Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mini-league at the bottom 19:01 - Oct 28 with 1290 viewskropotkin41

Is it too early to see it this way? I've been looking at it and imagining a mini-league of 5 or of 6. I suppose a mini-league of 6 would be better for us (more teams that might go on a slide). I suppose it might be as simple as being the bottom 5 as it stands now or very optimistically everyone from WBA down, or pessimistically just Palace and the 3 promoted teams.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mini-league at the bottom on 20:30 - Oct 28 with 1203 viewsdavman

On last nights showing and recent form you HAVE to include Villa in the list of candidates. WBA won't be miles away from it, so the bottom 3, PalARSE, Leicester and those two I reckon...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mini-league at the bottom on 20:34 - Oct 28 with 1195 viewsbosh67

The league for us is Stoke downwards as it stands. Safe to say that anyone from Stoke to Burnley will be fighting for survival at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mini-league at the bottom on 20:37 - Oct 28 with 1188 viewsGetMeRangers

Sunderland are on cracking form too, and wouldnt put it past Newcastle, without Remy, to self implode.
Mini-league at the bottom on 20:47 - Oct 28 with 1168 viewsHayesender

Burnley will go down, and then it's two from us, villa, palace, Sunderland and Leicester imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mini-league at the bottom on 20:50 - Oct 28 with 1157 viewsTacticalR

If the mini-league is 6 teams, that means a 50% relegation rate.

Air hostess clique

Mini-league at the bottom on 21:05 - Oct 28 with 1132 viewsMatch82

Mini-league at the bottom on 20:50 - Oct 28 by TacticalR

If the mini-league is 6 teams, that means a 50% relegation rate.

If you had asked me before the Liverpool game, I would have bitten your hand off for a 50% chance of survival.

I've seen enough since then to be more encouraged, but massively long way to go before I'm fully confident we'll stay up.
Mini-league at the bottom on 21:11 - Oct 28 with 1126 viewsqueensparker

It definitely is, and it's massively important that we win those games against our mini-league. Doing well so far as well, two wins out of two against Villa and Sunderland.

Worth remembering if/when we get heavily dicked by Chelsea and City and this boards back in full-on anti-Arry meltdown.
Mini-league at the bottom on 21:57 - Oct 28 with 1073 viewsFredManRave

The only team in the bottom half at the moment that won't be in the dogfight with us is Spurs. I think it's not too far fetched to suggest that West Ham, Swansea and Hull from the top half could still quite easily find themselves in the battle with us. Unfortunately there's only really one team that will consistently take points off the rest this season so I really don't see there being a big points difference from 4th down this season. So a good or bad run can have massive implications. We just need to get on our good one soon...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Mini-league at the bottom on 01:20 - Oct 29 with 988 viewsRangersAreBack

My only fear was being cut adrift from the pack early like 2 seasons ago. Beating Villa was huge in terms of staying in touch and bringing Villa into the equation. With a little luck the gap won't widen over the next 2 games, then we can propel ourselves up the table.
Mini-league at the bottom on 15:33 - Oct 29 with 850 viewsrunningman75

I would say it was anyone from Hull down. They were not that great at Loftus Road but we showed our usual first game of the season form at the time.
Mini-league at the bottom on 15:46 - Oct 29 with 828 viewsTheBlob

R's were the only member of the mini league to win at the weekend.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mini-league at the bottom on 09:11 - Oct 30 with 682 viewseasthertsr

I'm trying to look at this unbiased (impossible I know!). But I would say Burnley, Sunderland, Leicester, WBA, Palace, Villa and possibly Hull all have worse SQUADS than us. Important when injuries and suspensions really kick in, my three for the drop are Burnley, Palace and Sunderland fingers crossed!
Mini-league at the bottom on 11:05 - Oct 30 with 631 viewsGetMeRangers

Mini-league at the bottom on 09:11 - Oct 30 by easthertsr

I'm trying to look at this unbiased (impossible I know!). But I would say Burnley, Sunderland, Leicester, WBA, Palace, Villa and possibly Hull all have worse SQUADS than us. Important when injuries and suspensions really kick in, my three for the drop are Burnley, Palace and Sunderland fingers crossed!

If you are allowed to cross your fingers then surely the loathsome Paul Lambert and his Villa would be more preferable to Palace. With some perverse fondness for NW, I quite want them to succeed, as long as it isnt at our expense
Mini-league at the bottom on 11:32 - Oct 30 with 604 viewsTonto

No its not too early to think this way. it has always been thus in the seriously monied vs the monied vs the newbies way of the Premiershite.

There are 3 mini leagues.

Those that make it into the "Champions" League, plus one maybe two others that think they should be there, but will end up in the Euro league

The "been in the Premiershit for a while but no chance of making the Champions league" league

and the "trying desperately to avoid relegation" league.

there is the occasional promotion/relegation between the leagues as well as the real relegation back to the Championship.

yes we are in the bottom league. It currently consists of the 3 teams that came up, plus Palace, Sunderland, West Brom and Villa.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Mini-league at the bottom on 12:09 - Oct 30 with 591 viewsrsonist

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool
Everton, Tottenham
West Ham, Southampton
Swansea, Hull
Stoke, Newcastle
West Brom, Villa, Palace, Leicester, Sunderland, QPR, Burnley

Stoke, Newcastle may have bad spells or just be plain rubbish but are unlikely to spiral out of control long enough to be at serious risk this season unfortunately.
Mini-league at the bottom on 12:16 - Oct 30 with 582 viewswhittocksRs

Anyone from 11 down can still be relegated.
Mini-league at the bottom on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 575 viewsHunterhoop

Mini-league at the bottom on 12:09 - Oct 30 by rsonist

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool
Everton, Tottenham
West Ham, Southampton
Swansea, Hull
Stoke, Newcastle
West Brom, Villa, Palace, Leicester, Sunderland, QPR, Burnley

Stoke, Newcastle may have bad spells or just be plain rubbish but are unlikely to spiral out of control long enough to be at serious risk this season unfortunately.

Like that.

You could arguably combine Everton & Spurs with Wet Spam and S'oton, the way things are going. Equally Swans and Hull with Stoke and Newcastle. But it's good logic.

If you accept it, it's basically 3 from 7 will go down.

I think it's highly likely Burnley will be 1. So it's 2 from 6. It could be any 2!

Our games against Leicester and Burnley are massive. Win those and we'll have won against 4 of those 6 already, in what are effectively 6 point swing games.
Mini-league at the bottom on 12:37 - Oct 30 with 568 viewskensalriser

It's the big 7 and the rest, and any of the rest could go down in any season.

This season you'd have to say S'hampton, W Ham and probably Swansea have shown enough to suggest they're safe, I wouldn't say anyone else is.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mini-league at the bottom on 13:31 - Oct 30 with 539 viewsPinnerPaul

Mini-league at the bottom on 21:05 - Oct 28 by Match82

If you had asked me before the Liverpool game, I would have bitten your hand off for a 50% chance of survival.

I've seen enough since then to be more encouraged, but massively long way to go before I'm fully confident we'll stay up.

Bookies almost agree

With Paddy Power we're now 10/11 to go down and 4/5 to stay up

We're never be evens in both markets because of bookie margin that is built in to odds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024