Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the UK leave the EU? 12:09 - Nov 18 with 6949 viewsGloucs_R

Should the UK leave the EU?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are we staying up?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 12:11 - Nov 18 with 4164 viewsGloucs_R

Just wondering what the general feeling is? The real vote isnt until 2017 and protecting our borders may not be a problem by then.....

Should the UK leave the EU? on 12:20 - Nov 18 with 4141 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:04 - Nov 18 with 4032 viewsrunningman75

I want companies to be able to employ the best workers. Should it make a difference whether they are Polish or South African. The EU is a closed shop and we need a proper visa system for skilled workers but obviously if people are in professions such as medicine we need to encourage those needed who have the correct skills. How do we gain by having Hungarian/ Romanian coffee shop workers apart from those companies who get away with minimum wages.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:05 - Nov 18 with 4021 viewsLblock

How do we gain?

Well some of them are well fit... proper sorts!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:07 - Nov 18 with 4006 viewsjohncharles

It's not going to happen so live with it.

Strong and stable my arse.

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:08 - Nov 18 with 4009 viewsrunningman75

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:05 - Nov 18 by Lblock

How do we gain?

Well some of them are well fit... proper sorts!

I think it was Berlusconi's Italian immigration policy that the attractive ones were allowed in. Have to say costa coffee does help with the flavour of the coffee when there is an attractive eastern European women serving you .
Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:11 - Nov 18 with 3987 viewstoboboly

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:04 - Nov 18 by runningman75

I want companies to be able to employ the best workers. Should it make a difference whether they are Polish or South African. The EU is a closed shop and we need a proper visa system for skilled workers but obviously if people are in professions such as medicine we need to encourage those needed who have the correct skills. How do we gain by having Hungarian/ Romanian coffee shop workers apart from those companies who get away with minimum wages.

How about we train our own? Or is that too novel an idea?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:23 - Nov 18 with 3942 viewsrunningman75

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:11 - Nov 18 by toboboly

How about we train our own? Or is that too novel an idea?

Would be great to train our own workers , though certain industries would probably still need skilled workers.
Login to get fewer ads

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:39 - Nov 18 with 3896 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The referendum question should be do you want to be part of a federal Europe and adopt the EURO. When the answer is a massive NO they can stop their 'more Europe'

Otherwise a vote to stay in will have Quisling's saying we voted for a federal Europe. I guarantee it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:44 - Nov 18 with 3879 viewsDaBurgh

For purely selfish reasons, it's a no from me. As a Yank/Brit and living in France if the UK leaves Europe then I will not have the right to stay here. Unless I marry the girlfriend... no thanks been there and done that, not again.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:01 - Nov 18 with 3841 viewsGloucs_R

Should the UK leave the EU? on 13:44 - Nov 18 by DaBurgh

For purely selfish reasons, it's a no from me. As a Yank/Brit and living in France if the UK leaves Europe then I will not have the right to stay here. Unless I marry the girlfriend... no thanks been there and done that, not again.

I'm not sure anyone will start chucking people out if we leave...

Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:10 - Nov 18 with 3824 viewsDWQPR

I have always classed myself as a euro-sceptic and will always thank the almighty for that small bit of water that separates us from the rest of Europe. However, on this subject I always said that I would be 'open' to both arguments and make a decision on this especially when you find pro and anti-Europeans on both sides of the political spectrum. The problem is that when listening to both arguments they are skewed to such an extent that they become far to emotive and not based on fact. There are many different issues that are emotive with regards to peoples view, some economical, some practical and some are purely xenophobic. For me the overriding decision is based on the economics, what is good for the country as a whole rather than what suits some individuals who are best at getting their message across. And yesterday I attended an investment seminar whereby the content is monitored for compliance reasons and where one of the subjects was Brexit. So what I got was facts, no twists, no turns but facts and based on what I learned as it stands now, I would vote to stay in Europe. But saying that things do have to change and such things as a closer political agenda is not for the UK and that non-Eurozone members should continue to have the same financial rights as those within the Eurozone is a must. The right to determine our own laws is very much a must for the UK. So if Cameron can negotiate these terms then I do believe that we would be better remaining in Europe. And I never thought that I would hear myself saying that.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Should the UK leave the EU? on 14:29 - Nov 18 with 3786 viewsDiscodroids

out out and for the love of god, Out again.

Unfortunately I think we will probably stay in the fcking e.u by a 55% to 45 % margin.

it could be more, if the insane route to letting 16 year olds vote is passed. These children can barely wipe their shit encrusted arseholes with out getting remnants on their cuffs, let alone make an informed choice, living in their TOWIE guilded cages or tweeting charlotte church. Fck them.Very much.

all this bollocks about engaging young people, speak when you're fcking well spoken to you , you idealistic fools. you simply havent earned your stripes in the great dojo of life .Poncing about in a captain mysteron t shirt throwing fireworks at horses .. No one really cares what you have to say, you're being indulged and your too fcking thick to see it you partial meatus fetus.

While im at it, i see some Doctor of philosophy, some non job entity that spends the day supplanting left wing seeds of demonic chaos into young minds before fcking them in some university theatre of hate , calls for EU citizens, living in the Uk to have the right to vote in the referendum . I Must be living on the rings of fcking saturn. if this is allowed, the vote will have less credibility than a rollerball rocko TKO ,tweaking mick macnus ears into genuine submission.

un fcking believable. I think that fcker cameron is going to try to pass it in the lords in the next few weeks as well,so desperate is this incubis demon to stay in The eu.

it matters not anyway, those self righteous high minded sawdust caesers cocooned in the EU tessaract of their own disgusting self importance, will make us vote again and again and again until we stay in.They have a track record for it.

I dont believe a word that Panhandle PM ever utters
he makes me wretch a frothy bile , foul of dame judi dench.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 14:37]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Should the UK leave the EU? on 15:11 - Nov 18 with 3697 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The results on this Poll so far have shocked me!

I thought the free movement of people policy would have turned a lot of people on here against the EU.

My head says stay, my hearts says go.
Should the UK leave the EU? on 15:18 - Nov 18 with 3681 viewslondonscottish

I want the trading block part.

Don't want the Federal bit.

Stay. Just.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 16:12 - Nov 18 with 3601 viewsTonto

given how right wing this forum appears top be, i dont see this as a reasonable indication of how the country will vote...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 16:17 - Nov 18 with 3590 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I guess some kid themselves that the EU is the gateway to a fantastic multi-cultural Europe where we're all one and everything we do, think, eat, drink so on and so forth, is going to be so wonderfully conceived for us and that we're going to be free.

My take, is that the reality is that the New European Order is about getting cheap supply to labour from the east and creating one big homogenized one size fits all market place, where everything is decided for us by a melange of overpaid bureaucrats, doing what Germany wants.

Europe for my well travelled buck, is the best continent on the planet. Culturally we're miles ahead of the rest of the world. We have and have had, some of the most gifted people known and, of crucial importance, the most incredible diversity. The monster that is the EU, works to break that down.

You cannot ignore the real force behind the EU, Germany. I was once talking to an EU official who worked on the succession process of an eastern European country. Seemingly, the initial findings and report advised caution and for a delay in this country joining because, they were no way near ready. By the time the report had been 'considered' in Berlin, the application proceeded unhindered and Germany gets another friend to suck up to her.

If you have ever dealt with the EU, then you will know what a huge cost it exacts to do basic things. Frightening what waste there is throughout that organisation.

Like some have said above, we all have much to gain from closer ties within Europe. No doubt about it and as a nation, we all seem on message with that. But the way the EU has reacted to 'no' votes on its constitution, the way national laws and development plans are going to be ever more weakened to comply not just with the EU, but the odious TTIP and ISDS will see an ever more authoritarian EU clamping down on what Europeans know and love, because Brussels has decided its illegal.

The in/out vote to be truly valid, needs the full ramifications of either vote to be known. It also needs us to know what the EU plans for the future. Look what we joined in 1973 and what we have now and ask, what will we have tomorrow?

The mess that several EU economies have been in, the Euro itself and a lack of cohesive policies on immigration, fishing etc. shows me that the functioning of the EU is somewhat lacking shall we say and I am not convinced it will ever rise to the challenge of overseeing such a diverse and complex continent like Europe!

If we do vote out, then you can expect the EU to seek revenge. They will make it harder for UK companies to trade and you'll see trading barriers put up for sure.

I don't believe the majority of Brits are anti-European, far from. If anything, we're raising more than justifiable concerns about federalism through to querying how this will all pan out. Thing is, so are many Europeans asking the same questions, but none of them are elected officials.

I will vote 'No' because I do not believe the EU as is or, as it may become, is the best vehicle to run Europe and thus, the UK. I know he is not everyone's cup of darjeeling, but I have to agree with one of Farage's comments; the EU does nothing that a few well structured trade agreements would not achieve.

Vive la différence!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Should the UK leave the EU? on 16:48 - Nov 18 with 3541 viewsTrance_Trousers

Fcuk the EU and all who sail in her.

VOTE OUT

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:02 - Nov 18 with 3511 viewsGloucs_R

The SNP wants independence.....The SNP wants to stay in the EU....work that one out!

75% of UK laws are made by the EU, thats pretty shocking.

Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:07 - Nov 18 with 3502 viewsRs_Holy

I'm totally split on this one as I think we need skilled labour from the continent but dont need governing from Brussels.
I have many friends who are shocked that I could even think of Britain leaving the EU but then I ask them this question...
"Do you think its a good thing that Britain retained the Pound"??? ... None of them say no!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 12:16]
Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:11 - Nov 18 with 3492 viewsvblockranger

Out Out Out as soon as possible
Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:17 - Nov 18 with 3470 viewsQPR1882

Answer to op.......YES
Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:43 - Nov 18 with 3404 viewsTrance_Trousers

"I'm totally split on this one as I think we need skilled labour from the continent"

That`s what were get. But we wont get Europe`s scum, including convicted murderer`s, rapists and nonce`s. We have enough of our own to be honest.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Should the UK leave the EU? on 18:13 - Nov 18 with 3350 viewsJigsore

Should the UK leave the EU? on 17:02 - Nov 18 by Gloucs_R

The SNP wants independence.....The SNP wants to stay in the EU....work that one out!

75% of UK laws are made by the EU, thats pretty shocking.

that figure is a UKIP claim that's very disingenuous

http://eureferendum.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/are-75-of-our-laws-made-in-brussels.h

most EU laws that we observe are a) pretty much common sense e.g the Dangerous Dogs act mentioned in the link b) ones that don't make the slightest bit of difference to us (unless we're going to try flog our sparkling wine under the name Champagne) and c) trade quality and standards laws that every country who trades with the EU has to fulfil

i mean Nick Clegg's 7% claim is pretty much b*llocks as well so him and Good Ol' Nigeâ„¢ are guilty as each other. the real figure is somewhere in the middle

ugh can you imagine if we lost all those worker rights and the Tories stuck us on the American work model

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Should the UK leave the EU? on 18:14 - Nov 18 with 1829 viewsJuzzie

I say out. But I need to know when so I can flog my flat just before house prices plummet due to the drop in demand for property, rented or bought.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024