Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? 00:52 - Jun 3 with 3868 viewsqueensparker

Because that seems to be the stereotype judging by that Swansea thread and the crap I'm hearing from the Sky watching masses.

Seriously? Every QPR fan I know has been through the mill pretty much constantly since the mid 90s: relegation, admin, relegation, truly dire circumstances, being a deserved and well documented laughing stock through the Four Year Plan Film, then watching through our fingers with the rest of the world as Hughes spunked millions on gash after we finally got it right and finally -at the death - seeing Bosingwa giggle as we went down

We've stood by this club through thick and thin, attended games even in our darkest hour, thrown money in buckets, bought players out of our own pockets, and slagged off our own owners when they deserved it (which IMO Fernandes doesn't)

QPR fans are realists, piss-taking cynics who've seen it all and expect the worst but still hope for the best. Which we finally got at f__king Wembley, and we definitely bloody earned it. Arrogant we ain't!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 2:25]
Has anyone actually met an on 01:43 - Jun 3 with 3034 viewsBrightonhoop

No. In a word. We've been to hell and back. Years back when the Club was on it's knees and Brentfart mugged us off cancelling a pre-season I pulled what strings I could to arrange a pre-season with Albion and it was, to my suprise, from BHA's side, on. Waddock had a QPR x11 line up against Lewes instead. That's how bad things got, all hands to the deck of a sinking ship that was QPR.
Frankly I couldn't give a fck who thinks what. We got lucky, TF got mugged off by Hughes and that cnt of an agent and nearly sunk us, TF has learned and forwards we go. I would prefer any new ground 'belonged' to QPR as it is all we have ever had to trade with, a few sound signings aside. Arrogance isn't in our dna, best left to the scummers down the road and as far removed from QPR as it can ever be. People view us as west London and have no understanding how QPR are the antithesis of Chelscum. And will never comprehend the difference. It's like a small slice of heaven that only we, the chosen few, comprehend. No-one followes QPR for the glory.

Others perceptions driven by a hostile media are, and should be, no concern. Stupid is what stupid does. Fck em.
It's a beautiful Club and always will be. We're not designed for mass appeal like Utd or the scum, Foolham showed us, stick to your roots, there's no neutral stands at HQ. We are a class act, always have been, always will be. What others think? Is completely immaterial and for me of no consequence. The media have already started to catch up, Mail sadly, coming to our defence and lauding up Arry but we dont we dont need scum and we don't do arrogance. Some how we survived the ABC debacle, remember 10% on £10 mil that was killing us? None of the wnkers calling us arrogant because we now have money have a scooby fcking doo so fck em. We have to look to season 2. And become a Prem Club. We have little experience and nothing is given, it has to be earned, and I think TF this time around has learned. I never thought I'd see QPR survive let alone reach the Prem in my lifetime again so I genuinely could not give a fck what the papers or weapons elsewhere have to say. 40 years supporting this fcking Club, the one thing we are not is arrogant. It's as ignorant as calling Cardiff Swansea, or Newcastle Sunderland.
I'll tell you what, they wont like it up 'em. And we'll do it with class, not arrogance. It's not in the dna. :-) We're a Prem Club wearing catalogue Hoops for fcks sake. Arrogance would have been dictating terms to Nike. We're still plucky QPR. Let's do the talking on the pitch. Fck 'em all. Ignorance is a far worse trait than arrogance.
For me Swansea Town was transformed by Thatcher and they sucked her cck. Fact. And it's still a toilet. Their only saving grace is that they are not Cardiff. ffs.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 1:53]
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 07:08 - Jun 3 with 2917 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Erm, no quite frankly, those of us old enough to have seen all the absolute garbage this club has had to endure over the last eighteen years can't be arrogant. Thompson's asset stripping, buckets outside the ground, the ABC loan.
But I guess the media need a villain and unfortunately we fit the bill for them. So fark'em all I say!
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 08:38 - Jun 3 with 2782 viewssaxbend

Not sure if I've ever seen any on here but anyone who says "We should be beating X and Y easily" or "such and such is lazy/past it/not good enough for the prem" when they've just helped us win promotion sounds pretty arrogant to me.
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 08:39 - Jun 3 with 2777 viewsShotKneesHoop

QPR imitates life. Nothing is certain.

Just when you think you're there - there's a last minute own goal.

Just when you think you're stuffed - someone converts the one chance on goal.

Nothing guaranteed - apart from chaos and cock ups.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

It's why we are what we are - and not the Arse, Chelscum or Manure.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 08:49 - Jun 3 with 2750 viewskropotkin41

What have we got to be arrogant about? Even when good things happen to us most of us can't believe it or are busy looking around to see what disaster, scandal or cock-up is going to come along hard on its heels.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 08:52 - Jun 3 with 2740 viewsBlackCrowe

Never met an arrogant QPR fan as yet. That only comes with success and that's been in short supply for a few decades. It's just the typical inverted snobbery/chip on shoulder of a few mentally-tainted Jacks. Most Jacks seem to be good people though IMO.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:11 - Jun 3 with 2710 viewsBromleyHoop

The reason that many people will profess to hate QPR and call us arrogant is simply because we're better than them.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 2654 viewsTacticalR

I am umble sir. Very umble.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:52 - Jun 3 with 2649 viewsShotKneesHoop

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:11 - Jun 3 by BromleyHoop

The reason that many people will profess to hate QPR and call us arrogant is simply because we're better than them.

Not better - just different.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:53 - Jun 3 with 2647 viewsdanehoop

Some are very different....

Never knowingly understood

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:57 - Jun 3 with 2629 viewsBromleyHoop

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:52 - Jun 3 by ShotKneesHoop

Not better - just different.

Some are better at irony than others!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:57 - Jun 3 with 2624 viewsTHEBUSH

Arrogant, no, we maybe many other things, but not arrogant
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:57 - Jun 3 with 2623 viewsTacticalR

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 09:53 - Jun 3 by danehoop

Some are very different....

Some are more different than others.

Air hostess clique

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 10:06 - Jun 3 with 2600 viewsHantsR

I'm sure that there are lots of long-time fans like me, who have learnt the benefits of humility. What goes around etc. and we've certainly experienced much of that over the years. Arrogance can look quite silly very soon after any success and opens you up to painful ridicule from rival fans. Celebrate success wildly but always try to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat - (except maybe with Chelscum).

We travel in hope rather than optimism as we've been let down so many times but I would rather savour the pure ecstasy of the occasional sensation that was Wembley 2014 rather than expect success and experience the despair of say, Manure fans should their team let them down by not winning 3-0 every game!
Has anyone actually met an on 10:10 - Jun 3 with 2584 viewsQPR442

It's the same old rubbish about us because we are in the news more than most teams. Even in the Championship they talked more about QPR then they did Swans/Villa/WBA/Cardiff and co. In fact other than the Jonjo Shelvey own goal and scoring in the same game I couldn't tell you another Swans result. But to be fair the media are not interested.
We have TF and Arry who the press are interested in. Add the money that we have and most don't, and you get bitter fans.
We played Derby at Wembley and just about every Derby fan I spoke to on the day or via Twitter said they would beat us and were better than us, yet most Rangers thought it would be a tough game to win.
TBH I don't care because I heard it all before when we were in League One with Bristol City and Plymouth fans knocking us (where are they now)? In the Championship we had Reading and Leeds fans knocking us (where are they now)? In the Premiership we have Swans fans knocking us (just wait a season or two)?
The good thing about us, is that we are a London club and investors/media/players will always be around. Where is SKY and all main billionaires based? Not Swansea.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 10:19]
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 10:15 - Jun 3 with 2572 viewsTheBlob

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 10:06 - Jun 3 by HantsR

I'm sure that there are lots of long-time fans like me, who have learnt the benefits of humility. What goes around etc. and we've certainly experienced much of that over the years. Arrogance can look quite silly very soon after any success and opens you up to painful ridicule from rival fans. Celebrate success wildly but always try to be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat - (except maybe with Chelscum).

We travel in hope rather than optimism as we've been let down so many times but I would rather savour the pure ecstasy of the occasional sensation that was Wembley 2014 rather than expect success and experience the despair of say, Manure fans should their team let them down by not winning 3-0 every game!

Good god,there's nothing less arrogant and more humbling than being an R's fan.It's probably more character building than several treks across the Antarctic in search of nothing in particular.It's the true evocation of the triumph of blind faith over cosmic adversity.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Has anyone actually met an on 11:12 - Jun 3 with 2477 viewsTrom

20+ years of holding a season ticket and we've had 3 moments of glory in that time..

1. Promotion to the champ at Wednesday
2. Championship winning side
3. Playoff winning side

So about 1 in 7 years has given us something to shout about.

Following the Rs has not been about glory and it's hard to get arrogant having experienced the lows.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 13:49]
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:28 - Jun 3 with 2433 viewsRisborough_r

I did used to cringe when people sang '1-0 to the billionaires'
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:30 - Jun 3 with 2429 viewsTacticalR

Under new Fifa rules, the arrogance of every club is to be carefully monitored. If quotas are exceeded, severe punishments will ensue.

Air hostess clique

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:51 - Jun 3 with 2373 viewsBluce_Ree

Anyone outside of London thinks Londoners are arrogant. Magnify that through the stupidity lens that football fans have and you'd think we were walking around like that Loadsamoney character.

Swansea can f**k off. They seemed arrogant enough when they thought they were the new f**king Barcelona. Turns out they were f**k all and now they are whining like b1tches.

Until Wembley being a QPR fan sucked. It'll probably suck next season too. Arrogant? Arroc*nt you Swansea f**ks.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:52 - Jun 3 with 2369 viewskensalriser

Has anyone actually met an on 11:12 - Jun 3 by Trom

20+ years of holding a season ticket and we've had 3 moments of glory in that time..

1. Promotion to the champ at Wednesday
2. Championship winning side
3. Playoff winning side

So about 1 in 7 years has given us something to shout about.

Following the Rs has not been about glory and it's hard to get arrogant having experienced the lows.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 13:49]

You've forgotton all the seasons we managed to avoid relegation!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:54 - Jun 3 with 2363 viewsJuzzie

It's a sign of the modern social networking world we live in where this culture has created a derth of narcassitic attention seeking me, me, me's who only enjoyment in life is to get a rise out of others.

I just pity them.
Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:55 - Jun 3 with 2353 viewsTacticalR

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 11:52 - Jun 3 by kensalriser

You've forgotton all the seasons we managed to avoid relegation!

Coming 17th is a trophy.

Air hostess clique

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 12:23 - Jun 3 with 2278 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not arrogant about football. Couldn't be.

But when you live next door to the mouthbreathers of SW6 it's clear that life has been rather kind to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Has anyone actually met an "arrogant" QPR fan on here? on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 2143 viewsstansleftfoot

I've met many a person who finds the English language difficult, and I include myself in that group....however for the sake of clarity:
Arrogant ; having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
Possible synonyms: conceited, hubristic, self-important, opinionated, egotistic, full of self importance.....
QPR fan's know their place, only a QPR fan would offer the opinion that they would prefer to be a Club challenging for the Premiership that actually in it.....a rare breed, and for most of us possibly the original reason we joined this Band of Brothers.
In many ways it has taken our new owners a leap into the dark because the grumblings about signing 18 or so current or ex-internationals must have baffled them, and now they have had to redraw the plans....there are more of us than many understand if that's not a sign of wishing to be an underdog I don't know what it is....I estimated 45K at Wembley, possibly more....just where have this arrogant fan-base been hiding themselves...only we know!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024