Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Are Doomed Thread 08:10 - Dec 14 with 4026 views2Thomas2Bowles

Get this up early in case we lose tonight, so all those spitting feathers have a home to post in and hopefully not 20 other threads.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 8:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

We Are Doomed Thread on 09:50 - Dec 14 with 2824 viewsPinnerPaul

Its the Championship, we're expected to lose, Derby in a rich vein of form, fans don't care, players do but not good enough......................

2-0 to us - its what we do!
We Are Doomed Thread on 09:57 - Dec 14 with 2808 viewsstevec

All the others around us lost last night, so if our wondrous midfield feels like having a shot on goal, dropping back to help at the back, no need, consider this a bonus game.
We Are Doomed Thread on 10:18 - Dec 14 with 2768 viewsngbqpr

Last night Facebook recommended I click on a link for their 'Optimistic QPR Supporters Group' page. That sounds like me, I thought....LFW getting a bit glass half empty, so let's go glass half full with some fellow Rs always looking for silver linings. Here is the first post I read, as a result of which I could only conclude the group name was oxymoronic, ironic or both....or we really are doomed and am the only idiot who can't see it:

As you all know, I have not pulled any punches the last few months, I have disagreed with a few, argued with some and agreed with others.
10th December 2016, remember it well.....
This was the day we proved that actually we do not belong in this league, it is the day that my tiny faith in Holloway evaporated, and certainly became the day I realised our current players do not belong at our club.
Wedo not belong in this league, simply because we are not good enough.
I can take defeat, I can take frustration, I can take the pain, if I saw passion, creativity, pride, and a football understanding. I cannot take the lack of motivation, the uncaring, disillusioning poison that has spread through our team.
In Holloway we have a joker, a media man, who is a fan favourite, but alas has shown he cannot raise his game or that of the players.
I remind you we played ROTHERHAM today, I was actually going to be pi$$ed pre match if we had drawn......the loss I am sorry is unexceptable, and has proven we will get relegated.
Every team that comes to the so called fortress (now made of jelly) just has to remember 'This is the side that lost to Rotherham ' and our home advantage is totally negated.
The players, I can't even discuss, the only thing I would say is that they should be sued under the trades description act, as footballers, and if there was a programme called Cowboy Footballers, those w*nkers would be all over the tv, for taking far too high wages, and fking Joe public ie the fans over week after week after week.......
Imfking livid as you can see,and really not looking for the absolute unbelievable optimistic $hit stirrers that cannot accept the sad truth of who we are, and that's a laughing stock of the football world.......

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

We Are Doomed Thread on 10:34 - Dec 14 with 2745 viewsPinnerPaul

We Are Doomed Thread on 10:18 - Dec 14 by ngbqpr

Last night Facebook recommended I click on a link for their 'Optimistic QPR Supporters Group' page. That sounds like me, I thought....LFW getting a bit glass half empty, so let's go glass half full with some fellow Rs always looking for silver linings. Here is the first post I read, as a result of which I could only conclude the group name was oxymoronic, ironic or both....or we really are doomed and am the only idiot who can't see it:

As you all know, I have not pulled any punches the last few months, I have disagreed with a few, argued with some and agreed with others.
This was the day we proved that actually we do not belong in this league, it is the day that my tiny faith in Holloway evaporated, and certainly became the day I realised our current players do not belong at our club.
I can take defeat, I can take frustration, I can take the pain, if I saw passion, creativity, pride, and a football understanding. I cannot take the lack of motivation, the uncaring, disillusioning poison that has spread through our team.
In Holloway we have a joker, a media man, who is a fan favourite, but alas has shown he cannot raise his game or that of the players.
I remind you we played ROTHERHAM today, I was actually going to be pi$$ed pre match if we had drawn......the loss I am sorry is unexceptable, and has proven we will get relegated.
Every team that comes to the so called fortress (now made of jelly) just has to remember 'This is the side that lost to Rotherham ' and our home advantage is totally negated.
The players, I can't even discuss, the only thing I would say is that they should be sued under the trades description act, as footballers, and if there was a programme called Cowboy Footballers, those w*nkers would be all over the tv, for taking far too high wages, and fking Joe public ie the fans over week after week after week.......
Imfking livid as you can see,and really not looking for the absolute unbelievable optimistic $hit stirrers that cannot accept the sad truth of who we are, and that's a laughing stock of the football world.......

Well that's one view I suppose!

On a par with Villa fan who posted that if they didn't win an upcoming game (it was 6th or 7th match of the season - something like that) it was "the end of the club"

We love a bit of ott melodrama us fans.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 12:28]
We Are Doomed Thread on 10:59 - Dec 14 with 2716 viewsEsox_Lucius

Welcome to the world of DQPR :-)

The grass is always greener.

We Are Doomed Thread on 11:04 - Dec 14 with 2700 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well that got it off to a flyer for the naysayers
Well done

We Are Doomed Thread on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 2679 viewsheadhoops

any doomed thread should contain this compulsory image

Although not filled with an abundance of optimism I still think there will be 3 clubs between now and the end of the season worse than us.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:17 - Dec 14 with 2615 viewsbosh67

I reckon we can stay up on 23 points!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:19 - Dec 14 with 2610 viewsphilc

Win, lose or draw I am determined not to make a whinging post tonight, because it won't change the result and regardless of my views on how the clubs been managed over the last few months it's time for all the fans to get behind Ollie and the team until he turns it around.
We Are Doomed Thread on 12:21 - Dec 14 with 2603 views2Thomas2Bowles

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:19 - Dec 14 by philc

Win, lose or draw I am determined not to make a whinging post tonight, because it won't change the result and regardless of my views on how the clubs been managed over the last few months it's time for all the fans to get behind Ollie and the team until he turns it around.

Yay there is hope yet

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:29 - Dec 14 with 2584 viewsphilc

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:21 - Dec 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yay there is hope yet

You've won me round. Moaning just made me more miserable
We Are Doomed Thread on 12:38 - Dec 14 with 2567 viewsDorse

We Are Doomed Thread on 12:19 - Dec 14 by philc

I would put myself in the 'Happy Clapper' category. Which is odd because I don't clap and am fairly miserable.

But as low as we get, however dark the night, whatever obstacles we might face, when life seems bereft of hope, at least we aren't Chelsea.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:11 - Dec 14 with 2521 viewsphilc

What made me change my approach was the realisation that part of me had started to want us to lose so that I would be right in my assessment. And if that's the case it really is the time for me to start supporting someone else
We Are Doomed Thread on 13:17 - Dec 14 with 2500 viewsR_from_afar

We Are Doomed Thread on 10:34 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

Well that's one view I suppose!

On a par with Villa fan who posted that if they didn't win an upcoming game (it was 6th or 7th match of the season - something like that) it was "the end of the club"

We love a bit of ott melodrama us fans.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 12:28]

Agreed but it's not just the fans. Recently, a journalist said on TalkSport that Spurs were at rock bottom. His definition of that was that they were out of the Champions League. Honestly...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:29 - Dec 14 with 2484 views1BobbyHazell

I agree with this idea 2Thomas2Bowles, it might stop people coming up with nonsense threads like this - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/157340/when-is-les
We Are Doomed Thread on 13:33 - Dec 14 with 2469 viewsPinnerPaul

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:17 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Agreed but it's not just the fans. Recently, a journalist said on TalkSport that Spurs were at rock bottom. His definition of that was that they were out of the Champions League. Honestly...

RFA

I know what you mean.

Apparently, according the Daily Fail "Bristol City reignited their play off hopes" last night - they are the sum total of 4 points above us!
We Are Doomed Thread on 13:38 - Dec 14 with 2461 views2Thomas2Bowles

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:29 - Dec 14 by 1BobbyHazell

I agree with this idea 2Thomas2Bowles, it might stop people coming up with nonsense threads like this - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/157340/when-is-les

I don't mind you chucking stuff back at me, you may just want to hang on awhile before offering me any cake to eat.

I'm one of those a bit more optimistic dispite the last couple of results that JFH is gone, LF is not off the hook yet, not by a long chalk.

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:40 - Dec 14 with 2454 viewsTacticalR

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:17 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

RFA

It's all about definitions isn't it?

For example, yesterday's post-match discussion on 5 Live Football Daily was entitled 'Mediocrity runs through Arsenal' after an Arsenal fan rang up and used those very words.

I guess with Arsenal we are talking about the very top end of mediocrity. The luxury end.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 13:41]

Air hostess clique

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:49 - Dec 14 with 2433 viewsisawqpratwcity

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:40 - Dec 14 by TacticalR

For example, yesterday's post-match discussion on 5 Live Football Daily was entitled 'Mediocrity runs through Arsenal' after an Arsenal fan rang up and used those very words.

I guess with Arsenal we are talking about the very top end of mediocrity. The luxury end.

I thought we had already proved that money buys you a better class of misery.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

We Are Doomed Thread on 14:05 - Dec 14 with 2409 viewsBluce_Ree

If we lose I might post up something about the curse and the fact King Rob kept yet another clean sheet last night.

You know, just to f**k with y'all.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

We Are Doomed Thread on 14:26 - Dec 14 with 2362 viewsJAPRANGERS

Jeez, if that post is from Facebook's Optimistic QPR group, what the hell is the Pessimistic QPR group like??? Maybe as well get the rope to end it now.....
We Are Doomed Thread on 15:36 - Dec 14 with 2299 views1BobbyHazell

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:38 - Dec 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I don't mind you chucking stuff back at me, you may just want to hang on awhile before offering me any cake to eat.

I'm one of those a bit more optimistic dispite the last couple of results that JFH is gone, LF is not off the hook yet, not by a long chalk.

It's you that's not off the hook yet. Anyone who thinks that Les is a chancer that 'stabbed Harry in the back' is a long way off being someone worth listening to.
We Are Doomed Thread on 15:50 - Dec 14 with 2276 viewsHunterhoop

We Are Doomed Thread on 13:40 - Dec 14 by TacticalR

That's the sort of mediocrity we can only aspire to in our wildest dreams.
We Are Doomed Thread on 15:56 - Dec 14 with 2262 viewsHunterhoop

NGB,

For the love of all that is fun and contains alcohol, don't read much on Facebook about QPR. It makes you question how some people have got through life.

I'm a member of that group for the same reasons you joined, a safe haven for common sense, positive supporters, and I hoped it would displace other "QPR" related posts my news feed throws up.

Sadly, in spite of its name, many joined just to batter the principle of some fans toddling off to be optimistic together. It was as if, optimism itself is wrong in the eyes of some. Better to be negative and proved right.

Anyway, in addition to that, several "optimistic" fans have gradually become pessimistic and downright negative, such as the chap you reference. It's just their patience has lasted an iota longer than those already flouncing about from day 1 of the season.

Even the group's chairman comes across like he doesn't agree with Holloway's appointment, which sort of undermines the principles of the group.

Anyway, that's social media for you. LFW is far better even if it is glass half empty.
We Are Doomed Thread on 16:16 - Dec 14 with 2242 viewsBluce_Ree

We Are Doomed Thread on 14:26 - Dec 14 by JAPRANGERS

Jeez, if that post is from Facebook's Optimistic QPR group, what the hell is the Pessimistic QPR group like??? Maybe as well get the rope to end it now.....

Joking aside, in football terms you may as well.

Look, at best we'll finish midtable. We'll probably take another shoeing this season from Fulham or Brentford or some other shite. In the meantime, Chelsea are going to win the league. Oh and guess what, they don't even care. Their reaction to winning the league will be the same as when you book into a hotel and find a mint on your pillow. Like 'oh, that's nice' or some shit.

In the rest of our lifetimes at best, at very best, we might achieve the occasional brief stay in the top division (where, if we're extremely lucky we won't just eat a massive record breaking bag of dicks) and, if we really excel ourselves, a cup run that lasts more than 2 games (but less than three) and, for sure, we'll never win anything better than promotion. Probably from League 1 to the Championship which by then will be sponsored by We Buy Any Car Dot Com or some c*nts.

So yeah, in football terms, grab the rope. Put on your favourite INXS or Joy Division song and get swinging, son.

But what are you going to do? Support someone good? Nah. F**k that.

YOU RS!!!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024