooch combo rather than go with the obvious solution (for the creative media folk who are interested in these type of things, I have used Microsoft's Paint software for my programme artwork).

For the more traditional elements, this effort sees Little Red Riding Hood wearing a red cape in addition to red trousers.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 9:33]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves Cover Art on 11:17 - Jan 3 with 3929 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wolves Cover Art on 09:25 - Jan 3 by Konk

Blimey. They’re special. This is my effort for the Wolves v Fulham game — it’s a riff on Little Red Riding Hood/Trousers. You’ve already got your wolf and a cottage, you just need to swap the red cape for some red slacks. Easy. Can’t believe the artist has resorted to a rabid badger/gentle pooch combo rather than go with the obvious solution (for the creative media folk who are interested in these type of things, I have used Microsoft's Paint software for my programme artwork).

For the more traditional elements, this effort sees Little Red Riding Hood wearing a red cape in addition to red trousers.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 9:33]

Is it no coincidence that 'chicken' and 'craven' are synonyms?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wolves Cover Art on 11:31 - Jan 3 with 3909 viewsDannyPaddox

For the Fulham cover you could always swap the red trousers for an American tourist in a red puffa jacket:

Wolves Cover Art on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 3722 viewsDannyPaddox

Wolves v Aston Villa
Tomorrows programme cover. Another good 'un!
Wolves Cover Art on 14:25 - Jan 13 with 3695 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Here's the QPR one if anyone interested...

Very camp!

Wolves Cover Art on 14:53 - Jan 13 with 3651 viewsBoston

Wolves Cover Art on 11:17 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

Is it no coincidence that 'chicken' and 'craven' are synonyms?

Top, top command of the English language.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024