Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren farm kaput 20:15 - Sep 8 with 14719 viewsHayesender

I don't do itk stuff, but I can tell yous all 99.9% the plug has been well and truly pulled on this one

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warren farm kaput on 20:21 - Sep 8 with 6727 viewsClive_Anderson

Balls. Any idea why?
Warren farm kaput on 20:21 - Sep 8 with 6727 viewsLblock

Not more Bungle bullshizen surely?!?!?

It's no wonder he loved Candle Face. Pair of charlatans

So pray tell why has it been dropped?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren farm kaput on 20:31 - Sep 8 with 6673 viewsHayesender

I don't know the ins and outs, and I don't wanna start naming names etc, but straight from someone who works quite high up at the club, it ain't happening.

No real surprise to me tbh. I'm sure uncle tone will tweet some bollox or other soon enough

Warren farm kaput on 21:19 - Sep 8 with 6390 viewsWilloW4

Warren farm kaput on 20:31 - Sep 8 by Hayesender

I don't know the ins and outs, and I don't wanna start naming names etc, but straight from someone who works quite high up at the club, it ain't happening.

No real surprise to me tbh. I'm sure uncle tone will tweet some bollox or other soon enough

Indeed he( TF) will.. And it will more old bollox..
Warren farm kaput on 21:21 - Sep 8 with 6375 viewsGloryHunter

No surprise. New training ground, new stadium, all pie-in-the-sky. "Uncle Tony" couldn't possibly be a fraud, could he? Let's all chant his name on Saturday and pretend he's for real.
Warren farm kaput on 21:31 - Sep 8 with 6335 viewsJuzzie

I don't think he's a fraud. If he is he's not a good one being £tens million in debt.

I think hes just done it all wrong. Rather than paying dozens of awful players £millons he could have got the infrastructure in place first. Too much desperation to be in the Prem. Southampton and Swansea have proved it didnt have to be done that way.

I'm sure the reasons will be financial, too much debt, not in the PL, lets stay at/maybe develop Harlington etc etc
Warren farm kaput on 21:42 - Sep 8 with 6279 viewsNorthernr

Wouldn't be a great surprise, more hollow words.
Warren farm kaput on 21:42 - Sep 8 with 6260 viewsJamie

With the kindest will in the world, anyone with so much as a passing interest in what happened at Caterham knew long ago that WF & OOC were never happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Warren farm kaput on 21:43 - Sep 8 with 6246 viewsbosh67

I think it's all politics. Shame that could have kick started that part of the redevelopment of the club at youth level but it would make more sense to find another location or talk to Harlington and gain a lease that allows us to develop that.

I don't think we'll be leaving Loftus Road anytime soon either. Which is good news really. Can never understand why we don't just look at redeveloping the stands at Loftus Road to cope with 23K+. It is very doable. Especially as the pitch is now only about 30 yards long!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warren farm kaput on 22:16 - Sep 8 with 6082 viewsbarbicanranger

I guess this is the problem with being a London club. It's easy to say swansea and soton have done it, so have loads of other clubs - even where I grew up near Crewe they had an excellent training facility but there is plenty of cheap land.

Seems like there was a hell of a lot of resistance to WF from the natives as well.

What are the alternatives now - based the administrative and training side of the club way out of west of London...
Warren farm kaput on 23:12 - Sep 8 with 5862 viewsPunteR

I was resigned to the fact it wasn't gonna happen anyway.

Ingham has always said we should get it right on the pitch first before new a training ground ,stadium etc. Well it looks like that's what we're trying to do, i'll go along with that.
I never used too,i thought the new training facilities were vital for us to improve ,but it aint gonna happen,not on Tony Fernandes' watch.
The guy is a massive let down. He shouldn't be putting up all these concept drawings and designs of new facilities when he has nothing in place to follow it up with.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren farm kaput on 23:30 - Sep 8 with 5811 viewsdaveB

be interesting to find out if this is true and if so why the plug has been pulled. I think our own improved training facilities would help but when you see the top class facilities at some clubs and the lack of any players coming through you do wonder if it's worth it.
Warren farm kaput on 23:34 - Sep 8 with 5789 viewsessextaxiboy

Warren farm kaput on 20:31 - Sep 8 by Hayesender

Didnt you start a thread about a month ago saying we had agreed a 200 year lease and had the go ahead ?

Oh and the one about the grossly inflated ST prices that never was back in May .

Not having a go just just suggesting that your "contact" may be out of the loop a bit ?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 23:39]
Warren farm kaput on 23:41 - Sep 8 with 5763 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am not doubting the OP at all but some of the responses are a bit wide of the mark. Anyone with knowledge of the planning system and the costs involved would find it strange indeed that we would have done all this for a sound bite. The reality is probably the local residents tenacious resistance has won through unfortunately.
Warren farm kaput on 23:54 - Sep 8 with 5735 viewsPunteR

Warren farm kaput on 23:41 - Sep 8 by CroydonCaptJack

I am not doubting the OP at all but some of the responses are a bit wide of the mark. Anyone with knowledge of the planning system and the costs involved would find it strange indeed that we would have done all this for a sound bite. The reality is probably the local residents tenacious resistance has won through unfortunately.

I honestly think TF wasn't fully committed from the start. He openly admits to learning as they are going along and that they've made mistakes etc etc..basically winging it.

For me he doesn't really know what he's doing with our club.

Warren farm kaput on 23:57 - Sep 8 with 5728 viewsdaveB

Warren farm kaput on 23:54 - Sep 8 by PunteR

I honestly think TF wasn't fully committed from the start. He openly admits to learning as they are going along and that they've made mistakes etc etc..basically winging it.

For me he doesn't really know what he's doing with our club.

would agree he doesn't know what he;s doing but he's been fully committed, you only have to see what he's spent to see that.

He's not running the show anymore anyway so any decision made on this hasn't been done by him
Warren farm kaput on 00:12 - Sep 9 with 5701 viewsPunteR

Warren farm kaput on 23:57 - Sep 8 by daveB

would agree he doesn't know what he;s doing but he's been fully committed, you only have to see what he's spent to see that.

He's not running the show anymore anyway so any decision made on this hasn't been done by him

Sorry meant fully committed on WF.
Yes you cant knock him for not throwing money at the club ,he's backed his managers financially but that is all he can contribute to the club. He has no idea or vision for the club for the future. If he did he might not of spunked all the money so soon on crap football players.

Warren farm kaput on 01:42 - Sep 9 with 5610 viewskensalriser

Costs are being chopped in every other department so why not here?

Still have a hunch that they're preparing for an exit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warren farm kaput on 03:30 - Sep 9 with 5556 viewsDylanP

We got relegated and are 100 million in debt. Of course it isn't happening. There aren't just money trees waiting around to be harvested. If we had stayed in the Prem for 3-4 years and had some stability, etc, the cash could have been found; banks would happily lend to an organization with 50 million in TV cash every year. But there isn't a bank on earth that'd lend to a Championship team to develop a training facility, and the 100 million in debt means that self financing isn't going to happen. Having said that, if we go up and manage a bit of stability up there, everything will look different.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Warren farm kaput on 03:44 - Sep 9 with 5545 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren farm kaput on 01:42 - Sep 9 by kensalriser

Costs are being chopped in every other department so why not here?

Still have a hunch that they're preparing for an exit.

I was wondering about that too, reading an article on Lee hoos a while back and it struck me that he seemed to be at a lot of clubs which were taken over whilst he was there. Wonder whether he's here to get the house in order to make the club look attractive to buyers.
Warren farm kaput on 05:21 - Sep 9 with 5501 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cap'n Titanic has been an unmitigated disaster. I wouldn't let him run me a bath much less our football club.

Overly naive with an ego that meant instead of realising he was not the man for the job, he just carried on thinking football was something that would work itself out if you kept throwing money at it.

Since January, I understand Rubin is calling the shots and frankly, we've looked a damn sight more respectable without Fernandes ballsing it up.

I have read some reports that all is not well with AirAsia and so he is having to focus on that. I have long since felt that he will exit under the guise of 'to concentrate on other business interests'.

Someone mentioned above, they had a hunch that the owners are looking for a way out. I heard a rumour and no, lets not all go down the ITK route, that certain individuals had lost patience with the Cap'n and QPR, and had made it known they would not back the OOC development.

No offence, and I appreciate some still have faith in Cap'n Titanic, but for me, the man is and has been a disaster for this club. I wish him no ill will, but equally, I won't cry when we're finally rid of the man!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warren farm kaput on 07:40 - Sep 9 with 5347 viewsHayesender

Warren farm kaput on 23:34 - Sep 8 by essextaxiboy

Didnt you start a thread about a month ago saying we had agreed a 200 year lease and had the go ahead ?

Oh and the one about the grossly inflated ST prices that never was back in May .

Not having a go just just suggesting that your "contact" may be out of the loop a bit ?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 23:39]

I don't have a contact at the club mate.

The 200 year lease thing was regarding an email I had from the club which I copied and pasted for you all to read for yourself, and the season ticket price thing was just rumour bollox that I shared on here.

This Warren farm update though is straight form the horses mouth.

Warren farm kaput on 07:51 - Sep 9 with 5309 viewsFDC

straight form the horses mouth

As in from Fernandes and Gnanalingam?

Or from an actual horse?
Warren farm kaput on 07:52 - Sep 9 with 5303 viewsJamie

Warren farm kaput on 23:57 - Sep 8 by daveB

Except 'he' hadn't spent anything Dave...
Warren farm kaput on 08:19 - Sep 9 with 5220 viewsconnell10

Just read that our youth team are gonna share the superdome covered pitch at cranford , with the local school.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024