Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 16:53 - Dec 22 with 5803 viewsGloucs_R

Apparently we are looking for a new striker, personally think sylla should be given a few starts first.. But his should we go for?

Rhodes too expensive?
Matty Taylor, not enough experience?
Crouch too old?
Yesterday too expensive?

Poll: Are we staying up?

New striker on 16:56 - Dec 22 with 3542 viewsHayesender

Is David Nugent getting game time at Middlesbrough?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New striker on 17:02 - Dec 22 with 3519 viewsGloucs_R

He wants to go to Leeds

Poll: Are we staying up?

New striker on 17:07 - Dec 22 with 3507 viewsWadR

Think Rhodes is way out of our wage or transfer budget. Nugent is a good shout, possibly still too pricey but fits the remit described in the WLS article. Think he's exactly the sort of player we could do with, good link man, leader, experienced and with several promotions under his belt,

Just trying to think of players out of favour at Prem clubs. Leo Ulloa would be perfect but presumably would have interest from several premier league clubs and the whole of the championship. Does Ashley Barnes play much for Burnley? Hardly a glamorous signing but has experience of this league.

Yann Kermorgant has fallen down the pecking order at Reading and would fit the bill of experienced at this level.
New striker on 17:13 - Dec 22 with 3485 viewsdaveB

Crouch on loan would be perfect for us but probably unlikely
New striker on 17:17 - Dec 22 with 3469 viewsbosh67

Our biggest problem is that older experienced strikers are going to China and the USA on good money. Why come here? Crouch is 35 and would probably be about the only one that would come back. But he is 35.

Only other player I can think of is Matt Smith at Fulham. Not a bad scoring rate and not featuring at Fulham. 27 now.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 17:20]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New striker on 17:20 - Dec 22 with 3454 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is Remy available.....

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New striker on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 3436 viewsSimonJames

I'm not sure it matters who it is, if they don't get any service.

100% of people who drink water will die.

New striker on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 3420 viewsDiscodroids

Mark Mcnulty .
[Post edited 23 Dec 2016 8:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 17:32 - Dec 22 with 3402 viewsPunteR

JET.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New striker on 17:59 - Dec 22 with 3344 viewsSimonJames

I hear Grant Holt isn't getting much game time in Scotland...

100% of people who drink water will die.

New striker on 18:08 - Dec 22 with 3316 viewsToast_R

New striker on 17:20 - Dec 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Is Remy available.....

Only if we get to the play offs
New striker on 18:12 - Dec 22 with 3300 views2Thomas2Bowles

New striker on 18:08 - Dec 22 by Toast_R

Only if we get to the play offs

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New striker on 18:40 - Dec 22 with 3223 viewsrsonist

We've certainly been missing a target man but we have two who have recently been struggling for fitness in Sylla and Polts. And Washington's form rests entirely on playing with a partner. So I'm not sure of the need really.

If we were set up how we wanted to be, creating chances and our forwards missing hatfuls it'd be a different story. But it's not that.

A loan might make sense. On a perm I'd go for Omar Bogle at Grimsby if anyone.
New striker on 18:45 - Dec 22 with 3206 viewsCamberleyR

Is John Akinde at Barnet worth a punt?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New striker on 18:47 - Dec 22 with 3197 viewsPunteR

If we are going into the loan market surely we need to look at the league above?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New striker on 18:49 - Dec 22 with 3187 viewsCamberleyR

New striker on 18:47 - Dec 22 by PunteR

If we are going into the loan market surely we need to look at the league above?

I meant buy Akinde, not loan him. 3-400K would surely be too much for Barnet to turn down. That is if there isn't just shirt buttons and a few foreign coins in the piggy bank.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 18:50]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New striker on 18:56 - Dec 22 with 3165 viewsaston_hoop

Maybe in a minority but I don't think the strikers we have are the problem, between Sylla, Polts and Washington we have goals but we need to play 2 of them and set up correctly with actual wingers and balls in to the box. The last few games with the way we set up, I really dont think any striker in existence could have done anything differently.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New striker on 19:07 - Dec 22 with 3139 viewsDWQPR

New striker on 18:56 - Dec 22 by aston_hoop

Maybe in a minority but I don't think the strikers we have are the problem, between Sylla, Polts and Washington we have goals but we need to play 2 of them and set up correctly with actual wingers and balls in to the box. The last few games with the way we set up, I really dont think any striker in existence could have done anything differently.

Gigi Di Canio made Dave look like Jimmy Greaves with his goal scoring which shows that the right coach will have a team creating chances. Is Dave still playing by the way?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New striker on 19:17 - Dec 22 with 3109 viewsisawqpratwcity

New striker on 19:07 - Dec 22 by DWQPR

Gigi Di Canio made Dave look like Jimmy Greaves with his goal scoring which shows that the right coach will have a team creating chances. Is Dave still playing by the way?

Hasn't played for a year and a half. I suppose you'd consider that retired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Agyemang

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New striker on 19:21 - Dec 22 with 3098 viewsaston_hoop

New striker on 19:07 - Dec 22 by DWQPR

Well since you mentioned it, I had to find out! oh for exiting games like in those De Canio days!

https://elwriteback.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/former-qpr-star-patrick-agyemang-lo

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New striker on 19:53 - Dec 22 with 3007 viewsHayesender

I like the look of this fella

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New striker on 19:55 - Dec 22 with 2993 viewspaulparker

If we are looking at short term how about Jonathan Walters at stoke
Very much in the Mackie mold of putting in a 100 percent and would be a good foil for Washington
Other than that bamford at Burnley isn't getting game time or maybe a cheeky punt on loan for solanke at Chelsea this lad is a goal machine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New striker on 20:27 - Dec 22 with 2917 viewsNorthernr

A striker, on our budget, in January, will be incredibly difficult.

1 - January is expensive anyway.
2 - Why would a club let a good striker go in the middle of the season? They know they're difficult to replace so would demand a premium.
3 - Aston Villa and Newcastle have inflated the transfer market for strikers to ridiculous levels. Two years ago you'd have got that lad from Bristol City for £4m, now he costs £14m. Dwight Gayle £10m is just a half decent Championship player.

All of which means you'd just be buying another Washington or Polter - i.e. taking a punt on somebody, probably from a lower league or abroad, who would take time to settle and work his way into the team. Time we're not willing to give as a club or a support base. Time that, even if awarded, might not work.

Of the suggestions already on this thread, actually Crouch might be the most realistic. Club connection, not playing for Stoke, half season loan, might work for everybody, but don't think that would be cheap.

Rhodes - you're absolutely kidding yourself. The wage, the loan fee, the fact everybody else in the Championship would want him - including Leeds, Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, etc. More chance of me playing up front for us in the second half of the season. Same with Nugent I suspect.

Akinde - as above, would take time to settle. I've been really impressed with him at Barnet because I've watched him a lot during his career and he's always struck me as a bit of fairy elephant - looks like he should be a beast but doesn't punch his weight. Has he improved enough to play Championship level for a struggling team?

Bogle - again, seen a lot of him. Absolutely amazed he's stepped up to be honest because I looked at him half a dozen times last year and thought he was Conference tops. Maybe he's a late bloomer, haven't got chance to see him live yet this year but he's tearing it up. Again, mid season, up two levels, struggling team, you want to do that to the lad?

Sad as it is, both of those lads being black would make it harder for them with the anti-Les brigade.

Matty Taylor at Bristol Rovers. Love love love. Great player. Defended him on here in the summer when somebody said he'd never scored above League Two - League One this season boy, smashing them in all the same. Born goal scorer. Will do it in the Championship as well. But for us? In our system? He's not a big lad, would we simply repeat the mistakes we've made with Washington?

The lad I like, who would fit perfectly with how we're playing, who is scoring frequently in the Championship in a crap side, and may potentially be available, and may potentially be affordable, and may come, is Sam Gallagher who is on loan at Blackburn from Southampton. They may recall him this January because he's done well and because Austin is injured. If they do, and subsequently sign a better striker in January themselves, could we nip in there with a loan bid? Looks a cut above Blackburn certainly.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New striker on 20:39 - Dec 22 with 2876 viewsqprphil

Like some others on here, you can put who you like up front, but if you don't give them something to feed off, they won't score naff all. We have two big strikers which suggests to me to wingers getting in crosses, we couldn't do any worse, could we.?
New striker on 20:40 - Dec 22 with 2871 viewsNorthernr

New striker on 20:39 - Dec 22 by qprphil

Like some others on here, you can put who you like up front, but if you don't give them something to feed off, they won't score naff all. We have two big strikers which suggests to me to wingers getting in crosses, we couldn't do any worse, could we.?

Yeh this as well, Aston's post earlier is bang on.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024