Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. 12:24 - Jul 2 with 4071 viewsW5R

As I read it and I could be wrong we were complying with NEW rules, new rules that didn't happen and WE / Nike didn't change the kits in time. ) Obviously other clubs did seeing what's been launched thus far) Begs a question of can we see what was submitted and allegedly rejected (if at all) That's how I read it but I could be wrong...

At our 2014 summer AGM our clubs agreed that a Rule should be drafted to make shirt numbers more visible. This followed complaints that numbers on some shirts were unclear. Time was then taken to establish guidelines, and we understand that QPR’s kit designs for 2015/16 were finalised and in production during this period.

Ultimately, once the guidelines were established, clubs decided against the Rule at a later point in the 2014/15 season. Work is continuing to research and develop further options for our clubs to consider.

I hope this helps to explain the position.

Kind regards

Tommy
Supporter Services
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 12:27]
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:28 - Jul 2 with 3584 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

If true then it shows our club was not only out of touch with the fans but also the premier league. I also cannot believe that a manufacturing behemoth such as NIKE needs such lead time to design and manufacture kits, we arent Man Utd/Liverpool/Barca/Madrid - how many actual shirts do we sell and stock? Im sure its not that many.
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:34 - Jul 2 with 3527 viewsdaveB

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:28 - Jul 2 by Pablo_Hoopsta

If true then it shows our club was not only out of touch with the fans but also the premier league. I also cannot believe that a manufacturing behemoth such as NIKE needs such lead time to design and manufacture kits, we arent Man Utd/Liverpool/Barca/Madrid - how many actual shirts do we sell and stock? Im sure its not that many.

That blows the whole blame the premier league argument out of the water
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:37 - Jul 2 with 3509 viewsW5R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:28 - Jul 2 by Pablo_Hoopsta

It certainly shows that the club knew for a long time that we were going to lose the hoops.

Although it turned out that we never needed to.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 12:38]
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 3489 viewstoboboly

I presume you will let Taylor know so he can refute it with more lies? So QPR are actually just shit at designing kits for their customers (face it, we aren't viewed as supporters).

It then comes down to simple supply and demand. I won't buy one, I will instead get a nice retro one from these people;

https://twitter.com/retr0shirthaven?lang=en-gb

And would urge others to do the same if they are so inclined.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:39 - Jul 2 with 3475 viewssuperhoopdownunder

we should be able to produce a new shirt and distribute it in a month these days
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:39 - Jul 2 with 3468 viewsMatch82

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:34 - Jul 2 by daveB

That blows the whole blame the premier league argument out of the water

Yes and no.
It shows that it was indeed the original source of the decision (i.e. they didn't ignore the fans), but makes it very clear that it's the e clubs fault -either bybnot being quick enough to make changes or agreeing to a contract with draconian lead times on manufacturing in the first place.

Essentially, incompetence, not unwillingness to listen (not sure which is worse)

But Nike are coming out of this like cnts. In a 4 year contract (?) Qpr weren't able to design the shirt they wanted for the first 2 years. Unacceptable.
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:45 - Jul 2 with 3415 viewsGloucs_R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:38 - Jul 2 by toboboly

I presume you will let Taylor know so he can refute it with more lies? So QPR are actually just shit at designing kits for their customers (face it, we aren't viewed as supporters).

It then comes down to simple supply and demand. I won't buy one, I will instead get a nice retro one from these people;

Sad to think that two of those players have passe away. RIP.

Poll: Are we staying up?

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:47 - Jul 2 with 3406 viewsW5R

One thing that gets me.

IF the club had gone "f'ing hell supporters we may lose the hoops!" rather than keeping schtum..well..oh i dunno. I never know what to believe anymore, especially from our club. It's just all spin, utter BS and broken promises. Over and over and over again.

As someone, might have been Northern??? said on the QPR Pod "It's the hope that kills you"
Login to get fewer ads

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:52 - Jul 2 with 3355 viewsloftboy

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:38 - Jul 2 by toboboly

Here their website and a fiver cheaper than the new shirt with free p+p

http://www.retroshirthaven.com/queens-park-rangers-1985-86-home-shirt-qpr

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:56 - Jul 2 with 3318 viewsdoogi55

this is simple dont but the new shirt they would soon get the message
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:04 - Jul 2 with 3111 viewsWeaverQPR

Whatever fernandes says expect the opposite. New ground Warren farm kits badges etc

@WeavQPR

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 3074 viewsHOOPNO7

I have just had it confirmed from a Rep who works for Nike that all of QPR's kit for next season is the off the shelf Precision III or uses the template. The back of the shirt will never have hoops on it as the material is only ever one colour. It would have cost too much to change the material used just to put hops on the back panel . This has nothing to do with the non existent Premier League Rule but more to do with cost & the fact that we are not seen by Nike as a primary club such as Barcelona who get a bespoke kit.
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:23 - Jul 2 with 3039 viewstoboboly

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 12:52 - Jul 2 by loftboy

Here their website and a fiver cheaper than the new shirt with free p+p

http://www.retroshirthaven.com/queens-park-rangers-1985-86-home-shirt-qpr

Should be released mid-July apparently. Gonna get one. Hope you all do too.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:26 - Jul 2 with 3031 viewsGetMeRangers

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:15 - Jul 2 by HOOPNO7

I have just had it confirmed from a Rep who works for Nike that all of QPR's kit for next season is the off the shelf Precision III or uses the template. The back of the shirt will never have hoops on it as the material is only ever one colour. It would have cost too much to change the material used just to put hops on the back panel . This has nothing to do with the non existent Premier League Rule but more to do with cost & the fact that we are not seen by Nike as a primary club such as Barcelona who get a bespoke kit.

Just unbelievable.... So this is Nike's fault after all and the boards for signing up with Nike

3 more years of pain then :(
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 15:05 - Jul 2 with 2944 viewsW5R

I followed up with a thank you.

Got this...

"Any major changes to Premier League Rules require the consensus approval of our member clubs, and are ultimately agreed at scheduled shareholder meetings. It’s not really for me to comment on QPR’s kit selections, which of course are a matter for the club"
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 16:16 - Jul 2 with 2782 viewsLythamR

I got pretty much the same email this morning from the PL

I have replied asking for specifics on dates and the draft rule but its clear that at the time of the kits submission there were no rules in place stopping us from having hoops, whatever the exact rules were that were REJECTED by the clubs these were laid down after the submission

So by any measure that i understand there was no reason as far as the PL were concerned that stopped us having hooped shirts. QPR and Nike between them simply appear to have agreed on a design with a plain back.

Hugely disappointed with the club over this and screw Nike I wont be buying any replica shirts from them unless they produce one with hoops that go all the way round
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 16:38 - Jul 2 with 2730 viewsW5R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 16:16 - Jul 2 by LythamR

I got pretty much the same email this morning from the PL

I have replied asking for specifics on dates and the draft rule but its clear that at the time of the kits submission there were no rules in place stopping us from having hoops, whatever the exact rules were that were REJECTED by the clubs these were laid down after the submission

So by any measure that i understand there was no reason as far as the PL were concerned that stopped us having hooped shirts. QPR and Nike between them simply appear to have agreed on a design with a plain back.

Hugely disappointed with the club over this and screw Nike I wont be buying any replica shirts from them unless they produce one with hoops that go all the way round

I was hoping fellow fans would have also contacted them.
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 16:54 - Jul 2 with 2712 viewswhittocksRs

While Ian Taylor et al do a great job of PRing QPR they can only work with whatever tombola pick Fernandes and his team happen on when pressured to justify their consistently bad management of the club. Why would we be the only club to comply with these non-existent rules while everyone else waited and then moved on? It's just poor, poor judgement from the top.
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:09 - Jul 2 with 2684 viewsdaveB

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 16:54 - Jul 2 by whittocksRs

While Ian Taylor et al do a great job of PRing QPR they can only work with whatever tombola pick Fernandes and his team happen on when pressured to justify their consistently bad management of the club. Why would we be the only club to comply with these non-existent rules while everyone else waited and then moved on? It's just poor, poor judgement from the top.

I don't think Ian Taylor should be blamed at all, this comes from the CEO and the Chairmen who need to do a lot more
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:23 - Jul 2 with 2653 viewsGloucs_R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 14:15 - Jul 2 by HOOPNO7

This is precision III

So not hooped.

The hoop range is called the Nike Hoop III and is what we wore last year. Wouldnt surprise me to see the Nike Hoop IV range being identical to what we have minus the red collars and piping.

Think it is safe to say that we do not have a team of designers working with us to design our shirts. More BS propaganda by the club.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:27]

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:29 - Jul 2 with 2627 viewsGloucs_R

Nike Hoop 2 range:

Nike Hoop 3 range

I think we'll see a pattern here

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:32 - Jul 2 with 2622 viewsW5R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:23 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

This is precision III

So not hooped.

The hoop range is called the Nike Hoop III and is what we wore last year. Wouldnt surprise me to see the Nike Hoop IV range being identical to what we have minus the red collars and piping.

Think it is safe to say that we do not have a team of designers working with us to design our shirts. More BS propaganda by the club.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:27]

Oh yeah I forgot we had "Nikes entire team that were at Arsenal working on it" (or words similar)

Plus this

Chief executive Philip Beard added: “Nike’s unparalleled research and development capacity, leading global retail distribution networks and award winning marketing capabilities mean that this is a very important step forward in the evolution of the club."
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:44 - Jul 2 with 2583 viewsGloucs_R

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:32 - Jul 2 by W5R

Oh yeah I forgot we had "Nikes entire team that were at Arsenal working on it" (or words similar)

Plus this

Chief executive Philip Beard added: “Nike’s unparalleled research and development capacity, leading global retail distribution networks and award winning marketing capabilities mean that this is a very important step forward in the evolution of the club."

Yes, that was the quote I was thinking of Scott.

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:44 - Jul 2 with 2583 viewsGetMeRangers

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:09 - Jul 2 by daveB

I don't think Ian Taylor should be blamed at all, this comes from the CEO and the Chairmen who need to do a lot more

Everyone likes a scape goat at QPR... he is the latest. I think they do a great job with what they have. Feel sorry that he gets dog ends abuse from some when he is only the messenger
I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 21:48 - Jul 2 with 2409 viewsSomersetHoops

I just got an email from the Premier League re Kits. on 17:44 - Jul 2 by GetMeRangers

Everyone likes a scape goat at QPR... he is the latest. I think they do a great job with what they have. Feel sorry that he gets dog ends abuse from some when he is only the messenger

I don't see the point of abusing Ian Taylor, but he sometimes has the job of justifying the unjustifiable and sometimes the necessary BS to do that understandably winds some people up.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024